AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-05, 14:26   Link #2381
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Whatever the case is, we know that Teana is more gropeable.

*Crossfire Shooter'd*
Old 2010-09-05, 14:33   Link #2382
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Whatever the case is, we know that Teana is more gropeable.

*Crossfire Shooter'd*
Sein and Subaru both agree that Teana's got a full figure and is very lovable, huggable and gropable...

*Is beaten up for trying to sell tapes of Subaru and Sein's assault on Teana.*

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-09-05, 18:15   Link #2383
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.
Just to refresh the thread rules to everyone before these "speculations of sizes" continue.

Seriously, the answers given look like taken from the Humour & Jokes thread.
Old 2010-09-05, 23:30   Link #2384
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Has the Orussian Civil War ended? If yes, is there any hints on how? If not, then what's it's current condition?
Old 2010-09-06, 02:36   Link #2385
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Has the Orussian Civil War ended? If yes, is there any hints on how? If not, then what's it's current condition?
There is no canon info.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2010-09-06, 23:56   Link #2386
Mirron

Send a message via AIM to Mirron Send a message via MSN to Mirron
Hey all, a few random questions.

1. Force Designs, the ones about the new weapons the characters are wielding, anyone have the one featuring Touma? I'll probably take a dive in the Image thread to see if someone posted it, but if someone has it on hand it'd be much easier. I've seen all the other ones and curious what his looks like.

2. In relation to Force, the Huckebein's have some sort of magic circle. Was wondering if a picture of it may have been posted ala the other magic styles. I doubt it, but it would be nice to see another magic design.

3. In an early episode of Nanoha (original series), episode 06 if I had to guess, when Fate tries to force a Jewel Seed to deactivate by closing her hands around it and saying Stop repeatedly, a magic circle appears under her. Does this mean the Jewel Seed's are magical (I believe they say they're technological marvels later in the season), or perhaps Al Hazard has a magic system as well, or something else? Just wondering if it was explained.

4. Galea. Is it a separate planet (like Earth or Mid-Child), or is it a country of some sort. Ix is stated to participate in the Belkan Reunification war, I believe, or has some connection to Belka at least, and I was wondering whether Galea was a world that randomly fought against Belka or what. Curious because it's the only world that so far seems like it could have had a magic system that wasn't connection to Mid-Child or Belka potentially, since we don't see many worlds.

I guess nothing else just yet, although that may change later if I get more things I want to know. Really curious about the details they have on the magic systems and such, it's one of my favorite aspects of the series. I've read the Nanoha Wiki, as well as all the source material and such I can get my hands on, but there isn't as much information as I'd like.
Old 2010-09-07, 00:04   Link #2387
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If I had to guess, the magic circle appeared under Fate because she was using a sealing spell on the Jewel Seed, not because of whatever the Jewel Seed may have been doing.
Old 2010-09-07, 00:40   Link #2388
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
or perhaps Al Hazard has a magic system as well, or something else?
They are not from Al Hazard, but one of "minor" self-destroyed civilizations as I remember.

Quote:
4. Galea. Is it a separate planet (like Earth or Mid-Child), or is it a country of some sort.
Never stated in canon. It was definitely one of Belkan warring kingdoms though.

Old 2010-09-07, 01:26   Link #2389
Mirron

Yeah, the movie displays the circle more clearly. Would have been interesting for me, at least, but oh well.

In regards to four, I'm not saying they didn't fight... more so, I'm wondering why Galea was involved. Was it part of Belka, but somewhat like a state of sorts, or did Belka try and take it over, etc. I'm guessing it's not really answered though.
Old 2010-09-07, 01:33   Link #2390
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
In regards to four, I'm not saying they didn't fight... more so, I'm wondering why Galea was involved. Was it part of Belka, but somewhat like a state of sorts, or did Belka try and take it over, etc. I'm guessing it's not really answered though.
IIRC there was never stated that Belka was ever fully unified. Think of China of 3 kingdoms, or Germany of 30 years war (or most of the time 1200-1800). They are all Belka - but they are all they own warring states.

Old 2010-09-07, 02:15   Link #2391
Mirron

So... the reunification war was fought on the same planet? I'm just not sure if the war was between separate aspects of Belka (the planet) or Belka (the empire), assuming both are separate entities (although one does contain the other). Probably should have tried to specify a bit more at first, but I couldn't think of the proper way to phrase it.
Old 2010-09-07, 02:31   Link #2392
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
So... the reunification war was fought on the same planet? I'm just not sure if the war was between separate aspects of Belka (the planet) or Belka (the empire), assuming both are separate entities (although one does contain the other). Probably should have tried to specify a bit more at first, but I couldn't think of the proper way to phrase it.
The Saint King Reunification War and the Warring Ages of Belka that preceded it was fought across the entire Belkan Empire, which consists of numerous worlds including the world Belka as its capital; the former began after the capital world was destroyed, signaling the end of the latter.

Regarding Galea, it is most likely that it's just one of smaller kingdoms that was part of the larger Belkan Empire. It can be compared with the feudal lordships that formed the larger feudal monarchs(The Holy Roman Empire, Sengoku Period Japan, etc) during the middle ages.
Old 2010-09-07, 09:18   Link #2393
Mirron

Ah, okay. That's a shame, but it's to be expected. Thank you for the answers.
Old 2010-09-07, 14:58   Link #2394
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
It's a bit late, but maybe I could add something new...

Quote:
2. In relation to Force, the Huckebein's have some sort of magic circle. Was wondering if a picture of it may have been posted ala the other magic styles. I doubt it, but it would be nice to see another magic design.
I've examined the panels in chapter 7 (I think), where Cypha neutralizes Signum's attack and it seems like the she is using a circle that consists of a pentagon inscribed within a circle, which is unlike both Mid-Childan circle inscribed in another circle and Belkan cross inside a triangle.

Quote:
4. Galea. Is it a separate planet (like Earth or Mid-Child), or is it a country of some sort. Ix is stated to participate in the Belkan Reunification war, I believe, or has some connection to Belka at least, and I was wondering whether Galea was a world that randomly fought against Belka or what. Curious because it's the only world that so far seems like it could have had a magic system that wasn't connection to Mid-Child or Belka potentially, since we don't see many worlds.
I was always under the impression that "Belka" was the name of their entire homeworld, because e.g. the Japanese wiki says in the Saint's Cradle description that "Belka was lost in the dimensional dislocation" or somesuch technobabble. A single country or even a continent can hardly be affected by a cosmic cataclysm like that, so I figured Belka was an entire planet.

This, by extension means that pretty much every notable faction from the ancient times, like Galea and Shutra must have been entire planets/worlds, as well, to effectively resist a military machine of the entire Belkan homeworld.
Old 2010-09-07, 15:01   Link #2395
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Wasn't the Belkan empire several PLANETS in size?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2010-09-07, 15:06   Link #2396
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Wasn't the Belkan empire several PLANETS in size?
It has been kept very vague so far, AFAIK. -__- Other than the Kaisers ruled their Empire from a starship, there is little indication how big it was, I think.
Old 2010-09-07, 16:10   Link #2397
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post

This, by extension means that pretty much every notable faction from the ancient times, like Galea and Shutra must have been entire planets/worlds, as well, to effectively resist a military machine of the entire Belkan homeworld.
Yet Ingvalt and Ixpelia called Belka Kings. Ix directly noted as example of Belka royalty to screw with genetics for better performance. Even if they were planets - they long ago became Belka Empire planets at that stage.

Old 2010-09-07, 16:20   Link #2398
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
It has been kept very vague so far, AFAIK. -__- Other than the Kaisers ruled their Empire from a starship, there is little indication how big it was, I think.
Considering that the Unification War began after their homeworld were destroyed, it must have at least more than one

Also, considering the length of the war despite the abundance of WMDs, there must have been lots of worlds that were ravaged or even destroyed. Not to mention that Belkan relics seems to be scattered everywhere, indicating the existence of sizeable Belkan colonies across the dimensions.

Last edited by Tiresias; 2010-09-07 at 17:02.
Old 2010-09-07, 23:21   Link #2399
Mirron

Hmm... all interesting. Bit sad that Galea probably isn't unique enough to have a magic system that survived to this day and age. Could easily do a Book of Darkness like thing or some such, but it doesn't seem like it would have one in common use. Trying to find an existing world to draw a magic system from. I suppose if Ixy wakes up she may be able to shed some light on the possibility though.
Old 2010-09-08, 03:58   Link #2400
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Hmm... all interesting. Bit sad that Galea probably isn't unique enough to have a magic system that survived to this day and age. Could easily do a Book of Darkness like thing or some such, but it doesn't seem like it would have one in common use. Trying to find an existing world to draw a magic system from. I suppose if Ixy wakes up she may be able to shed some light on the possibility though.
While we don't know of such a system, we don't have any confirmation that it doesn't exist either. Recall Chrono's quote in the A's manga about 891 confirmed classes of magic. Right now we only know off 2.
Closed Thread