AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-04-22, 23:04   Link #261
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Aargh! I watched the first few minutes of the raw so I could see the fight. Now my heart is racing and I can't sit still.
Regardless, you should sit down by all means so you may enjoy the rest of the episode without passing out. Unfortunately sitting down is really difficult while watching this episode. Speechless. Gorgeous! The critics should be satisfied after this episode which should more than make up for whatever was lacking in episode 2.

Screens for episode 3:

Shinjit: Don't spoil it for those of us who are unfortunate enough not to read the book. For now, I've put a spoiler tags around it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 23:42   Link #262
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

But it's great that we have Shinjit here who can give us info on the background stuff that won't ever be explained in the anime , such as the naming of those hunters. Also, that commentary done earlier was great too imo.
Old 2007-04-22, 23:57   Link #263
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But it's great that we have Shinjit here who can give us info on the background stuff that won't ever be explained in the anime , such as the naming of those hunters. Also, that commentary done earlier was great too imo.
I should have made myself a bit more clear. My apology. I was pointing to this post where it seems to give away future plot points. I'm also grateful to Shinjit for all those wonderful comparison with the book and any other relevant information. Episode by episode comparison to the books as the anime progresses will indeed make things a lot clearer for those of us who aren't reading the book, but if it's not done carefully, some of those information may intermix future events. Hopefully, Shinjit won't be discouraged by this nitpicking, and will continue to provide us with the outlook of someone who has read the books.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 01:23   Link #264
shinjit

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Shinjit: Don't spoil it for those of us who are unfortunate enough not to read the book. For now, I've put a spoiler tags around it.
I'm sorry, I'll be more careful . I've re-edited my posts.

Oh, I must say I've found the chart of the relashionship between book pages and TV episodes I cited from another site is wrong. Perhaps they changed the storyboard after their meeting was recorded for the special preview program.

Spoiler for singing children in ep.1:

Last edited by shinjit; 2007-04-23 at 19:19.
shinjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 03:03   Link #265
DieH@rd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Aargh! I watched the first few minutes of the raw so I could see the fight. Now my heart is racing and I can't sit still.
I did the same. But i will wait for fansub-ers to finish.
I saw torrent today RAW for ep3, but in 1280x720! It airs on TV Japan!
DieH@rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 03:15   Link #266
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
And that wolf straight out of the Twelve Kingdoms. How cool was that?!? And Chagum's journey, and Barsa's halucinations about Jigoro and her mind splicing past and present together.
Barsa's hallucination is probably one of the best scene i seen so far, i didn't realized it was her past till she saw her younger self coming out of the wood. It's a very creative and well directed flashback scene.

Mabuki Andou really shines in this episode especially with that blood chilling roar of hers.
Old 2007-04-23, 04:55   Link #267
issei

ep3 was absolutely perfect. the fight scenes, especially during barsa's flashback, evoked the best of the wuxia genre, and character development came in steady strides for most of the introduced cast.
Old 2007-04-23, 18:05   Link #268
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I wanted to ask a question about your opinion before shinjit spoils us all silly.

While watching episode 3, did anyone else have the feeling that the giant wolf that followed Chagum was Tanda in disguise? After all, he is described as a "wizard" and he was, according to his own words, coming from the city, following the same trail as Chagum and the beast.

I certainly thought that they've structured the scene with definite heavy hints in that direction.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 19:58   Link #269
issei

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
I wanted to ask a question about your opinion before shinjit spoils us all silly.

While watching episode 3, did anyone else have the feeling that the giant wolf that followed Chagum was Tanda in disguise? After all, he is described as a "wizard" and he was, according to his own words, coming from the city, following the same trail as Chagum and the beast.

I certainly thought that they've structured the scene with definite heavy hints in that direction.
it's very possible, now that you mention it, especially if he's more of a shamanistic healer than a simple doctor. i didn't necessarily get that feeling when i was watching the episode, though.
Old 2007-04-23, 21:04   Link #270
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

>>MrProphet: When I first saw the wolf on the mountain, I thought it might be some kind of guide. When it was roaring and running, however, it seemed dangerous. (I actually felt the roar didn't sound sufficiently wolf-like, more like a lion.) But the idea you raise seems possible, since it vanished after Tanda appeared.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 22:24   Link #271
Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinjit View Post
Kamiyama said in the preview program that he will go deeper into their relationship in TV-original episodes.
Spoiler for books 3 & 4 info:
Ah, thank you! I'm so glad to hear that. I'm become so fond of Chagum already.

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Codex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 22:26   Link #272
Oberon

Quote:
While watching episode 3, did anyone else have the feeling that the giant wolf that followed Chagum was Tanda in disguise?
While this thought hadn't crossed my mind when I watched it, it could be a possibility, now that you mention it. Going by the opening's blue glowing gizmo, supernatural things do seem to exist in this world. Though, all I thought during the scene was "Ah, now that there's two humans together, the wolf probably backed away". My second thought was "Tanda must be tougher than he looks if he lives in the wilderness with wolves around."
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 00:11   Link #273
godraziert

Just watched Episode 3, and really loved the fight scenes and music, especially during Balsa's flashback, where both the action and soundtrack seemed to blend together very well!
Old 2007-04-24, 00:56   Link #274
ThoHell

I can't help but being awed by this anime with every episode I watch. It's just a master piece; great animation, music, acton, and development. Been waiting for an anime like this for a long time!
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 01:33   Link #275
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
I can't help but being awed by this anime with every episode I watch. It's just a master piece; great animation, music, acton, and development. Been waiting for an anime like this for a long time!
I am the same.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 03:29   Link #276
prince leon
red knight

Quote:

I had wondered about that myself. The wolf suddenly disappeared as Tanda had suddenly appeared to help Chagum out of the water. It's definitely a possibility when you observe those specific scenes closely.
Old 2007-04-24, 04:26   Link #277
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Hmmm it's possible, but i didn't really catch that vibe since it's normal for wolves to avoid full grown adult so i just thought it backed off when Tanda is around. Tanda felt more like an Ainu shaman than a wizard.
Old 2007-04-24, 05:34   Link #278
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
>>MrProphet: When I first saw the wolf on the mountain, I thought it might be some kind of guide. When it was roaring and running, however, it seemed dangerous. (I actually felt the roar didn't sound sufficiently wolf-like, more like a lion.) But the idea you raise seems possible, since it vanished after Tanda appeared.
Same here. Now it's been mentioned though it does seem like a distinct possibility.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 06:39   Link #279
CessBlue

He can't be the wolf. Why did he trail the boy when he could just turn back to a human being when he first spotted him? And then what would happen to his backpack in wolf form? And there is a path you can see that leads to his house which looks to be the main route to his house. The boy and the main character probably took the back road (that's probably why he didn't spot the hut at first). And I don't see how it is a possibility that Tanda uses that path to traverse back to the village everytime. That wolf is probably one of the other worldly beings I see in the description from AniDB.
CessBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 09:38   Link #280
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Was the wolf really following the boy though? Or was he chasing after the scent of the leaves he was looking for?

This is how fight scenes should be done! This whole show has drawn me in, with intelligent and eloquent charactors, breathtaking backgrounds, and wonderfully done action animation.
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, fantasy, historical, production i.g.