Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-08, 14:30   Link #2741
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
Jungle Pantheon... does that work?
I rarely see Pantheons let alone in the Jungle.

About Zyra, Yes she is a really a amazing mid AP champion.
I can see why Riot would nerf her since pre nerf she was to simply overpowered.
But even after her nerf, a really good Zyra ulti can turn team fights into Ur favour.

Speaking about Pantheon and Fan ficts
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...e_a_sun_to_me/
Its about Pantheon and Leona
Wow that is actually cute XD
Old 2012-09-08, 14:46   Link #2742
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
It takes a good Soraka to properly use W though. If you use it too soon, your opponent will give up once they see the armor up and you will lose in terms of mana, because that heal costs a freakin' lot! Not to mention, it has a heavy cooldown initially, so you'll most likely be caught off-guard in another poking attempt. Soraka can support a lane but it's a matter of time until you run oom.
You only run out of mana if your AD gets hit all day. If you have a semi-skilled carry and don't spam your Q you should pretty much have infinite mana/hp. Also about the bolded part, you heal your carry when he lost some health, not when he's close to die. Soraka lanes are mostly passive.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 14:54   Link #2743
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
You only run out of mana if your AD gets hit all day.
AD skill is highly irregular in solo Q though :P Seriously, I had a Vayne fall to Blitzcrank's rocket grab four times in a row, all resulting in kills. Wouldn't anyone just be more careful about it or L2Tumble after the second time? OTOH I've seen insane poking and simul-flash skillshots for a kill, so I really don't know what kind of people usually play as AD @ bot.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 19:19   Link #2744
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

I saw this rengar parody image and laughed so hard...
Images
rengar large
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 20:45   Link #2745
Kreceir

I might think that i wont see Kellogs at the same way again, with out imagining that the tiger is Rengar...
Old 2012-09-08, 21:34   Link #2746
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
But the main strength of Soraka isn't from her heal, though. It's mostly the armor increasing, the silence, and mr reducing is a gimmick for a certain strat.
Quote:
It takes a good Soraka to properly use W though. If you use it too soon, your opponent will give up once they see the armor up and you will lose in terms of mana, because that heal costs a freakin' lot! Not to mention, it has a heavy cooldown initially, so you'll most likely be caught off-guard in another poking attempt. Soraka can support a lane but it's a matter of time until you run oom.
I spend way too much time keeping people alive from taking way too many hits. Sona's poke is the only one I can regularly safely pull off. If I attempt Soraka's silence or Taric's stun regularly like that, it doesn't work. In fact, most ADC's rage at me for doing that since they're being passive and tower hugging since they're matching the other ADC in CS. So, for my own safety, I'm sticking to Sona because I'm sick of the number of times on Leona I get the full combo off and the ADC reacts way too late, etc. And I don't get much of a choice on when to use W on Soraka because the ADC is taking hits from skillshots all day.
Old 2012-09-08, 22:24   Link #2747
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

SE Asia regionals currently live on Twitch Tv - although quite laggy. Nowhere near as good a stream as the EU regionals. Oh well, at least it works - unlike that US regionals stream...But during battles, the stream locks up to the point seeing 5 frames of the whole fight is lucky...

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-09-08 at 22:35.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 22:58   Link #2748
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
Jungle Pantheon... does that work?
I rarely see Pantheons let alone in the Jungle.

About Zyra, Yes she is a really a amazing mid AP champion.
I can see why Riot would nerf her since pre nerf she was to simply overpowered.
But even after her nerf, a really good Zyra ulti can turn team fights into Ur favour.

Speaking about Pantheon and Fan ficts
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...e_a_sun_to_me/
Its about Pantheon and Leona
Jungle Pantheon is legit, works pretty well if you ask me.

Quote:
"Even before Solari claimed you, You were my sun."
oh man, too cute *_*
Old 2012-09-09, 00:17   Link #2749
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Is there any way to block the chat on this SEA regionals stream...it's an utter disgrace. Biggest bunch of racist, gutless anons I've come across in a long while.
Old 2012-09-09, 00:52   Link #2750
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Well, you could always mute the volume...otherwise, no, I don't think so.
Quote:
I'm sick of the number of times on Leona I get the full combo off and the ADC reacts way too late, etc.
I usually ping before going on the offensive and people either follow up or counter-ping to back away...in which case I become an exp hogger, so when playing with someone like Taric, consider recalling in brush and roaming a bit, it can pay off if your jungler can support bot when necessary.
Quote:
I saw this rengar parody image and laughed so hard...
With 9+ ganks and assists! Hahahaha xD
Old 2012-09-09, 01:30   Link #2751
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
I usually ping before going on the offensive and people either follow up or counter-ping to back away.
Here's the problem...I do it a lot when they get leapt on and prevent them from taking much damage and leave the opposition on low. Yet they're still to chicken to engage...What's the point in playing Leona if your team asks for a tank, you react or give the appropriate iniation catching an ADC or AP out of place, leave them near dead and your team just goes for someone else instead...usually their tank...

