AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 1 2.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 26.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 9.52%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 11.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 4.76%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 16.67%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-05, 17:54   Link #161
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I haven't seen the special episode yet. Wish I can see it.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2009-09-06, 03:52   Link #162
Snowman24

I became a fan of this girl after she was shown...sadly, this is the one and only time she'll probably ever be shown. No name given or much screen time, but I'm a fan. Just thought that she was cute and loved her speaking voice. <3 <3

just the way I am, every anime I have watched, i've never been a fan of main characters. Never once did I like Alicia or Welkin, the main characters when I played the game. Game was interesting, you could choose your favorite side character over and over again.

my interest is in side characters or others who don't get much spot light. However brief, If I see them and I like em, I'll be their fan.
Old 2009-09-06, 04:18   Link #163
xKeen

Spoiler for this ep.:
Old 2009-09-06, 09:09   Link #164
Snowman24

He wasnt any better in the game either, I really hated him as well frm the first moment he was introduced
Old 2009-09-06, 10:40   Link #165
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman24 View Post
No name given or much screen time, but I'm a fan. Just thought that she was cute and loved her speaking voice. <3 <3

my interest is in side characters or others who don't get much spot light. However brief, If I see them and I like em, I'll be their fan.

o_O That's odd. Does it have to be human or alive? What if it was a nice rug that didn't get much screen time? Ahh the way it sounds when soldiers rubbed the bottom of their feet against it.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2009-09-06 at 20:34.
Old 2009-09-07, 10:04   Link #166
JackSparrowRon
Naifu Handler~

Ahhh, gave this episode a 6/10 for... my own personal reasons. Not that I hated it; in fact, I thought this was going to be one of the best series I was ever going to watch... at the start. Somehow, things started veering off a bit from what I expected.

My really short view on this Episode:

-Okay, so the whole orphanage thing was kinda new to me, no comment on that(?). Still, it's great to have a little information on Alicia's past =D

-Of course, like the previous point, Alicia's character really needs to be explored a bit more.

-Hunh. Welkin's starting to creep me out a little, what, with random fights occuring between him and Faldio, his behaviour around his teammates changing drastically from before, etc. And this wasn't noted just in this episode, but in other episodes back too.

-Now I'm really starting to hate the Squad members even more... since when was discrimination against races/different types of people a "whole-series cast" thing? Damon is contagious...

-"Desperate times calls for desperate measures" really shows and applies itself throughout episode 22, doesn't it? With Faldio's attempt of "waking the Valkyrur's powers" and of course, the Ramal flashback, he really asked for it! Straining the bond of friendship seems to be the main thing of the show now O.O

-We're being shown lesser and lesser of Welkin's absurdly intelligent mind... c'mon, needs more ingenious brainpower! xD

To conclude, this episode was... not what I'd expected it to be. Yeah, totally unexpected. Then again, it could turn into something better in the next episode, so I guess I'll be looking forward to that. More strategy-based fighting/war scenes would be nice and appropriate, now that they've got a Valkyrur in their midst (Let's just hope they don't blast through the series with sheer Valkyrur powers).
Old 2009-09-09, 09:56   Link #167
reaper_unique

I think you'll be very dissapointed next episode >_<
Old 2009-09-15, 11:20   Link #168
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
This is probably something the script writers didn't take into consideration, because personally i find it pretty disgusting how the squad 7 members can just turn their backs so easily like that against Alicia, especially how much some of them have interacted with her in the past (like Susie and Edy). Very disappointing.
Well I got to watch the episode just now, (geez doremi take for ages ! ><) and I feel the same way!

Infact it made be feel so pissed to watch squad 7 top accuse Alicia as being a monster even after fighting as a unit for so long and eating her bread. Apart from Welken, Largo, Rose and Zaka, the rest of them are dam useless. In ww2, didnt squads protect each other like brothers/sisters, as that famous TV series was called Band of Brothers ?. Thats why I always knew that squad 1 was indeed superior as warriors like Feldio said earlier in the episodes. They only drag Welkin and his squad down.

I say keep Welkin, Alicia, Largo, Rose, Zaka and maybe that guy with the glasses who are the only ones who can really fight. The rest of the squad are just show ponies.

This by far is the worst episode I have seen for this reason. Alicia isnt a monster, shes more there guardian/champion now. It should be more of a blessing!, like "oh my god!! We have a Valkyria in our squad! Awesome sauce!"

I was also hoping to see Welkin use Zakas skillz when the episode began after there conversation. Zaka is special forces material, even if he only got into the squad by filling the vacent roll of engineer and tank driver. But Alicia came to them, so I guess that operation wasnt needed.

And for General Damon, he really is a gutless prick with an ego or self pride. But people like him are common. I hope he has an "accident" for the sake of Gallias reputation as a military.

oh! and Alicia drama+++++ <.<

Was hoping the series would end with Welkin in glorious battles with a bit of pew pew ! but guess not I suppose :/

Donated by Om Nerabdator

Last edited by Velsy; 2009-09-15 at 11:41.
Old 2009-09-20, 20:10   Link #169
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

at the end of this episode, i was waiting and waiting for the hug from behind that never came.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Closed Thread