Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-07-03, 09:30   Link #1
zamme
Wandering Prophet

Send a message via MSN to zamme
Food Pills

If the so called Food Pills greatly increases your amount of chakra, as they say in the series... Why doesnt everyone use it before battleing?
There doesnt seem to be any drawbacks when using them.
Any theories?
zamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 10:00   Link #2
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

It appears that the training and complete knowledge of food or soldier pills follow certain clans (families) and they DO have side affects. It is because of the side affect that not everyone one uses them....as one has to train to handle the affects.

The side affects range from being completely unable to function after taking pill(s) (used up all energy) to
Spoiler:
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 10:00   Link #3
Shay
Monarch Programmer

There called soldier pills.
But I think they do have side effects like any other muscle enhancing drug does.
And also I think it depends on the user.
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 11:18   Link #4
xavier8200

Cant gain something from nothing (EQUIVALENT TRADE!) so there must be an extra strain on the body that is not needed nor welcomed when you are in the heat of battle. A good example would be that if Sarutobi is the Professor and knew and understood every jutsu in the village, why wouldnt he have taken a soldier pill when he was fighting Oro and the other Kages? Well, for a couple of reasons one of them being that he probably knew that his body wouldnt be able to take the strain that the pill would put on his body.
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 02:57   Link #5
Gen-X
TangaLangaDingDong

just speculation.... didn't see kabuto or kiba have any weird affects

could be because they got the snot knocked out of em?
Gen-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 04:18   Link #6
Narutto Kyuubi

Cool

Kiba is also very young and f you recal the jounin that trained him said "the soldier pill is perfect for him" during the exam. The pill basicaly is lots of nutrients and proteins with some hormones and what not. It makes it so you don't need food or sleep for a while and temporarily boosts your chakra amount. It does have side effects though, if your on a long mission you won't be able to rest well and naturaly recover your chakra. The boost also doesn't last that long. Also it doesn't heal wounds or anything like that or cure fatigue. (these are definately not, don't flame me for the comparison, "sensu beens") They are descriped as what we would call steriod pills or energy pills. It's like a sugar pill for ninjas. it makes you fel like you got more energey for a short while but when you come off it you crash and feel really really tired and it takes you longer to recover to normal. Also it isn't something that you can take after you use all your chakra and go back to full instantly after you take it.
Narutto Kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 07:16   Link #7
psycoking
kyōki-ō

Apart from the above, the extra strength probably also causes problems with your body in a way similar to opening your gates would. Well gate opening is probably levels about the soldier pills but the same idea holds, if you take too many the extra strength boost might be too much for your body to handle.

Spoiler for for those curious I won't say who or when but its related to the soldier pills. . .:
psycoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 07:19   Link #8
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

If you wanne talk about Food Pills maybe use [Manga spoilers] in the topic ? I can't tell you anything before you do that.
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 07:42   Link #9
Will
Toebeard the Pirate

Send a message via AIM to Will Send a message via MSN to Will
Lightbulb

well, if we're talking about the ordinary common or garden soldier pill here, I suppose it's like amphetamines where all the running around builds up loads of lactic acid in your muscles giving you crippling cramps and a sudden comedown.

Alternatively, it could just be a rather unimportant plot hole, which, to be fair, is to be expected in a series with as much detailed backstory and technical information as Naruto. This is the explanation i would tend towards.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 03:39   Link #10
Gen-X
TangaLangaDingDong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutto Kyuubi
Kiba is also very young and f you recal the jounin that trained him said "the soldier pill is perfect for him" during the exam. The pill basicaly is lots of nutrients and proteins with some hormones and what not. It makes it so you don't need food or sleep for a while and temporarily boosts your chakra amount. It does have side effects though, if your on a long mission you won't be able to rest well and naturaly recover your chakra. The boost also doesn't last that long. Also it doesn't heal wounds or anything like that or cure fatigue. (these are definately not, don't flame me for the comparison, "sensu beens") They are descriped as what we would call steriod pills or energy pills. It's like a sugar pill for ninjas. it makes you fel like you got more energey for a short while but when you come off it you crash and feel really really tired and it takes you longer to recover to normal. Also it isn't something that you can take after you use all your chakra and go back to full instantly after you take it.
Have the side affects actually been shown in the anime/manga?

cept for
Spoiler for :
Gen-X is offline   Reply With Quote