AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-01-06, 21:28   Link #101
Sol Falling

What's with all the bashing of Denpa Onna's OP? That one was brilliant from the first second I heard it, whereas the OP here could hardly even be called a song. Damn.

I like Yasuna's voice. This show is completely fucking ridiculous but I will probably get through it through sheer moe alone. The humour here is not so much funny, but absurd and cute in its absurdity. Ninja girl's voice was probably the most generic for me, but still cute and off-kilter enough for me to enjoy it.

Perhaps I would find more actual humour in this series if I read the manga. As it is though I am staying for the weird atmosphere and the voices.

I like the ED. I know that this series will probably have nothing to do with yuri, but I've been compelled to put my goggles on. This was close to a random pick on account of me being aware of like one other show this winter season, but I'm keeping it.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 22:00   Link #102
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Now that is a ninja hanging upside down with out your hair falling down or skirt

The ending song is just so catchy
Old 2012-01-06, 22:15   Link #103
shishio

The OP sucks so badly...on the other hand, the ED is...hmm....how to describe it...unique?

The humor is not that funny but thankfully it is watchable for me unlike Nichijou. I may stick with this as the comedy to watch this winter season unless there are others this season.
shishio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 22:16   Link #104
Dawnstorm

Well, it's better than I thought it would be, and it's not a busy season, so...

I love the opening. I also loved the Denpa Onna opening. I won't choose.

Yasuna's German was pretty good.

And Sonja isn't afraid of cockroaches; she's cautious in the face of a hygienic threat.

What makes this show work is the quick pacing. They don't set up their jokes, and they don't linger, so it doesn't really matter if only one in five (or six, or...) is funny.

I'm impressed with Agiri's hair-stays-up-even-when-I'm-upside-down jutsu. A vital skill to have in any ninja battle.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 22:48   Link #105
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ok then after seeing this yea so ????? why did i watch it.

oh well still stuck with til finale ep.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 23:21   Link #106
evil_twin

I'd day a decent substitute for Nichijou, for the time being, until something truly epic appears again ...
evil_twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 23:39   Link #107
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
What's with all the bashing of Denpa Onna's OP? That one was brilliant from the first second I heard it, whereas the OP here could hardly even be called a song. Damn.

I like Yasuna's voice. This show is completely fucking ridiculous but I will probably get through it through sheer moe alone. The humour here is not so much funny, but absurd and cute in its absurdity. Ninja girl's voice was probably the most generic for me, but still cute and off-kilter enough for me to enjoy it.

Perhaps I would find more actual humour in this series if I read the manga. As it is though I am staying for the weird atmosphere and the voices.

I like the ED. I know that this series will probably have nothing to do with yuri, but I've been compelled to put my goggles on. This was close to a random pick on account of me being aware of like one other show this winter season, but I'm keeping it.
yea I loved denpa's OP as well, though I tend to match the music and visuals together in my opinion
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 23:47   Link #108
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Yep, they are technically in high school despite looking like elementary kids. basically they are like Lucky Star cast.
Good. That means I can play with Sonya in bed without worrying about her being a minor
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 23:57   Link #109
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

A more 'fantastical' Lucky Star? Count me in for the long haul, since Lucky Star is one of the few anime that I finished despite nothing to ship for.

Even better that there is no equivalent to Tsukasa, my least favourite character in LS...

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 23:58   Link #110
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Good. That means I can play with Sonya in bed without worrying about her being a minor
Be careful not to break some bones
Old 2012-01-07, 00:06   Link #111
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Be careful not to break some bones
Don't worry, I've always broke instead of being broken
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 01:04   Link #112
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Don't worry, I've always broke instead of being broken
You are so perverted today Sumeragi
Old 2012-01-07, 01:29   Link #113
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Agree with SolFalling in regards to Denpa's opening song. That song is clever in so many ways and the visual just compliments and brings meaning to why that particular song was chosen.

As for this OP song.... well, it's probably because certain portion of the lyric matches the title of this show. I liked the visual for whatever what it's worth, however, I don't know if I will want to listen to it over and over though.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 01:47   Link #114
Undertaker

Well, I was strickly speaking from the music (sound) stand point.

Denpa's lyric is cleverly written and the song does fit the plot and animation well, but I just can't stand listening to it.

It was the only OP I ever skip mid way on my first time listening and yelled "WTF?". Though I later did calm down and gave it another shot, but I have to brase myself every time I watch the episode.

Compare to that, this OP manages to get me to yell out "Kill me BABY!!" (good thing I live along) like I was in a homecoming or a riot and made me laugh despite the similar shitty-ness of the music.

Kind of like the "who let the dog out?" effect if anyone still remembers.
Old 2012-01-07, 02:29   Link #115
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

On Denpa Onna OP, i got that small thread to see everyone favorite OP and ED of the 2011. And surprisingly, Denpa Onna coming third in term of popular, after Stein Gates and Madoka OP.

So it can't be that bad.

But the OP of "Kill me Baby" is undoubtedly bad, the song at least...

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2012-01-07 at 04:09.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 05:38   Link #116
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I found this first episode to be quite funny and entertaining, however the OP song is...horrible. I usually like to listening to the OP and ED songs of new anime, but this one was so bad I decided to skip it half way.
Old 2012-01-07, 08:28   Link #117
CWW
Lurker

I see people don't appreciate accordions or folk or ska. Yeah, the vocals and lyrics are bad, because it's meant to be terrible. The VAs are purposely using their character voices to convey the show, which is a pure comedy. And they succeeded. I know what to expect. It's like blasting Ika Musume's or Excel Saga's OP for their use of vocals. If you don't like the song composition, that's purely a matter of taste. As I said, it works in relation to the show. They could have done electronic pop, like Lucky Star, but I personally like the style they used.

Denpa Onna's OP however, which is also sung by a VA, tries to sound like a real song, except the vocals aren't purposely terrible. This is an example where using the character voice doesn't fit the song. It's not that I can't stomach high-pitched vocals because I love to listen to the OPs of Honey & Clover and K-On. Just listen to the opening verse. The way she changes the pitch, it sounds unnatural. The OP is also very abstract, so you have little idea what to expect. You can call it artistic or imaginative. I call it pretentious, but that's just my opinion.
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 08:43   Link #118
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I can't stop blurting "KILL ME BABY" like in the OP lol. It's pretty catchy. And the first ep was decent.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 08:46   Link #119
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

The gags unfortunately don't make me laught, pretty boring but is me.
I guess the best 4-koma adaption was Kanamemo before and Yuyu Yuri now. At least YY have a second season.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-07, 10:55   Link #120
Sol Falling

I don't wanna keep harping on this show's OP and stuff, but y'all really need to stop bashing on Denpa Onna's OP. Before anyone goes pinions: and shit, think about why the hell another show's OP needs to be discussed in this thread in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
I see people don't appreciate accordions or folk or ska. Yeah, the vocals and lyrics are bad, because it's meant to be terrible. The VAs are purposely using their character voices to convey the show, which is a pure comedy. And they succeeded. I know what to expect. It's like blasting Ika Musume's or Excel Saga's OP for their use of vocals. If you don't like the song composition, that's purely a matter of taste. As I said, it works in relation to the show. They could have done electronic pop, like Lucky Star, but I personally like the style they used.
No one said the song doesn't fit. You're right, the visuals and vocals manage to convey the show perfectly. That doesn't change the fact that it sounds pretty bad and is hard to listen to. Tossing a "genre" or "style" or "it's on purpose" doesn't change that, it's a question of whether people will want to sit through the full OP every time (for the record, I will try to, but that is only on account of I actually like the show and want to try to enjoy it).

Quote:
Denpa Onna's OP however, which is also sung by a VA, tries to sound like a real song, except the vocals aren't purposely terrible. This is an example where using the character voice doesn't fit the song. It's not that I can't stomach high-pitched vocals because I love to listen to the OPs of Honey & Clover and K-On. Just listen to the opening verse. The way she changes the pitch, it sounds unnatural. The OP is also very abstract, so you have little idea what to expect. You can call it artistic or imaginative. I call it pretentious, but that's just my opinion.
Denpa Onna's OP was not sung by Erio's VA. It was sung by the same person who did PenguinDrum's OPs. Denpa Onna's OP's vocals were not "artistic" or "imaginative", they were extremely expressive of the main character--her loneliness, isolation, desire to communicate, etc.--and were not abstract at all (you can make that argument for the visuals if you really have to). How is your judgement that "the character voice doesn't fit the song" not a complete matter of taste and opinion as well--in the first place that song was probably written for those vocals. There is no objective basis for stating that Kill Me Baby's OP is better than Denpa Onna's at all (what? purposely bad versus not-purposely bad? Gimme a break) and to keep randomly bringing it up in this thread is nothing but a derailment.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, manga time kirara, seinen