AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-10, 16:27   Link #81
Yashiro

It was an okay first episode, and I don't have very high expectations for it beyond it just being a mediocre, generic shounen title.
Old 2006-10-10, 16:28   Link #82
stonedzombie
またね

Send a message via AIM to stonedzombie
question.......if i like Bleach, do you guys think i should check this out? (dont like naruto though).
Old 2006-10-11, 01:35   Link #83
Sakuya
*Artist

I like this anime. It has action and comedy, what more could you ask for? Just curious what the OP sounds like.
Old 2006-10-11, 03:17   Link #84
DrewGSR

Saw the first episode... This is quite terrible so far lol. I'll give a few more episdoe but yea, quite unimpressed after 1
Old 2006-10-11, 03:59   Link #85
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Noizi (I'll keep an eye out for a better version)
Old 2006-10-11, 05:03   Link #86
Skane
Anime Snark

Not very impressed by the first episode, but there were enough 'kawaii' moments from Tokiko( the main reason for my initial interest) to make me wait and see for the next episode.

Cheers.
Old 2006-10-11, 05:19   Link #87
kaeli

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedzombie View Post
question.......if i like Bleach, do you guys think i should check this out? (dont like naruto though).
As far as I can tell, BR is more like Bleach than it is like Naruto.
But that does not necessarily have to mean that you'll like it, that's for you to find out. ^^

XD I'm looking forward to finally seeing the opening tonight. Dying to have a first glimpse at the other characters. Well, I hope they'll be there... Kazuki and Tokiko are great and I like them very much, but they were not the ones I was most curious about.

Last edited by kaeli; 2006-10-11 at 05:23. Reason: I click buttons too soon...
Old 2006-10-11, 05:47   Link #88
Magallanes
Oshiete Happiness

Hi:

So this anime is a Bleach-like (and full metal alchemist), with weird weapon, some nice character and nothing more?.

Old 2006-10-11, 06:00   Link #89
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeli View Post
XD I'm looking forward to finally seeing the opening tonight. Dying to have a first glimpse at the other characters. Well, I hope they'll be there... Kazuki and Tokiko are great and I like them very much, but they were not the ones I was most curious about.
Same. I'm looking forward to the OP also.
It's sang by Yoshiki Fukuyama, famous for Fire Bomber songs in Macross7!

Considering the sheer number of characters, I bet they'll have a diffrent animation OP in the second season (maybe even a diffrent song).
Old 2006-10-11, 06:54   Link #90
kaeli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magallanes View Post
Hi:

So this anime is a Bleach-like (and full metal alchemist), with weird weapon, some nice character and nothing more?.

I said it's probably more like Bleach than it is like Naruto, because they have a similar setting (high school), but the series are different... ~.~

As far as I understand, the series is not like FMA anyway. Sure, both use alchemy, but that does not make it comparable, unless you think that Yami No Matsuei, Fullmoon O Sagashite and Death Note are also similar just because they all use shinigami. ^^

What you didn't mention was the whacky sense of humour, and the characters that are positively crack.
I cannot just give you a complete list of all the ingredients of this story, though.
Old 2006-10-11, 07:41   Link #91
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Well, shounen fighting anime isn't really my thing, so I doubt I'm the target audience for this show.

I'd be more interested if Mahiro were to have a larger role, though. The cold-hearted tsundere type (ie Tokiko) doesn't quite appeal to me, but I can imagine some possible interesting plot directions if the younger sister of the main male lead gets her own superpowers...
Old 2006-10-11, 07:46   Link #92
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Hmm...So I can't understand what they are saying (after watching the RAWs), but it does seem to deviate somewhat from the manga storyline.

Overall, I don't think the first episode's as bad as some people make it out to be. It was pretty good, getting Kazuki thrown into the thick of action as usual, but
Spoiler:

I do like the humor, unexpected as some parts may seem. There wasn't any particular music whenever the weird expressions or actions came out. IMO, it seemed quite...fresh in comparison with some animes I've watched.

Looking forward to the next one (1) purely interest and (2) to see how much does it deviate from the manga storyline.

Oh, the ED was surprisingly good too, especially after some negative opinions I've been seeing.
Old 2006-10-11, 08:57   Link #93
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
Hmm...So I can't understand what they are saying (after watching the RAWs), but it does seem to deviate somewhat from the manga storyline.
I don't mind the change. In fact, I LIKED the change.
I'd rather have them go through at a decent pace, considering it's only 2 seasons long.
I think if they split this episode in two, it woulda resulted in dull, boring two episodes
Old 2006-10-11, 12:18   Link #94
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
wht homunculus and alchemy...sounds like FMA to me
it wasnt that bad of a first ep...quite unique and a change from some of the animes that im recently watching...its been a while since i saw an anime with transforming mechanical joints strappted onto a human...ill give it a few more eps before deciding

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-11, 12:29   Link #95
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

It seems okay. Looking forward to more.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2006-10-11, 13:32   Link #96
kaeli

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QS5SAB_V8U
Here's the opening.
Old 2006-10-11, 18:36   Link #97
kaeli

According to XEBEC's website, 26 episodes, yes. At the current pace, this is probably going to work out nicely, as the manga is relatively short at 10 volumes.
Old 2006-10-11, 19:08   Link #98
digihero

Does this show have a good chance of coming to america this show is pretty good and the amnga is good.
Old 2006-10-11, 20:37   Link #99
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I nearly had an orgasm watching the OP. (*゚∀゚)=3
Nearly screamed FIRE BOMMMMBBBEEERRRRR!!

Oh, and those damn gravity-defying skirts. Yeah, damn them.

Last edited by aohige; 2006-10-11 at 20:53.
Old 2006-10-11, 22:38   Link #100
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Great opening. Catchy song and many spoilers of future episode too. Oh, a glimpse of Sunlight Heart Plus!
Closed Thread

Tags
action, shounen