AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-06, 10:59   Link #2561
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
But, if you guys are up for it... I like Tak's name suggestion.
Unless you prefer Takky's Love Shack.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 14:43   Link #2562
magnuskn

I'm all for it.
Old 2012-06-06, 17:20   Link #2563
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Unless you prefer Takky's Love Shack.
No.

No.

No.

No.

No.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 20:11   Link #2564
Darthtabby

I could go for "Takky's Love Shack." :lol: I'm not quite as big on "Shrine of the HOARY FROATING HEAD" because I don't want to restrict the discussion to just Kawamori series. I'm basically hoping for "A social group for members who know each other from the Macross subforum."
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 00:11   Link #2565
Tak

LOL, weren't we supposed to avoid being an elitist clique?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-06-07, 00:53   Link #2566
Darthtabby

I'd like to avoid coming across that way if possible, but on the other hand, "a social group for members who know each other from the Macross sub forum" is essentially an accurate description of what I've been hoping to create. (Granted we could probably narrow things in a little -while I'm not wanting to restrict it to just Kawamori series, I was thinking of this primarily for anime related discussion. I certainly don't want to be getting into political debates, for instance.) Let's face it, we're considering this because some of us want to discuss other series with the people we know from this subforum.

On another note, when I was wondering about names I considered suggesting "Elitist Clique." But I think I prefer "Takky's Love Shack." :lol:

Last edited by Darthtabby; 2012-06-07 at 01:07.
Old 2012-06-07, 01:10   Link #2567
magnuskn

Quite honestly, I've struck up online friendships here of which I'd hope that they would endure over many years. Lately it has been just a bit too quiet here on these subforums ( understandably so, given the lack of Macross news ), so I'd welcome a chance for a group where the people I know from here do hang out.
Old 2012-06-07, 06:32   Link #2568
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

No Takky's Love Shack, tho. Pretty please?

Old 2012-06-07, 09:10   Link #2569
Darthtabby

Only if you can come up with something better. :P

As for the purpose of the group, I'm primarily interested in anime related discussions, but I'm okay with a more general discussion group is that's what the rest of you want. I do suggest that our first batch of discussion topics in the new group include threads for Kawamori's current series and a "what are you watching this season" thread though.

Anyhow, it seems there's interest in this, the main things we need to finalise are who is creating this group, what it's going to be called and what the description should say.
Old 2012-06-07, 10:48   Link #2570
Tak

There is something amusing about witnessing an actual debate on whether or not to name a social group after my name...

We should just call it:

Takky's Band of Merry Fellows for Glorious Discussion on the Divinity of Anime Shenanigans

Aww shut up, that was a good name.

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2012-06-07 at 17:22.
Old 2012-06-07, 12:41   Link #2571
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Takky's Love Shack?

Oh my..
Old 2012-06-07, 17:56   Link #2572
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Oh, God... You guys have some serious issues.
By "you guys", I mean Tak, by the way.

Old 2012-06-07, 19:54   Link #2573
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

What is going on here? I decided to check to see if there were any updates... and i come back to see people talking about joining in on Tak's love shack...
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-08, 05:46   Link #2574
LoveMeKags
#1 Ranka Fan!!

A social group about Kawamori's series wouldn't be that bad an idea. Right now, he has multiple series airing. Macross Frontier ended but very close to Aquarion EVOL airing on TV and AKB0048 has started to air a few weeks back. It would be nice to discuss the shows in a general manner. Rather than start shipping wars in the respectable forum of EVOL, it would be nice to simple talk about the ups and downs of it as well as other anime in Kawamori's work.

(I, for one, am starting to notice a rather annoying pattern from MF to AE: both boys fall in love with a girl and fight the other boy for them. Alto and Brera have now become Kagura and Amata... and they're not even related. They just have dogfights over the girl just standing there. Although I always approved of Ranka allowing Alto to deal with Brera himself like a man, I personally never thought the fights got too far that she had to stop it. Now, the second movie is another story. Meanwhile, AE is the perfect example of a dogfight gone terribly wrong.)

As for things I've grown to dislike about AE in general, I'll save that for if we create this thread we're talking about.

On another subject, AKB0048 is fairly decent. The plot shakes around and it's hard to tell whether we will ever get serious episodes before the end of the series arrives (we're at 6 and they're 13 episodes total according to Wiki). Otherwise, the pacing is excellent.

Why can't he ever do that for series like MF and AE. Perhaps what he should do is lower the amount of characters and subplots to insert. Two times in the last year, the stories have been rushed: MF, the ending of the series, and the movies, which held even different plots; AE, the whole damn thing. There is no good pacing in the series as of late. Then, a small, meaningless series like AKB comes along and the pacing is top notch so far.

Someone explain to me why he never paces his series anymore?

I can think of two dynamically good paced series from him: SDF (DYRL) and SnA. (Plus was a tie for second, as its story was well paced.)
Old 2012-06-08, 13:24   Link #2575
Tak

Seeing how Takky's Love Shack is apparently less popular than expected, I say we stick with:

Glorious Council of the Magnificent TAKdom for the Beneficial Cultural-Exchange Discussion of Anime Shenanigans

It doesn't get any better than this!

And guess what, the title fits to the last word...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Oh, God... You guys have some serious issues.

As if the HORY FROATING HEAD doesn't already have some himself!

And what were we discussing? Oh yes, weirdness! Tis only fitting for an awesome title of a social group to correspond to such peculiar discussion!

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2012-06-08 at 13:59.
Old 2012-06-08, 14:38   Link #2576
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

You're scary, Tak. D8
Old 2012-06-08, 14:51   Link #2577
magnuskn

Well, how about "The Macross Forum Gentlebeings Society"?
Old 2012-06-08, 16:11   Link #2578
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, how about "The Macross Forum Gentlebeings Society"?
I thought of that too, but immediately scratched that idea. I guess I am trying to be inclusive for everyone, not just folks who came from here. At the same time, I want to create a specific social group to specifically discuss about weirdness with an equally weird, but easily memorable social group name to accommodate

- Tak

Old 2012-06-08, 16:19   Link #2579
Tak

Actually, I just created one:

http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=817

Come join and we can talk about the title of our group later

I don't think we should take anymore forum space.

- Tak

Old 2012-06-08, 17:07   Link #2580
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I was going to suggest using "Elitist Clique" but allow anyone in.

Tags
action, romance