AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-09-20, 19:41   Link #1
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

New (winter 2011- 2012) romance animes please.....

I have been looking for animes randomly on google and am seeing many new romance animes i never even heard of! (for example: Campione!) By new i mean that I want the list of romance animes that were released in Winter 2011 and all through 2012. Please help me by giving me the list of new romance animes.
Remember though, NO echhi (little is acceptable) NO yaoi/yuri. Mecha is ok but not to excessive please.
If you want, you can add a summary of the series. It would help a lot if you let me know if the first season is done or ongoing or if it has more seasons for it.

I don't mind whichever romance you choose. Just make sure it is romantic.

If it's not too troublesome but could you also list new romance anime releases in 2012? Atleast the ones that are ongoing is fine.
Here are some i have:
sukitte ii na yo
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
kamisama hajimemashita

Last edited by Midnight2352; 2012-10-12 at 11:01. Reason: A little thing i would also like....
Midnight2352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-20, 21:53   Link #2
Dawnstorm

What's "new"? Sukitte Ii na Yo is definitely new; it hasn't aired yet. Starts in October.

The best romance anime of the last two years (2011/2012), IMO, are:

Mashiroiro Symphony: On first glance, it looks like a cheesy harem show, but don't let that fool you. It does follow the harem structure, but the male protagonist is actually pretty decisive and well drawn.

Nazo no Kanojo X: Probably the best romance anime since Kimi ni Todoke. Retro look. An utterly weird but wonderful female lead (and a pretty straightforward normal boy). The "saliva exchange" might gross you out, but if you can get past it, you're rewarded with a really warm-hearted and cute show.

Natsuyuki Rendesvouz: Woman continues to run her dead husband's flower shop. Younger guy falls in love with her and starts working at the flower shop. Dead husband's ghost is still around, and for some reason Yung Guy is the only one who can see him. The strangest love triangle I've seen. (I'm not sure you'll like this one: I love it, but it's... unusual.)

Tasogare Otome X Amnesia: Another ghost story romance. Live boy meets ghost girl. This one heads into drama territory in the second half. Very rewarding watch, IMO.

Ano Natsu de Matteru: A really cute romance with lots of likable characters.

Last edited by Dawnstorm; 2012-09-20 at 22:39. Reason: Forgot "Ano Natsu"
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-21, 15:49   Link #3
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Oh sorry, I researched Sukitte Ii na Yo a little more and found out the release date. By new i meant that I want the list of romance animes that were released in Winter 2011 and all through 2012. Sorry once again for the misunderstanding.
The list you gave me however, is good. I'll add them to my list. Thank you!!!!
Old 2012-09-23, 13:12   Link #4
asdamp

kono naka ni hitori imouto ga iru is very good
Old 2012-09-23, 13:33   Link #5
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Nice choice. I'll add that as well on my list. Thank you very much.
Old 2012-09-25, 20:06   Link #6
xSNOWx

Bakuman maybe
Moritaka Mashiro, a junior high school student, content to live out a relatively normal life as any other does, is persuaded by his classmate, Akito Takagi, to become an aspiring mangaka when the latter realizes his natural talent as an artist. However, Moritaka is reluctant to pursue his dream as his uncle, once a mangaka with his own serializations, died from overwork trying to regain his lost status. With Akito's help, Takagi gets another classmate and his school crush, Azuki Miho, who is an aspiring voice actress, to voice in the anime adaptation of their future manga once it is completed. However, Mashiro also proposes to Azuki, who surprisingly accepts only on the condition she will marry him when both of them have achieved their dreams.
xSNOWx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 15:39   Link #7
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

That's how Bakuman is like?! I've been avoiding it because i thought it was just about manga drawing and such. I'll give it a try. Thanks.
Old 2012-09-26, 19:48   Link #8
xSNOWx

No worrys, i was hesitant at first too but it turned out to be really enjoyable
xSNOWx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 19:49   Link #9
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

I hope so. I am very skeptical at the moment.
Old 2012-09-26, 20:10   Link #10
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Little Busters is coming out in 11 days. Translations will come up the week or two after
Old 2012-09-27, 13:34   Link #11
asdamp

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate it´s Currently Airing, I haven´t seen it but it seems pretty good so I thought i would suggest it too . comedy, drama, romance. 12 episodes are out i think .

(the synopsis is kinda long that´s why i didn't put it in here )
Old 2012-09-27, 13:59   Link #12
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdamp View Post
Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate it´s Currently Airing, I haven´t seen it but it seems pretty good so I thought i would suggest it too . comedy, drama, romance. 12 episodes are out i think .

(the synopsis is kinda long that´s why i didn't put it in here )
I second that, and I thought it was a great romance series (just finished it today ). And I'm going to throw to the recommendations Arcana Famiglia. I only watched the first episode, but I can tell it's a decent action-themed reverse harem show that's filled with comedy, romance and fights.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-27, 16:06   Link #13
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Thanks!!! Great suggestions, just what i was looking for. I'll still be welcoming more suggestions though.
@ asdamp : Nice avatar of Sanji
Old 2012-09-27, 17:18   Link #14
asdamp

haha your avatar was cooler then my old one so I had to change it :P
Old 2012-10-12, 14:26   Link #15
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

MisaoFan...I watched the first 3 episodes of Arcana Famiglia and loved it! Thank you so much for the suggestion.

I'll get to the other suggestions soon enough.
Old 2012-10-14, 23:03   Link #16
andromeda0201

You might like Inu x Boku SS, there are a few ecchi scenes but don't go overboard. The ending was really sweet indeed.

Chihayafuru has some romance elements, but they are not a major part of the story.
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 16:32   Link #17
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

I have seen Inu x Boku SS but thanks for the suggestion. Chihayafuru, I have not seen. I don't know if I want romance as a subplot. Hmm...I'll still give it a shot and see what i feel about it.
Thanks again Inujun!!!
Old 2012-10-15, 19:26   Link #18
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
It seems like most of the popular romances are already mentioned. So I'm going to mention a few anime that are not technically romances but does have romance in them that I really like.

I'm not sure why no one mentioned this, but I really liked Sakamichi no Apollon. The "feel" is just very different from typical school romcom these days, partially because it takes place in 1960s. Don't let the era fool you though; it's an amazingly intriguing and enjoyable anime.

Yuru Yuri Just kidding~

Sword Art Online is by no means primarily a romance. But I think the romance aspect so far in SAO outshines many typical romances. In short, it feels genuine and heartfelt, not artificial and forced. It's up to you if you want to try it, but with what little romance there is, it's pretty nice.

Acchi Kocchi doesn't really have a plot, so it's more of a slice of life. With that said, I enjoyed that innocent romance between Io and Tsumiki. Sure it can be overly sweet sometimes, but the characterization of Tsumiki's tsundere is fascinating. It's not the aggressive tsundere we see in normal anime, but the gentle and shy tsundere that I miss from contemporary anime.

Finally, Hotaru no Mori e (movie) is another slice of life and it is another beautiful romance. It's slow paced and short, but you can really see how genuine the relationship between the two main characters are. I highly recommended it...I just can't say any more about it because that will require spoilers.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 16:15   Link #19
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

I did not know SAO had romance. I just watched Hotaru no Mori e because i was in a movie mood. I loved the movie! Though it was short i really appreciated it. I cried in the end. I can't imagine what Gin was going through.
Old 2012-10-17, 00:16   Link #20
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight2352 View Post
I did not know SAO had romance.
The romance is towards the last 6 or 7 episodes thats why it feels like there isn't much

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote