AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-16, 18:17   Link #21
dajoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfi_1412
Lan Fan rocks! and does anyone knows how she can recognize Envy so easily? even though Envy transforms into a commoner and a dog

Remeber in chapter 37 Lan Fan said that he had the lives of a lot of people in him. So if she notices some form with more than one live in, its got to be a homoculus
Old 2004-08-16, 19:18   Link #22
from_the_sand
gomu gomu

Send a message via AIM to from_the_sand
just a comment about before.... i lnow iit was k ind of answered but, lust said it is the nulcleus of the homunculus, so their material follows it. also to the first comment (i think), according to lust's words, they wouldn't put a stone in a transmuted human, but rather use human materials around it (i think).
Old 2004-08-16, 21:00   Link #23
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Chi/Ki detection. Basically Xing was based on Chinese culture and Chinese culture being filled with martial arts that has been greatly exaggerated in the details of abilities and ki.

The tales of ki becomes such that highly skilled pugilist can detect/compare the ki of others. This device has been used in a lot of comics with martial arts. In fact, Dragon Ball used it greatly as well (though they made it into a quantised power level thingee).

So Lan Fan and Fu likely can detect the amount of life forces (associated with ki) around them and most likely, as Lan Fan had said, Envy has 20+ life forces contained just within him (as we now know is all likely due to the Philosopher's Stone as a heart/core/nucleus). It is not hard to find someone that contains 20+ life forces even in a crowd .
Old 2004-08-16, 21:02   Link #24
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Great read! Huge thanks from me for this chapter...

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-17, 11:17   Link #25
rorosama

why the hell was greed scared of that loser. All envy does is dodge and he wasn't even doing that well in this chapter. Kinda weird seeing the the 3 main homoculus getting their asses handed to them. I imagine ed and al could take them down 1 by 1 if they wanted. Also
Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-17, 12:50   Link #26
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

This chapter ended with another cliffhanger just like the previous one.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-17, 13:25   Link #27
slickrick23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorosama
why the hell was greed scared of that loser. All envy does is dodge and he wasn't even doing that well in this chapter. Kinda weird seeing the the 3 main homoculus getting their asses handed to them. I imagine ed and al could take them down 1 by 1 if they wanted. Also
Spoiler:

when was greed scared? i dont remember that ever in the manga yes in the anime but there different
Old 2004-08-17, 13:41   Link #28
ZeroKun

Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-17, 15:01   Link #29
wolfi_1412
kid(%)

after seeing the full face of Hohemheim, the 'father' in the manga might be him, u knw same 'antenna' same beard, face
Old 2004-08-17, 16:26   Link #30
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I always figured that the "father" was Hohemheim, but we'll see. I liked this chapter, but I hate cliff-hangers..
Old 2004-08-17, 18:18   Link #31
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattus
Spoiler:
hmm... I don't see it say anything that manga homunculus come from human transmutation failure... it only said that
Spoiler:

Quote:
Lan Fan rocks! and does anyone knows how she can recognize Envy so easily? even though Envy transforms into a commoner and a dog

well, it seems those Xing guys have some methods of detecting people by some kind of "chi energy" sorta like in dragon ball and martial arts novels... she can feel that there are "many people" inside envy, so despite his transformations, she can still pick him out easily.

Great chapter! GO Black Hayate GO!
Spoiler:
Old 2004-08-17, 18:36   Link #32
Dark Epyon
Useless Human

Send a message via MSN to Dark Epyon
Who do you think will die next after Hughs? I hope it's Cain he doesn't seem to do much.
Old 2004-08-17, 20:08   Link #33
wolfi_1412
kid(%)

um... I might've missed it.. who's Cain? dun remember him...
Old 2004-08-17, 21:08   Link #34
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattus
Hmm, manga homuncului do come from human transmutation failures then, but you have to stick the PS inside, rather than feed them red stones like the anime homunculi..
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
hmm... I don't see it say anything that manga homunculus come from human transmutation failure... it only said that
Spoiler:
For the manga, Homunculi are simply human constructs. Ed constructed one that was a total failure. Jude made one that turned out to be a shriveled mummy. In short, it is possible to construct Homunculi right from the start.

The 'Father' however came out with a design involving Philosopher's Stone and the use of his soul. What he constructed are another model of Homunculi or can be called 'Sins' (this term is not used in manga, it is for convenience that we can call them that). In no way was he using someone's 'failed transmutations'. What he made were successes (and he constantly improves on them too).

There is nothing yet that says that no one can construct a working Homunculus with a different method than the 'Father''s.

Kain Fuery is the bespectacled Sergeant. He's also Black Hayate's secondary carekeeper (well, he was the first one that found Hayate).
Old 2004-08-17, 22:43   Link #35
wolfi_1412
kid(%)

oh.. I see, so his first name is Kain, so... Father created homunculus from scratch? how? is it from equivalent trade? if so, what did he lose?
Old 2004-08-18, 00:40   Link #36
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
oh.. I see, so his first name is Kain, so... Father created homunculus from scratch? how? is it from equivalent trade? if so, what did he lose?
His mind, evidently.
Old 2004-08-18, 04:48   Link #37
Dark Epyon
Useless Human

Send a message via MSN to Dark Epyon
Quote:
I guessing he may not have lost anything as he is using the Philosopher's Stone to construct each homunculus we have seen so far. If I'm wrong then I think he lost parts of his body. Looks as if he is in a life-support system to me.
Old 2004-08-18, 08:13   Link #38
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

one thing I don't quite like in this chapter is the cliche the-villain-explain-everything-before-the-heroes syndrome...

about the Father creating homunculus... I guess the first question should be "what has the Father traded to obtain the philosopher's stones?"
Old 2004-08-18, 21:18   Link #39
wolfi_1412
kid(%)

um.. the Ishvaru war?
Old 2004-08-19, 10:47   Link #40
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Pride havent been created yet in the manga right?
if that's so then maybe they want the "sacrifice" to be a philosophers stone to create Pride?
Closed Thread