AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2009-09-02, 03:32   Link #301
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Well, Shirou has a quite bad fashion sense.
Spoiler for Visual Novel:
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 03:52   Link #302
Aqua Knight

Well...

Spoiler for [:
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 04:30   Link #303
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

probably...or he likes to dye it that way. We always think the characters have their original hair color. They could even dye it...especially the extreme ones.
Old 2009-09-02, 06:41   Link #304
ecchi-ru
Straw-Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17th_warrior View Post
Still movie face>>>>> anime faces, but lose to VN.
Moreover, I like Shirou as a hero but his appearance and clothes still make me laugh.
Actually the movie trailer is not bad but there are some quirks that are apparent even in the trailer.

Spoiler for What I Thought About The Trailer:
ecchi-ru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 07:18   Link #305
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Willy, while re-reading Fate/Zero, Irisviel says she willingly shuts down her bodily functions to cope with Assassin's energies inside of her. It's also why Saber does all the work for her at that point, Irisviel's grip is a joke at that point.

Back to the topic, the movie will have to pin everything on the fights, and they'll probably get something wrong, making it a disaster.
Old 2009-09-02, 07:33   Link #306
ecchi-ru
Straw-Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Back to the topic, the movie will have to pin everything on the fights, and they'll probably get something wrong, making it a disaster.
Man.. if the movie is 90 minutes, they better have 30 minutes or more of Unlimited Blade Works because its EPIC.

I also wonder why they don't get Ufotable (who did a high quality job with Kara No Kyoukai) to do this.
ecchi-ru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 07:37   Link #307
Flinch
Onii-chan~

I couldn't care less about Shiro using UBW against Gilgamesh. I'd only be looking forward to the fight between Cuchulainn and Emiya.

Odd Thought:
Why didn't Gilgamesh use Enkindu on Shiro? Even though Shiro has no divinity, the chains would still be strong enough to bind his limbs. Oh wait, because Gilgamesh would actually win... my bad.
Old 2009-09-02, 08:01   Link #308
rastilin

Quote:
Odd Thought:
Why didn't Gilgamesh use Enkindu on Shiro? Even though Shiro has no divinity, the chains would still be strong enough to bind his limbs. Oh wait, because Gilgamesh would actually win... my bad.
If you're going to get into that discussion there's loads of points where characters could have done better. We know Archer has a sniping arrow that tracks it's target from 4 miles away and returns when missed or deflected based on HA. It also says that "White Eyes" lets him see through objects. For something so useful, he only uses it once.

For another; he's supposed to be the greatest military mind with "Eye of the Mind", but fails to move between shots like every military sniper knows how to do. It's not like it would be trouble and would have made him invincible in HA.

It would have been harder to write such a compelling story if one of the characters goes around nailing his targets from miles away while they're asleep. But you've got to wonder, with all the trouble Goldie causes, what with his basement full of undead children, killing him on day 1 would be a service. Not like any of the other characters would have missed him.
rastilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 10:37   Link #309
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Well, most of the servants are having damn good instincts...and Goldie is famous for defeating really extraordinary beings. Sniping him from affar probably wouldn't work.
But to be honest...you're right there's many plotholes about the use of the servants abilities skills or anything power-related. Like Gil could've used the GoB like crazy and using every Noble Phantasm's abilities. It's not as if he wouldn't be able to do it. His Fate introduction and his actions at the date was fair enough to prove it.
It's just Nasu isn't almighty and he goes a bit overboard with the powers. As much he even forgets some and didn't use those up fully(or even in any way)
To Flinch:
Spoiler for Visual Novel:
Old 2009-09-02, 12:52   Link #310
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Odd Thought:
Because Gil is extremely arrogant and proud of his GoB. Shirou tells him that even though his weapons are fake imitations of Gil's, they are superior and that he will prove it by destroying Gil's weapons and Gil. To Gil, this would be an inexcusable insult. Thus, Gil raged and did not think clearly. Also, as you mentioned, Shirou has no divinity. Enkidu against Shirou would have the same toughness as an ordinary chain. And while Shirou is an ordinary human, remember he was basically spamming NP's in his UBW. At this point, Enkidu probably wouldn't even slow Shirou down, as he'd cut through it with one of his numerous sword NP's. Also, you have to realize that Gilgamesh was getting pushed back when Shirou revealed his ubw. Gilgamesh has to actually take his weapon out of his GoB before he can use it. It's not instantneous "i think of Enkidu and it comes out of GoB." It's mentioned that in fact, the speed that ubw takes to bring out the weapons is greater than the speed GoB has, which is while Shirou was winning. Taking out Enkidu would probably result in the same thing that taking out Ea did. The small amount of time he takes to take it out will give Shirou the time to cut off his arm and slice and dice him.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 12:55   Link #311
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

Spoiler for for gob vs ubw:
Old 2009-09-02, 13:05   Link #312
Flinch
Onii-chan~

If someone keeps copying your weapons as soon as you pull one out, why not use a weapon they CAN'T copy. Both Ea and Enkindu are such weapons, which he could use to prove his superiority.
Old 2009-09-02, 13:12   Link #313
orangejuicetang

No you see, Shirous said that his copies are superior to Gil's originals. Bringing out a weapon that Shirou can't copy wouldn't prove that Gil's weapons are superior to the copies. Oh, and Shirou can trace Enkidu. It just takes more mana than copying swords. The only weapon he can't trace is Ea, since the materials are "otherworldy" Actually, now that I think about it, it actually makes alot of sense not to bring out Enkidu. To Shirou, it would simply be a tough chain that he can probably slice through, but if Shirou than traced it against Gil, Gil would be in serious trouble, being 2/3rds divine.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
Old 2009-09-02, 14:19   Link #314
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Well, Actually Enkidu isn't only a chain. It's description is false. It's rather special even against non-divine beings.
Spoiler for Visual Novel, UBW:
Old 2009-09-02, 14:51   Link #315
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Well, Actually Enkidu isn't only a chain. It's description is false. It's rather special even against non-divine beings.
Spoiler for Visual Novel, UBW:
Wait, what? I don't remember this. Also, what does willpower have to do with breaking free of Enkidu? Breaking Enkidu requires strength. It's a chain that grows stronger depending on the divinity of the person who is getting attacked by it. http://typemoon.wikia.com/wiki/Enkidu

Old 2009-09-02, 15:35   Link #316
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Well, it isn't a problem either then...or that Berserker scene was one of those WTF moments(aka plotholes directly made for just pure badassery incereace) UBW is full of.
If so and we stick into the original stated power of Enkidu Gilgamesh is really can't do anything.(except maybe an EA blast...well it's a "sword that cuts through the world")

Anyways it's really more of a Game Discussion than actual movie discussion. At least it's UBW-related.
Old 2009-09-02, 15:37   Link #317
Kimiko Khan
reality has no meaning

shirous copies aren't superior. 1 they're downgraded a rank the imagination is limited 2. you'll notice they shatter easily. 3 the original is always better even caliburn isn't as strong as merdoch.
as for enkidu willpower ways heavily
Spoiler for berserker:
Old 2009-09-02, 16:01   Link #318
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

And I don't think Gilgamesh couldn't use the Noble Phantasms' abilities either.
another proof:
Spoiler for UBW, vs Berserker:
Old 2009-09-02, 16:50   Link #319
Flinch
Onii-chan~

If any of you ever read Fate/Zero, you would know how deadly Enkindu can still be.

Spoiler:

Also, it wouldn't be possible to trace Enkindu, as Enkindu himself was created by Anu to appeal to the prayers to end Gilgamesh's reign of terror.
Old 2009-09-02, 17:05   Link #320
mAc Chaos
King of Heroes

I was watching the final scene between Shirou and Gilgamesh... it wasn't even that Gilgamesh tried, but was overpowered. He really got ticked off at that whole "faker" thing, with Shirou copying his weapons. He was hellbent on proving that the real deal was better than the fake ones. There were many times he could have just killed Shirou but he deliberately fought on Shirou's terms; ie, he only used weapons Shirou was using, to show him that HIS versions of them were better.

Even when he was stuck in Unlimited Blade Works, if he had just unleashed the full power of the Gate of Babylon I think he would've killed Shirou instantly.

The reason Shirou was having a fighting chance is because Shirou would project a weapon, then Gilgamesh would stubbornly fire off a copy of that weapon to destroy it. So he was going weapon for weapon with Shirou, to prove each copy of his was better. But inside the reality marble Shirou could project faster than Gilgamesh could summon them, so he was overwhelmed.
mAc Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote