AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-11-10, 05:43   Link #7501
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Would Houston even be in the running for Manziel though? They have two matches to play against Jacksonville and I doubt they'll lose though. Minnesota still have Seattle, Green Bay, Chicago, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Detroit. Considering their two wins were pretty darn close and they just leak point full stop no matter who they play, Minnesota will struggle to get more wins this year.

My other reasoning is a couple of college columns refered to Manziel as having some qualities similar to Frank Tankerton (mainly the ability [and his method] to avoid getting caught and then make something out of broken plays), a Viking who was a Hall of Famer. I just get this vibe that Minnesota and Manziel may cross paths pretty soon. I know that Frazier's job is on the line and he wants to win, but that defense just gets carved up each week.
Old 2013-11-10, 08:57   Link #7502
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Well I don't think Mariota is coming out this year anymore so I don't see a QB worth a top 2 pick other than Bridgewater.
Base on what I've seen, Mariota is a top ten pick. He had that hiccup in Stanford that dropped him a lot of spots, however he is a great prospect despite that. He has a high ceiling that some scouts said could match Luck or Bridgewater.

The issue coming out of the draft usually inclines to the player thinking he would get more development or winning a National Championship. I think Mariota will be in the draft next year becasue he is already an elite prospect and he will probably not win the national championship in the next two years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Mariota is faster and more athletic than RGIII? I think that might just be hyperbole my friend. Anyways, I like Mariota. Too bad he got hurt.
I think he was refering the Manziel rather than Mariota. While they are close, RG3's 40 yard dash was a 4.41 while Manziel was a 4.45. I think RG3 is more faster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Would Houston even be in the running for Manziel though? They have two matches to play against Jacksonville and I doubt they'll lose though. Minnesota still have Seattle, Green Bay, Chicago, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Detroit. Considering their two wins were pretty darn close and they just leak point full stop no matter who they play, Minnesota will struggle to get more wins this year.

My other reasoning is a couple of college columns refered to Manziel as having some qualities similar to Frank Tankerton (mainly the ability [and his method] to avoid getting caught and then make something out of broken plays), a Viking who was a Hall of Famer. I just get this vibe that Minnesota and Manziel may cross paths pretty soon. I know that Frazier's job is on the line and he wants to win, but that defense just gets carved up each week.
Houston may not be in the running position, but they have an elite defense. If they wish to part with one of their elite defense player and add in a draft pick or two, they will move higher in the draft. It is not always they are performing bad to gain an elite prospect. They can trade to get up.

Looking at the schedule, Minnesota will probably end up with the 3rd pick. Buccaneers is highly the first pick while the Jaguars are in the 2nd pick. Houston is right now in the 5th pick while New York is in the 4th pick.

I already said that I think the Jaguars should trade down if they are second overall, I think Mariota is a good player however, the Jaguars offensive scheme is not suited for Mariota. I think the Jaguars should wait in the second round to gain a polish prospect in Zach Mettenberger fro LSU. Of course the best thing is Bridgewater, however looking at it, the Buccaneers will have the first pick and will select him. The Jaguars offensive scheme works best with a pocket Quarterback, they are not asking an of their quarterbacks to run the read option or be a dual threat. Houston, Minnesota, Cleveland, and Philadelphia are on the hunt for a Quarterback. i hope the Jaguars will use this to their advantage to gain at least two more picks from them.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 14:46   Link #7503
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Tavon Austin could end up being the biggest bust of the 2013 draft
I guess Tavon is an AnimeSuki member that saw your comments and didn't appreciate them too much.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 15:58   Link #7504
GDB

Looks like the Jags are going to avoid 0-16. But will the Buccs?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 16:30   Link #7505
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Looking at the schedule, Minnesota will probably end up with the 3rd pick. Buccaneers is highly the first pick while the Jaguars are in the 2nd pick. Houston is right now in the 5th pick while New York is in the 4th pick.
Giants or Jets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Looks like the Jags are going to avoid 0-16. But will the Buccs?
And the Jaguars win their game of the season and with it goes their shot of getting first overall pick of the 2014 NFL draft. They beat the Titans 29-27.

And the Ravens VS Bengals go to overtime after an amazing TD catch by A.J. Green. And the Ravens win by an FG, 20-17.

