AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-05-23, 18:55   Link #81
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kero
hey i asked before but i don't think i ever got an answer

there is an anime that is old, like over 15 years ago, it's a yellow little furry monster with a bue hat, who loves sand and hates water and can grant wishes to these four kids but they only last til dusk, they have nerdy friend who only like sbook s and a dog.
The Psammead? (Original name "Onegai, Samiadoni" but also known as "Samiadon, I Wish" and "Psammead the Sand Imp"). Created in 1985. The Anime Encyclopedia (Clements & McCarthy) says the Psammead "looks like pikachu but with a pointy hat and is allergic to water" and the kids names are Jill, Robert, and Jean. Does that sound right?

I've wanted to see this show really badly! Was it any good?

For the other two: Uh, no clue. I like your stream of consciousness descriptions though.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-27, 21:53   Link #82
kero

Thumbs up

yup yup that's the one!! And now that I know the name I know that it's definately based on E Nesbitt's Five Children and It which was turned into a childrens series a few years back!!

The colours in the anime were bold and bright, I am not sure about what the Japanese voices were like as I watched it in Cantonese, but I thought it was quite good as each episode had an interesting scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwenn
The Psammead? (Original name "Onegai, Samiadoni" but also known as "Samiadon, I Wish" and "Psammead the Sand Imp"). Created in 1985. The Anime Encyclopedia (Clements & McCarthy) says the Psammead "looks like pikachu but with a pointy hat and is allergic to water" and the kids names are Jill, Robert, and Jean. Does that sound right?

I've wanted to see this show really badly! Was it any good?

For the other two: Uh, no clue. I like your stream of consciousness descriptions though.
kero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 09:07   Link #83
Kaze_No_Kizu

something i need to know

can someone plz tell me what is the name of this charcter and from wich anime is it?

10x ^__^
Kaze_No_Kizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 09:09   Link #84
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaze_No_Kizu
can someone plz tell me what is the name of this charcter and from wich anime is it?

10x ^__^
She's S(h)ion from Melty Blood.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 10:52   Link #85
monolithic

Help identify this anime!

Ok, there's this girl with a nubmber 9 on her head, and the story is about plants and insects and some general idea of eating a part of you. Anyone has any ideas?
monolithic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 13:56   Link #86
Autumn

Earth Girl Arjuna, licensed by Bandai.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 11:07   Link #87
Naruto
Kage Bunshin no Jutsu

Send a message via ICQ to Naruto
anyone remember this anime. shown more than 6 years ago...
mecha based i think.
in high school i remember this class of kids found badges like things which they could slot into their desks in which changed their classroom into a control room.
and 3 kids would take charge of 3 mechs. which would pop out from the school field, swimming pool......
i still remember one episode in which the kids had to go around the city to release smoke bomb to confused their enemies so they could launch their mechs.
Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 16:29   Link #88
BOZZY

Just wondering what anime this is:

I saw it in an anime magazine when I was buying some manga and noticed it... Looks interesting... Just want to know the title
BOZZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 03:21   Link #89
FromageTheDog
Sazabi

December when there is No Angel

Just wondering:

I've been intrigued by the title, though at this point I don't remember where I saw it. Forum and Google search only turn up links to models (i.e. resin/PVC figures).

Is this an OVA? Movie? Series? Or something else entirely (game? manga?)?

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

- Fromage

Last edited by xris; 2004-06-02 at 03:58. Reason: While you know the name of the anime, I'm still merging it with this thread
FromageTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 14:32   Link #90
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromageTheDog
Just wondering:

I've been intrigued by the title, though at this point I don't remember where I saw it. Forum and Google search only turn up links to models (i.e. resin/PVC figures).

Is this an OVA? Movie? Series? Or something else entirely (game? manga?)?

Any info appreciated. Thanks!

- Fromage
"December when there is No Angel" is the English title for "Tenshi no Inai 12gatsu" ( 天使のいない12月 ).

"Tenshi no Inai 12gatsu" is an ero-game that was released by Leaf in 2003:

http://leaf.aquaplus.co.jp/product/ten.htm
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 19:11   Link #91
FromageTheDog
Sazabi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
"December when there is No Angel" is the English title for "Tenshi no Inai 12gatsu" ( 天使のいない12月 ).

"Tenshi no Inai 12gatsu" is an ero-game that was released by Leaf in 2003:

http://leaf.aquaplus.co.jp/product/ten.htm
Mata sonna mono ka? Zannen.

It was such a cool title, I was hoping it was related to some upcoming anime. Maybe it will see the conversion a-la Kiminozo/Tsukihime...

In any case, thanks for the info!

- Fromage
FromageTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 12:21   Link #92
Izzy
Corrupted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOZZY
Just wondering what anime this is:

http://www.cs.yorku.ca/~cs221009/megami06.jpg

I saw it in an anime magazine when I was buying some manga and noticed it... Looks interesting... Just want to know the title
Looks like Gravion...verify?

ok...my Q, this is not anime but manga....

appreciated
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 19:39   Link #93
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
Looks like Gravion...verify?
The answer is already there: It says グラヴィオン (Gravion) on the page.
Old 2004-06-03, 22:46   Link #94
Omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
ok...my Q, this is not anime but manga....

appreciated
I believe that's Yuna from "Pretty Face". It's about a guy who gets into a car crash and has his face turned into the face of the girl he has a crush on by a perverted plastic surgeon. Hilarity ensues. It's a pretty good manga.

Edit a minute later: Oh yes, that is Yuna. That's from Chapter 39 of the manga (in case you cared).
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 23:14   Link #95
ensyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto
anyone remember this anime. shown more than 6 years ago...
mecha based i think.
in high school i remember this class of kids found badges like things which they could slot into their desks in which changed their classroom into a control room.
and 3 kids would take charge of 3 mechs. which would pop out from the school field, swimming pool......
i still remember one episode in which the kids had to go around the city to release smoke bomb to confused their enemies so they could launch their mechs.
''Zettai Muteki Raijinoh''?
ensyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-04, 13:30   Link #96
Izzy
Corrupted

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
The answer is already there: It says グラヴィオン (Gravion) on the page.
uummm.....sad to say but........majority of us in these forum don't know jack on how to read the japanese writing system m(-_-)m
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-06, 00:51   Link #97
Naruto
Kage Bunshin no Jutsu

Send a message via ICQ to Naruto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensyak
''Zettai Muteki Raijinoh''?

hey i think that might be it.... heh thAnx!
but sadly i cant find much info on it anyone knows of any links wit info on it??
like pics andd stuff...
Naruto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 00:49   Link #98
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
ok there is this anime i watched during the 80s it was about a boy wandering with his father, who is a retired boxer, they were very poor and they lived of exhibition matches were the father occasionaly fights in a local show (?circus) against normal people and when they are able to touch him they win a price, the boys mother died while giving birth to him, she was the daughter of a rich family who married a boxer against her familys permission.

the grandparents, who love the child, come later to take the kid but he refuses and wants to live with his father, later on the father decides to go back to boxing to earn a decent living and wins a couple of matches, until he is faced with a very young rising contender, who had a tiger drawn on his robe and was very cocky and made fun of the father and the kid the whole time, and they have a good fight which ends in the father losing but gained the recognition of his opponent and he was taken to the hospital. he later in the day escapes with his kid to go to the entertainment park and they have a lot of fun then at the end of the day his father dies (very sad moment).

the kid moves in with his grandparents who love him but don't want him ending up as a boxer like his father, but he keeps training anyways to beat the man who defeated his father.

any help is pretty appreciated
Old 2004-06-09, 01:01   Link #99
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123
ok there is this anime i watched during the 80s it was about a boy wandering with his father, who is a retired boxer, they were very poor and they lived of exhibition matches were the father occasionaly fights in a local show (?circus) against normal people and when they are able to touch him they win a price, the boys mother died while giving birth to him, she was the daughter of a rich family who married a boxer against her familys permission.

the grandparents, who love the child, come later to take the kid but he refuses and wants to live with his father, later on the father decides to go back to boxing to earn a decent living and wins a couple of matches, until he is faced with a very young rising contender, who had a tiger drawn on his robe and was very cocky and made fun of the father and the kid the whole time, and they have a good fight which ends in the father losing but gained the recognition of his opponent and he was taken to the hospital. he later in the day escapes with his kid to go to the entertainment park and they have a lot of fun then at the end of the day his father dies (very sad moment).

the kid moves in with his grandparents who love him but don't want him ending up as a boxer like his father, but he keeps training anyways to beat the man who defeated his father.

any help is pretty appreciated
Ah, the character's name was Horiguchi Genki wasn't it not? Didn't the ED have him and his father jogging?

The title is "Ganbare Genki," which aired from 1980-1981 on TBS. It was recently released as a 35 episode DVD-BOX from Toei this year.

http://www.toei-video.co.jp/DVD/sp21/genki.html
Old 2004-06-09, 01:11   Link #100
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
yup thats it thanx for the fast reply you really are an encyclopedia of anime kj1980

i don't know about the characters name i saw it dubbed 13 years ago but the last time i checked it was out of market and no t.v station airs it in my region.

do you mind giving me a spoiler about how it ended if it's not too much trouble?

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel