AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-29, 14:40   Link #5821
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
bleh it wouldnt matter if i type saiji right, i mean its just a question of first or last name plus tatemiya is longer >.>
You should probably leave it as tatemiya-san, since that is how it was in the original version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
o.0

I think Gunha might replace Touma as my favorite character if I can just know MORE about him!

I wanna read all about him TT.TT But epic ability he has- he is a true gemstone esper it looks like. But it's too bad Gunha doesn't know a certain idiot... But the meeting between two heroic personalities might destroy the world from sheer heroicness
Gunha and Touma teaming up against someone would be freaking awesome. They would make a epic duo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I'll add a few more bits:

Title of the story in chinese is 伪典•某自动贩卖机的存在证明

Almost nothing about the 6th Level 5 of Academy City is known to the general public, not even his/her ability name when the other Level 5s abilities such as Dark Matter or Mental Out is at least common knowledge. The 7th Level 5 (ie Sogiita Gunha) is the same, but this is only due to his ability being near-undefinable. People do know Gunha is supposedly really powerful, whereas the No.6 being powerful or not isn't even known.
My money is still on Aogami Pierce being the sixth level 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
or theres even the crazy possibility that tsuchimikado end as the double/triple-crosser lackey that ended up beign the mastermind behind everything.
I don't think tsuchimikado would end up being the big bad lol.
Old 2010-10-29, 14:41   Link #5822
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
You should probably leave it as tatemiya-san, since that is how it was in the original version.

Gunha and Touma teaming up against someone would be freaking awesome. They would make a epic duo.

Tsuchimikado and Revolver Ocelot are going to team up soon.
Old 2010-10-29, 14:52   Link #5823
pikachuwei

Quote:

nah dorm manager for 6th lvl 5 man

maybe shes another gemstome, with one of her powers being "hide AIM" so it seem slike shes a lvl 0
Old 2010-10-29, 14:54   Link #5824
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
nah dorm manager for 6th lvl 5 man

maybe shes another gemstome, with one of her powers being "hide AIM" so it seem slike shes a lvl 0
Rambo has a poster of the Dorm Manager on his wall.
Old 2010-10-29, 15:19   Link #5825
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
I'm starting to like Gunha as well. I love how Mikoto couldn't really do anything really damaging to him and how the dorm manager suddenly appeared and dealed divine punishment on them. I wonder who exactly the dorm manager is...
When I read the Flere's post making a comparison with Aqua my thought was.....she is friggin saint!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
By the way, was this the novel the Baccano!/Durarara!! author wrote?
Yes, this is.

BTW. I've read Shiage vs EquDark Matter, the guys wants to be Chuck Norris .

Quote:
Add Acqua and Accelerator who is pure smile now :heh.. The enemy would be beyond scared.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
The 11th District, at the cargo container storage area.
Spoiler for That fight:

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-10-29 at 15:49.
Old 2010-10-29, 16:08   Link #5826
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Spoiler for That fight:
Wait, what fight is this? Is it between Gunha and the Dark Matter guy?
Old 2010-10-29, 16:22   Link #5827
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Wait, what fight is this? Is it between Gunha and the Dark Matter guy?
It's between Gunha and Ollerus who's a magician with rather unknown skillz.
http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Ollerus <- read his profile and you will understand.
Old 2010-10-29, 16:32   Link #5828
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
It's between Gunha and Ollerus who's a magician with rather unknown skillz.
http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Ollerus <- read his profile and you will understand.
oooh, now I recognize it! I remember hearing about this fight- I'm waiting to see when it will be translated Hopefully with people returning after a long absence, it won't take that long before someone does.
Old 2010-10-29, 19:23   Link #5829
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

You think there will be a half-way point in this series?
Old 2010-10-29, 19:23   Link #5830
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Ollerus scares me. He beat Gunha so easily, and even then, he wasn't trying particularly hard.
Old 2010-10-29, 19:36   Link #5831
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

And he was using his shield as a sword (using a defensive spell as an offensive one).
He's Doing It Wrong, yet he still pwns Gunha.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-10-29, 19:42   Link #5832
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
You think there will be a half-way point in this series?
At the rate the author goes- Vol 22 will be the half-way point, if there is one at all. Index is such an open series, it's about impossible to end it on a very satisfying note for everyone.
Old 2010-10-29, 19:45   Link #5833
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
At the rate the author goes- Vol 22 will be the half-way point, if there is one at all. Index is such an open series, it's about impossible to end it on a very satisfying note for everyone.
just wondering cuz alot of the long ass mangas (bleach.naruto,OP) they all have had a halfway point, recently bleach and OP.

IDK its just a guess.
Old 2010-10-29, 19:46   Link #5834
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... Reading through the comments about Gunha, and suddenly I was reminded of something: I do know of Gunha being defeated by Ollerus (whatever the spelling is) due to a misunderstanding, but if I do recall it right he's also been done in by Touma as well for another misunderstanding? Can anybody confirm this for me? I'm afraid that I heard things wrong, so yeah.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-10-29, 19:50   Link #5835
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
... Reading through the comments about Gunha, and suddenly I was reminded of something: I do know of Gunha being defeated by Ollerus (whatever the spelling is) due to a misunderstanding, but if I do recall it right he's also been done in by Touma as well for another misunderstanding? Can anybody confirm this for me? I'm afraid that I heard things wrong, so yeah.
Gunha has never (canonically) met Touma- I think there are fan theories floating about that the two have met, and the reason why Gunha loves justice is because Touma Falcon Punch'd him, but it's fan theories.

I wish they would meet though- the two seem like they'd get along really well.
Old 2010-10-29, 20:05   Link #5836
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I'd like to see Gunha and Captain Falcon go at it.

So, if I'm not mistaken, there's still one more level 5 that hasn't even been mentioned right?
Old 2010-10-29, 20:17   Link #5837
outerelf

Yes, there is an empty level 5 slot- (and a lot of people fighting over who belongs in it; Aogami Pierce, or the Tokidowa Dorm Manager)
Old 2010-10-29, 20:33   Link #5838
Miraluka
Banned

I wonder what has Aleister in mind, Fiamma was wondering when he said something like "thats not the expression of someone who want to save the world"
Old 2010-10-29, 20:34   Link #5839
Asuras
Dictadere~!

*Tokiwadai.

Really, they consider her to be the potential 5? I'd think the school would learn of that already, and someone would mention it. Isn't Ao a 0 though?
Old 2010-10-29, 20:41   Link #5840
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
*Tokiwadai.

Really, they consider her to be the potential 5? I'd think the school would learn of that already, and someone would mention it. Isn't Ao a 0 though?
Sorry, me and names do not go along together.

Please remember that this dorm manager manages to cow *two* level 5's. Two. And then she could defeat a black ops team *by herself*. She also managed to send Gunha, who can easily overpower Mikoto, flying. If that's not a level five, then I don't know what is.

As for Aogami- his power level is never mentioned. People automatically assume its zero, but apparently, before Touma lost his memories, he considered asking Aogami for help- even after discarding Misaka as an idea.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen