AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-07-10, 05:14   Link #61
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Pretty standard show upon critical viewing, but the characters were so likable, it felt like a familiar show already (sort of a bad thing I guess, since there's so many archetypes in this show from what I see so far).

Also, Mihoshi kept reminding me of Hinamori Amu, it was a bit distracting.

But Kanae Itou looks to become a bigger and bigger star as a seiyuu in the future.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 05:39   Link #62
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

You're not the only one thinking of Amu when you're watching it. When I was watching the trailer I kept thinking 'Cool and Spicy~'. I really like Kanae Itou's voice, it's cute, yet not high pitch, it sounds like a normal teenage girl's voice yet doesn't feel 'untrained'. Idols doing seiyuu work have this rough like voice, like from Kirarin Revolution, Jewel Pets and Maka from Soul Eater. If only she can sing...I really like seiyuus who can sing.

There is something telling me that I have seen this before, except that I haven't...
Old 2009-07-10, 06:20   Link #63
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Anyway, looks like there's quite some references thrown in as well.

Spoiler for references what?:

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 06:47   Link #64
TCman

Last Night, I watched the first episode; I must say it's funny, the pacing is really nice and the atmosphere in this anime is just right. Very enjoyable!

The falling down from the tree scene reminds me of the anime Kanon; well, Mihoshi is luckily saved from the fall.

As for Ito Kanae, I think she deserves the good roles now and in the future, since her voicework is really nice and her sing voice is quite good too. She really deserves all the attention!
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 09:11   Link #65
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Heh. The setting is generic but episode plays out hilariously. Mihoshi comes from the generic ditzy stereotype but has a lot of personality even from this first episode. Saku's likewise the relcutant male lead class but actually has a pair of testicles. Heck when Mihoshi fell from the tree I was getting vibes of Kanon 2007's Ayu again.

The only things I'm not liking right now is his sudden change of heart to join the astronomy club. Also the pacing, which is exactly Mihoshi, e.g. needs to lay off the Speed.

But perhaps the biggest selling point for me is that I'm seeing a definite RomCom chemistry between the two. Last time I saw this was in Toradora, and quite frankly most RomCom leads feel flat. But slightly unlike Toradora their relationship eerily reminds me of KareKano, which for me is still the gold standard of comparison for all RomCom leads. This is obviously a good thing, and I eagerly see where this all goes.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-07-10 at 09:27.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 16:47   Link #66
velvet
"with you, happiness"

1st episode pacing is perfect. 1st episode pacing. 1st episode.

When did the last time this happened to me... I can't remember.

Seriously, pacing is perfect for me. Glued my eyes to the monitor.

velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 19:01   Link #67
Ashlotte
Clockwork

So-so episode...Girl was borderline obnoxious, but the Male lead was decent so I'd say it balanced out in the end.

I love the scene stealing President though...Random coughing of blood is always so much more amusing then silly old nosebleeds (I blame that warped thinking on Excel Saga...).

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 22:12   Link #68
Falkor

** watching the first scene... ~uguu **

really enjoyed the first episode, got plenty of laughs out of it. so far I'm liking stalker-san Mii-chan the most---she is just too adorable.

oh and the random coughing of blood was very amusing for some reason. the guy is obviously dying of some unknown disease, but nobody seems to care. :P
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 23:14   Link #69
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

The OP and ED this season compilation hooked me to watch this series. It's not bad, but well...it's still pretty normal than the rest ^^;

It kinda reminds me of Hoshi wa Utau since I just recently read it. Of course, the protagonist is less more angst than Hoshi wa Utau.

This is quite entertaining . . I guess.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 05:56   Link #70
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Pretty standard show upon critical viewing, but the characters were so likable, it felt like a familiar show already (sort of a bad thing I guess, since there's so many archetypes in this show from what I see so far).

Also, Mihoshi kept reminding me of Hinamori Amu, it was a bit distracting.

But Kanae Itou looks to become a bigger and bigger star as a seiyuu in the future.
Oh no. I hadn't really thought about Amu before but now after reading this I probably won't stop thinking about it while watching . Though I suppose the voice was so familiar I was going to get there anyways.
Old 2009-07-11, 07:17   Link #71
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Scratch my previous comment. They actually remind me more of Risa and Ohtani of Lovely Complex than KareKano. That's still a good thing though, those two are the second order upon which I compare my RomCom pairs.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 13:19   Link #72
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... *pulls a Takasu Ryuuji smirking face at Toradora's 1st episode*

I feel glad for blogging pre-season and post first episode impressions about this anime.

Rivalry spotted right head on. *glinty eyes*

2 girls and a... uh, jokingly, a homo. (Or will it be 3? or 4? Possibilities abound. Anyway, the more the merrier. )

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2009-07-11 at 13:47.
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 16:26   Link #73
Theowne
耳をすませば

Alright, I was looking forward to this a lot, probably because I forced my own expectations onto it based on the very peaceful looking poster/premise. Now that I saw it, I thought it was fun, but somewhat forgettable. Which is okay. I thought the "childhood injury" thing was going to be a more serious plotline, though. The voice actors were good.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 17:51   Link #74
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Fun but forgettable is a pretty good representation of my reaction as well, although I did love the line about the "Ghibli hair".
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-13, 23:10   Link #75
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Episode 02 - Monday Is Learning Day With Haruka Tomatsu:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 00:01   Link #76
Echoes

Really cute first episode. I thought Mihoshi (that was her name, wasn't it?) was very likable. She also looks a lot like Shion, from Shion no Ou.

Looking forward to the next episode, this looks to be a very down to earth and enjoyable show.
Old 2009-07-14, 01:37   Link #77
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I've got two reactions when I saw AonE's translation...

1) SSSSQQQQUUUUEEEEEE!!!!!!! Man, Mii-chan and Saku-chan are a blast to watch, especially the part when she literally chased him all over the school. Then clearing up the misunderstanding scene... Not very many shows that has you the tsundere male and the genki female combo, so it's very refreshing even by osana-najimi standards. ^_^

And...

2) Headdesk! Of all the shows I missed the first subs of, it would be the one that I've been most looking forward to. >_<

(It's quite interesting I've missed TKK's subs, since the only reason how I spotted AonE was because of name recognition )
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 10:51   Link #78
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 12:41   Link #79
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Maybe didn't enjoy ep2 quite as much as ep1, but close. This show is giving me some good laughs and a good feeling. It may seem to be cliches on the surface, but I get a feeling of some emotional depth, and of relationships that are comparatively reasonable.

Mihoshi is a good person, despite her excessive genkiness and flying tackles of those she likes. In fact, every character is a good person. And the running joke with the blood-vomiting club pres is hilarious. Great timing in the direction throughout. And a nice job by Tomatsu Haruka in ep2.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-14, 18:39   Link #80
ThoHell

Mi-chan just doesn't run out of energy! Just crazy, however, that expression gives me the belief some family drama will occur in the future.

Hime is awesome, I like her. A whole bundle of goodness. SakuXHime would be nice, but I just don't really seeing this going the romantic route, rather it's just going towards the fun funny high school route.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, school life, seinen