AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-14, 13:11   Link #341
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darial View Post
Sheryl's new blog entry is up, and it talks about her new theme song for the Macross Zero movie. My Japanese isn't fluent, but what I can understand seems mostly fluff. Anyone care to translate?

Here is the gist of what she said. I may have to reread some parts though:
======================================
Well, she goes on to say that her song might be used for the Macross Zero movie and that the winner of Miss Macross, Miranda will be playing the lead role. And she says she only knows this because she judged the Miss Macross contest.

It seems she wants Miranda to persevere and do her best.

She mentioned something about other "talent" that appeared and I think she was implying it was Ranka even though she didn't really provide a name. Sheryl sounds like she really has high hopes for her and seems very excited for her.

She also says something like, she's been working and not really playing because....Sheryl Nome is Sheryl Nome (NOTE: I may have to reread this sentence...perhaps ickem can come up with a better translation)

She seems to be touched by the performances in the movie and that it's power also comes from the song.

Towards the conclusion of her blog entry she also seems to be pointing to Alto being included in the movie along with Ranka is also included...again she didn't use their names but by reading this it's sort of implied.

Then ends with..."Go see it!"
====================================

Sorry if this doesn't seem clear.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-06-14, 14:32   Link #342
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Sorry if this doesn't seem clear.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Thanks!
Old 2008-06-15, 00:39   Link #343
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
Here is the gist of what she said. I may have to reread some parts though:
======================================

She also says something like, she's been working and not really playing because....Sheryl Nome is Sheryl Nome (NOTE: I may have to reread this sentence...perhaps ickem can come up with a better translation)

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
I think you translated it well enough. My take is that Sheryl couldn't "let her hair down" so to speak because she has an image to maintain... the "public" Sheryl had to be 'on stage' at all times during the shoot (except for that little bit when she kissed Alto).

Old 2008-06-15, 20:02   Link #344
daimonth
Kohaku Law Firm

Sheryl was talking about how she had never done acting even though she had done many things because she never felt the need to be someone else. Sheryl Nome is Sheryl Nome, wont be mistaken for someone else or become someone else.

The blog also talked about how Sheryl sent some flowers to Ranka for her birthday which correspond with Ranks blog about what she received from everyone.... Alto gave her a flyswatter or something
Old 2008-06-15, 20:10   Link #345
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

I really love her take on things. Throughout the show and her blogs, she has been consistent on one thing, "I am Sheryl, you like it, or you don't"

I APPROVE!

Yet, more and more I read her blogs, more do I think Alto is the sole, the exclusive, the one and only target audience.

- Tak
Old 2008-06-15, 21:48   Link #346
ReddyRedWolf

You know what I'm starting to wonder why Pres. Glass said that if anything were to happen to Sheryl it would cause a diplomatic incident.

Sure she is a VIP singer but a diplomatic incident?

She's not a ambassador.

It's something you would expect for royalty or the president's daughter.

Wait the president's daughter is her nanny in Frontier.
Old 2008-06-15, 21:51   Link #347
nines
I much prefer the 2d

It could become diplomatic like if Grace was to be found out that shes been going threw goverment files and spying on people like that. They could say Grace was doing it for Sheryl and blah blah x.x
Old 2008-06-15, 22:11   Link #348
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

For one thing, she is a valuable export from the Galaxy. Seeing how each colony act as independent political entities, it is not surprising if trouble involving a VIP would cause relations to sour.

Just imagine what would happen say... if Steven Spielberg died in China today due to some obscure reasons?

- Tak
Old 2008-06-16, 02:10   Link #349
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
You know what I'm starting to wonder why Pres. Glass said that if anything were to happen to Sheryl it would cause a diplomatic incident.

Sure she is a VIP singer but a diplomatic incident?
If Michael Jackson got killed back at the height of his "King of pop" popularity in some backwater country because of lax security you know it would've caused an incident.
Old 2008-06-16, 02:14   Link #350
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daimonth View Post
Sheryl was talking about how she had never done acting even though she had done many things because she never felt the need to be someone else. Sheryl Nome is Sheryl Nome, wont be mistaken for someone else or become someone else.

The blog also talked about how Sheryl sent some flowers to Ranka for her birthday which correspond with Ranks blog about what she received from everyone.... Alto gave her a flyswatter or something
A flyswatter? What does he think she needs a flyswatter for? Do they tend to land on her carrot costume or something?
Old 2008-06-16, 02:19   Link #351
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I really love her take on things. Throughout the show and her blogs, she has been consistent on one thing, "I am Sheryl, you like it, or you don't"

I APPROVE!

Yet, more and more I read her blogs, more do I think Alto is the sole, the exclusive, the one and only target audience.

- Tak
In other words, she's not responsible for anything she may say or do because "Being Sheryl" is more important than anything like social norms or consenquences.
Old 2008-06-16, 02:44   Link #352
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post
In other words, she's not responsible for anything she may say or do because "Being Sheryl" is more important than anything like social norms or consenquences.
You're slipping, as a legendary wow forum troll let me give you a tip on trolling, quality > quantity of posts. Sure you can throw in 40 negative Sheryl comments per week but what's the point if no one remembers them? Throw in one or two really good ones and who knows, people might still talk about your legendary trolling of Sheryl Nome years from now!
Old 2008-06-16, 03:27   Link #353
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
You're slipping, as a legendary wow forum troll let me give you a tip on trolling, quality > quantity of posts. Sure you can throw in 40 negative Sheryl comments per week but what's the point if no one remembers them? Throw in one or two really good ones and who knows, people might still talk about your legendary trolling of Sheryl Nome years from now!
It's true though. I mean, don't you get tired of celebrities getting away with crap because they're celebrities? That poor driver probably took the fall for her you know?
Old 2008-06-16, 03:52   Link #354
herbert

Quote:
It's true though. I mean, don't you get tired of celebrities getting away with crap because they're celebrities? That poor driver probably took the fall for her you know?
Yes, I'm tired of. But I don't see why it has anything to do with Sheryl Nome.
Old 2008-06-16, 05:18   Link #355
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Sure. Just as I'm tired of hearing your broken record on a daily basis.
Old 2008-06-16, 05:33   Link #356
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It's true though. I mean, don't you get tired of celebrities getting away with crap because they're celebrities?
Yes. But I'm more tired of your rambling though.
Old 2008-06-16, 05:45   Link #357
SymphonicRain

Would be nice if this forum has a feature to ignore posts from specific users.
Old 2008-06-16, 11:00   Link #358
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by SymphonicRain View Post
Would be nice if this forum has a feature to ignore posts from specific users.
You can add a person to your ignore list, but I prefer not to do that if possible. Wesley though, is getting on my nerves with his trolling and may find himself there soon as he doesn't add anything to the discussion.
Old 2008-06-16, 12:36   Link #359
SymphonicRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
You can add a person to your ignore list, but I prefer not to do that if possible. Wesley though, is getting on my nerves with his trolling and may find himself there soon as he doesn't add anything to the discussion.
Thanks for the heads up. Being someone who lacks the tolerance level of many who has here, this feature is a life saver.
Old 2008-06-16, 16:09   Link #360
Westlo
Lets be reality

Gubba from Macross World has been translated the linear notes for the OST, here's some of it.

Quote:
04. Sagittarius 9:00 PM Don’t Be Late
E) From the 2059 Frontier concert at Tenkumon Hall. When this, Sheryl’s fifth single, was released in November of 2058, it stayed at the top of the Universal Board for 17 straight weeks, shattering the records for the biggest of big hit songs. At the time of its release, a rift was created inside the fan club out of jealousy between the fans born in Sagittarius and those born elsewhere. The split got more and more intense until finally the fan club divided into two factions.
Fanboy wars lolz.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters