AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-25, 11:58   Link #41
kuromitsu

Sitri's sexy scones... The drinks look pretty nice, especially the lemonade and the tea.

Apropos Sitri, they should really decide how to spell his name. In the manga and on his picture here it's Sytry, the anime says Sitori (the "o" is probably just a mistake and it's supposed to be Sitri)...

As for volume 7, Amazon says both the limited and non-limited editions are published on June 25th (ie, today).
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 12:20   Link #42
Bern-san

Oh, then we'll see if the anime announcement at least has made people curious about the manga or something
Old 2013-07-04, 10:23   Link #43
Bern-san

The nico event is tomorrow
Old 2013-07-05, 07:34   Link #44
kuromitsu

And since a certain someone messed with my timeshift setting, I can't watch it. Damn it!

I was looking forward to this all week... I hope someone records it. -_____-)
Old 2013-07-05, 07:56   Link #45
Bern-san

I won't be able to watch it either
I lolled at the seiyuus Prince nicknames
Old 2013-07-06, 20:21   Link #46
LKK

Crunchyroll announced it will be streaming the show on Sundays at 10:05 am Pacific Time for the following territories: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, The Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 12:37   Link #47
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 12:59   Link #48
Bern-san

Okay episode, more or less what I expected.
Like MisaoFan, I really enjoyed the OP and ED even if they're not the best of the season. And it looks like they're going to adapt most of the manga, min. till chapter 34 (there's only 45 chapters right now)
The seiyuus made a good job with their characters, I knew that Eguchi Takuya was going to be an excellent William

By the way, if its twitter reaches 30k they're going to make another event
Old 2013-07-07, 16:12   Link #49
kuromitsu

[mod edit: remove source hint] <-- oh come on! The OP/ED are a lot more blatant than anything I said here. A new viewer wouldn't even know it's supposed to be a spoiler.

Anyway, yes, the episode was nice, although it was mostly due to the seiyuu because the direction was a bit choppy (the comedy bits were great, though), and it seems Doga Kobo are not bringing their A game to this show. Seriously, guys, this is the first episode, you could've really put some effort into it. Like, not misspelling the episode title. OK, I'm willing to believe that was on purpose. The seiyuu, though, are excellent. Eguchi and Terashima are spot-on, and yay, Fukuyama Jun uses his "pretty voice" for Kevin! ^o^)

I also quite liked the theme songs - they're not the best ever, but they're very nice. (And right after UtaPri... )

By the way, I wonder how much they're going to adapt - the OP and ED show quite a lot, but the quality doesn't exactly scream "split cour"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
By the way, if its twitter reaches 30k they're going to make another event
WELL COME ON PEOPLE, FOLLOW THEM! XDD

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-07-09 at 03:34. Reason: GAH I just realized what I wrote *facepalm* the one time I try to joke...
Old 2013-07-07, 16:39   Link #50
Bern-san

William's face did look strange. At least it isn't as bad as other recent anime...

I think they'll reach the "serious" part and then take some liberties and make either open/closed ending (most likely an open one maybe although I highly doubt a season 2).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
WELL COME ON PEOPLE, FOLLOW THEM! XDD
Will Yoshitsugu Matsuoka be able to handle another event? The poor guy still has to work on overcoming his extreme shyness
The staff really knows that the seiyuus are the main attraction of this
Old 2013-07-07, 17:14   Link #51
kuromitsu

Quote:
William's face did look strange. At least it isn't as bad as other recent anime...
And Solomon, and Kevin... And the animation was really really simple, too. But yeah, it could've been a lot worse. *mantra: I survived Kemonozume ep 7, I'll survive anything*

Quote:
Will Yoshitsugu Matsuoka be able to handle another event? The poor guy still has to work on overcoming his extreme shyness
The staff really knows that the seiyuus are the main attraction of this
I'm watching the event now, Matsuoka has just lipsynced his line in the OP song, and he's like "oh my god I wish I could just disappear..." while the others are almost literally rotfloling. XDDD I'm only 20 minutes in, but I'm already wondering why he didn't borrow Fukuyama's cloak. XD He clearly needs more training, so come on third event! xD The event, though. The dork levels are off the scale... XDDD

But yes, the main attraction here are really the seiyuu, I suppose the staff realized that what with Free airing this season the pretty boy power alone wouldn't really do the trick. xD

ETA:
A DRAMA CD!! .....without Kevin. Aww, come on!

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-07-07 at 18:17.
Old 2013-07-07, 18:59   Link #52
mistress_kisara

Animation is a little iffy (so obvious that it is low-budgeted ) but I like Dantalion and William very funny characters!
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 21:11   Link #53
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Hmmmm anther rich smart jerk with cash problems
Old 2013-07-08, 13:54   Link #54
ookamigirl

This looks very interesting.
I kinda felt sorry for William.
He certainly found himself in an interesting situation.
Dantalion sure looks like an interesting guy ^^
The whole story is pretty fun as well.
Will be watching this one!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 02:07   Link #55
Traece
:cool:

A bit interesting here. Though I find it rather concerning that the title emphasizes his love of science and unwillingness to accept religion and superstition. Hopefully that doesn't become a big part of the show since there's little point in such a plot, in my eyes, with the genuine article shooting fireballs at him while he's floating.

Pacing-wise this pilot was rather tame, which is good because it seems like everything else has been feeling a bit rushed.
Old 2013-07-09, 09:13   Link #56
Bern-san

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
And Solomon, and Kevin... And the animation was really really simple, too. But yeah, it could've been a lot worse. *mantra: I survived Kemonozume ep 7, I'll survive anything*
I think Gilles was the only one who I thought that looked like his manga counterpart. The others well... It's not like I was expecting a lot of budget.

By the way, for a moment I didn't recognize Saiga Mitsuki as Solomon.

Quote:
I'm watching the event now, Matsuoka has just lipsynced his line in the OP song, and he's like "oh my god I wish I could just disappear..." while the others are almost literally rotfloling. XDDD I'm only 20 minutes in, but I'm already wondering why he didn't borrow Fukuyama's cloak. XD He clearly needs more training, so come on third event! xD The event, though. The dork levels are off the scale... XDDD
Yes, he was doing it just fine at the start even if he still wasn't very talkative but after that incident he behaved like in the previous event I think the others shouldn't tease him a lot, you could see how he was praying for the event to end at some moments..
The others were so hilarious during the whole event though I don't know if they'll manage to reach the 30k because they only have 17k now.
Old 2013-07-13, 13:19   Link #57
larethian

Is this another Fujoshi show?
The characters seem interesting though, and my local Kino is pushing its manga.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 15:12   Link #58
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Is this another Fujoshi show?
The characters seem interesting though, and my local Kino is pushing its manga.
Actually, I know that even some fujoshi find it generic. It's so blatant with the BL overtones, that the girls don't even have to use their imagination that much. Yet, if it was actually a BL, it would still be only an "okay" one.

Strangely enough. Free! does a better job of being fujoshi bait than this show does.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 15:59   Link #59
kuromitsu

Er, that's because Free is in fact "baiting" and encouraging people to "use their imagination" re: the characters' relationships, while Makai ouji is not. Comparing the two is like comparing apples and oranges.

(It's like all those people going "omg Makai ouji is totally like Kuroshitsuji!!" just because both are set in England, both involve demons, and in both the main character has a butler.)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-07-13 at 16:37.
Old 2013-07-14, 13:31   Link #60
ookamigirl

William sure is wanted goods right now.
Isaac is just too naive for his own good.
Sytry vs Dantalion was nice to watch.
Wow, William's stubbornness is truly amazing.
It's fun how all the "candidates" are stalking him.
If it keeps going this way, the school will be full of demons.
Dantalion is definitely my fav ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote