AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-13, 23:34   Link #1
newsbinreporter

Anime I can watch with little kids

I am done with Monster. Getting sick of watching late night after the kids (2 & 4 years old) are asleep. Need something I can watch with the kids around. Do not really have to entertain the kids, since they are too young. Nudity is ok, just not in a sexual context. Violent is ok, as long as they are not too realistically portraited.

Prince of Tennis and Hikaru no Go comes to mind. Show I like includes, Monster, Scrapped Princess and most of Miyazaki's show. Would like to see newer anime, preferbly fansub.
Old 2006-02-13, 23:56   Link #2
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
Initial D...
Old 2006-02-14, 00:15   Link #3
Morisato

You've watched anime for 10 years and you dont know what Pokemon is?
Old 2006-02-14, 00:19   Link #4
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by newsbinreporter
I am done with Monster. Getting sick of watching late night after the kids (2 & 4 years old) are asleep. Need something I can watch with the kids around. Do not really have to entertain the kids, since they are too young. Nudity is ok, just not in a sexual context. Violent is ok, as long as they are not too realistically portraited.

Prince of Tennis and Hikaru no Go comes to mind. Show I like includes, Monster, Scrapped Princess and most of Miyazaki's show. Would like to see newer anime, preferbly fansub.
First Question: Are they your children?
If yes then, don't you think your a bit over the hill for anime
Old 2006-02-14, 07:21   Link #5
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Don't listen to that guy up there...You're never to old to want to pass on the dope-ness of anime...Obviously you can watch stuff like Pokeman, Hamtaro, Megaman NT, or butchered One Piece, but I'd show the kids regular shonen stuff like DBZ, Yugioh, Naruto and Bleach...

I have a 16 month old nephew and when he's around I hold him in my lap and put on Naruto or Bleach...He just likes the cool colors and will sit there enchanted like he's watching Barney on acid XD...Seriously they should enjoy that normal stuff...However if you want a show you can enjoy with them aswell I'd go with something like Eureka SeveN or King of Bandit Jing...they are both adult enuff for you to enjoy and they have good enuff action and cooool animation and colors for the kids to oogle over...

Something like Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (TV)* will also probably appeal to you...if your familiar with the tale it definatley will arouse your mind...But more importantly it has amazing CG animation that features some of the best artistic quality in all of anime...If a kid won't be posessed by those graphics and colors you need to give'em more sugar and Kool-aid ...

These titles should agree with the audience being you and dem' kids ...

*Gankutsuou does have a bit of nudity and violence but you may deem that not a problem because it's a good watch...
Old 2006-02-14, 08:05   Link #6
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I definitely can suggest to you what they MUSN'T see: Elfen Lied, Koi Kaze, Kannazuki no Miko, Gravitation, Kite, Ghost in the Shell (the movies and series), and Ergo Proxy.

The rest is more or less okay to watch. Pokemon, of course, is the best among little kids, or maybe Yu-gi-oh. You can watch it with them on Cartoon Network.
Old 2006-02-14, 08:08   Link #7
Theundyingmage

School Rumble,Mai Otome,Mai Hime,Da capo,Mahoraba,To Heart just name a few good newer fansubbed ones.

Good English Language ones include Megaman NT,Pokemon,Digimon,Yugioh,Jackie Chan Adventures,Card Captors,Bubble gum crisis 2040.
Old 2006-02-14, 21:30   Link #8
newsbinreporter

Cool

Yes, I am indeed very old for a anime fan. Young people nowaday do not have any manner

Thanks for all the recommendations, I am already caught up with initial D and will give King of Bandit Jing a try. For clarification, I do not want Pokemon-type show, again it is for the old fart, not the kiddies.

http://forums.animesuki.com/images/icons/icon6.gif
Cool
Old 2006-02-14, 21:44   Link #9
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

Send a message via ICQ to Crimen Scythe Send a message via AIM to Crimen Scythe Send a message via MSN to Crimen Scythe
No one is ever too old for anime...Maybe for Pokemon but certainly not anime...
Try Aishiteru ze Baby...my cousin watched it with his daughter and said it wasnt bad at all....
Old 2006-02-14, 21:55   Link #10
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
I think you will be safe with Azumanga Daioh, it has humor that even little kids can understand. It requires not wit at all, it's just cute. I think you'll be clear on cursing too. It is most definitely a PG anime, the only problem you may have is the teacher who always stares at the girls but they will probably find that hilarious.
Old 2006-02-14, 21:59   Link #11
gogogoh
"GO GO GO"

Send a message via AIM to gogogoh
Well, This is new>.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsbinreporter

Could you list the anime shows you watch. Please, it would help us in what to comment. Also I just got into anime in the month about sept and nov. Maybe we are assuming that he is old if not even young adult with kids. Anyway I just got in to it my self so I am also looking for some animie more good in action and adventure but not something my parents are going to nag me about.
Old 2006-02-14, 22:07   Link #12
Gaia
ROW! ROW! FIGHT DA POWAH!
*Graphic Designer

Try Shakugan no SHANA. It should be okay for the kids. They shouldnt be able to understand everything, since they're still very so young. Also.. Shana is a loli char. They might like her
I'd never stop with watching anime, since they got a place in my life. You can never be to old for it. Many parents drink alchohol, smoke and do other mature stuff, while raising the children... I'd prefer the anime way

Aesir
Old 2006-02-14, 23:03   Link #13
stretch87
Anime Addict

as usual, i am here to recommend my #1 all-time favourite anime, which is none other than Beck, and it just so happens that Beck fits your criteria perfectly. it's about music, but has nothing to do with the crappy wester singer Beck so don't be turned off by the name.

I never even liked "rock" music before watching these series and it still became by favourite, and i loved the anime so much it actually got me into rock a little bit
Old 2006-02-15, 15:38   Link #14
redwoodtreesprite

Here's some good ones that are age-appropriate, and pretty cute animes too:

Legend of the Magical Beans Pandalian
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/578.html
Cute adventure series with Pandas and a bad guy who may destroy the world. You may find yourself humming the theme song after a while.

Ocha-ken / Tea Dogs
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/269.html
This is a very cute series of shorts, that are often very funny. Each has a moral at the end.

Kaiketsu Zorori
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/626.html
Don't be fooled by the promo art on the info pages. This is a very funny anime about a trickster fox. There's some great scenes in here that fans of quest RPGs will particularly like.

Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/513.html
Incredibly funny anime, with tons of injokes for Dragon Quest/Warrior fans. You don't need to have played the games to enjoy the anime.

Dogtato-kun
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/406.html
Very cute, and for little kids. Great for when you'd like them to mellow down a bit.
(It works for our little guy. )

Animal Yokocho
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/688.html
Reminds me a lot of the Animaniacs. Funny for adults, very fast moving and silly.
Lots of references that you'll get, and kids will find funny even though they don't get the injokes.

Kogepan
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/297.html
Funny, philosophical shorts about the deepness of being bread. There's a sweet simplisticness to it that my son really likes. Funny stuff for adults that like subtle satire as well.

Kappa no Kaikata
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/501.html
Really funny shorts about raising your own Kappa. Watch it all first, and make a special folder for a version for your kids, as there are a few episodes about Kappas stealing soul balls from rear ends that aren't appropriate for kids. But the other episodes are fine, and very Kawaii. If you have trouble with seeing a baby Kappa pooping though, you may want to pass on this one. There's also a couple episodes where he punishes the Kappa by rubbing it's beak with a toothpick that I find uncomfortable. It doesn't hurt the Kappa, just irritate it. But one doesn't want to give little kids bad ideas about toothpicks and noses...

We're downloading Legendz right now. It looks kid-friendly, but appearances can be decieving. I'll update on this anime once I've watched it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
For clarification, I do not want Pokemon-type show, again it is for the old fart, not the kiddies.
You'd be surprised how many kid's shows are good for adults too. Little ones are important, and it's fun to watch anime with them. It's a good bonding experience. And what they enjoy is also important.

Last edited by redwoodtreesprite; 2006-02-15 at 22:04.
Old 2006-02-15, 18:53   Link #15
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Ojamajo Doremi. Best metaseries ever.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Old 2006-02-15, 22:16   Link #16
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
If you can tolerate the extreme cuteness, Fushigiboshi No Futago Hime is THE MOST innocent kid-friendly show I have ever seen in my eight anime-devouring years.^_^
Old 2006-02-16, 00:23   Link #17
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

LMAO I think the poster has clearly said...They want something that they can watch...He/She only wants something that kids would be entertained by but at the same time something that impresses he//she...He//She has said they don't care about the kids' taste..Only that it is decent enuff for them to watch without understanding...Basically suggest non-kid titles that kids would be entertained enuff with to watch with an adult...

....right^^?
Old 2006-02-16, 00:36   Link #18
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Dude, kids shouldn't be exposed to nudity at 4.
Old 2006-02-16, 15:00   Link #19
MamoruUsagi

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon, the Japanese version is wonderful. It has a lot of romance and kissing and marriage and eternal love between our main couple, the best couple, Usagi and Mamoru (Serena and Darien). The main couple is the best couple every and they get married and have a family. It's a very mature series, but appropriate for all ages. I have been a fan since 1995 and I'm still a fan now. I love romance and love stories, and this series is 200 episodes and has an amazing love story and an amazing, wonderful, charming, hot guy. It's a wonderful series and it is mature, but for all audiences. Get the Japanese version. The manga has a sex scene, the anime doesn't. A wonderful love story. The main hero, Mamoru/Darien/Tuxedo Mask/Kamen is very handsome. I've been a fan of his since 1995.

Marmalade Boy is also appropriate for all ages.
Old 2006-02-16, 17:39   Link #20
Crimen Scythe
Daemon Mortis

if not...u can always go back to Dragonball...the kids might like it...
Closed Thread

Tags
children, family