AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 107 55.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 24.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 6.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 5.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.07%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.07%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.52%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.52%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.59%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-19, 10:21   Link #81
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I mean: this was all pretty much expected. Gundams get defeated, new gundams show up and rescue them, and the cycle of gundam-ownage continues.
But we don't know how the 4 Meisters will handle this, It doesn't seem that this set and the thrones have the same ideals put on them, from the initial looks of it, there's this dark aura surrounding the thrones...

And as the others are saying, Gundams can be taken on by a multitude, in system and in order. And I hope Mizushima shows more of it.
Old 2008-01-19, 10:22   Link #82
DwArD
mAnIaC

I still don't like the idea of the Gundams getting caught. In the previous Gundam series, there are cases of Gundams getting caught but its not like all those captured Gundams contain secrets that will severely tip the balance of the war. Gundam 00 is different. Its like all the factions are craving for the GN Drive inside the Gundams. Why would they want something that's powering a war machine? Something just tells me the odd of them using the GN Drive for the right purpose is pretty low. Should the three (or should I say four?) Gundams got captured, the different factions will most probably try to develop their own super MS and by then, the whole world will be in a bigger mess.

I'm pretty sure the top brass in Celestial Beings realised that as well so they built the Thrones just in case something like this happen. This is just a guess but I'm hoping the new Gundams and Meisters will blast in and save the 4 (or 5?) Gundams. Then again, I'll love to see someone go into Heero mode and start pressing the red button.
Old 2008-01-19, 10:23   Link #83
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
As a side comment: that I noticed, HRL deployed no new technology this ep, Union had a whole squad of souped-up Flags, and AEU (which so far had been a clear 3rd in the power stakes) brought out a squad of Enacts for the first time, had the special units with the vibrating panels, and the mobile armour that Ali had.
Dude they didn't need no special technology, they pwned Alleuijah/Halleujiah.

They were much careful this time.

Quote:
Note that those permit the pilot to detach the lower half and escape. Far more sensible.

And anyway, it was more for a surprise factor than actually doing damage. The explosion wasn't that big.
Enough to knock him down though there were some Realdos that seemed to just kamikaze them.

@DwARD

There's a lot of things people use these days that originated from military technology.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 10:26   Link #84
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
@DwARD

There's a lot of things people use these days that originated from military technology.
True true. But that's after all the war ended.
Old 2008-01-19, 10:26   Link #85
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
I'm pretty sure the top brass in Celestial Beings realised that as well so they built the Thrones just in case something like this happen. This is just a guess but I'm hoping the new Gundams and Meisters will blast in and save the 4 (or 5?) Gundams. Then again, I'll love to see someone go into Heero mode and start pressing the red button.
I don't think that the thrones were created to serve that purpose. They have a more deeper reason of being there.
Old 2008-01-19, 10:27   Link #86
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Some personal comments on the ep...

However, I voted this ep a 9 due to the nagging feeling that the 4 Meisters and the operators didn't really seem to be trying hard enough. Apart from some initial developments, there didn't seem to be enough planning from Sumeragi's end. And the Meisters didn't seem to be fighting for their lives - except Setsuna. It's like they'd already given up before the fight started. I would have liked a better sense of the 3 powers truly needing nearly 1000 units to succeed.

I figure this is like a fighting game: sorta like if you get pelted with someone who's juggling you with a really long chained combo. Unless you find an opening, you're just going to keep getting pounded.
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 10:27   Link #87
Galerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
But we don't know how the 4 Meisters will handle this, It doesn't seem that this set and the thrones have the same ideals put on them, from the initial looks of it, there's this dark aura surrounding the thrones...
No, I agree with that. That reaction will make or break the series.

But that doesn't change the fact that this episode wasn't very suprising and exiting.
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 10:28   Link #88
EXEs
Hallelujah...

...Wow. I am totally overwhelmed by this episode. This is totally unlike Gundam Seed/Destiny, where the Gundams can destroy entire battalions without suffering any damage. This is so much more realistic, and for me, this ep left me in awe.

The ending, where Setsuna was having flashbacks and holding up this hand to the Throne, to me, was very emotional, somehow. It gave me a feeling I can't convey in words, a feeling somewhat like...hope.

Now for the long wait till next week...ugh. This keeps getting better and better.
EXEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 10:28   Link #89
DwArD
mAnIaC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
I don't think that the thrones were created to serve that purpose. They have a more deeper reason of being there.
That's one thing I forgot to point out. Not to mention the purpose of having Nadleeh Gundam concealed. Or maybe there's more than one group in the Celestial Being?
Old 2008-01-19, 10:32   Link #90
Galerian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXEs View Post

The ending, where Setsuna was having flashbacks and holding up this hand to the Throne, to me, was very emotional, somehow. It gave me a feeling I can't convey in words, a feeling somewhat like...hope.
I had a different idea when I saw setsuna holding out his hand towards the gundam. I suspect that in his past Setsuna held out the same hand towards Ali, and we all know how that turned out. Somehow I think Setsuna will come to regret the things he did out of admiration for the gundams. It would be a blast if Ali was the one who made things clear for him. Smack him on the head and tell him is making the same mistakes again Ali!
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 10:41   Link #91
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Sounds like a pretty great episode and I can't wait to see it. Here's hoping that after the new Gundams show up the Union, HRL, and/or AEU get to keep the units they captured or at least had enough time to scan them and at least gather some information on the new units or at the very least the GN drives. It would make sense I hope that the very second they had them captured the order to start studying or taking readings on the particles and energy source came down from above or had already been issued. So that even if they get away before this is all over they get something out of this operation.

What happens once the units are captured? They they start pulling them from the battle and moving them back to their home countries or are they still on the field of battle when the new Gundam shows up to save Setsuna and Exia?
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 10:43   Link #92
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Um, I thought this is a 10/10 episode, but after watching it, I give it 9/10 instead.

For some reasons, the battle seems boring. I know the missiles spaming is part of the plan, but it's dull to see that almost all the battle are Gundams defending themselves from the missiles. I was imaging a Gundams VS 1000 MSs big scale epic fight, with something like Exia slicing MS apart while getting boomed....

Tieria and Virtue are really useless. Pilot with no skills and a slow Gundam with low firing rate, and getting owned by grunts with plasma field....right

Graham's words trouble me a lot. To him, Dynames is a sleeping beauty. Ughh

Hallelujah is probably the worst split personality now. Why isn't he fighting when Allelujah is clearly in trouble (and headache)? And surprise surprise, Celestial Being doesn't do any precautions for avoiding Allelujah's headache

Setsuna's scene at the end is the best part. The way he reaches for the Gundam, the BGM, and his monologue is amazingly done. He wants to do something in this twisted word. And we finally know why he decided to pay Marina a visit last episode. He knows he's going to die...seeing him screaming like that is touching

Wow. The descend of Throne Drei! Hope to see them own all next week!
Old 2008-01-19, 10:44   Link #93
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazardNights View Post
What happens once the units are captured? They they start pulling them from the battle and moving them back to their home countries or are they still on the field of battle when the new Gundam shows up to save Setsuna and Exia?
Looks like the latter, judging from the preview.
Old 2008-01-19, 10:49   Link #94
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

@ Throne Eins: Wing Gundam imitation much?
@ Throne Zwei: Dragoons already huh?
@ Throne Drei: I have a feeling I'm really going to like Neena. Except while everyone here prefers Setsuna x Neena, I'd much rather see Sumeragi x Neena.
Old 2008-01-19, 10:53   Link #95
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Looks like the latter, judging from the preview.
Yep, it's still too early for the Gundams to be replaced completely by the newcomers. If the Gundams get captured for real right now, they would be ripped apart so quickly for research that we could effectively write them off as destroyed.

Granted, we know the main Gundam Exia is safe, and the rest of this 1st season can survive on him and the Thrones only, but I think it is still too early to remove three of the Gundams from the picture as yet.
Old 2008-01-19, 10:55   Link #96
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
@ Throne Eins: Wing Gundam imitation much?
Huh? Big gun = Wing Gundam since when?
Quote:
@ Throne Zwei: Dragoons already huh?
SEED had Gunbarrels (wired "Dragoons") since Ep 1.
Quote:
@ Throne Drei: I have a feeling I'm really going to like Neena. Except while everyone here prefers Setsuna x Neena, I'd much rather see Sumeragi x Neena.
Seems like the stereotypical psychotic girl for me, so far.
Old 2008-01-19, 10:57   Link #97
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwArD View Post
That's one thing I forgot to point out. Not to mention the purpose of having Nadleeh Gundam concealed. Or maybe there's more than one group in the Celestial Being?
Yes there is. Fershete black op subgroup of CB. (Gundam 00F)

But it looks like the Throne's is another group hidden from the four posterboy Meisters.

As for the guy who asked why fanboys are slavering over Drei's pilot Neena.

Her seiyuu is Kugimiya Rie, a very accomplished VA veteran known for her loli, cute and tsundere roles. She played Shana (Shakugan no Shana), Louise (Zero no Tsukaima), Nagi (Hayate the Combat Butler), Mayl (Heroic Age) to name a few.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 11:04   Link #98
Tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Yes there is. Fershete black op subgroup of CB. (Gundam 00F)

But it looks like the Throne's is another group hidden from the four posterboy Meisters.

Her seiyuu is Kugimiya Rie, a very accomplished VA veteran known for her loli, cute and tsundere roles. She played Shana (Shakugan no Shana), Louise (Zero no Tsukaima), Nagi (Hayate the Combat Butler), Mayl (Heroic Age) to name a few.

And Alphonse Elric, FMA

(and Kouya -lesbian relation-, Loveless, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDwcFb9QoGg )
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 11:05   Link #99
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I just have a theory that all the interventions that the Meisters did in the past episodes are to force a joint military exercise like this episode, where each superpower sends out their best MSs and pilots to capture the Gundams. The Celestial Being anticipate this and send the Thrones, as surprise attack and to wipe out most of the superpowers' MSs all at once. The funnels and the large cannon carried by Throne Eins seem to function as army killer...
Old 2008-01-19, 11:24   Link #100
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Granted, we know the main Gundam Exia is safe, and the rest of this 1st season can survive on him and the Thrones only, but I think it is still too early to remove three of the Gundams from the picture as yet.
Indeed. We could easily see the escape of the three captured Gundams next episode. Anything can happen at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Seems like the stereotypical psychotic girl for me, so far.
I'm getting that feeling more and more when i think about her. I guess we'll know for sure after next episode at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

Actually, i'm loving Neena for her character design. I'm not going to go crazy over her voice until i've heard it. I still believe Kugimiya is going to put on a complete new level of voice for this role.