FYI the chat is all text so it doesn't seem blockable...I just resort to full screening the vision, even if it makes the video lag even more...there seems to be major discrepancy on who lags and doesn't. Loads of people can see it flawless on 1080p seamlessly whereas myself and a lot of others are still getting major lag on 240p. No idea why...Europe was very smooth for me, no idea why Vietnam is so bad in comparison.
Old 2012-09-09, 01:39   Link #2752
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
you react or give the appropriate iniation catching an ADC or AP out of place, leave them near dead and your team just goes for someone else instead...usually their tank...
IKR!? People are just drawn in by Alistar and Rammus and figure they have to kill them first! Who cares about Tristana with 400 dps?

Dunno about the regionals, works perfectly fine for me at 1080p
Old 2012-09-09, 02:07   Link #2753
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
IKR!? People are just drawn in by Alistar and Rammus and figure they have to kill them first! Who cares about Tristana with 400 dps?

Dunno about the regionals, works perfectly fine for me at 1080p
Speaking of which, the amount of teams in these SEA regionals switching all focus to Leona or Irelia is rather amusing...
Old 2012-09-09, 02:12   Link #2754
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yup...Irelia with GA and enough potential to combo-kill anyone in enemy team. What to do? Focus her first!!! Worth noting: Ezreal had a near-perfect cs and was built much stronger than Irelia, but he can easily dodge a grab...and the alternatives for grabbing weren't so enticing (unless you want to be a troll and grab Karthus and get your team bombed xD). Thailand just needed a different support for this matchup.
Old 2012-09-09, 03:56   Link #2755
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Meh, Singapore Sentinels are miles ahead of anyone else in SEA. Those guys could play and look like the only SEA side worthy of having a good showing in Las Vegas.
Old 2012-09-09, 04:33   Link #2756
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

You haven't watched much of GPL, haven't you?
Old 2012-09-09, 05:10   Link #2757
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I wasn't including China or Korea in that. They're clearly better than the SEA crop by a considerable margin. My comment referred to the teams in today's comp.

But frankly, I think it's between M5 and TSM. Furthermore, after all the bile spouted in the chat room during the SEA stream of anti-Asia and anti-Russia hate, I hope M5 utterly blast everyone off this planet.

It's quite amusing that the moment Rivington the 3rd hit the chat a few mins ago, people are suddenly behaving. Particularly those who were paying him out for hours.
Old 2012-09-09, 05:24   Link #2758
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Well, seems like you are writing off SAJ as competent opponent against SGG, but then I won't argue that then. Better wait and see.
Old 2012-09-09, 06:56   Link #2759
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Laggy stream is laggy...is there any particular reason why Riot uses Twitch/own3d/whatever other stream option there is and not just stick to one?

SAJ seem to be doing pretty well so far.
Old 2012-09-09, 07:39   Link #2760
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

SGS did some of the most retarded team compositions I've ever seen...Yeah, no solid tank and only push negating damage in Game 1 then they let SAJ take Shen in Game 2 and take Caitlyn as ADC...As for items, SAJ were smart enough to tank up on all chars while SGS never did or moved into some silly traps. Global ultimates galore for SAJ while SGS just seemed to be lacking beyond their damage dealers. Credit to SAJ, they were smarter in where they picked fights. They deserved it. QTV did a great top both games - I'd give MVP for that final match. I also credit Nixwater for doing a good Lux in Game 1.

One thing I did notice was that the changed to Ezreal, Graves and Corki may not have had the effect Riot wanted on ADC use. Today's tourney was close to Ezreal and Graves in every match. So it could end up being that the overuse of 3 certain ADCs has simply been compressed to just 2 now. So much for other ADCs coming back into use. Other thing I noticed was the AP dominance seen in Europe was miles away in today's tourney - ADC damage was usally the definitive one. Which again makes me wonder what the SEA qualifiers will do in October.

One interesting thing I did hear today was that Australia will probably be guaranteed qualifying spots in Season 3. I'd love to see a couple of Aussie teams show their stuff, because the couple of tournies I've been to had some damn good teams and the national circuit has improved markedly over the last year, according to some veterans I spoke to at AVCon.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-09-09 at 07:52.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol