AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Old 2011-12-10, 06:32   Link #101
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

The official site has been updated! About, News, Character, Duel Avatar, Books, Game, Special:
http://accel-world.net/

It looks so awesome!
Old 2011-12-10, 09:16   Link #102
Undertaker

Gotta said, Silver Crow looks badass, on the other hand, Black Lotus looks a bit off. I mean don't get me wrong, it looks awesome, but I don't get the sharpness that the Black Lotus was suppose to have. Though I can't wait to see Scarlet Rain.

I was right that Haru seems too short, in novel, he was about Kuroyuki-hime's shoulder height is about half-head shorter than Chiyuri. If the character bio is drawn to scale, he's been reduced to barely chest height or Kuroyuki-hime, which is a bit too short.
Old 2011-12-10, 13:30   Link #103
tsunade666

Great AWESOME!!! AW animation is top notch and silver crow is just pure nasty badass! and being sunrise. I won't be troubled by low quality animation at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Is that a mecha in the background cause that would suddenly explain a whole lot as to why this is a Sunrise show. Also that dude in the front looks like an anime version of Eric Cartman.
Nope, it's not. It's their avatar or form in accelerated world or game.

Haru is indeed too short and looks moe. He looks different from your sweaty and under dog with no confidence MC. But the best news is 2 cour. 2012 is shaping up into an awesome year.

Now if only I can hear a news about index S3. 2012 would be the best year for me couple it up with my college graduation.
Old 2011-12-10, 19:12   Link #104
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I just noticed that Aikei Yukiko is animation director/character designer. That adds more evidence that Studio 8 is the one producing this.

But man, Dengeki are really betting on this and SAO being hits. I mean, getting A-1 Pictures and Sunrise to produce them, and even giving both 2-cour. Really hoping they end up meeting expectations.
Old 2011-12-11, 00:14   Link #105
Key Board
Carbon

manga gave me mixed feelings

on one hand, I love the battle royale premise and I enjoy seeing players with so much investment in accel world getting their hopes crushed and booted out of it

on the other hand, I don't like how much of a tool Haruyuki is.

He's very clearly being manipulated Snow Black. I mean, having low esteem makes it easier to do, but it's still uncomfortable to watch.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 01:52   Link #106
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEndless9 View Post
The official site has been updated! About, News, Character, Duel Avatar, Books, Game, Special:

It looks so awesome!
Here's hoping it's not a flash game and it's a proper console game... That, or it's an mmorpg.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 02:15   Link #107
tsunade666

^ it's can be classified as MMORPG
Old 2011-12-11, 02:36   Link #108
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Not liking kuroyukihime's sudden breast expansion when compared to LN/Manga version IIRC, even the original post art was much closer to the original art. In addition, it seems like the non-haruyuki characters are a bit skinny, but maybe that's because Haru throws off the comparison >_>
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 05:58   Link #109
tsunade666

Well it's the anime's breast upper and we can't do anything about it. Despite her being really flat -_- lolz on vol 03 when I remember about her size the super DFC is not that DFC anymore but I don't have much problem on it than Haruyuki being to small but I'm liking the art so far.
Old 2011-12-11, 10:39   Link #110
Undertaker

Don't get me wrong, I like Haru's design. I just thought it was a bit too short that is seem Haru is consistently in "humor mode"

Though it would be interesting to see how they animate all the touchy, pimpin' scenes...
Old 2011-12-11, 14:48   Link #111
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
manga gave me mixed feelings

on one hand, I love the battle royale premise and I enjoy seeing players with so much investment in accel world getting their hopes crushed and booted out of it

on the other hand, I don't like how much of a tool Haruyuki is.

He's very clearly being manipulated Snow Black. I mean, having low esteem makes it easier to do, but it's still uncomfortable to watch.
So what are they like player griefers or something that just go around ruining people's quests and stuff?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 16:47   Link #112
Xacual

Quote:
So what are they like player griefers or something that just go around ruining people's quests and stuff?
The game is really an MMO fighting game. Pretty much what you do to level up is challenge others and win. You then get some of the opponents burst points. If you lose all your burst points you can no longer access the game and no longer take advantage of the benefits it provides. Many of the players have grown used to using the benefits in real life and are very afraid of losing them permanently.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 16:57   Link #113
Undertaker

Quote:

Spoiler for Series setting background, but just in case.:
Old 2011-12-11, 20:03   Link #114
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Spoiler for Series setting background, but just in case.:
So basically it's a lot like a shonen tournament fighter only with a sci-fi modern gaming twist? If so that actually sounds kind of neat.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-11, 20:18   Link #115
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ it's can be classified as MMORPG
Yeah... but I meant I would like it to be a proper game. Not some browser game/java game similar to the games in Facebook. The novel is set into a world with a 3D PVP Fighting MMORPG.
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 22:06   Link #116
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I just noticed that Aikei Yukiko is animation director/character designer. That adds more evidence that Studio 8 is the one producing this.

But man, Dengeki are really betting on this and SAO being hits. I mean, getting A-1 Pictures and Sunrise to produce them, and even giving both 2-cour. Really hoping they end up meeting expectations.
Man, looking at rest of the staff list, I'm getting more and more hyped. I can already tell the animation's going to be extremely gorgeous.

CG Producer: Eiji Inomoto (this resume list is pretty amazing) I don't think anything can go wrong with this guy in charge.

Rest of the people are like mix match from SoraKake, My-Hime/Otome, and Horizon. The 2 out of the 3 mech designers are from Horizon's team. This is like guaranteed Studio 8. The only thing I need to worry about is really just Yoshino.

Quote:
So basically it's a lot like a shonen tournament fighter only with a sci-fi modern gaming twist? If so that actually sounds kind of neat.
Kinda. Except like Undertaker mentioned, the stake's pretty high. The neural feedback thingy adds a twist later on
Spoiler for later:

I like the story because it's very easy to screw it up, but so far Kawahara has been pretty fun about the whole plot. Even if the story turns out to be horrible, which I really really hope it doesn't (how many times have I said this now), I'm definitely going to watch it for the animation at this point. Also, there's mech, but not mecha, so your idea about Sunrise's involvement in this isn't totally off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEndless9 View Post

It looks so awesome!
Indeed. I spent a little while browsing every single page since they all had different backgrounds that I recognize. The Staff and Cast page (with the Squash score) completely blew my mind compared to how I imagined it while reading it.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 23:01   Link #117
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Kinda. Except like Undertaker mentioned, the stake's pretty high. The neural feedback thingy adds a twist later on.
Yeah, I mentioned
Spoiler for Just in case:
Old 2011-12-18, 06:56   Link #118
ImagineThat
Cant think of one Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
Man, looking at rest of the staff list, I'm getting more and more hyped. I can already tell the animation's going to be extremely gorgeous.

CG Producer: Eiji Inomoto (this resume list is pretty amazing) I don't think anything can go wrong with this guy in charge.

Rest of the people are like mix match from SoraKake, My-Hime/Otome, and Horizon. The 2 out of the 3 mech designers are from Horizon's team. This is like guaranteed Studio 8. The only thing I need to worry about is really just Yoshino.
That is good news about the studio as Horizon has great animation. Like you and others im also worried about Yoshino being the black sheep in the adaptation's production. Seed, Black Butler and now Guilty Crown (which i was enjoying at the beginning but now is becoming a struggle to watch) they all seem to follow a similar pattern. Horrible pacing, episode after episode of nothingness, awful supporting cast and a angst ridden main who is impossible to like.

Code Geass is the only series i've seen that he's been involved in and liked. Hopefully Accel World becomes No.2 but with how angsty Arita is atleast from what i read (not sure how much he devolops later on) i acknowledge that it could be a big ask.
ImagineThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 08:50   Link #119
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagineThat View Post
Seed, Black Butler and now Guilty Crown (which i was enjoying at the beginning but now is becoming a struggle to watch) they all seem to follow a similar pattern. Horrible pacing, episode after episode of nothingness, awful supporting cast and a angst ridden main who is impossible to like.
Black Butler anime is by Okada

I'm optimistic because normaly the guy seems to be involved in a lot of anime originals with no source material,but he's got one here so as long as he sticks to it I figure things should be all right.
Old 2011-12-18, 09:48   Link #120
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

For those who want to see the site PV instantly instead of navigating the site:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, sci-fi, shounen