AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 17 12.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 20.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 48 34.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 19.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 5.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.45%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 4.35%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-27, 15:05   Link #61
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtue View Post
But again, why is Graham going specifically for the Exia, the other Gundams seem to have it easy.
He is obsessed with Exia.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 15:29   Link #62
Varisha
zero no dai fan

I for one enjoyed the the political stuff in this episode. It's encouraging that this show is seriously considering the ramifications of CB's interventions on different nations, especially compared to the utterly shallow way SEED addressed politics and the Clyne group's actions. It's not really that thought-provoking yet but it's showing some nice potential. I hope that in the future they manage to integrate character development and the plot, since all the pilots could still use some fleshing out.

Oh, and Graham in his new Flag is pretty cool
Old 2007-10-27, 16:22   Link #63
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
On the Gundam 00 episode 04:

I thought this was an excellent episode. We learn a bit more about how Celestial Being operates, along with a bit little character revelations about Setsuna and Marina, and how they think.

The actions of Celestial Beings impressed me in this episode, in that I thought they would decimate both sides: the Union and the Talibian rebels. Instead, they took out the rebels who were clearly in the wrong.

The Union, whether intentionally to try to coerce Celestial Being to act in destroying the rebels, or in trying to avoid civilian causalities: did not open fire on the rebels or the Gundams.

I support freedom and independence movements for I believe that all nations deserve an independent state like Israel, Palestine, Kurdistan and Taiwan. I will not accept, however; using terrorist actions to achieve such ends:

The Talibian Rebels were hiding in the city and hoping for the Union to turn the city into a battleground, so that they (the Talibian Rebles) may garner local and international support for their secession movement.

I do not approve of using civilians and civilian buildings in cities, towns or villages as shields. The Rebels could have used hit and run tactics and used the jungle or the empty countryside as their bases of operations. Instead, they were willing to use civilians as their shield. For that, I'm glad that Celestial Being doesn't approve of using civilians as shields either.

The end (using civilians in cities as your shield) does not justify the means (secession).

Perfect Episode – a solid 10 out of 10.
Well Tarbia didn't give CB much of a choice. And technically speaking they stated they would target nations that instigate war which the Tarbians were in fact doing.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 17:24   Link #64
lubczyk

Quote:
I have a feeling those two lackys of Graham will die. They're way too ugly to live for long....

But again, why is Graham going specifically for the Exia, the other Gundams seem to have it easy.

I wonder if Setsuna will indirectly steal Louise from Saji?
I'm thinking something might develop between Graham and Louisie. Graham being the little pedo that he's based off: Char.

Or maybe Graham can have a web of lovers from the Crew of Ptolemaios.

I'm sorry but it's kind of sad that the most interesting characters so far are side characters like Graham, Sergei and Wang Liu Mei.
lubczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 17:45   Link #65
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
On retrospect on Gundam 00 04:

I find it hard to believe that Celestial Being think they will achieve results through the barrel of a gun.
Guns speaks louder than words , a lot of political play in our current society are often backed with a lot of guns....

of course, peaceful settlement are preferred by many, but it's not always effective. CB being a rogue paramilitary organization are freed from the need to be diplomatic and impose their idealogy whenever they deemed necessary.

As for the episode, when Graham is piloting Custom Flag felt a lot like when Zech was piloting the Tallgeese.

I wonder if the writer realize how much the scenarios in Gundam 00 reflect upon the real world politic.
Old 2007-10-27, 18:01   Link #66
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I am surprised at how political this episode is. I mean, I thought this is supposed to be aimed at a younger audience.... but from what I can see 00 is definately a lot more serious/mature than Seed.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 19:21   Link #67
masama
use the fōrks ~

there are so much political elements in this gundam it's putting me off.

taliban taribia? anti-american? give me a break already, i just want to watch and enjoy anime not some political cartoon.
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 19:29   Link #68
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Episode 4 looks like we'll be getting back into action with the HRA's space forces and whatever their doing out there.
Old 2007-10-27, 19:31   Link #69
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
I'm thinking something might develop between Graham and Louisie. Graham being the little pedo that he's based off: Char.

Or maybe Graham can have a web of lovers from the Crew of Ptolemaios.

I'm sorry but it's kind of sad that the most interesting characters so far are side characters like Graham, Sergei and Wang Liu Mei.
Graham is no pedo. He just likes the high-techy stuff =P

What WOULD be interesting, though, is Graham and Sumeragi! They're about the same age, aren't they?
Old 2007-10-27, 19:35   Link #70
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by masama View Post
there are so much political elements in this gundam it's putting me off.

taliban taribia? anti-american? give me a break already, i just want to watch and enjoy anime not some political cartoon.
Guess you can't please everyone... Sunrise would anger people no matter what they put in their shows.
And plenty of enjoyable anime are also political. It can't be helped if it's not to your taste.
Old 2007-10-27, 19:41   Link #71
masama
use the fōrks ~

it's not about having certain political reference is bad, but it's the quantity of it. They seriously have overdone it this time.
Old 2007-10-27, 19:45   Link #72
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
it's not about having certain political reference is bad, but it's the quantity of it. They seriously have overdone it this time.
It's all a matter of personal taste. It is merely different from the recent Gundam series, so it attracts a slightly different demographic than normal.
Old 2007-10-27, 19:59   Link #73
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Graham is no pedo. He just likes the high-techy stuff =P

What WOULD be interesting, though, is Graham and Sumeragi! They're about the same age, aren't they?
Aside from that. Isn't Lousie in University or something similar? That would make her ~17-18 years old.
Old 2007-10-27, 20:16   Link #74
masama
use the fōrks ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It's all a matter of personal taste. It is merely different from the recent Gundam series, so it attracts a slightly different demographic than normal.
by recent gundam series, i take it you mean seed and destiny. i dont think it's much different from before, its all about stopping the war and more importantly grunts are still dropping like flies.
Old 2007-10-27, 20:29   Link #75
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
by recent gundam series, i take it you mean seed and destiny. i dont think it's much different from before, its all about stopping the war and more importantly grunts are still dropping like flies.
Grunts that can't die aren't grunts. This is universal across entertainment, otherwise James Bond would have long died.

And you are ignoring one MAJOR difference. 00 is about the hypothetical eradication of war, NOT stopping a particular war like past series. That's why the major 00 powers are currently at peace.

And of course, there is the fact that CB is currently a shady organization that still couldn't be trusted.
Old 2007-10-27, 21:10   Link #76
Key Board
Carbon

Soma is most likely closer to an artificial newtype than a coordinator or extended

Remember that Russia is part of the HRL

and one thing that Russia is known for is its extensive research in ESP
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 21:11   Link #77
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
I have a feeling those two lackys of Graham will die. They're way too ugly to live for long....

I wonder if Setsuna will indirectly steal Louise from Saji?
Since people seem to think this is a clone of Gundam Wing, I'm suprised nobody has tried to compare them to Alex and Mueller.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 21:37   Link #78
ashlay
the red string of fate

suffers from many of the same problems the others have: they're still wasting far too much screen time flashing to the numerous leaders thoughts on the situation. we should have had the south american guys, the United states president and his aid, and maybe the two girls in the middle east. No other political players where needed. Honestly, the time could have been better spent with character work on Sergei and the latest four clone, or the fight between Graham's new custom Flag and Exia, or even Saji and Setsuna's interaction. -_-

still, I was amused by Setsuna having a mental episode with the artillery shell, and maybe things will be a bit more focused next week...seems like we're finally getting to a bit of character work with Allelujah.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-27, 21:45   Link #79
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Aside from that. Isn't Lousie in University or something similar? That would make her ~17-18 years old.
Try 18 and up. I came into university at 19.
Old 2007-10-27, 21:49   Link #80
withered_joy
虫酸が走るわ!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
suffers from many of the same problems the others have: they're still wasting far too much screen time flashing to the numerous leaders thoughts on the situation. we should have had the south american guys, the United states president and his aid, and maybe the two girls in the middle east. No other political players where needed. Honestly, the time could have been better spent with character work on Sergei and the latest four clone, or the fight between Graham's new custom Flag and Exia, or even Saji and Setsuna's interaction. -_-

still, I was amused by Setsuna having a mental episode with the artillery shell, and maybe things will be a bit more focused next week...seems like we're finally getting to a bit of character work with Allelujah.
Eh...well... I thought it was slightly better than episode three. It doesn't hurt to give us a bit more political background, I mean, rushing it would only ruin the atmosphere of the show later on. Maybe it's just my preference, but I think that (hypothetical) world politics is interesting, even if it's unrealistic or whatever.

Btw, I think they will focus on character development more on episode five too, since it's somewhat centered on Allelujah. I think. I sort of hope. If they have 6+ episodes of 98% political background, maybe they're stretching it a bit too much... Maybe it's just a commercial trick to pique people's interests in characters, because I'm really curious about Setsuna and Lockon and why Tieria doesn't like Setsuna etc...
withered_joy is offline   Reply With Quote