AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-12-03, 00:18   Link #35121
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Alright then. I like these "after" fics myself, but Kaijo had a point with what he said about ViCia during that whole big discussion, about working towards that event before progressing to events happening after it.
Old 2011-12-03, 00:24   Link #35122
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Alright then. I like these "after" fics myself, but Kaijo had a point with what he said about ViCia during that whole big discussion, about working towards that event before progressing to events happening after it.
Hm, I kind of see what you mean. Eagle, Shigan, and I know what happens when they get together (they've seen my story outline for "Prerogative") so we know how to write beyond Chapter 7 of PotB, but I suppose other people can only infer from the later fics and thus are missing out on part of the story .

But really, there isn't that much "big discussion" . I think we really envision the Hayate x Vivio relationship as progressive over many stories, since most of the classic "big discussion" moments actually take place in stories after "Prerogative".
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 04:27   Link #35123
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
I see what you mean. I can't speak for the Vicia universe but remember that the HxV Files had no intentions whatsoever to become a larger multipart-universe like this at the beginning. I discussed close to nothing with DC before typing down The Things We Tame, she certainly consults me squat about the smaller stories she's writing. If I had to wait for dc to finish her stuff and give an opinion about every detail that goes into this, none of the three stories I wrote would ever had been written because the inspiration would have since long passed.

I think the thing with storyverses like ours is that since multiple authors (with equally busy lives) are involved, we had rather just let things be free and let how this relationship unfolds go beyond certain set story-markers that has to be written. It is pretty nice to be able to just be surprised even as an author . Armies... *grumblegrumble*... armies....!!!??

Not that our style doesn't have its downsides, speed is one thing, but this way none of us feel forced to follow any deadlines and can pretty much work independently from each other, mostly following when inspiration strikes.
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 07:08   Link #35124
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
It's been a while, but here's a short story I scribbled while in the middle of dying of final exams/projects, and trying to write Chapter 6 of "Prerogative of the Brave" .

Takes place in the Hayate x Vivio Files, and is set for a few months after "Prerogative of the Brave." Hayate is 28 and Vivio is 15.

Spoiler for Hayate x Vivio Files Chronology:

Spoiler for It Must Be Love:
I ... am going to book an appointment with my dentist now.

Hayate is beyond sappy

Fav references: (i) real estate prices in the Takamachi neighbourhood, (ii) height difference and spine strain, and (iii) Hayate the creeper (LOOOL).

I find it amusing that Hayate is basically in the same shoes as Cia... ;D Looking forward to more PotB and more pre-TTWT!
Old 2011-12-03, 08:15   Link #35125
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiseppe View Post
I find it amusing that Hayate is basically in the same shoes as Cia... ;D
Dibs on penning Hayate's sexual frustration! Also, I would certainly not mind seeing it drawn xD, eh eh? *nudgenudge*
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Old 2011-12-03, 12:43   Link #35126
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
I bring forth more works from the forge! A new idea that I'm testing out, set in an alternate universe and taking place in the medieval Belkan Empire. To anyone waiting for more chapters of my other stuff, blame this and two other ideas in the works. One starring Fate and Yuuno and the other warping the timeline so that Linith is not the one who raises Fate.

Also, the title is tentative as I have no idea what to really call this thing.

Spoiler for Medieval Belka: Chapter 1, Part 1:
Old 2011-12-03, 12:49   Link #35127
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Spoiler for Medieval Belka: Chapter 1, Part 2:

Spoiler for Comments:
Old 2011-12-03, 14:13   Link #35128
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
I see what you mean. I can't speak for the Vicia universe but remember that the HxV Files had no intentions whatsoever to become a larger multipart-universe like this at the beginning. I discussed close to nothing with DC before typing down The Things We Tame, she certainly consults me squat about the smaller stories she's writing. If I had to wait for dc to finish her stuff and give an opinion about every detail that goes into this, none of the three stories I wrote would ever had been written because the inspiration would have since long passed.

I think the thing with storyverses like ours is that since multiple authors (with equally busy lives) are involved, we had rather just let things be free and let how this relationship unfolds go beyond certain set story-markers that has to be written. It is pretty nice to be able to just be surprised even as an author . Armies... *grumblegrumble*... armies....!!!??

Not that our style doesn't have its downsides, speed is one thing, but this way none of us feel forced to follow any deadlines and can pretty much work independently from each other, mostly following when inspiration strikes.
Oh, I'm not worried about deadlines and I'm aware no one expected this to take off across multiple authors. It's just that I don't want it to go on like this so much that we forget about the progress and not see the main event happen to justify it all. Look at Shadowsverse--If I'm not mistaken, we still haven't seen exactly how Vivio and Lutecia started dating in that 'verse, or how it built up to that point.
Old 2011-12-03, 14:43   Link #35129
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Yeah, though we have a chronology that we're all aware of to prevent contradictions, I think that we're lucky in that we all seem to get the feel of the series, so the way we write the relationship and the characters feels congruent even if we're all writing about different points of their relationship .

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiseppe View Post
I ... am going to book an appointment with my dentist now.

Hayate is beyond sappy

Fav references: (i) real estate prices in the Takamachi neighbourhood, (ii) height difference and spine strain, and (iii) Hayate the creeper (LOOOL).

I find it amusing that Hayate is basically in the same shoes as Cia... ;D Looking forward to more PotB and more pre-TTWT!
Heehee, I loved writing those little random references . Sometimes those are more fun than the actual story!

I've been trying to tone down on the "waiting until she's legal" aspect of Hayate and Vivio's relationship , because as you mentioned, I don't want it basically retreading the ViCia relationship themes. It's undoubtedly something that's on Hayate's mind , but I prefer to write about the other issues that come up in a large age-gap relationship than just the sex , purely because it forces me to challenge my creativity .

Quote:
Dibs on penning Hayate's sexual frustration! Also, I would certainly not mind seeing it drawn xD, eh eh? *nudgenudge*
LOL, go ahead if you like ^^. And didn't yui start a picture a while back that hinted at this?

Quote:
Oh, I'm not worried about deadlines and I'm aware no one expected this to take off across multiple authors. It's just that I don't want it to go on like this so much that we forget about the progress and not see the main event happen to justify it all. Look at Shadowsverse--If I'm not mistaken, we still haven't seen exactly how Vivio and Lutecia started dating in that 'verse, or how it built up to that point.
Hm...I dunno, I kind of like that the "main event" (assuming that to be the moment where Hayate and Vivio start seriously dating) isn't shown in a specific story . I honestly don't see the Hayate x Vivio Files as being one long story, but made up of many one-shots and separate stories for a reason. The point in this series for me is that most realisations come with hindsight, or are understood through roundabout ways. Technically, a reader should be able to see the stories as snapshots of their lives, rather than a continuous series that shows all the major relationship milestones. So really, people should be able to enjoy The Things We Tame without needing to know the details of Prerogative of the Brave, as readers have shown that they have, since the purpose of the two stories build on different things.
Spoiler for slight spoiler for PotB:

I'm not sure how a story of them definitively becoming girlfriends would look like, since I can't see them achieving that in a conventional manner. I personally don't mind seeing characters jump in characterization between stories at times, as long as enough backstory is alluded to that lets me be able to infer and speculate on the actual event myself. That's just my preference though, but it probably is reflected through my writing style.

But who knows, maybe I'll change my view in this at some point.
Old 2011-12-03, 14:54   Link #35130
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
I honestly don't see the Hayate x Vivio Files as being one long story, but made up of many one-shots and separate stories for a reason. The point in this series for me is that most realisations come with hindsight, or are understood through roundabout ways.
This this this. Finally, thank you for putting words on what I in my dating-befuddled brain cannot scramble. Personally, I'm rather enjoying this format. Snapshots + major storylines like PotB and TTWT, it makes room for a lot of different ideas if anything.

Lol, change your mind all you want dc, just warn me if you decide to detonate anything.

Also, I no longer fear armies. I now have the solution, muahahahhaa!
— Richard Bach

Old 2011-12-03, 14:58   Link #35131
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Quote:
Lol, change your mind all you want dc, just warn me if you decide to detonate anything.
LOL, I doubt I will , but I didn't want to preclude the possibility and look silly later on just in case . I like "slice of life/episodic" stories that build on each other as backstory, but don't necessarily need to connect narratively one to the next. There's a place for long epics too, but the HxV Files aren't where I'm channeling that energy .
Old 2011-12-03, 18:09   Link #35132
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Told you this mini-arc would be the longest one.

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

Yagami Mid Four Dwell Takamachi Scrya Fatherhood Harlaown Dreams Dance Healing Twins Advice History Onwards Cycle Playdate Forging Meetings Search Valkyrie News

BTF Omakes:

Old Iron Omakes 1, 2, 3 Mr Snuggles Omake Oh Bandit Tree Old Iron Omakes 4, 5

Coda Start

Coda 2

Coda 3

Coda 4

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peek - Coda 5:

Spoiler for Comments:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 19:00   Link #35133
malekith

do you need to know the story of slayers to get BTF
malekith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 19:04   Link #35134
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by malekith View Post
do you need to know the story of slayers to get BTF
Not too much... If you have questions, check the Slayers Wiki.

It does help to have an idea of the series in general, but I do cover the latter portions of Slayers in the story pretty well, I think.

I'll also answer questions if you have them.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 20:23   Link #35135
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Told you this mini-arc would be the longest one.

Peek's Mini-Arcs:

Yagami Mid Four Dwell Takamachi Scrya Fatherhood Harlaown Dreams Dance Healing Twins Advice History Onwards Cycle Playdate Forging Meetings Search Valkyrie News

BTF Omakes:

Old Iron Omakes 1, 2, 3 Mr Snuggles Omake Oh Bandit Tree Old Iron Omakes 4, 5

Coda Start

Coda 2

Coda 3

Coda 4

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - Peek - Coda 5:

Spoiler for Comments:
Me: Oh my! We forgot about Arisa for a while.

Odin: Coz' you're looking at Rise Kujikawa, dumbass.

Me: Can you blame me for looking at an Idol which Rie Kugimiya voiced over and not being a tsundere?

Odin: Good point.

Val: I wonder that scorch free spot is where Arisa fall down before incinerating the two unwitting darwin nominee.

Me: I don't think they knew about Arisa being a vessel of a dragon god, Val.

Val: At least there's less kidnap for random around there.
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-03, 23:11   Link #35136
yuiseppe
Cute things, sharp teeth.

Quote:
Hahaha I'm TRYING to not summon too many image-bunnies here... They are coming... I cannot get out...

Quote:

I've been trying to tone down on the "waiting until she's legal" aspect of Hayate and Vivio's relationship , because as you mentioned, I don't want it basically retreading the ViCia relationship themes. It's undoubtedly something that's on Hayate's mind , but I prefer to write about the other issues that come up in a large age-gap relationship than just the sex , purely because it forces me to challenge my creativity .
True that - it's already a concept that's been covered before in ViCia. No doubt there'll still be some influence of it here, but no point making it a big theme ... although, Hayate's gropper reputation might make it even more of a gaffaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse
And didn't yui start a picture a while back that hinted at this?
And I finished that one. *Yanks an image-bunny off shoulder* These things leave teeth marks, you know??

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse
Hm...I dunno, I kind of like that the "main event" (assuming that to be the moment where Hayate and Vivio start seriously dating) isn't shown in a specific story . I honestly don't see the Hayate x Vivio Files as being one long story, but made up of many one-shots and separate stories for a reason.
As a reader I don't particularly mind not seeing the particular scene either (it would definitely be nice to find out how they resolve it, but it's not 'The Defining Moment' of the Files). It obviously happens at some point because we see stories that take place before and after, but the stories all have different emphases so that I'm not stuck with the feeling that the entire set of HxV Files revolves around them getting together.
Old 2011-12-04, 00:16   Link #35137
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post

Spoiler for Comments:
Interesting to read. At the moment I'm rather sick so can't think of much to say, but it seems like a traditional setting suits your style of writing well. Unlike your previous stories this one has almost no er, break of flow in it.
Old 2011-12-04, 04:01   Link #35138
Mr Coin
Heads or Tails?

Quote:
I bring forth more works from the forge! A new idea that I'm testing out, set in an alternate universe and taking place in the medieval Belkan Empire. To anyone waiting for more chapters of my other stuff, blame this and two other ideas in the works. One starring Fate and Yuuno and the other warping the timeline so that Linith is not the one who raises Fate.

Zafira being
Spoiler for spoiler:
made me scratch my head. I wonder how will Shamal fit in the story. I'll just wait and see.

Spoiler for another spoiler:

Can't wait to see your update on your other stories! And keep them coming!

Sigan and DC are still alive! I can't wait for Dezo and Radiant to show up! Crazy Hayate was funny btw.
Mr Coin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 04:21   Link #35139
malekith

k cause having 4-5 seasons of an anime added to the todo list in december is a lot
way too many things to do this month
malekith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-04, 08:13   Link #35140
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
I have to agree with this. Every time I read these "after stories" I always ended up feeling that I missed something, as if I accidentally skipped a chapter only to find out that the chapter has yet to exist.

Quote:
I'm really curious with the Fate and Yuuno bit.

Quote:

Quote:
Interesting. My money's on either Fate(alluding to her pre-befriending illegal activities) or Reinforce(the Wind name) as the bandit leader.

Will Nanoha appear here, though? And what would she be if archery is already taken by Signum?

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha