AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-12, 15:47   Link #61
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
I laughed hard at the way she handled the "challenge".
Especially with the stylized calligraphy and medieval BGM

That guy is pretty persistent, however even if he suceeds in getting a date - he'll still have to knock some sense in that airhead. I cant imagine anyone dating Kana and live to tell about it.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 16:18   Link #62
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
So does anyone have an idea of how to watch the file in a different font? Right now I'm using VLC which overrides it but the subs support sucks.

EDIT: Never mind, subtitles on VLC takes up HALF of the screen, so I can't watch this. I guess I'll just wait for Ayako, although I do appreciate the effort of the fansubber.

UPDATE: You can use the DirectVobSub option and play it in Windows Media Player to change the text to Arial....

Last edited by KholdStare; 2007-10-12 at 16:30.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 16:42   Link #63
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Ouch, I just downloaded the WallSub-Anon version to see what everyone was talking about (I downloaded the other Anonymous version while another staff member added the WallSub version to the site). I can't understand how the guy/gal who created the WallSub-Anon version did not notice the colors are completely unusable (not to mention pretty huge).

Since the first Anonymous version is now properly seeded anyway (afaik), I've added that version instead and marked the other one was inactive.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 17:13   Link #64
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

I would just like to add that I love the OP and ED...really catchy music.
Old 2007-10-12, 17:40   Link #65
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I use ZoomPlayer and there is a right-click menu there (Filter Properties>Direct VobSub) that allows you to alter the font and colors of the subs. Worked for me, anyway.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 19:07   Link #66
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Just to update, on a different computer with the latest CCCP and playing with MPC I still have the problem with the subs on the WallSub-Anon version. So I suggest getting the Anonymous version that's now listed here (thanks, GHDpro!). Or if you can hold out, some other group is bound to do a hard or soft sub with a more 'pleasing' font (and translated OP and ED). Me, I prefer this simple black outlined sub.

Oh, I probably should mention something about the show itself: poor Fujioka, he's the unwitting pawn in the strange sisterly struggle between the hyper and gullible Kana and the level-headed but manipulative Chiaki. He doesn't seem like the take charge kind of guy - leaving a letter for a confession meeting (that got horribly twisted out of it's original intent) in Kana's shoe box instead of talking to her directly. I can imagine if his true feelings were ever to get through to her that any resulting relationship would be as wild as a ride on NASA's 'Vomit Comet'.

Last edited by Willen; 2007-10-12 at 19:55. Reason: clarity and spelling errors
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 19:44   Link #67
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willen View Post
Just to update, on a different computer with the latest CCCP and playing with MPC I still have the problem with the subs on the WallSub-Anon version. So I suggest getting the Anonymous version that's now listed here
Yes, just for the record: the system I tested with is a 2-week old Vista HTPC with only CCCP installed; no other codecs have ever been installed. And CCCP has been specifically designed to work well with anime fansubs; so I expect the reverse from fansub groups IMHO. Basically if your release isn't at least compatible with CCCP you're alienating a HUGE chunk of the anime fansub fanbase.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 20:13   Link #68
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Hmmm I dunno works fine for me.

Ah anyway this sucks now there seems to be another extremely enjoyable series that ill have to follow this season.

Like others said earlier all I could think was..."God its like what-if Miu grew up into a middle schooler" haha. But aside from her obvious antics the whole thing was really enjoyable in a mellow way. Time really did fly by and I felt myself wondering is it over already by the time the ED hit.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 21:13   Link #69
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Upon viewing I discovered that the comparisons to Ichigo Mashimaro were very appropriate.

The Minami-ke manga didn't remind me of IM, except perhaps for the "slow, slice-of-life" feel. The anime's style certainly does, though, up-to-and-including the much overused teardrop shape mouths.

I think the occasional dramatic presentation and energy it's using can be really good, but only if they're not bringing us Miu Version Two.

In exchange for gaining that, some of the delicate, peaceful feel from the manga has been lost. Some other changes irk me, as well: All the girls appear much older here (it seems like the anime designs substitute "cute" for "youthful"), and Haruka becomes "super-oneesama", losing her sensuality and her very teenager-like attitude and flaws.

One thing from the I don't mind missing in the anime are the panty-shots. Geez.

If it hits a stride, it could really be very good. If not, it will still be a nice diversion.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 21:27   Link #70
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

I forgot to give my thoughts about this episode because of the problems with the subs. Oh well.

Anways, I find it really enjoyable. It's similar to Ichigo Mashimaro, but it's more on the comedy side then the slice-of-life side. I'm not that big on comedy without romance, but this series has so far impressed me, so I hope it will continue to do so.

And did I tell you? The OP is awesome.
Old 2007-10-12, 23:52   Link #71
U<3Anime
Boo!

Can someone help me make an avatar gif of Kana wiggling her pony tails around? >_<
Old 2007-10-13, 00:23   Link #72
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hmm... watched the first episode and I throughfuly enjoyed it. Maybe it's because I haven't watched Ichigo Mashimaro before, or I hadn't read the manga before so I arrived to the show without any expectations. And that worked for me. The characters where enjoyable, the situations were right on the comedy (for me), so this episode was a blast IMHO. Well probably because I normally loathe comedy romance, so I have barely watched much comedy before (apart from AD, LS and OHC) so I haven't grown tired from the normal archetypes yet.

Having low or no expectations really helps you know

Last edited by Proto; 2007-10-14 at 16:55.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 00:24   Link #73
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
Haruka becomes "super-oneesama", losing her sensuality and her very teenager-like attitude and flaws.
Nonsense, they just didnt get to those chapters yet. She sure doesnt have teenager attitude all the time, only in chapters actually focused on her.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 09:08   Link #74
Kyuusai
9wiki
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Kyuusai Send a message via MSN to Kyuusai Send a message via Yahoo to Kyuusai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnot View Post
Nonsense, they just didnt get to those chapters yet. She sure doesnt have teenager attitude all the time, only in chapters actually focused on her.
Well, I certainly have my hopes that we'll see that in the later episodes, but I wonder how well it will come across considering how she's been portrayed until now. Granted, there hasn't been much opportunity until now, but the manga material with her in it that they did cover in this episode had some subtle clues that really didn't make the transition.
Kyuusai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 14:38   Link #75
Caldron
Aria feels good....

Location: In my cube (it looked kinda rectangular though, he says)...
The first episode was amazing imo ^^
That's a good example of comedy
Also,
Spoiler for minami-ke 1st ep and FMP fumoffu 1st ep:

I can't wait for the next one

Caldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 17:56   Link #76
LustigerAstronaut

I think this will be my comedy show for this season (after Seto no Hanayome ended).
I find the three sisters very funny and they have unique personalities, the scenes in the second episode with their classmates were also very funny.
The second episode was in the first part Haruka centric (and her school), the second part was more about Chiaki and her class.
Chiaki really had me with her third riddle for Kana.

Spoiler for for riddle ep.2:
LustigerAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 22:06   Link #77
Rotary Knight

WOW
this anime is awesome.

It brings back the feelings I had when I first watched Lucky Star
Rotary Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 22:44   Link #78
Leedizzle

This show looks really promising. Reminds me of Ichigo Mashimaro in a way and if this is from the writer of Today in Class 5-2, I'm sure I will love this series also. The adult faces that they change into is also lulzy.
Leedizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 00:42   Link #79
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I like this title a lot. So far, this has been my favorite of the fall line-up that I've seen yet. I really think it's fun, and the OP theme is addicting to me. Normally, characters like Kana have me cringing but she was stupid w/out being a terrible nuisance. I'll be following this one and Shugo Chara.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 06:23   Link #80
aiiro
初音ミク

The episode 2 was fantastic.

I'll keep an eye on this anime to the last episode.
aiiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life