AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-10, 11:01   Link #521
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
That be Gertrude. She can help.
Perfect. Now we have a gunship that can transport people too!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-10, 11:13   Link #522
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Quote:
Perfect. Now we have a gunship that can transport people too!
Mil Mi-26

Wouldn't that be better?

Question is... how the hell is that thing gonna have the permissions to fly over Tokyo? It'll also need to have some super far remote base, cause it's easy to track these Helis down....

Quote:
Van Helsing, huh? And she's got quite a handful of skills :3
Apart from ordinary behind the desk nerd skills I gave her... she only has the light magic (which as you've seen) fails at harming people... for now. 3 Skills? O.o

(I'm not taking in account personal defense with martial arts because 3/4 of the OCs here all know how to do that)

But yes... what other best partner to choose for your vampire boy/main love interest?
Old 2011-06-10, 13:16   Link #523
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Y'know, if Little Birds and Blackhawks are good enough for Delta Force and the Night Stalkers, why aren't they good enough for Butei? Both handle well and would attract somewhat less attention than a Hind - we already see that Butei in Tokyo has Blackhawks - or at least access to the same - and the JGSDF operates OH-6s as scout helicopters, so bringing in MH-6s is a possibility.

And if you need firepower, well there's always the Direct Action Penetrator variant of the Blackhawk, with miniguns and rocket launchers, as well as the AH-6, of course.

Side note: after recovering from his injuries sustained in Somalia, Michael Durant returned to service with the Night Stalkers, switching over to the AH-6.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-06-10, 13:31   Link #524
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Leave the Hind to the bad guys and Metal Gear Solid/Uncharted 2 style of epic boss battles.
Old 2011-06-10, 13:54   Link #525
Terminator98
*Author

I'm thinking of something as a mobile command base... not that sitting back at Tokyo Butei high with all the facilities is easier, but sometimes, there might be the need that the operator gets a gun and starts doing her job... also, having permanent access to databses in a car might be useful, thus why I think the two vehicles my Logi guy (Son of a rich guy...) will be these:

(Note, he's obsessed with BMWs... he's also got a similar catchphrase that he borrowed from a certain person...)

SUV (Modfied to have a control suite in the forward passenger seat, Connect member's there)
BMW X6

Sedan (Not as useful as the SUV... but he's crazy about it)
E60 M5

Spoiler for Some snippet I came up with while browsing around... dunno how it came though:

Quote:
Leave the Hind to the bad guys and Metal Gear Solid/Uncharted 2 style of epic boss battles.
Agreed
Old 2011-06-10, 14:18   Link #526
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Right. So. I wrote something again, with some inspiration spawning from the 'booru pages and a certain anime series. Take it as you will.

Spoiler for Untitled:
Old 2011-06-10, 14:40   Link #527
Terminator98
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
Right. So. I wrote something again, with some inspiration spawning from the 'booru pages and a certain anime series. Take it as you will.

Spoiler for Untitled:
You did NOT do that tempy. NOT. OMG
Old 2011-06-10, 14:42   Link #528
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Pretty sure I just did.
Old 2011-06-10, 14:44   Link #529
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
He did...

And i Like it
Old 2011-06-10, 15:28   Link #530
Terminator98
*Author

Yes. Awesome.

Mami-san DEFIED Cannon!
Old 2011-06-10, 19:07   Link #531
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Told you it be so awesome NO ONE can ignore it.
Old 2011-06-10, 21:26   Link #532
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

That is the craziest thing I just read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
Mil Mi-26

Wouldn't that be better?

Question is... how the hell is that thing gonna have the permissions to fly over Tokyo? It'll also need to have some super far remote base, cause it's easy to track these Helis down....
THAT is way too damn big! 90 troops inside, that is about a quarter size larger than a Chinook!

If the Butei could get a Super Puma/Blackhawk transporting Reki, an MI-24 shouldn't be a problem with regards to size since it is only 8 troops, and it is better with around 2000kg more max takeoff weight. The BH is for transport purposes while the Mi-24 is a dual-purpose helicopter, functioning as a gunship and as a transport.

As for housing, I was thinking of rooftop pockets that are run by the Logi department, or they are housed in Haneda Airport.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-10, 22:54   Link #533
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post

Spoiler for Untitled:
Two words.

Fuck. Yes.

It's the same amount of win as Side Dish and is that a Metal Slug I see? Win. Much win.

...uh, but technically Vulcan cannon should properly refer to the M61; however thanks to Gundam every Gatling gun is now called a Vulcan -_-

I also feel amused at how the Metal Slug keeps landing on Kyubey. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
THAT is way too damn big! 90 troops inside, that is about a quarter size larger than a Chinook!

If the Butei could get a Super Puma/Blackhawk transporting Reki, an MI-24 shouldn't be a problem with regards to size since it is only 8 troops, and it is better with around 2000kg more max takeoff weight. The BH is for transport purposes while the Mi-24 is a dual-purpose helicopter, functioning as a gunship and as a transport.

As for housing, I was thinking of rooftop pockets that are run by the Logi department, or they are housed in Haneda Airport.
....what part of Butei being Law Enforcement did you not understand? In the light of day, after some sleep time, I am reminded of Butei Law Section 9: No Killing. Using helicopter gunships in urban areas is a great way to increase collateral damage, both property and human, and result in much killing.

This isn't Iraq, this is Japan, even if violent crime is drastically on the rise. But consider - even BOPE don't use gunships when invading the favelas.

If any air support is even needed it's going to be a Blackhawk, or a Little Bird, carrying snipers, with possibly a machine gun at the most.

The other problem with a Hind is that it's iconic of the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan and thanks to the Rambo movies, iconic as the bad guy chopper. You roll downtown in pursuit of a suspect in one of those and you'll get much panic from the public.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2011-06-10 at 23:00. Reason: Replying to a poster who will ignore me.
Old 2011-06-11, 00:20   Link #534
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wait, suddenly there's a topic involving attack helicopters ? My turn to throw it out there!

HsAFH-11 (Six Wings) equipped with Flame Crash rounds
Old 2011-06-11, 00:30   Link #535
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wait, suddenly there's a topic involving attack helicopters ? My turn to throw it out there!

I lol'ed.

Not a attack helicopter actually, but a ground support helicopter with guided missile capabilities. So we can put in enemy walkers and killdozers for the S-class Butei to perform like Raiden - cyborg ninja style.

Old 2011-06-11, 01:19   Link #536
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

There was some talk of a Hind of transport and fire support. Furthermore, while the Hind does have troop transport capabilities, for the most part it is employed as a helicopter gunship.

The problem is that such things are overkill for Law Enforcement usage, and tend to cause tremendous collateral damage, and the chance of killing someone is very high, which conflicts with Butei Law Secion 9: NO KILLING.

And FFS what's wrong with Blackhawks and Little Birds? Again, if those are good enough for Delta, and the Night Stalkers, they are damned well good enough for Butei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I lol'ed.

Not a attack helicopter actually, but a ground support helicopter with guided missile capabilities. So we can put in enemy walkers and killdozers for the S-class Butei to perform like Raiden - cyborg ninja style.
*facepalms*

You're not listening to a single thing that's been said, are you? This is NOT a military paradigm. We are not hunting Joe Al Qaeda in the streets of Mosul or Terry Taliban out by Garmsir. We are Law Enforcement. We are Police. Our job is to arrest suspects alive and deliver them for trial so that the criminal justice system, flawed as it is, can deal with them. We do not kill them.

For God's sake, this world isn't as crapsack as Tropa de Elite. (Which, to be fair, is a more or less accurate representation of Brazil and the locals feelings.)

Also, where are you getting your walkers from? The same place as your mecha dragon? This isn't Metal Gear Solid.

Besides, there's enough cool toys in current existing hardware. All it needs is creativity in use.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-06-11, 01:39   Link #537
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
I've mostly washed my hands of this, but I do really have to question what fucking place armed gunships have in police work. It's about the same level of stupid as conducting traffic enforcement with an M1 Abrams.

Old 2011-06-11, 02:08   Link #538
Terminator98
*Author

Car chase with M1 Abrahms are awesome!

But coming back to a more serious point, the main reason I was thinking that putting in some sort of mecha wouldn't be too far off from RL.

The BigDog. One Could just pretend that the JSDF got some prototypes of em, engineered em to be bigger and meaner, added armor, a head for radar purpose, and so on, while guns are also added.

Then, we get some pissed off radical or I dunno, some extremist or power hungry guy that steals one of those mechs and threatens to do some SRS stuff with it.

As our Buteis were investigating on a previous case linked with that one....

YES.

But that's still a prototype only.
Old 2011-06-11, 02:15   Link #539
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Yeah, I say we stay in the believable level, none of those Arm Slave, Labors or Gundam mechs, or Railgun-style power-armors.

Sanae is enough of a gadgeteer genius to build scouting drones that can be useful for Informa and Connect students. Yes, I mean some of those babies. The gadgeteer perk is something she have inherited from her chinese american mom.
Old 2011-06-11, 02:27   Link #540
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Two words.

Fuck. Yes.

It's the same amount of win as Side Dish and is that a Metal Slug I see? Win. Much win.

...uh, but technically Vulcan cannon should properly refer to the M61; however thanks to Gundam every Gatling gun is now called a Vulcan -_-

I also feel amused at how the Metal Slug keeps landing on Kyubey. XD
Trust me when I say the gun is a three-barreled 12.6mm Vulcan. If you can find supporting evidence that the Metal Slug uses the M61 Vulcan, I'd love to see it.

Of course, I actually used the Slug Gunner here, and the original Slug Gunner has a 180mm main gun and 60mm MTS-S/A gatling gun. Being a fictional vehicle, I figure there's a bit of leeway with armaments, especially if it's a prototype.