AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-03-06, 00:31   Link #13461
Nei Tsukishime

Send a message via ICQ to Nei Tsukishime Send a message via MSN to Nei Tsukishime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Right... and I don't know how to draw
Man, you just don't know how to respond to a basic critique. With all the respect, I really think that I was extremely generous and polite while even paying attention to your work. Don't hold a grudge against me for that.
Nei Tsukishime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 00:37   Link #13462
ShiniIllumi

Quote:
Right... and I don't know how to draw
They never said you don't know how to draw, they just gave you basic critique. They didn't even go in to detail, just simply pointed something out.

You're responses were the rude ones. :/
ShiniIllumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 00:44   Link #13463
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nei Tsukishime View Post
Man, you just don't know how to respond to a basic critique. With all the respect, I really think that I was extremely generous and polite while even paying attention to your work. Don't hold a grudge against me for that.
Generous? Even paying attention?

If you don't know that fot "critique" something, one most mention what is good, what is bad and what you should change and no just say "Is Overallbad", then we don't have nothing to talk about

I will give you an example witj yours:

The good: I really like the color and the proportion the dress have, the mix of light and shadow is very well placed

The bad: The expresion is very rigide, like one friend told me before, the femeale faces must be very gentle and no to tosk, the eyes of a draw are the items how give it live, the eyes of you Nanoha not have to much life

What I should change: First of all, don't draw it in a notebook page, and less in School! I should give more light and proportion in the eyes, as an advice to you, the distance betwwen the eyes is the same as the lengt of them, and also give resolution and light to the cryes
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 00:50   Link #13464
Nei Tsukishime

Send a message via ICQ to Nei Tsukishime Send a message via MSN to Nei Tsukishime
Quote:

If you don't know that fot "critique" something, one most mention what is good, what is bad and what you should change and no just say "Is Overallbad", then we don't have nothing to talk about

The good: I really like the color and the proportion the dress have, the mix of light and shadow is very well placed

The bad: The expresion is very rigide, like one friend told me before, the femeale faces must be very gentle and no to tosk, the eyes of a draw are the items how give it live, the eyes of you Nanoha not have to much life

What I should change: First of all, don't draw it in a notebook page, and less in School! I should give more light and proportion in the eyes, as an advice to you, the distance betwwen the eyes is the same as the lengt of them, and also give resolution and light to the cryes
Well, thanks for the critique.
Actually, I mostly draw in school and then edit it in photoshop, some CG and all. But you were so determined to see my work, so that's what i dug out fastest.
The fact that "female faces should be gentle" most of the time, yes. And in your picture Nanoha's face is far from being feminine, or gentle.

Also, you have a lot to change in your work, such as proportion, anatomy, facial expressions and much more. You should improve your photoshop skills before actually working with it.

P.S: if the eyes or the fact that it is drawn in a notebook is what bothers you, I still don't think it's enough to "not know how to draw".
Old 2008-03-06, 00:54   Link #13465
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:

Ok both of you, cool your heads. Don't go off on a wild tangent which could escalate into something that no one here wants to happen. Last thing I'd want to see is either of you guys get banned from the forums.

Secondly, when you critique someone, you don't go outright and say, "It's overall bad." If anything, you should be saying something along the lines of, "Good try, but it's really lacking in certain areas. *and goes on to list off the flaws*"

Thirdly, although yes it may or may not have offended you, you first of all, don't go challenging other people's artwork right off the bat. Rather see what others have to say, otherwise you'd either be embarrassing yourself, or worse, make something out of nothing that would escalate into some very drastic measures that the Mods would have to take.

Now with that aside, I suggest you guys cool your heads and discuss the issue in a civilized manner. Or better yet, just drop the subject, and move on. What's been done cannot be undone, but we can at least stop any further damage by either leaving this as is, or we continue this in a peaceful manner, without throwing verbal jabs or insults at one another.
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 00:57   Link #13466
Nei Tsukishime

Agreed. But I remember how several pages ago no one responded to his work, which made him upset. So if I responded and said something, I don't think he should go and explode on me.
Old 2008-03-06, 01:00   Link #13467
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Ok both of you, cool your heads. Don't go off on a wild tangent which could escalate into something that no one here wants to happen. Last thing I'd want to see is either of you guys get banned from the forums.

Secondly, when you critique someone, you don't go outright and say, "It's overall bad." If anything, you should be saying something along the lines of, "Good try, but it's really lacking in certain areas. *and goes on to list off the flaws*"

Thirdly, although yes it may or may not have offended you, you first of all, don't go challenging other people's artwork right off the bat. Rather see what others have to say, otherwise you'd either be embarrassing yourself, or worse, make something out of nothing that would escalate into some very drastic measures that the Mods would have to take.

Now with that aside, I suggest you guys cool your heads and discuss the issue in a civilized manner. Or better yet, just drop the subject, and move on. What's been done cannot be undone, but we can at least stop any further damage by either leaving this as is, or we continue this in a peaceful manner, without throwing verbal jabs or insults at one another.
O.K. I'm really sorry (We the Mexicans are used to break mouths first and ask questions latter ) But you should understand that I pass almost like one week making that draw, and the fact that somebody just say "Is overall bad" make me get really anger, and inside me was just like a stab in my heart.

I asure you and all in this thread that this will not happen again, at least for my side
Evil Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 02:12   Link #13468
Nagumo
Random Translator

Request!

I am looking for a numbers 4 koma that goes by the month and shows something cute done by the numbers.

I don't feel like searching the pages for it. I'm just missing month 7.
Old 2008-03-06, 02:31   Link #13469
hoshiakari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ly'iol View Post
/r/equesting a specific picture:

-Its Fate (normal barrier jacket) holding a zamber (zamber is kinda slung across her shoulders)
-picture is a black sketch (probably drawn on a computer, not with a pencil) with a plain white background
-it is not a coloured picture
-picture looks something like this (obviously i can't draw very well):

I actually wasted like 4 hours flipping through this thread from like page 250 to 630 trying to find this picture. If you have it saved then it would be appreciated if you could post it for me. I would be able to sleep a happy man!

eternal gratitude in advance.
hoshiakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 04:12   Link #13470
laikaken

hullo, guys. somewhat new here. been spending my time lurking and going through everything to fish out nanoha art (im somewhere on page 300+ ... @_@) ... i was planning not to post until i was done.

but i didnt... so here i am. cheated also by peeking at the last few pages.

anyway does anyone have a link to the continuation of the nanoha-evangelion doujin? if its already available, that is.

as thanks, here's a quick doodle by me. (i think BPHaru posted my first ever fanart somewhere here...)
Spoiler for nano x fate:

oh and...

Spoiler for shameless plug:

hello again to everyone
laikaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 05:01   Link #13471
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
You mean this?

Spoiler for Nanoha:

Quite the appropriate the timing for this request. Genderbend the entire nanoha cast and turn all the yuri pairings on their head for some yaoi..

Prominently, male Nanoha and Fate doing this and that...like BUNNIES! Oh the horrors!
The Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya Nanoha Takamachi? Yagami Hayate is an androgynous name, but Fate might have to be called Ferrari T Hallaoun...

Will we also get Kronoko, Acua and Yuuna as well?
Old 2008-03-06, 05:22   Link #13472
astranagun

astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 05:41   Link #13473
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astranagun View Post
Hot. Over-detailed just a little at the base of the skirt (contrasts a little heavily with everything else's detail level), but HOT.
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 05:50   Link #13474
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshiakari View Post
Spoiler for size:
GAR Fate (is that possible? or is she the Black Devil?) by any chance? That's a cute image~

Quote:
Originally Posted by laikaken View Post
Spoiler for nano x fate:

oh and...

hello again to everyone
How could not I bookmark your Web/DeviantArt?! That NanoFate image is just awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by astranagun View Post
Spoiler for size:
Unlimited RH works?
Old 2008-03-06, 05:55   Link #13475
Jimmy C

Just Blaster Mode, Level 3
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 06:43   Link #13476
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Spoiler for Rant:

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 07:09   Link #13477
Vivio Testarossa
I'm Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Correction, all things suit Fate, always. I get a headache everytime someone rants on about Fate not looking good with breasts. Lies I say!
So you don't like LOLI Fate?

Spoiler for Images:

Thank for help with signature Evil Rick.
Vivio Testarossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 07:15   Link #13478
Reiya
*Artist

Quote:
oh and...

hello again to everyone
Welcome here laikaken-san ^^

Aww.. that's so cute ^^ Ive just saw your website and yay!! more NanoFate goodies , your fanarts are really awesome and adorable (I hope I can color too ;___; ) ^^ , but for some reason ... Subaru X Teana needs some love though , 7arcs haven't drew them recently these days XD *saves the link/bookmark* ^^ , keep up a good work ^^ , Iba ka sa lahat
Reiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 08:28   Link #13479
Satashi
Vividly Vivio
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Satashi
Quote:
hullo, guys. somewhat new here. been spending my time lurking and going through everything to fish out nanoha art (im somewhere on page 300+ ... @_@) ... i was planning not to post until i was done.

but i didnt... so here i am. cheated also by peeking at the last few pages.

anyway does anyone have a link to the continuation of the nanoha-evangelion doujin? if its already available, that is.

as thanks, here's a quick doodle by me. (i think BPHaru posted my first ever fanart somewhere here...)
Spoiler for nano x fate:

oh and...

hello again to everyone
your art is spectacular! I don't know what to say other than "wow" haha.

Keep up the great work!
Satashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-06, 08:52   Link #13480
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:

Spoiler for nano x fate:

oh and...

hello again to everyone
*phew* your really good . OH yes relating to the MSLN/EVA doujin. I don't think there are any translations out there because I did a search. I'm considering translating the doujin when I get our group's current doujin project (translating) done and after everyone (in our group) has free time lol.

Actually I wonder call the spoiler a shameless plug because you have a reputation on the internet that is good and I didn't know you had a deviant art account.
Spoiler for Off topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivio Testarossa View Post
So you don't like LOLI Fate?
I don't think so Vivio . I myself like young Fate because she's adorable including Nanoha, Arisa, Suzuka and Vita. Hell I love most of the characters in MSLN (in general)!

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw