AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-05-04, 03:26   Link #161
martino
makes no files now

http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/ind...Player_Classic

and

http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/ind...grab_frames.3F
Old 2007-09-25, 18:34   Link #162
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

ScreenShot capturing

Not sure if this is the best forum for this, so feel free to move.

I make a lot of animated avatars, and so far i have been using a highly inefficient method, basically advancing a frame and saving the frame as an image from media player classic. This is time consuming, an it is also inaccurate (MPC doesnt capture exactly whats on screen, but kicks backward a frame or even 2 sometimes).

What would be awesome is if there was some software that let me load in a video file, select a range of frames/portion of the clip, and then have it spew those frames out into a series of screenshots. I am almost positive something out there can do this. Any suggestions (free is preferable)?

DazarGaidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 18:42   Link #163
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazarGaidin View Post
Not sure if this is the best forum for this, so feel free to move.

I make a lot of animated avatars, and so far i have been using a highly inefficient method, basically advancing a frame and saving the frame as an image from media player classic. This is time consuming, an it is also inaccurate (MPC doesnt capture exactly whats on screen, but kicks backward a frame or even 2 sometimes).
That happens due to the fact that M$'s DirectShow video interface implementation is not frame accurate...

Quote:
What would be awesome is if there was some software that let me load in a video file, select a range of frames/portion of the clip, and then have it spew those frames out into a series of screenshots. I am almost positive something out there can do this. Any suggestions (free is preferable)?
VirtualDub has an option which allows you to save a sequence from a video file (either load directly if it as an AVI file, or load it through AviSynth) as images. (File - Export -> Image Sequence)

(http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...4&postcount=19 - Good for single frame grabbing - the two links in the post that I linked to)

Sample AviSynth script:
Code:
DirectShowSource("C:\path\to\file.mkv", audio=false)
#or AVISource for AVI files, in that case you can just load them directly in VDub
and just drag the *.avs script file into VDub, select the section that you want to export (by moving with the slider there and pressing "Home" to mark the start of the sequence and "End" to mark the last frame from the sequence - can be also done through the GUI buttons and menus) and voila.

Last edited by martino; 2007-09-25 at 18:53.
martino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 18:44   Link #164
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

Yeah i have virtualdub but i couldnt find something that did it..ill scope that thread..

Edit: ahh i found it, it was in the export submenu..much thanks

Old 2007-09-25, 18:51   Link #165
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Yeah i have virtualdub but i couldnt find something that did it..ill scope that thread..
Hehe... Try reloading this page (NB reading my reply again ). I have a bad habit of editing my posts to include more useful information after posting (which tends to confuse people obviously). n_n
Old 2007-09-25, 18:58   Link #166
DazarGaidin
There there, Maggie-chan

I do the same thing. I just used the Image Sequence thing you first mentioned...and it definitely works (i just selected a random test range and it exploded like 1000 images lol)

It has an animated gif option even..then i dont even have to distribute to frames/open/copy n paste

Last edited by DazarGaidin; 2007-09-25 at 19:19.
Old 2007-09-25, 19:32   Link #167
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I have a solution for you, use MPlayer. There are versions for Windows, Macs and Linux. But you'll need to use the command line rather than a GUI interface.

Code:
mplayer -vo gif89a -ao null -ss hh:mm:ss -endpos nn some-video-file
This command will start at hh:mm:ss and run for nn seconds. The output will be stored as an animated GIF called out.gif in the current directory. My avatar of Yukio-chan was created in this fashion.

You'll still have to edit it with a program that supports individual layers. I use the GIMP.

If you use "-vo jpeg" you'll get a sequence of individual JPEG images numbered from 00000001.jpg through nnnnnnnn.jpg depending on the length of sequence you're capturing.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 20:23   Link #168
mikyu

screenshots from mkv files (doesn't work with virtual dub mod)

hello! I hope someone can help me here.

I'd like to make some screenshots from mkv files, because I'm too lazy to convert them to avi. I normaly use virtual dub, but I always get a error messange like:

Couldn't locate decompressor for format 'ĸĸĸĸ' (unknown).
VirtualDub requires a Video for Windows (VFW) compatible codec to
decompress video. DirectShow codecs, such as those used by Windows Media
Player, are not suitable. Only 'Direct stream copy' is available for this
video.

I've installed cccp and I'm tried of trying to solve that problem with virtual dub. So I hope you can help me with another solution to make some screenshots from mkv files without converting it to avi.
or maybe, someone can help me to solve that virtual dub problem?

thanks a lot!
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 22:27   Link #169
arenine

1. Play a video in Media Player Classic.
2. Right click either the red or blue ffdshow icons next to the clock and click ffdshow Video decoder.
3. Scroll down the left side until you see Grab and check the box.
4. Tweak save location and other settings as you please then click apply.
5. Go to the frame you want to snapshot and click Grab Now.
6. Continue playing the clip and the image file will appear at the save location.

I hope this helps.
arenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 02:15   Link #170
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Or...you can just play it in VLC Media Player, then hit Video > Screenshot.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 23:23   Link #171
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

If you can play mkv files then you can open them, but virutaldub needs some help to do so via a little program.

Instructions are here.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=431070

Once that is done you can get screenshots the way you usually do.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 17:43   Link #172
mikyu

thank you very much! (couldn't find my thread anymore T.T)

both methodes worked... I knew the function in vlc ... but I didn't know that the player saves the screenshot automatically ^^°
it's easy to take screenshots over vlc, but with ffdshow you can cange the quality and so on.

I'll try the third option, too. I really want to solve the virtual dub problem ^^°
mikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 22:43   Link #173
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
Cannot take screencaps wit MPC

This problem has probably come up in many other threads, but search the forums found no results for similar threads. Anyway, I am trying to take screen caps when playing anime in Media player classic, but I always get the "GetCurrentImage failed, hr = 8000ffff" error message. I tried to going to options>playback>output>and changing the directshow settings to both default, VMR9(renderless), and just about every other option but I always get the same message. The only codec I have installed is CCCP. What can I do so that I can start taking amusing screencaps of Konata-chan using this player?
Old 2007-10-14, 23:56   Link #174
Kusion
*Fansubber

I don't require a codec to take screen shots in Media Player Classic. I pause it were I want the picture and do File > Save Image.

Have you tried deleting your version and getting one from another source?
Kusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 17:39   Link #175
Nicholi
King of Hosers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko View Post
This problem has probably come up in many other threads, but search the forums found no results for similar threads. Anyway, I am trying to take screen caps when playing anime in Media player classic, but I always get the "GetCurrentImage failed, hr = 8000ffff" error message. I tried to going to options>playback>output>and changing the directshow settings to both default, VMR9(renderless), and just about every other option but I always get the same message. The only codec I have installed is CCCP. What can I do so that I can start taking amusing screencaps of Konata-chan using this player?
Restart the player after you switch the video renderer.
Nicholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 10:51   Link #176
~Chakra-Chan~

I use Animake to get pics out of a video, itīs a freeware, but there are better programms I think...
~Chakra-Chan~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 10:54   Link #177
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Windows Movie Maker?

I Take screenshots with that.

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 10:55   Link #178
Doughnuts

VLC has a snapshot feature, but if it's a softsubbed video and you want the subs in the video, it won't be styled.
Doughnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 14:40   Link #179
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I don't know if this is the right place to post this.. but How do you...

Take screen shots? I tried everything I can think of and nothing seems to work... This is the outcome basically... I pause it, take a print screen, go to my application, paste the scene, but its all weird, its like a window peeking in on the video I have paused, If I close the video, and go back to the image, its just a black canvas. Same thing happens when I save the image as jpeg or bmp... need helps!!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 14:54   Link #180
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Screencapping a video doesn't work this way.
Depending of your player, there is a special key you can set in your player settings so that you can do a screencap.

for Windows Media Classic, it is options => player / Keys
The "Save Image".

Tags
screenshot, wiki candidate