Other ganes:
Rams beat the Colts 38-8. (How did this happen?)
Steelers beat the Bills 23-10.
Lions beat the Bears 21-19.
Eagels beat the Packers 27-13. (This was bound to happen with the Arron Rogers out and the back up QB Seneca Wallace leaving the game with an groin injury. Now I can see even more so the Packers bring back Matt Flynn.)
Seahawks beat the Falcons 33-10.
The Giants beat the Raiders 24-20. (After what I saw in the game today, Terrelle Pryor (despite having an injured knee) has shown signs of regression. If I continue to see this regression, I can see the Raiders considering drafting a QB or picking up a free agent QB this offseason.)

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-11-10 at 16:58.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 16:56   Link #7506
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Giants or Jets?

And the Jaguars win their game of the season and with it goes their shot of getting first overall pick of the 2014 NFL draft. They beat the Titans 29-27.

And the Ravens VS Bengals go to overtime after an amazing TD catch by A.J. Green. And the Ravens win by an FG, 20-17.

Other ganes:
Eagels beat the Packers 27-13. (This was bound to happen with the Arron Rogers out and the back up QB Seneca Wallace leaving the game with an groin injury. Now I can see even more so the Packers bring back Matt Flynn.)
The Giants beat the Raiders 24-20.
The New York Giants are in the 4th place in the draft.

Sadly yes, the Jaguars did win their games. There were people in my house cheering that they won like they were on cloud 9. My girlfriend made them come down to Earth quickly though. She is very scary that time, she told them that while we win a game we lost our best opportunity for the future.

Looks like my prediction is the best hope for the Jaguars. Trade down with either the Texans, Vikings, Eagles, and Brown. Let them get Mariota, we get their first round pick and a couple of more picks. Hopefully it is the Vikings so we can get Clowney.
Old 2013-11-10, 17:25   Link #7507
sky black swordman

Quote:
The New York Giants are in the 4th place in the draft.

Sadly yes, the Jaguars did win their games. There were people in my house cheering that they won like they were on cloud 9. My girlfriend made them come down to Earth quickly though. She is very scary that time, she told them that while we win a game we lost our best opportunity for the future.

Looks like my prediction is the best hope for the Jaguars. Trade down with either the Texans, Vikings, Eagles, and Brown. Let them get Mariota, we get their first round pick and a couple of more picks. Hopefully it is the Vikings so we can get Clowney.
I see and where are the Raiders, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-11-10 at 17:47.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-10, 17:51   Link #7508
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Giants or Jets?

Other ganes:
The Giants beat the Raiders 24-20. (After what I saw in the game today, Terrelle Pryor (despite having an injured knee) has shown signs of regression. If I continue to see this regression, I can see the Raiders considering drafting a QB or picking up a free agent QB this offseason.)
The Rams found the right way to use Tavon Austin. They put him in space and let his speed do the rest.
Old 2013-11-10, 18:03   Link #7509
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I see and where are the Raiders, if you don't mind me asking?
Currently they are in the 10th place in the draft.

Currently the draft appears to be First the Buccaneers, 2nd the Jaguars, 3rd is the Vikings, 4th is the Giants, 5th is the Texans, 6th is the Steelers, Falcons at 7th, Bills at 8th, 9th is the Rams, and finally the Raiders.
Old 2013-11-10, 18:26   Link #7510
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Mariota is faster and more athletic than RGIII? I think that might just be hyperbole my friend. Anyways, I like Mariota. Too bad he got hurt.
I was clearly talking about Manziel.

Quote:
Base on what I've seen, Mariota is a top ten pick. He had that hiccup in Stanford that dropped him a lot of spots, however he is a great prospect despite that. He has a high ceiling that some scouts said could match Luck or Bridgewater.

The issue coming out of the draft usually inclines to the player thinking he would get more development or winning a National Championship. I think Mariota will be in the draft next year becasue he is already an elite prospect and he will probably not win the national championship in the next two years.
Mariota is a top prospect because of his physical gifts. Gabbert was also a top prospect because of his physical gifts. He's not polished or NFL ready at all. I wouldn't draft him for our team.

Quote:
I think he was refering the Manziel rather than Mariota. While they are close, RG3's 40 yard dash was a 4.41 while Manziel was a 4.45. I think RG3 is more faster.
They're about the same speed in terms of straight ahead running but Manziel is more agile and quicker and has better balance.

Quote:
Houston may not be in the running position, but they have an elite defense. If they wish to part with one of their elite defense player and add in a draft pick or two, they will move higher in the draft. It is not always they are performing bad to gain an elite prospect. They can trade to get up.

I already said that I think the Jaguars should trade down if they are second overall, I think Mariota is a good player however, the Jaguars offensive scheme is not suited for Mariota. I think the Jaguars should wait in the second round to gain a polish prospect in Zach Mettenberger fro LSU. Of course the best thing is Bridgewater, however looking at it, the Buccaneers will have the first pick and will select him. The Jaguars offensive scheme works best with a pocket Quarterback, they are not asking an of their quarterbacks to run the read option or be a dual threat. Houston, Minnesota, Cleveland, and Philadelphia are on the hunt for a Quarterback. i hope the Jaguars will use this to their advantage to gain at least two more picks from them.
The Bucs could always end up drafting Clowney if Glennon continues to play well. Clowney is still the undisputed top prospect in this draft and if they have a serviceable QB they may decide to forgo getting Bridgewater and get the best player instead.
Old 2013-11-10, 18:30   Link #7511
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Fuck, win or lose, Panthers' D is legit.

Offense needs some work, though.
Old 2013-11-10, 19:08   Link #7512
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

YES, MOTHERFUCKER, YES!!

Tried so hard to give that game away.
Old 2013-11-10, 19:40   Link #7513
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Mariota is a top prospect because of his physical gifts. Gabbert was also a top prospect because of his physical gifts. He's not polished or NFL ready at all. I wouldn't draft him for our team.
That is what I am saying, that the Jaguars shouldn't draft him. Jedd Fisch Offensive Scheme works best for a highly aware pocket Quarterback that can quickly analyze the defense quickly due to Jedd Fisch no huddle offensive scheme he tried earlier.

Rather then draft him, the Jaguars should take advantage of teams that do want him. The Eagles are at the top who want Mariota. Chip Kelly's offense seems to suit him, but the Eagles are in the middle of the draft. The Vikings seems to be also in the hunt for Mariota as well, they are the more ideal suit to trade down with because it is only a draft spot down. They get their Quarterback while the Jaguars get another player (Hopefully Clowney) and more draft picks. .
Quote:
The Bucs could always end up drafting Clowney if Glennon continues to play well. Clowney is still the undisputed top prospect in this draft and if they have a serviceable QB they may decide to forgo getting Bridgewater and get the best player instead.
I am not fully sold on Glennon. It is a kind of thing to discuss after the season is over. Its a 50 and 50 chance, if they do select Clowney, it is still a win for the Jaguars to get Bridewater so either situation can work.
Old 2013-11-10, 20:12   Link #7514
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

If we don't get the first pick I would do the second option. Vikings will definitely be looking for a QB and trading one spot with them for an extra second or third round pick couldn't hurt since we wouldn't draft Mariota anyway. But, this is assuming Mariota comes out at all this year.

We're still in the hunt for the number 1 pick. I feel like the Bucs will win tomorrow night. Hopefully we go 2-14 or 1-15 and they go one above us. They have enough talent and home games against mediocre teams to get it done. And of course like you said hope Glennon does well the rest of the year so them drafting a QB becomes a moot factor.

I think guy a lot of people are overlooking right now is Bryce Petty though. He's draft eligible this year and if you look at what he's done at Baylor he's been every bit as good as Jameis Winston his first full season playing in college. He's completing 69% of his passes, is averaging 13.2 yards an attempt, has 29 total touchdowns and only 1 interception and a passer rating of 210.6. He's 6'3'' 230. And he can run. I have no idea why no one is talking about him seriously. Is he not eligible for 2014? He should be since he's a junior. If he comes out I think we should draft him.
Old 2013-11-10, 21:22   Link #7515
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
If we don't get the first pick I would do the second option. Vikings will definitely be looking for a QB and trading one spot with them for an extra second or third round pick couldn't hurt since we wouldn't draft Mariota anyway. But, this is assuming Mariota comes out at all this year.

We're still in the hunt for the number 1 pick. I feel like the Bucs will win tomorrow night. Hopefully we go 2-14 or 1-15 and they go one above us. They have enough talent and home games against mediocre teams to get it done. And of course like you said hope Glennon does well the rest of the year so them drafting a QB becomes a moot factor.

I think guy a lot of people are overlooking right now is Bryce Petty though. He's draft eligible this year and if you look at what he's done at Baylor he's been every bit as good as Jameis Winston his first full season playing in college. He's completing 69% of his passes, is averaging 13.2 yards an attempt, has 29 total touchdowns and only 1 interception and a passer rating of 210.6. He's 6'3'' 230. And he can run. I have no idea why no one is talking about him seriously. Is he not eligible for 2014? He should be since he's a junior. If he comes out I think we should draft him.
Yes, Mariota is not a sure thing, but he is very likely to be in the draft. I find it extremely unlikely that he would stay for another year or so. He would be in the middle of the first round next year or worst second round if he stayed. He would lose a lot of money, not a smart move.

Bryce Petty is eligible for 2014, many draft boards listed him as a 2015 prospect? Can you share us the link of your information?
Old 2013-11-10, 21:44   Link #7516
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

No particular links, if you just search him most people don't talk about him in the 2014 draft even though he's eligible. Here are his stats from ESPN

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...46/bryce-petty

If you compare them to RGIII in his last year at Baylor he compares very favorably and he has the highest passer rating of all the QBs eligible for this draft.
Old 2013-11-10, 21:46   Link #7517
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Old 2013-11-10, 22:25   Link #7518
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The most likely answer is the pure college style offense he runs. Art Briles offense is going to generate numbers no matter what. There have been many QB that have put up insane numbers (a whole bunch of Hawaii QBs like Timmy Chang or Colt Brennan, Kliff Kingsbury when he played, or the Boise St QBs under Chris Petersen like Kellen Moore in wonky offenses then not get a sniff in the NFL.

Hell, look at Case Keenum, he threw 48 touchdown passes his senior year at Houston, yet went undrafted.

But that's just a guess. I'm not a scout, so I don't what made Robert Griffin stand out in that system. I haven't seen Baylor play, so maybe Petty lacks arm strength or something, I don't know. But I do know that when dealing with certain system, draft stock is more than just about the numbers.
Old 2013-11-10, 22:42   Link #7519
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Petty has a great arm. Better than RGIII imo. I know systems mean a lot, it's why I'm not hot on Mariota, but everything I see from Petty makes me think he's a great NFL talent and only behind Bridgewater in this draft. Here's a write up on Petty.

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft...-prospect.html
Old 2013-11-10, 23:15   Link #7520
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Heck of a defensive struggle in San Francisco. Well done, Carolina. They are now a legit chance for the playoffs and Seattle just got gifted some major breathing space in the chase for the #1 seed.

Good on Tavon Austin. Hopefully the Rams can give him the chance to do that regularly.

Jacksonville get a win - at least they avoid the winless season for the sake of pride. But I seriously hope it doesn't ruin their chances of getting Bridgewater.

Foles has to be the starting QB for Philadelphia now, surely? 16 TDs and 0 INTs? He's been far more capable of Chip Kelly's offense than Vick. Green Bay just can't catch a break...injury is just derailing their season.

Arizona beat Houston...?? How is it Houston couldn't contain Carson Palmer, who's bean an INT clinic for most of the season? Arians was clearly the right choice of coach, he has Arizona at 5-4 despite major weaknesses.

Christ, New Orleans are carving up Dallas. Not to mention Dallas's defense is dropping like flies...Lee out of the game, Ware virtually on one leg, others have fallen. Kenny Stills is one of the steals of the draft - damn, that guy is a major deep ball threat. New Orleans set an NFL record for first downs in a normal-length game into a 49-17 victory. That game was just a procession...Brees just did whatever the hell he wanted. And damn, did Rob Ryan make Dallas pay for cutting him - he had the measure of Dez Bryant and co. all night...

Heard some rumblings about coaches for next year. Do you guys think Jack Del Rio and/or the younger Gruden brother would be head coaches next year?

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2013-11-10 at 23:45.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports