AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-07, 20:40   Link #1781
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Well, MS had played their exclusive trump cards of Halo and Gears series throughout the past few year and Sony is only starting to roll out theirs.

Now in regards to sales, SO4 didn't break any new ground set by Vesperia in the States. Whereas KZ2 is seeing good numbers.

We'll see how their numbers will add up after 2009 is done. Afterwhich FF XIII will be a major factor in deciding which of the console will be crown king in 2010.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 20:40   Link #1782
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
I'm baffled everytime I see someone whining about FF13 or Tekken going multiplat when they technically are not losing anything at all.
Me too. I can't help but stare and go 'uhm... so what are you guys angry about?'
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 20:47   Link #1783
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Now in regards to sales, SO4 didn't break any new ground set by Vesperia in the States. Whereas KZ2 is seeing good numbers.
All of the above are exclusives but in differrent category (rpg and fps?). >.<

I would've compared KZ2 with the likes of other 360 fps exclusives like Gears 2 or Halo 3. The recent Gears 2 already passed 2 million, KZ2 will most likely follow this number and please don't use vgchartz thats based only on estimate and instead use more legit sources like IGN, Bloomberg or Gamasutra when comparing numbers.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 21:16   Link #1784
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
All of the above are exclusives but in differrent category (rpg and fps?). >.<
At least this is an indication of whether the 360 had attract more RPG players and if the hype of KZ2 really delivers.

Quote:
please don't use vgchartz thats based only on estimate and instead use more legit sources like IGN, Bloomberg or Gamasutra when comparing numbers.
Can't find a better source, perhaps you can do the honour ? Will appreciate if you can shed light on the exact figures.
Old 2009-03-07, 21:24   Link #1785
TrueKnight

The best one is without doubt, the NPD Group, quoted by juggernauts alike such as: (i) CNBC, Bloomberg, as a valid source;(ii) Activision Blizzard, Sega and developers and publishers alike as a quotation in the their stakeholder announcement; (iii) Microsoft and Sony, to prove which company has the bigger dick, Nintendo is in the sidelines laughing.

http://www.npd.com/corpServlet?nextp...p_welcome.html

The problem is you have to subscribe and it's not cheap lol seeing their corporate rate.

If you want a gaming site which subscribes from and cooperates with NPD Group, then I recommend this,

www.gamasutra.com

All the numbers they posted are based on NPD's, not only that, you could find some of the scenario writers from the big top developers like Activision, Bioware or even Bethesda like to post there.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-07, 21:46   Link #1786
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Well, MS had played their exclusive trump cards of Halo and Gears series throughout the past few year and Sony is only starting to roll out theirs.

We'll see how their numbers will add up after 2009 is done. Afterwhich FF XIII will be a major factor in deciding which of the console will be crown king in 2010.
I get the impression that the majority of gamers in the States prefer FPS over RPGs. And the fact that Resident Evil 5 will be released less than a month after the release of SO4 for 60 bucks and that it has become a fact that the economy isn't doing any better after Obama took control; the unemployment rate had increased... Would there be a possibility that the majority of the X360 gamers saved their money for Resident Evil 5 instead of spending it on SO4?

Thus, the sales of SO4 in the States didn't do very well even after the new grounds set by Tales of Vesperia. Thanks to the high number of sales for Gears and Halo, as well as Killzone 2.. The long wait for Resident Evil 5 may erupt into a mass sale number in a few days from now. The least to say, this is what I am guessing..
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 00:09   Link #1787
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Something to keep the PS3 fans here happy, an analysis of the GoW III trailer shown a while back :-

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/46469.html
Old 2009-03-08, 08:49   Link #1788
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Thus, the sales of SO4 in the States didn't do very well even after the new grounds set by Tales of Vesperia. Thanks to the high number of sales for Gears and Halo, as well as Killzone 2.. The long wait for Resident Evil 5 may erupt into a mass sale number in a few days from now. The least to say, this is what I am guessing..
One thing i learned last generation consoles, if a game doesn't sell well it is highly unlikely that it gets 2nd shipments or reprints. And if they get reprinted the price will be the original RRP, so i could only say, if SO4 's price drops in the next few weeks grab it, or you will be sorry. Thing happend with VC, a lot of people are actually still waiting for it to get pressed again, EU and NA.
Games like biohazard 5, Killzone 2 and other (over-) hyped games are likely to get overstocked, so if you like RPGs or unique games, but those first.

Why are we talking about 360 games here?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 09:04   Link #1789
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Lack of PS3 JRPG's to discuss, mostly.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 09:29   Link #1790
Sides

Lets see, we got
FolksSoul/Folklore
Enchant Arm/Enchanted Arms
Tears to Tiara
Agarest Senki
Disgaea 3
Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata
Senjou no Valkyria/Valkyria Chronicles
X Edge
White Knight Story
Demon's Souls

Almost 10 titles in 28 months, that's not bad. I reckon you could add some others titles like RGG:Kenzan, RGG3 and some others titles to it. I just counted 10 or 11 JRPGs on the 360 (probably miss a few), and that console had 12 months head start. So nope don't think there is a lack of jrpgs on the ps3, but in general yup, seems more and more less jrpgs are coming to homeconsoles.

Last edited by Sides; 2009-03-08 at 09:41.
Old 2009-03-08, 10:11   Link #1791
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Lets see, we got
FolksSoul/Folklore
Enchant Arm/Enchanted Arms
Tears to Tiara
Agarest Senki
Disgaea 3
Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata
Senjou no Valkyria/Valkyria Chronicles
X Edge
White Knight Story
Demon's Souls

Almost 10 titles in 28 months, that's not bad. I reckon you could add some others titles like RGG:Kenzan, RGG3 and some others titles to it. I just counted 10 or 11 JRPGs on the 360 (probably miss a few), and that console had 12 months head start. So nope don't think there is a lack of jrpgs on the ps3, but in general yup, seems more and more less jrpgs are coming to homeconsoles.
Folksoul is more an hack'n'slash than a JRPG.
Tears to Tiara was released in PAL region? Agarest Senki? X Edge? White Knight Story? If we have to include import titles (and not everybody knows japanese and is therefore able to play them) we might as well do the same with the 360 lineup, eh. Let's not turn this into an other useless list war, I'm talking about the western PS3 JRPG releases, that's what I am complaining about. And besides that the only worthy title in that list is Senjou no Valkyria (although I still have to get my hands on Demon's Souls, which I have some expectation for).
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 10:29   Link #1792
Sides

Quote:
Folksoul is more an hack'n'slash than a JRPG.
Tears to Tiara was released in PAL region? Agarest Senki? X Edge? White Knight Story? If we have to include import titles (and not everybody knows japanese and is therefore able to play them) we might as well do the same with the 360 lineup, eh. Let's not turn this into an other useless list war, I'm talking about the western PS3 JRPG releases, that's what I am complaining about. And besides that the only worthy title in that list is Senjou no Valkyria (although I still have to get my hands on Demon's Souls, which I have some expectation for).
Ok, but this is a ps3 thread, so a bit pro sony is a must, i'll do the same if it were either nintendo or 360 thread. The best thing about the ps3 is that it is the only one that has region free game support. But still i don't think it has a bad track record regarding jrpgs, problem is that western publisher don't see huge profit by localsing them.
Still waiting for my Demon's Souls copy to arrive ;_;
Old 2009-03-08, 10:49   Link #1793
kujoe
from head to heel

Actually, X Edge is coming in March. Demon Souls already has an English menu, so that one is just a matter of time. Both titles are kind of niche, but the latter has gained a cult following of sorts due to its old school style of difficulty. X Edge is just basically fanservice for fans.

On another note, Bioware's Dragon Age: Origins is apparently getting a multi-platform release (PC and console) with the PS3 possibly being the latest. A game like this is meant to be played on the PC (hint: mods and toolset), but then again some people might want to play it on their big shiny tv.

Last edited by kujoe; 2009-03-08 at 11:02.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-08, 13:13   Link #1794
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I'll get Dragon Age for PC (and eventually get chance to upgrade my current setup as well), I'm a purist for W-RPG and I prefer playing them on PC.
Old 2009-03-11, 02:44   Link #1795
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Seems like the Atelier series/Gust Corporation is moving to the PlayStation 3? I've only played Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana(never really tried to look for the 2nd/3rd) & Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis on the PS2 I finished in December actually... pretty good RPGs, seems like Gust is finally moving to T3h Next Gener@tion and decided the PS3?

Spoiler for scans:

Wonder now if Ar Tonelico III will do the same on the PlayStation 3. Oh and please be higher pixel quality please be higher pixel quality please be higher pixel quality don't be like NIS with Disgaea 3 ): not like it was a problem but it would be nice =D!

On a side note: My PlayStation 3(80GB w/BC) died/crapped itself a few days ago, XMB wouldn't load at all. So I decided to -hopefully- be fixed after reset the video settings but that just made it worse with nothing showing on the screen - After giving a call to SCEA seems like my PS3 firmware decided to kick me in the *****? Reinstalled/Recover Database and after that my PS3 started working again like new AND a lot faster loading(wtf) lol...
Old 2009-03-11, 17:20   Link #1796
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
Seems like the Atelier series/Gust Corporation is moving to the PlayStation 3? I've only played Atelier Iris: Eternal Mana(never really tried to look for the 2nd/3rd) & Mana Khemia: Alchemists of Al-Revis on the PS2 I finished in December actually... pretty good RPGs, seems like Gust is finally moving to T3h Next Gener@tion and decided the PS3?

Spoiler for scans:

Wonder now if Ar Tonelico III will do the same on the PlayStation 3. Oh and please be higher pixel quality please be higher pixel quality please be higher pixel quality don't be like NIS with Disgaea 3 ): not like it was a problem but it would be nice =D!

On a side note: My PlayStation 3(80GB w/BC) died/crapped itself a few days ago, XMB wouldn't load at all. So I decided to -hopefully- be fixed after reset the video settings but that just made it worse with nothing showing on the screen - After giving a call to SCEA seems like my PS3 firmware decided to kick me in the *****? Reinstalled/Recover Database and after that my PS3 started working again like new AND a lot faster loading(wtf) lol...
I hope Ar Tonelico III is on the PS3.

The artstyle kinda reminds me of Eternal Sonata for some reason. Some people have been speculating that they might make Atelier Ronora a 3D game in the likes of Eternal Sonata, which would be kind of cool though I kind of doubt it.
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-11, 23:05   Link #1797
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://n4g.com/gaming/News-292594.aspx

Driven by a strong lineup of softwares, the PS3 outsold everything else for the 2nd week straight in Japan. Also seems the effect of SO4 wears away as sales of the 360 drops and the game falling off the top 10.
Old 2009-03-12, 01:05   Link #1798
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:

Spoiler for scans:

Finally something worth looking forward to! I seriously hope this is a signal that more JRPG companies will get started with the PS3 (I'm looking at you, Atlus).
Old 2009-03-12, 01:24   Link #1799
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Finally something worth looking forward to! I seriously hope this is a signal that more JRPG companies will get started with the PS3 (I'm looking at you, Atlus).
Yeah I agree on both points. Definitely is something to look forward to and the more RPGs on the PS3 the better in my mind.
Old 2009-03-12, 02:08   Link #1800
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:

Spoiler for scans:

cute girls and cats, that is what we need
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
console, ps3, sony