Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-23, 17:25   Link #1081
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
11 really gave her screen-time, didn't it?
Oh, enough with the mocking. In the end, she'll be the only character besides Lelouch and Suzaku to be in every episode to some degree. She's the heroine after all.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 17:25   Link #1082
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
@VAR: That's also right. But I always thought it could've been a third person that wiped the memories, not V.V. or The Emperor. I don't think Charles would go walking around Area 11's schools wiping the minds of freaked out students. That would be pushing it, don't you think?
I said this once before: My theory is that Charles is grooming Lelouch to be the next Emperor after him. If you think about it, it's very possible. He hasn't done anything to stop Lelouch and he's let him kill off members of the Royal Family without so much as a care. Charles dictates under the saying: "Survival of the Fittest." Well folks, this is what he said. The fittest Royal Family member becomes the Emperor. Whoever isn't dead, gets the throne. I wouldn't be surprised if Charles himself had to take it in a bloody fashion.
The students in Ashford (barring the SC) were all replaced. Their memories did not have to be rewritten. The only memories changed are those of the Council which wouldn't be in the least bit difficult if V.V. teleported them for all of 1 minute for Charles to rewrite their memories. Not to mention that given the severity of the Black Rebellion, Charles may have very well gone to the area to look it over and in that time stopped by at Ashford the heart of the OoBK's operation and rewritten the memories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627 View Post
There hasn't been any scenes since season 1 where Kallen and Suzaku interacted off the battlefield, and I think Sunrise will try to milk that.
There are reasons for that: One: Taniguchi is the one running the show. Two: They are now enemies in more than just opposing sides. Suzaku now stands for everything she hates, the personification of it, while Kallen stands for everything that Suzaku is fighting against. Three: Their interaction will be about the same as it was in Ep.11, eg. little.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 17:26   Link #1083
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Just stating the truth, Dann. And whilst she is centric, she won't get as much time due to her status as a captive.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 17:26   Link #1084
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
I'm sorry to say Dann, but I think that Kallen's capture will provide an opportunity to go back to Kallen's and Suzaku's relationship, so you will probably still see a lot of her (and Suzaku).

There hasn't been any scenes since season 1 where Kallen and Suzaku interacted off the battlefield, and I think Sunrise will try to milk that.
I'm not so sure; Suzaku is a KoR and doesn't have time to babysit an enemy ace pilot; I should think he'd be more eager to stick around in Area 11. Not doing that would be a bit strange considering his position and goal. I suppsoe he might be present at some opportuny where Kallen is as well though (like at a party for the royals, as her party dress might hint at), but I don't think their interaction'll be that heavy.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 17:28   Link #1085
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Just stating the truth, Dann. And whilst she is centric, she won't get as much time due to her status as a captive.
Maybe so, but how do you know she won't get a lot of time. She'll be in Britannia where a lot will be going on. And since there is so much to learn about because she is so mysterious, she has to get more screentime.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-23, 17:28   Link #1086
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
I'm not so sure; Suzaku is a KoR and doesn't have time to babysit an enemy ace pilot; I should think he'd be more eager to stick around in Area 11. Not doing that would be a bit strange considering his position and goal. I suppsoe he might be present at some opportuny where Kallen is as well though (like at a party for the royals, as her party dress might hint at), but I don't think their interaction'll be that heavy.
I don't see Kallen getting that harshly treated.

It might be even a decent twist to have Kallen a prisoner of the new Governor - Nunnally.
tenken627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 17:29   Link #1087
Var
Banned

Quote:
Call me crazy, but I think that dress has something to either do with Episode 12 or Ashford oriented. Though... I am crazy.
Old 2008-06-23, 17:30   Link #1088
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:

It might be even a decent twist to have Kallen a prisoner of the new Governor - Nunnally.
She does need to interact more with Nunnally so the two can become great friends. She won't be treated that harshly either probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Call me crazy, but I think that dress has something to either do with Episode 12 or Ashford oriented. Though... I am crazy.
Yes, you're crazy. I suppose that would be just great though, wouldn't it?

Old 2008-06-23, 17:30   Link #1089
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:

Interesting idea, though if anything she's Schneizel's prisoner. If that were to happen, do you think Kallen would try to tell Nunally who Zero is?
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 17:31   Link #1090
Traece
:cool:

Tenken I didn't even think of that possibility.

There's a strong chance that Nunally will hear of Kallen's capture and will attempt to bring her in to her juristiction. Nunally and Kallen know eachother and Kallen was always nice to her fellow councilwomen. Though who knows what has been done to poor Nunally's mind. ... Probably nothing since she still knew Lelouch.

I don't think Kallen would tell Nunally who he is. Kallen knows better than that. She knows that it would break Nunally's heart. Plus, what would Lelouch do to Kallen if he found out?
Old 2008-06-23, 17:31   Link #1091
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Interesting idea, though if anything she's Schneizel's prisoner. If that were to happen, do you think Kallen would try to tell Nunally who Zero is?
Doubt she would though she'd take the opportunity to learn even more about Lelouch and what makes him tick as well as getting in good with his little sister.

Old 2008-06-23, 17:35   Link #1092
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Yes, you're crazy. I suppose that would be just great though, wouldn't it?
Spoiler for Well...:
Old 2008-06-23, 17:36   Link #1093
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var
There are reasons for that: One: Taniguchi is the one running the show. Two: They are now enemies in more than just opposing sides. Suzaku now stands for everything she hates, the personification of it, while Kallen stands for everything that Suzaku is fighting against. Three: Their interaction will be about the same as it was in Ep.11, eg. little.
Good points. Anyway,a s I see it, Kallen and Suzaku's interactions have never been that heavy - the exception being episode 19. When Suzaku and Kallen meet, it's mostly as two ideals clashing (as your point two states).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var

Unlikely, but I guess that we shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenken627
Having a permantent watchdog assigned to you is harshly treated? Well, I dunno . but I doubt it's going to be like that at least.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 17:38   Link #1094
hanseo
CC's Shining Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
so you think she going to be saved on the next episode?
Old 2008-06-23, 17:41   Link #1095
tenken627
what Yagi said

I don't think Kallen would tell Nunnally about Zero's identity if her responsibility gets transferred to Nunnally.

But, so far we've seen that Kallen doesn't really understand Lelouch, and maybe distrusts him somewhat. His goals fall into line with what Kallen wants, but that's it so far.

Being around Nunnally would reveal to Kallen who Lelouch the person truly is, and may give her more understanding. Nunnally is (or was) the basis of everything that Lelouch did for 1.5 seasons.

Quote:
Having a permantent watchdog assigned to you is harshly treated? Well, I dunno . but I doubt it's going to be like that at least.
I was talking about generally. Not about being under watch specifically. I don't think she's going to be stuck in some dark, damp cell in the middle of nowhere.

Last edited by tenken627; 2008-06-23 at 17:59.
Old 2008-06-23, 17:42   Link #1096
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Though who knows what has been done to poor Nunally's mind. ... Probably nothing since she still knew Lelouch
Nunally's blind
the emp needs eye contact (he needed to look into lulu's eyes so he told suzaku to cover the geass one)
he cant use the geass on her

and about kallen being handed over to Nunally's care
not a bad idea
Nunally's suppose to be one of the main charactar's this season and we havent seen her in a while
i like it
Old 2008-06-23, 17:46   Link #1097
Traece
:cool:

^^ Oh yeah... Her eyes are always closed huh? They could force them open though couldn't they? I don't think you actually need to have functioning eyes. Just... Eyes. Well.. Probably not. You're probably right, they can't use it on her since she's blind. She'd probably have to see the actual Geass itself.

Ohhh... Lelouch is sooo cuuute and caring and loving! THE PERFECT FATHER FIGURE! <3
That's pretty much the only outcome of Nunally telling Kallen about Lelouch. She'll just want more of that Lelouch chocolate she's been having.

Actually there's plenty of time for an Ashford Academy ball. Code Geass is 1/4th School Drama, you think they're going to skip an opportunity like that? Euphemia showed up at Ashford Academy and went about willy nilly as she pleased. Three of the Knights of Rounds are enrolled at the school now. You think the producers wont have a big dance thrown while they're at it?
Old 2008-06-23, 17:46   Link #1098
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanseo View Post
so you think she going to be saved on the next episode?
No. You see, Lelouch cannot act with Suzaku breathing down his neck in Ashford. It would be a perfect reason to bring Kallen to Ashford, to see both reactions. He knows she's more than just his loyal soldier, if not from anything then their interactions in the last Season, and he knows that Kallen is important to Lelouch if not for more than a valuable piece. He wasn't disinclined to use Nunally, of all people, in this way, so why not Kallen?

Also, it would add amazing tension/drama to the episode if you do have Kallen there, with no one able to act. Shirley's brooding would reach paramount levels if Lelouch interacted with Kallen. You could do so much with just that little event.
Old 2008-06-23, 17:48   Link #1099
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:

Ohhh... Lelouch is sooo cuuute and caring and loving! THE PERFECT FATHER FIGURE! <3
That's pretty much the only outcome of Nunally telling Kallen about Lelouch. She'll just want more of that Lelouch chocolate she's been having.
It sickens me that you're probably right even though the romance with her has been rather poor and very unconvincing. She isn't much better than Shirley in season 1 as far as I'm concerned.

Old 2008-06-23, 17:51   Link #1100
tenken627
what Yagi said

Quote:
Haha, I wouldn't take it that far. At least I hope it doesn't go that far.

It wouldn't be Nunnally telling Kallen about Lelouch exactly, but more like Kallen understanding why Lelouch started his whole rebellion in the first place and why it's very personal?