AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 63 42.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 29.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 6.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.36%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 5.44%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-13, 20:24   Link #181
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
A 12-14 year old can definitely commit arson. We already have them committing murder. Nanaka, Shuri, Shuusuke, and Aoi have lived together since they were little. Why is it illogical for Aoi to be at Nanaka's house?

Random note: You were right about Shuri working there first. But Asami didn't join because she realized Shuri was working there, Shuri invited her.
But that would be an example of a forced plot twist for the sake of a plot twist because its not believable that a 12 year old WOULD do that. A lovesick lesbian sounds a lot more reasonable and shouldn't be called completely forced. Also, (just watching the ep now) the into clearly shows Asami crying in front of the twins. i could go back and rewatch the series and note every instance of a hint but i think that would be pointless.
Old 2007-12-13, 20:29   Link #182
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
But that would be an example of a forced plot twist for the sake of a plot twist because its not believable that a 12 year old WOULD do that. A lovesick lesbian sounds a lot more reasonable and shouldn't be called completely forced. Also, (just watching the ep now) the into clearly shows Asami crying in front of the twins. i could go back and rewatch the series and note every instance of a hint but i think that would be pointless.
Why is it unbelievable? Have you checked the news in real life? Teenagers committing murder, 10-years-old having sex in school, and those other twisted news. A fire is perfectly easy to cause. A match, a flamethrower, a bomb, etc.

Asami crying in the OP - I was wondering why no one seemed to mention it... Crying in front of the twins mean nothing... Especially in the OP. Because I guess the show will end with a concert.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-13, 20:33   Link #183
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Actually, i could see the last episode being a time skip and having everyone come back to play a benifit for the park that they were trying to save. Im actually wondering why with all the music reference the only mention of it in the show was the song they played once and Nanaka's violin.

And can you honestly say you would be more shocked and confused by a pissed teenager getting mad at being rejected or a 10 year old kid burning a neighbors house? Sure, things like that happen in real life, but one is an everyday (maybe not everyday because its lesbians, but its not overly uncommon) compared to front page news.
Old 2007-12-13, 20:35   Link #184
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I'm going to give this episode a 9, because I found it to be an entertaining and nice episode to watch, and seemed a bit more streamlined than a lot of the episodes 1-9. And Asami is a lesbian? I did not see that coming.

I just feel like this anime is doing all that it can in 13 episodes. Knowing what I do now, it could have definately used another 11 to slow down the pacing, increase some build ups, and expand some arcs. Like, I'm sure Aoi has more of a story than just being a charecter with a squeeky voice, and there's definately more to the teacher than she just handed out caramel as rewards. And I think the anime put Hinako in because they were planning on having her as a charecter, but they realized they just didn't have the time to include it in. That is probably why Asami's confession seemed so random, and a bunch of characters seem underdeveloped. Heck, it is still hard to grasp Sana's personality.

It was a great episode, but this series is too short for what it is trying to accomplish. It's probably to promote the game, but still, I'd like to have a full adaptation.
That's what I exactly think. You beat me

It seems like if they're searching for what they haven't lost.
Old 2007-12-13, 20:40   Link #185
Zippicus

About the step mom, I'm glad they didn't try to use her as the culprit. I have a hard time imagining an adult sneaking into school to draw a love umbrella on the board before school.
Old 2007-12-13, 20:44   Link #186
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Actually, i could see the last episode being a time skip and having everyone come back to play a benifit for the park that they were trying to save. Im actually wondering why with all the music reference the only mention of it in the show was the song they played once and Nanaka's violin.

And can you honestly say you would be more shocked and confused by a pissed teenager getting mad at being rejected or a 10 year old kid burning a neighbors house? Sure, things like that happen in real life, but one is an everyday (maybe not everyday because its lesbians, but its not overly uncommon) compared to front page news.
The only problem with the concert is that besides for a couple of characters, the other characters don't know how to play an intrument (the ones in the OP). And now that the twins have run away, just how do they get back? Their father is waiting.

I'd be shocked at the arson more, yes, but it still doesn't make it unreasonable. It is rare, but it isn't impossible.
And Aoi is a 3rd year, right? So 17-18. The fire happened 2-3 years ago, so Aoi was around 15-16. At this age, it definitely is more possible than a 10 year old.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
About the step mom, I'm glad they didn't try to use her as the culprit. I have a hard time imagining an adult sneaking into school to draw a love umbrella on the board before school.
It can be thought of this way and make sense:

The drawer of the love umbrella is different from the sender.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-13, 20:56   Link #187
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:

Yes, but it would have been hard for the "news" of the letter to come out so fast that it's right after the twins first heard of it that the love umbrella was drawn.
Old 2007-12-13, 20:58   Link #188
Zippicus

Quote:

Well the timing with the letter would be a pretty big coincidence for some random person to doodle that on the board for no real reason.
Old 2007-12-13, 20:59   Link #189
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Yes, but it would have been hard for the "news" of the letter to come out so fast that it's right after the twins first heard of it that the love umbrella was drawn.
It was actually a whole day.
The twins were called on, at night, the father hit Shuusuke, and the next morning, the umbrella was there.
It isn't unnatural if given a day to spread.

EDIT:

Quote:
Well the timing with the letter would be a pretty big coincidence for some random person to doodle that on the board for no real reason.
Following what I said above:

Given a whole day, all it took was one horrible trouble-maker to catch a whiff of the rumor and draw on the board.

Old 2007-12-13, 20:59   Link #190
Shana

Quote:
It first was the letter, after the letter it was the Love Umbrella.

EDIT: serenade_beta beated me >_<
Old 2007-12-13, 21:03   Link #191
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

I think everything that could possibly be said about episode 11, has been said at least 20 times over. I'm more interested in episode 12 at this point. I'd like to see everyone's reactions when they realize the twins are gone (especially Hinako's). I'm sure that'll take up the first few minutes of the episode. I gotta say, I'm gonna miss Shuu's humorous banter and Shuri's avid nut-squashing (ah memories ). I hope the series doesn't change too much without their interaction. Preview looks promising though. Apparently, the color orange is enough to set Nanaka into a frenzy now .
Old 2007-12-13, 21:04   Link #192
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
It was actually a whole day.
The twins were called on, at night, the father hit Shuusuke, and the next morning, the umbrella was there.
It isn't unnatural if given a day to spread.
Oh, my bad. I must clear up my memories >_>
Old 2007-12-13, 21:07   Link #193
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The only problem with the concert is that besides for a couple of characters, the other characters don't know how to play an intrument (the ones in the OP). And now that the twins have run away, just how do they get back? Their father is waiting.

I'd be shocked at the arson more, yes, but it still doesn't make it unreasonable. It is rare, but it isn't impossible.
And Aoi is a 3rd year, right? So 17-18. The fire happened 2-3 years ago, so Aoi was around 15-16. At this age, it definitely is more possible than a 10 year old.

EDIT:

Funny how you wouldn't call all these force coincidences a forced twist. you wouldn't call a child arsonist impossible but your up in arms about a jealous school girl?
Old 2007-12-13, 21:07   Link #194
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Preview looks promising though. Apparently, the color orange is enough to set Nanaka into a frenzy now .
Makes me wonder why she isn't broken by now. Sunsets happen everyday...

Quote:
Funny how you wouldn't call all these force coincidences a forced twist. you wouldn't call a child arsonist impossible but your up in arms about a jealous school girl?
I simply stated that it isn't impossible.
I'd be upset if it actually happened. Considerably...

Old 2007-12-13, 21:09   Link #195
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Makes me wonder why she isn't broken by now. Sunsets happen everyday...
Yes, but she was looking at it while at the mouth of a cave in (probably) a mountain.

It's a whole different view from looking at it while on sea leavel.
Old 2007-12-13, 21:09   Link #196
Zippicus

Quote:
Following what I said above:

Given a whole day, all it took was one horrible trouble-maker to catch a whiff of the rumor and draw on the board.
Well it's certainly not impossible. But we're assuming that a rumor did spread, so far there hasn't been any kind of indication like that.
Old 2007-12-13, 21:13   Link #197
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Yes, but she was looking at it while at the mouth of a cave in (probably) a mountain.

It's a whole different view from looking at it while on sea leavel.
Hmm... I guess she needs a better view to be affected...

Quote:
Well it's certainly not impossible. But we're assuming that a rumor did spread, so far there hasn't been any kind of indication like that.
The anime didn't give us time to figure that out. They skipped from morning to night to morning without the rest in-between. They didn't have time to add all of that.

Old 2007-12-13, 21:28   Link #198
Zippicus

Quote:
The anime didn't give us time to figure that out. They skipped from morning to night to morning without the rest in-between. They didn't have time to add all of that.
Again this is all assumption. Could a rumor be spreading ? Sure. Did the writers tell us a rumor is spreading ? no. The only people that even knew about the letter were the school staff, it's beyond irresponsible for them to start spreading this around.
Old 2007-12-13, 21:30   Link #199
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
The only people that even knew about the letter were the school staff, it's beyond irresponsible for them to start spreading this around.
Ah, but do you remember that bastard of a man, the vice-principal megane-yarou?
It isn't impossible for him to do that, since he seems to have something against the twins or the students.

Old 2007-12-13, 23:41   Link #200
fuzzles
anal retentive

Send a message via AIM to fuzzles
Quote:
Ah, but do you remember that bastard of a man, the vice-principal megane-yarou?
It isn't impossible for him to do that, since he seems to have something against the twins or the students.

you just sound like you're looking for excuses now(poor ones) what's the likelihood of even that idiot going around student to student saying "oh you know the watsuski(sp?) twins they're totally gettin' it on" lets not forget those two helped stopped shuri from petitioning her fathers project. I highly doubt the principals have a vendetta against the twin's father, they're just trying to keep control(doing a sh***y job of it too) face it the only way that makes any sense if it was if the original sender of the letter did it and Asami is clearly the best option for it they definitely gave us enough foreshadowing for it to be her, people were already making assumptions about her being the one last ep cause seriously who else could it have been?
Closed Thread