AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 75 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 56 26.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 12.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 15 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 1.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.48%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.48%
Voters: 210. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-01, 10:02   Link #161
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A.
Personally I believe it was Yuki's as well, but I just thought of something weird lol.

You see, when Kyon took off Haruhi's cardigan, I thought it looked really small compared to the other cardigan underneath.

Big cardigan? doesn't look like it belongs to any of the petit girls in SOS dan. Who else can it be?

Itsuki's.
Clever, but no cigar
The boy's winter school uniform consists of a long sleeve shirt, blazer, and grey vest. No cardigan. I should know, my high-school had the same uniform setup.
(You can clearly see Itsuki's vest in 8:03)

Seriously, you don't wear a cardigan/sweater/jumper under a blazer. The sweater is only used in the boy's summer uniform. (together with long socks pulled up all the way, if you wear shorts. That's why I only ever wear trousers in the entire time I was in school, 45 Degrees Celsius heat be damned.)
Old 2006-06-01, 10:08   Link #162
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Clever, but no cigar
The boy's winter school uniform consists of a long sleeve shirt, blazer, and grey vest. No cardigan. I should know, my highschool had the same uniform setup.
(You can clearly see Itsuki's vest in 8:03)

Seriously, you don't wear a cardigan/sweater/jumper under a blazer. The sweater is only used in the boy's summer uniform.
Damn lol, shot down so soon.

But serious the cardigan looks big right? Maybe its just Haruhi's cardigan that looks small, the one that Tsuruya wore was big.

The anime probably won't be showing anything between Itsuki and Kyon then.

Edit:

Wait, even if the cardigan didn't belong to Itsuki, theres still a possibility that he placed it over Kyon lol.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-01, 10:15   Link #163
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Damn lol, shot down so soon.

But serious the cardigan looks big right? Maybe its just Haruhi's cardigan that looks small, the one that Tsuruya wore was big.

The anime probably won't be showing anything between Itsuki and Kyon then.
If they really wanted to hint at Itsuki X Kyon, they would need to cover Kyon with Itsuki's Blazer. Anyway, Haruhi's cardigan was big enough to cover over Yuki's, so it can't be too small.
(20:55)
You can clearly see in that scene that the cardigan underneath is completely covered by the one above.

Clever idea though...

Quote:
Wait, even if the cardigan didn't belong to Itsuki, theres still a possibility that he placed it over Kyon lol.
Using a piece of clothing from a girl? Seriously doubt it. You don't do that without the owner's permission, or he/she will deck you if a misunderstanding occurs.
Old 2006-06-01, 10:20   Link #164
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Well, its really weird though. If you see someone already covered by a cardigan, would you cover him again with another cardigan? Sounds like an act that can be performed only by someone who thinks differently lol - Haruhi. Haruhi probably wanted to show that the person who left the 1st cardigan isn't the only person who cares for him in SOS dan lol.

Yuki doesn't seem to be someone that will show real signs of caring. She may respond with consideration but I don't really expect her to act on her own will of consideration.

Old 2006-06-01, 10:24   Link #165
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Well, its really weird though. If you see someone already covered by a cardigan, would you cover him again with another cardigan? Sounds like an act that can be performed only by someone who thinks differently lol - Haruhi. Haruhi probably wanted to show that the person who left the 1st cardigan isn't the only person who cares for him in SOS dan lol.

Yuki doesn't seem to be someone that will show real signs of caring. She may respond with consideration but I don't really expect her to act on her own will of consideration.
If you've read volume 4, you will feel inclined to think it is Yuki that gave Kyon the cardigan, this is because
Spoiler for volume 4:
Old 2006-06-01, 10:27   Link #166
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well... Haruhi could just as well took Mikuru's cardigan, too, along with her own and put BOTH on Kyon, since she thinks she owns Mikuru, and everything that is Mikuru's are her own, so she's giving him TWO cardigans at the same time You know, like a child's thought "the more the better"?
Old 2006-06-01, 10:38   Link #167
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
If you've read volume 4, you will feel inclined to think it is Yuki that gave Kyon the cardigan, this is because
Spoiler for volume 4:
Hmmm I see, looks like I have to read more lol

Also when Kyon woke up, Haruhi backed off immediately. What was she really doing?

1. Did she want to look at Kyon really close?
2. Or did Kyon wake up immediately after she left the cardigan on him?
3. Or novel 1 chapter 7?

lol anyway this scene is a total moe plus for Haruhi.

Old 2006-06-01, 10:57   Link #168
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Hmmm I see, looks like I have to read more lol

Also when Kyon woke up, Haruhi backed off immediately. What was she really doing?

1. Did she want to look at Kyon really close?
2. Or did Kyon wake up immediately after she left the cardigan on him?
3. Or novel 1 chapter 7?

lol anyway this scene is a total moe plus for Haruhi.
Well IMO, what does a guy do when he sees a cute girl quietly snoozing away on the table?

In this case, reverse it with what a girl does (I could be wrong since I'm a guy) when she sees a guy she likes quietly snoozing away on the table?
Old 2006-06-01, 11:12   Link #169
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Well, I do know that
Spoiler for Novel Info:
but I don't think it's clear who left it.

I'm inclined to think it was Mikuru, though, simply because Haruhi added hers. It's entirely possible that Haruhi would have added hers after Yuki did, but without the jealousy factor, it's less likely.
Old 2006-06-01, 11:38   Link #170
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
As Kinny Riddle implied, you just have to wait a week or two to find out why Yuki is... Well, Yuki.

That's one of the reason why i am upset that Kyon is appearing to not warming up to Yuki as he is to the other two girls, even after the unaired episode 5. Especially with the Island murder episode, when by all logic Kyon could have solved the mystery earlier if he talked to Yuki instead of Itsuki.
Old 2006-06-01, 11:45   Link #171
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i hope we get to see more yuki and kyon time in the next few eps left...i think they make a great couple

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-06-01, 11:47   Link #172
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
As Kinny Riddle implied, you just have to wait a week or two to find out why Yuki is... Well, Yuki.

That's one of the reason why i am upset that Kyon is appearing to not warming up to Yuki as he is to the other two girls, even after the unaired episode 5. Especially with the Island murder episode, when by all logic Kyon could have solved the mystery earlier if he talked to Yuki instead of Itsuki.
Well, I've read Yuutsu already and know what happened exactly.

Even with Yuki becoming Yuki, she still don't appear to me that she would actually carry out such direct actions.

And for Kyon not warming up to Yuki, he's not really paying much attention to Haruhi too. He finds her as the main cause of trouble in his life and isn't really happy. So far Kyon has only shown that he truely likes Mikuru.

Old 2006-06-01, 11:50   Link #173
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
So far Kyon has only shown that he truely likes Mikuru.
Happy Mikuru fan

Too bad Haruhi's gonna create a new reality when she finds that out
Old 2006-06-01, 11:52   Link #174
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Well, I've read Yuutsu already and know what happened exactly.

Even with Yuki becoming Yuki, she still don't appear to me that she would actually carry out such direct actions.
People in love can do things outside of their norm.

Even if said person is a 3 year old Alien-designed Bioroid lifeform.

Quote:
So far Kyon has only shown that he truely likes Mikuru.
I am not so sure... I believe a large part of it is him being thinking with his other head.
Old 2006-06-01, 12:07   Link #175
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Lacking "look ahead knowledge"... my only comment about Yuki is that it appears that Kyon is the *first* person to treat her like a person since she's arrived... and she's responding to that in her puppy-like way adjusted for her immense skills and knowledge along with her "observer" status.
I think Itsuki treats her like a person too but he came along later and his understanding of her "faction" may make him a bit wary.

We've seen a few instances of why Haruhi could be so dangerous if unshepherded - because reality becomes her expectation even if it isn't always what she wants (stick lottery, murder mystery bits). I'm almost surprised that Mikuru, Koizumi, and Yuki haven't thrown Kyon on ... well, perhaps thats for the best
Old 2006-06-01, 12:26   Link #176
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
People in love can do things outside of their norm.

Even if said person is a 3 year old Alien-designed Bioroid lifeform.

I am not so sure... I believe a large part of it is him being thinking with his other head.
Probably, I personally think that the cardigan:

75% Yuki's action
20% Itsuki
5% Mikuru, she has already shown her care in this episode. Yuki and Itsuki didn't do much, so they are obvious candidates.

Well Mikuru is obviously very charming, any guy would like her. Then if we're talking about interest, Kyon probably had interests in Haruhi right from the start lol. If not he wouldn't be talking to her so much. Kyon didn't really show much interest in Yuki besides being grateful to her.

Personally, Kyon's choice:

45% Haruhi
45% Mikuru
9.999% Yuki
0.001% Itsuki, lol had to include him

I'm a firm supporter of Haruhi though, I'm a fanatic Haruhist anyway lol and we know that Haruhi and Kyon is destined to be together.

Old 2006-06-01, 12:33   Link #177
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:

Personally, Kyon's choice:

45% Haruhi
45% Mikuru
9.999% Yuki
0.001% Itsuki, lol had to include him

I'm a firm supporter of Haruhi though, I'm a fanatic Haruhist anyway lol and we know that Haruhi and Kyon is destined to be together.
Nah, that Haruhi percentage seems wrong with what I've watched so far. Kyon always has something good to say to or about Mikuru, he usually wishes he saw Mikuru or had Mikuru's tea, etc etc. While he's usually making annoyed remarks about Haruhi. While he did say she's a stunning beauty when he first saw her, that was it, more or less. So, unless Haruhi wants to change reality, her percentage is quite lower than Mikuru's
Old 2006-06-01, 12:34   Link #178
Chiro-Chan

Location: Chiro lives in Oregon, nyo.. It's too cold and wet here.. *shiver* I wanna live with Fluffy-butt!
Send a message via AIM to Chiro-Chan
This Suzumiya Haruhi is so popular.. But Chiro has never heard of it before now.. T_T Someone pm me and tell me what it issss!!! T_T
Old 2006-06-01, 12:43   Link #179
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Nah, that Haruhi percentage seems wrong with what I've watched so far. Kyon always has something good to say to or about Mikuru, he usually wishes he saw Mikuru or had Mikuru's tea, etc etc. While he's usually making annoyed remarks about Haruhi. While he did say she's a stunning beauty when he first saw her, that was it, more or less. So, unless Haruhi wants to change reality, her percentage is quite lower than Mikuru's
I admit that my biasness and Haruhi-sama's influence has caused me to come up with such a percentage table lol

Kyon is pretty cold towards Haruhi, even in this episode.

Like the first thing he said after waking up:

"its just you?" - sounds like he was expecting to see mikuru or someone else hanging around.

Then, even though he had no problem with only Haruhi around, he replied:

"You didn't draw anything on my face, did you?"

He didn't realise the significance of having Haruhi's cardigan covering him, but thought of the other cardigan and Mikuru changing while he's asleep.

He wasn't really delighted having Haruhi share the umbrella and walking home with him.

I feel sorry for Haruhi-sama lol

Old 2006-06-01, 13:07   Link #180
Xinil
Blargh

Send a message via ICQ to Xinil Send a message via AIM to Xinil
Well said C.A..

I too, feel sorry for Haruhi. Kyon is being awful cold towards her lately. I don't need to mention them, because you already did, but the whole "it's just you" and "you didn't draw anything on my face, did you?" lines sounded like punches in the face to me. While Kyon may be attracted to Haruhi's body, it sure doesn't look like he's attracted to her in any other sense. This deeply depresses me. I'm definitely not a Mikuru fan (dumb blonde anyone?), so Kyon needs to start liking Haruhi more.
Closed Thread