AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-09, 17:28   Link #181
NettoSaito
Black Knight

Send a message via MSN to NettoSaito
If you think about it an hour and a half movie works just as well as a few episodes. Each episode is ruffly 25 mins long which includes a 1 min (or so) long opening, and ending credits. This means each episode is really about 23 or 22 mins long.

A movie is an hour and a half with one opening and one ending. That's around 4 episodes time built into one.
Old 2009-10-09, 17:35   Link #182
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by NettoSaito View Post
If you think about it an hour and a half movie works just as well as a few episodes. Each episode is ruffly 25 mins long which includes a 1 min (or so) long opening, and ending credits. This means each episode is really about 23 or 22 mins long.

A movie is an hour and a half with one opening and one ending. That's around 4 episodes time built into one.
Yeah, 22 min long each episode, quite. It is more like 24 minuts an episode and 1 minte each OP and ED. 24-2=22

So, 100 minutes (quite more then an hour and half) is 4 episodes and half. You must remember Disappearance is the shortest book. If they go by 120 min long, then it would be 5.4 episodes. More then enough. (as long they don't include the Intrigue's prologue)
Old 2009-10-09, 17:44   Link #183
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
If they go by 120 min long, then it would be 5.4 episodes. More then enough. (as long they don't include the Intrigue's prologue)
I don't think Intrigue's prologue would/should be included, there are still a few things that happen in between which are important to know.
Old 2009-10-09, 17:55   Link #184
mitsuganae

I wonder if they'll do some additional exposition for the benefit of viewers (however many or few) with little knowledge of the characters and the Haruhiverse as a whole.
Old 2009-10-09, 17:57   Link #185
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuganae View Post
I wonder if they'll do some additional exposition for the benefit of viewers (however many or few) with little knowledge of the characters and the Haruhiverse as a whole.
They'll probably just do it like the Detective Conan movies: a quick one minute recap of who the important recurring characters are, leading into the OP.
Old 2009-10-09, 17:57   Link #186
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuganae View Post
They just did that. Over the course of the past seven months.

Old 2009-10-09, 18:17   Link #187
mitsuganae

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They'll probably just do it like the Detective Conan movies: a quick one minute recap of who the important recurring characters are, leading into the OP.
That could probably work. Mentioning Detective Conan made me imagine a misleading opening exposition in film noir style, with a detective (Kyon), a femme fatale (Mikuru), a mysterious/ambivalent person who's possibly turncoat (Itsuki), a damsel desperately seeking help (Yuki), and an insane mafia boss (Haruhi).

Last edited by mitsuganae; 2009-10-09 at 18:58.
Old 2009-10-09, 18:27   Link #188
phizzy
私は美少女じゃないか?

Oh, what's that in my pants? You're not supposed to sneeze from there...
Old 2009-10-09, 18:39   Link #189
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe4evr View Post
I don't think Intrigue's prologue would/should be included, there are still a few things that happen in between which are important to know.
I agree with you. Also, the impact of the book work better without that prologue. He is made to be part of another story, after all. I am concerned about how much they are trying to be it a stand alone. I hope they don't worry too much with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I think they need to do that. Is like when a sequel book quickly reintroduce characters we really should know already. After all, some people are goin to watch the movie even tough don't have watched the anime (I don't know why someone would do this but...).
Old 2009-10-09, 19:16   Link #190
Siggrodoth

Funny, is it only me, or does the Yuki from the teasers look... genuinely sad? I mean, she's obviously not smiling or anything - that's her facial gimmick, after all - but her mouth curves slightly like an arc, unlike in the usual blank stares she gives. I did read Disappearance, but it's been a while and I do not remember her looking particularly like this.

I can see the movie's climax being
Spoiler:
and I am already getting pumped up for this.
Old 2009-10-09, 19:20   Link #191
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggrodoth View Post
I can see the movie's climax being
Spoiler:
and I am already getting pumped up for this.
Well, the climax is actually much latter. This is one of the high points, however.

Anyway, I could try to explain why Yuki seens to sad. But not without massive spoilers and I really don't think is needed. The real reason is the moe factor, anyway.
Old 2009-10-09, 20:08   Link #192
Little Buster
Punkish...Regulary

I guess I'll see yal In a year when its on DVD. Why must KyoAni make us wait for the Best Novel of them all?(Maybe not all)
Old 2009-10-09, 23:02   Link #193
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Because they have to get through six other volumes first.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-10-10, 00:02   Link #194
kniteowl

time to place the wagers on when the exact release date of the cinematic viewing of the Disappearance movie... well I'm broke so no betting for me

but since a lot of people are guessing the DVD release date being December 18th, just go back 6months & you have June 18th as a possible release date or should the release date of the movie be the same as the day Haruhi first aired as an anime?

You know what would be the biggest troll? Disappearance done in the "The Adventures of Asahina Mikuru style" animation... with the intro being the Mikuru theme song lmao (they should be happy, they get to see Haruhi's home made movie on the BIG SCREEN *kidding*)

I would crack up so hard if they did that... poor audience's very high expectations destroyed

Well if they did do that for the 1st minute or so of the movie just to screw with people then swap to Kyon re-watching the movie in the club room bored while Haruhi & Co are planning for Christmas then I guess it would be pretty kool troll.

Last edited by kniteowl; 2009-10-10 at 00:16.
Old 2009-10-10, 00:08   Link #195
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
You know what would be the biggest troll?
COME

ON.
Stop this "troll, troll, troll, troll, TROLL"!
I, for one, started to hate certain area of web for popularizing the word.

You do not, i repeat, NEVER INTENTIONALLY DO ANYTHING IN BUSINESS LIKE "DOING SOMETHING ANNOYING TO SEE IF YOUR CUSTOMER GETS ANGRY".
There might be art mistakes, producing mistakes, advertisment mistakes, intentional silence, careful (or not so much) work with hype, but never doing LOL RANDOM SO FUNNY things. That's ridiculous and I'm goddamn tired of those claims.
Old 2009-10-10, 00:10   Link #196
Tensei
Epitome of Divinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post

but since a lot of people are guessing the DVD release date being December 18th, just go back 6months & you have June 18th as a possible release date or should the release date of the movie be the same as the day Haruhi first aired as an anime?

.....how about July 7th? you know, Tanabata.
Old 2009-10-10, 00:12   Link #197
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
If you really get technical, the only real "problem" with Episode 00 was the acting(er, the characters' acting, I mean)... I'd say it ranks pretty high in terms of animation quality for the series.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-10-10, 00:17   Link #198
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensei
Oh yeah... the link to Bamboo leaf Rhasody... good idea. but then I'd have to wait longer for Haruhi... ... ah well.
Old 2009-10-10, 00:21   Link #199
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensei View Post
That's a neat idea. It would be fitting in many ways. Especially if Tanabata is a day when Japanese people like to watch movies a lot (like, say, what Americans do on Independence Day in the US).

As for the trolling discussion... why people are so focused on trolling, and even in a way of desiring it, I don't quite get myself. I agree with Daniel Lind there.
Old 2009-10-10, 00:23   Link #200
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
COME

ON.
Stop this "troll, troll, troll, troll, TROLL"!
I, for one, started to hate certain area of web for popularizing the word.

You do not, i repeat, NEVER INTENTIONALLY DO ANYTHING IN BUSINESS LIKE "DOING SOMETHING ANNOYING TO SEE IF YOUR CUSTOMER GETS ANGRY".
There might be art mistakes, producing mistakes, advertisment mistakes, intentional silence, careful (or not so much) work with hype, but never doing LOL RANDOM SO FUNNY things. That's ridiculous and I'm goddamn tired of those claims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
As for the trolling discussion... why people are so focused on trolling, and even in a way of desiring it, I don't quite get myself. I agree with Daniel Lind there.
So long as people feel that they were personally wronged, it will continue to be.

Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen