AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-10-11, 07:23   Link #1
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Kaleido Star 2 - A Reality!

Kaleido Star 2 has finally been announced! It's not going to be a 1-episode thing like the episode 52 OVA but a brand new OAV series~ In the most recent Japan newtype, there was an article about it, with a slight joke of making everyone into mahou shoujo characters, and then they write big within it, "Sono uso, honto?" <-- Is this lie, the truth? I highly, highly, highly doubt it will turn out that way. Just made that way to drive us and the Japanese fans crazy. Been reading up on some Japanese blogs about it, and most people think its a joke... and if its real, some of the more pedoriffic readers were while others were "..." But, I'm sure it won't be. Whee, I'm thrilled that another season is coming out. No date announced yet, but stay tuned!

For more details of the horrible mahou shoujo joke: http://www.moonphase.cc/commonCG/20041007c.jpg

[Edit: Posted the link in]

Last edited by Dragosmore; 2004-10-11 at 07:43.
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 07:41   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

great news! IMO Kaleido Star is one of the best, possibly the best, anime series released by GONZO recently, I'm really looking forward to this!
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 08:53   Link #3
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
For more details of the horrible mahou shoujo joke: http://www.moonphase.cc/commonCG/20041007c.jpg
Eh? UFO Princess Rosetta?

Will Ken Robbins ever have some resolution, or will this poor bloke be forever doomed to the Critical Hit Without Save Dungeon of Loser Male?

I have money that he will never get the girl...
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 09:05   Link #4
Yxy
chaunen...

kaleido star mahou shoujo?
/me looks forward to tasty naked transformation scenes
Yxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 09:28   Link #5
Dragosmore
Translator

Remember, I said this Magical Girl thing was a JOKE in Newtype :P If it turns into reality, I might have to kill myself. Also, regarding Ken... there is an episode in the 40s (43 iirc, could be wrong) that's called Police-san's Great Proposal! >.>;; Of course, it involves what the title is saying, but also it's an episode where Ken tries to get Sora <.<;; It's quite funny, and in the end, Sora just doesn't get what Ken's trying to say. Teehehe
Old 2004-10-11, 10:13   Link #6
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Kaleidostar was cheese, but I loved every minute of it

Anyway, I thought the Mahou Shoujo bit was already set into this series from the very beginning. Sora's skills and character design refer to MKR's Hikaru, once in a while we see the crew in Mokona rabbit suits [like in the OVA]. Also, the girls tend to have traits attributed to the core group of Sailormoon girls. Finally, Marion with the twin pigtails is a dead ringer for the chibi Tsukino design seen in the last movie >_<. It's nothing new, but it'll be a blast if they ended up looking like this for the OVA

Looking at that pic again I was half expecting Mia to look like Hydra from UFO Princess Walkure. GDH/Junichi Sato just loves to spoof everything they're seiyuu have done [ep38+39- Haibane Renmei anyone? ].
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 12:25   Link #7
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Kaleido Star 2 is indeed good news.

Kaleido star mahou shoujo however...

*suicide*

It seems like Rosetta is going to be in the lead this time, or?
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 16:35   Link #8
Dragosmore
Translator

Yeah, Rosetta is most definitely going to be the lead. It's hard to epxlain without spoiling the end of S1 :P Most Japanese sites were also basically saying she'd be the main char too regarding this S2 announcement
Old 2004-10-13, 18:04   Link #9
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

Yeah, I kinda agree with Burner of Anime.....It was a twist on mahou shoujo to begin with. www.themanime.org agrees....hehe.

Um...I can't get the picture....can someone post it again or something? Any help would be lovely
mayukhers112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 23:09   Link #10
Carrot Glace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
great news! IMO Kaleido Star is one of the best, possibly the best, anime series released by GONZO recently, I'm really looking forward to this!
What??????? Ive seen the first episode from a demo I got from newtype and that was gayest shit I ever seen.
Carrot Glace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 07:07   Link #11
wchui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrot Glace
What??????? Ive seen the first episode from a demo I got from newtype and that was gayest shit I ever seen.
when i first saw the 1st ep, i thought it was junk too. but i continued to see if it would get better and it did~
u should watch at least a few eps to judge a series.
wchui is offline   Reply With Quote