AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-11-30, 19:11   Link #1381
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
...And people think the US was the only place with a blood bath in terms of shopping these past couple days.

Biggest difference in terms of PS4 releases: at least there was some order in the United States (at least in terms of the Gamestop where I picked up my PS4).

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2013-12-01 at 16:36.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 19:37   Link #1382
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
...And people think the US was the only place with a blood bath in terms of shopping these past couple days.

Biggest difference: at least there was some order in the United States (at least in terms of the Gamestop where I picked up my PS4).
Really, I stopped at gamestop after two days passed after release at the mall. There was at least 50 people waiting in line to buy a PS4.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 19:55   Link #1383
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Some of those comments are hilarious
Quote:

Originally Posted by FStop7

I haven't seen Germans rush toward something like that since Poland 1939
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNille

I see that Germans can still do a fucking blitzkireg.
Man I really want to get one but I still need a fricking HDMI monitor first for my dormhouse

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 21:58   Link #1384
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Really, I stopped at gamestop after two days passed after release at the mall. There was at least 50 people waiting in line to buy a PS4.
I think that only happend because, that is the day that anyone with a pre-order, have to pick up there console. Since Gamestop's preorder policy is to hold all reserves 48 hours after release. So if they didn't get their console picked up, they basically lose it and it becomes available to those without a reserver.

I can only guess that those 50 people didn't pick up their console earlier might have been either, that they didnt have enough money at the time, or to avoid a long line. Seems like that didn't work out that well, well at least it wasn't launch day.

I bought my PS4 about six days after it was released at my local Best Buy (8 day hold on pre-orders) thanks to me having my reserve. I did this just to avoid the chaos.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-30, 22:36   Link #1385
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorchingFlames View Post
I think that only happend because, that is the day that anyone with a pre-order, have to pick up there console. Since Gamestop's preorder policy is to hold all reserves 48 hours after release. So if they didn't get their console picked up, they basically lose it and it becomes available to those without a reserver.

I can only guess that those 50 people didn't pick up their console earlier might have been either, that they didnt have enough money at the time, or to avoid a long line. Seems like that didn't work out that well, well at least it wasn't launch day.

I bought my PS4 about six days after it was released at my local Best Buy (8 day hold on pre-orders) thanks to me having my reserve. I did this just to avoid the chaos.
That is true, however, they don't appear to be just preorder customers. I say at least 50 percent were non preordered customers base on the conversations they were having. As well many didn't even appear to be even holding preorder slips and such.

The area I live in is small and seldom do I find chaos like that. Even when Battlefield and Call of Duty release, it wasn't even a third of the chaos of the PS4. I have never seen chaos for a gaming system that has a line extending all the way to the food court.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 00:26   Link #1386
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Wink

Quote:
That is true, however, they don't appear to be just preorder customers. I say at least 50 percent were non preordered customers base on the conversations they were having. As well many didn't even appear to be even holding preorder slips and such.

The area I live in is small and seldom do I find chaos like that. Even when Battlefield and Call of Duty release, it wasn't even a third of the chaos of the PS4. I have never seen chaos for a gaming system that has a line extending all the way to the food court.
I guess some were trying to sliver tongue there way to get one, which unfortunate for them it doesn't go their way, these type of people do exist and I've seen some them at a friends gamestop that he works at.

Plus just because they may not be holding a preoder slip, doesn't mean they may not have one. It could in their wallet, or in safe place on their being. It also quite possible that they lost/misplaced it or just didn't bring it with them. Since usually with a preoder you just have to provide your name and phone number, and if you have an account with them it also makes it more easier to just go paperless sometimes.

Then for pick up just provide valid identification stating you who you are and your good. I had the issue of not being able to find my preoder slip, that I had to get the employee at customer service to extract my order from their system and since I an account with their rewards program it was easy. All I had to do was provided my number and valid identification and I was done. It toke only less than 5 minutes to do it.

As for the chaos it was unfortunately bound to happen with amount of hype that was building up. Part of it was Sony's fault and a lot of other people who just joined hype-bandwagon just because they felt like it or just got swayed into. This level of hype build up is what that I truly dislike about, cause sometimes its taken to the next level by some, it become a real mood killer for me.

I'll tell you this much, the smart ones/victors were the ones that didn't fall victim to the hype, which sometimes leads impulse buys. But to those who decided to wait this one through, they are real winners.

Oh one more thing, I see two other things in here (with the white Xbox ONE) can you make it out?
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/...85848295-1.jpg

Last edited by ScorchingFlames; 2013-12-01 at 00:49.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 07:35   Link #1387
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

I hear you could make a pretty nice profit reselling them on Ebay yesterday.
A friend of mine made 150€ selling his (preordered) PS4, but he said the price went up to 800€-1000€ in the course of the evening (he sold too early )...

So if you think of it as a pile of MONEY free for grabs instead of just consoles, it makes a lot more sense what they are doing.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 07:56   Link #1388
Westlo
Lets be reality

They are pretty much sold out in Australia until Jan, some places didn't even get initial shipments.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 08:11   Link #1389
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Did Sony report the sales of PS4 in EU?
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 08:17   Link #1390
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Did Sony report the sales of PS4 in EU?
Not yet, I remember one of the folks at Neogaf says the report usually comes on Monday for Europe.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-01, 13:37   Link #1391
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Does anyone know if PSN is still down ?
Old 2013-12-01, 14:07   Link #1392
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Does anyone know if PSN is still down ?
Quote:
UPDATE 2 (9.22pm GMT, 30th November): Users will be aware that core network stability has returned throughout today and we are beginning the next phase of PSN service roll-out e.g. users will soon be able to progressively see the content info area for game titles. Voucher redemption continues to be controlled in order to cope with volume. We will have an update tomorrow. Thank you for your patience as we manage PSN to restore full service.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/...-announcement/
Old 2013-12-01, 16:45   Link #1393
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
What I meant is that when I picked up my PS4, it was handled in an orderly manner:

1. Arrive by 6:00PM to finish up paying for the system (or for those who haven't reserve it, buy one of the leftover systems) and get a number for when they line up later in the night;

2. Kill a few hours doing other activities (in my case, I celebrated my 33rd birthday);

3. Return to the store around 11:30PM to line-up for the system pick-up.

4. At 12:01AM, ten customers were allowed at the store at a time to pick up the system without a hassle.

Definitely more organized (and much less of a bloodbath) than those EU images that were in the neogaf thread.
Old 2013-12-01, 22:25   Link #1394
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Not yet, I remember one of the folks at Neogaf says the report usually comes on Monday for Europe.
Oh. It will probably reach 1 million since there's more than 2 countries launching this time.
Old 2013-12-02, 07:50   Link #1395
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

So the PS4 did 250k in 48h in UK
Old 2013-12-02, 08:04   Link #1396
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I wonder why it's 48 hours this time though But in addition to that it's also the fastest selling console in the UK now.

As for the rest of EU...
Old 2013-12-02, 08:42   Link #1397
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Yeah. I wonder what's the sales for the rest of EU.

PS4 - 250K
PSP - 185K
PS3 - 165K
Xbox One - 150K
3DS - 113K
Wii - 105K
NDS - 87K
Xbox 360 - 70K
PSV - ~40K
Wii U - 40K
Old 2013-12-02, 08:47   Link #1398
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

You know the strange thing is before this launch, I could have sworn people were saying how US and UK were Xbox territory... Going by that chart I have no idea why they used to think that.
Old 2013-12-02, 08:55   Link #1399
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

That chart only covers the launch units, not the lifetime sales of the products, tho. Maybe later on, the Microsoft consoles did reign, there...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-02, 09:26   Link #1400
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

The stock levels for stores in the UK of the PS4 is much higher than the xbox one which is probably why its sold more units. I work in the game retail business and throughout our entire company we where not even given enough xbox ones to meet our pre-orders (1200 units between 700 stores), where as with the ps4 we where supplied more stock so we where able to sell units outside of pre-order stock threshold.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote