Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-03, 13:37   Link #461
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Noitamina's producer Yamamoto once said Nodame Cantabile didn't do as badly as first few weeks of Oricon numbers suggested, its backorder sales were much better. Given enough time, Tsuritama will be able to break even, no worries. I'm also playing with the idea of purchasing the discs.
I'd actually like it to do well enough for them to consider a sequel. Clearly, the folks involved feel there's more story to be told.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-06, 11:29   Link #462
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Tsuritama adds 2338 Blu-rays, total 4,494. For the type of show it is, that's a really good number. Very, very gratifying news indeed!
Old 2012-07-06, 16:54   Link #463
YayPepsi

I put Mirai Nikki's opening song over Tsuritama's OP and vice versa!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVrCHdCDKRc&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaEFv...re=context-cha
Old 2012-07-06, 18:13   Link #464
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Tsuritama adds 2338 Blu-rays, total 4,494. For the type of show it is, that's a really good number. Very, very gratifying news indeed!
Well it sounds like it broke even with those numbers (although I don't know what Tsuritama's budget was if I would venture to guess costs were not super high).

Maybe I would call it a mild success not a huge success. It's not bad numbers for a smaller original series with no established fan base that's for sure.
Old 2012-07-06, 19:09   Link #465
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That's better than break-even if it can keep this average up (first volume will likely end up around 5K).
Old 2012-07-09, 03:09   Link #466
kuromitsu

Just a note, the second chapter of the novelization is up! It covers the story until Haru's "let's save the Earth together!"
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 12:07   Link #467
CaptainKoto

I think Tsuritama's popularity is definitely rising. I personally didn't know what to think of this series when I first checked it out, but the story and the characters grew on me. I've come to like it very much, and I hope it does well
CaptainKoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 14:20   Link #468
yura`

Catching up on my backlog of anime, and I am so glad I chose to marathon this first. After watching a few episodes, I had to see what my fellow anime-watchers were saying about this amazing new show, and was disappointed to find that this hasn't gotten as much attention as it deserves to have.

Like CaptainKoto, I didn't know what to make of the premise when I first read it, but the whimsical and quirky nature of the story, characters and setting really endear themselves to you. I love its utter absurdity, and because the world of Tsuritama often seemed so absurd, that absurdity becomes natural, and I love that aspect of the show. This show was close to perfection, and it's been a while since any anime series made me feel that way.

I feared for the ending, because too often, a good story is marred by a horribly executed ending (I'm sure a lot of us can attest to that!), but I found that I needn't have worried with Tsuritama. The ending was done very well, I thought. The cheerful epilogue saw me grinning the whole way throughout. The character developments by the end was done very well—I wouldn't mind seeing more of Haru and friends, but the happy note on which the series concluded is satisfying enough.
yura` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 08:43   Link #469
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Not 100% sure what these are, tsuritama cookies?
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 11:33   Link #470
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Not 100% sure what these are, tsuritama cookies?
Yes they are. They were served at a launch party and will go on sale later on.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 08:31   Link #471
Bern-san

Scans
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-07-24, 14:35   Link #472
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Just finished marathoning this and though I wanted to watch it as it aired I'm glad I didnt since the last few epis had some nice cliffhangers in it. Loved the visuals and the BGM. Ending was done very well, I agree with yura` about sometimes a good anime has a rushed or static ending. Tsuritama had neither. I liked the little epilogue at the ending. Only complaint, Urara need more screen time! I knew that was TakaSaku the moment I heard him!! XD (actually I liked that we didnt meet him til the end Im just "complaining" since I love TakaSaku so much )
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 18:16   Link #473
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Only complaint, Urara need more screen time! I knew that was TakaSaku the moment I heard him!! XD (actually I liked that we didnt meet him til the end Im just "complaining" since I love TakaSaku so much )
My god you really are such a fangirl for him, Bunnie!

I figured he just dropped by to schmooze with Nakamura, speak his couple of lines, and then they all went out for a beer or "something." (Given the Apothecary shows, I might like a little of that "something" myself.)
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 18:22   Link #474
Kirarakim

The funny thing is if Tumblr is any indication I think Urara who came at the last second is the most popular character.

Now personally I can't decide between them.
Old 2012-07-24, 19:17   Link #475
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

@Seji, I so am!

It doesnt surprise me Urara's popularity, he was adorable. Seems characters who have little screen time are always popular.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 22:54   Link #476
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
The funny thing is if Tumblr is any indication I think Urara who came at the last second is the most popular character.
I'll say, I was watching the show a week behind and was pretty confused for a few days why there was this random blue-haired character popping up with a #tsuritama tag beneath....
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 03:16   Link #477
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

When I first picked up this show, I wasn't really expecting much from it, but it proved me wrong in the biggest way possible and turned out to be one of the highlights of the spring for me.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 13:23   Link #478
Kirarakim

So I discovered two Tsuritama books that are coming out this month. I am a bit unclear what either are, although they both sound interesting

Tsuritama: Complete Design Collection
for about 2500 Yen

Have absolutely no clue what this is, but the title sounds nice.

Tsuritama: Visual Fan Book= for about 1900 Yen

Includes illustrations, round-table talk between Ryouta Osaka, Miyu Irino, Kouki Uchiyama and Tomokazu Sugita. Includes "Tsuri Tama Radio" report, presentation of sketch, staff interview and much more.

The second one might be nice for anyone who can read Japanese. I stay away from things with too much text, but I like the sound of illustrations.
Old 2012-08-05, 01:52   Link #479
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
So I discovered two Tsuritama books that are coming out this month. I am a bit unclear what either are, although they both sound interesting

Tsuritama: Complete Design Collection
for about 2500 Yen

Have absolutely no clue what this is, but the title sounds nice.

Tsuritama: Visual Fan Book= for about 1900 Yen

Includes illustrations, round-table talk between Ryouta Osaka, Miyu Irino, Kouki Uchiyama and Tomokazu Sugita. Includes "Tsuri Tama Radio" report, presentation of sketch, staff interview and much more.

The second one might be nice for anyone who can read Japanese. I stay away from things with too much text, but I like the sound of illustrations.
Sweet, good thing I haven't placed my order for the Visual Fanbook yet, now I can add the Materials Collection <3. Didn't think they'd release one of Tsuritama so it's a great surprise. It's basically a collection of design materials such as character reference sheets, background art and etc. They often come with some staff interviews too.
Old 2012-08-31, 10:58   Link #480
Kakkou
Tch.

Just thought I'd share this:

Ryota Ohsaka (Yuki's VA) doing the Enoshima Dance in one of the Let's SF episodes. XD

Tags
fishing, friendship, noitamina