AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-09-21, 18:56   Link #81
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxfan
Well, there IS a "空" in the title... but now that I look in the dictionary, 時空 is one word and is read as "jikuu". Or you've got an official reading somewhere?
The official TV Tokyo website at http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/haruka has the logo - the reading of the furigana above the "jikuu" kanji is "toki".
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 19:10   Link #82
roxfan
Solar Fansubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky
The official TV Tokyo website at http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/haruka has the logo - the reading of the furigana above the "jikuu" kanji is "toki".
Oh indeed. It's kinda tiny.
roxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 19:12   Link #83
mayukhers112
Mahou Shonen

OK, now I've finally decided that these shows should be fansubbed this season....well, in my opinion....

To Heart- As long as there's more Serika, I'll look forward to it. She's a witch, right?

Musumet- Clearly almost no one shows interest in this.... Someone, please sub it! It looks like Yumeria- A sort of team/sentai element, weird outfits, cute chara designs/girls....

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha- Looks like this season's Komugi, and based on Triangle Hearts...

Gakuen Alice- Yaay! I wanna see this one...looks kyuute!

Haruka Naru Toki no Naka de- Looks more like Angelique than Fushigi Yuugi to me....hehe

I'm looking forward to this season! Oh, yeah, and the Curry thing looks like Parappa the Rapper/
mayukhers112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 19:27   Link #84
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluWacky
Is that actually a new series or are they just rebroadcasting the original OAVs?
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 19:39   Link #85
ricardocantuc70
anime fan since 1992

Send a message via MSN to ricardocantuc70
how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crumja

Anyway, it shouldn't be that much work since it's a 13 ep series. Heh, look forward to it.
one thing i have always been curious about, is how the heck do you subbers get the episodes in the first place. Is there a site with unsubbed series or something????

:fingers:
ricardocantuc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 20:17   Link #86
Yaoi_Pocky
mentionitis ouendanica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Is that actually a new series or are they just rebroadcasting the original OAVs?
Well, the TV version based on the manga by Mizuno Tooko (which itself is based on the games). I'm not sure if the OVAs use the manga as its source material, or derives its content directly from the games.

I'd hope that there may be some overlap in content between the TV series and the OVAs, given that both are based on the same game - but not to the extent of porting the OVA to TV.
Yaoi_Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 22:30   Link #87
AndrewLB
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to AndrewLB Send a message via AIM to AndrewLB Send a message via MSN to AndrewLB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardocantuc70
one thing i have always been curious about, is how the heck do you subbers get the episodes in the first place. Is there a site with unsubbed series or something????

:fingers:
I dunno man, where do you get episodes of Scrubs? Is there a site for that?

Getting Jap episodes of something is the same as getting eng episodes of something. Just, you know, in a different language. And over Winny. And really slowly. And also a lot more trouble than its worth.
AndrewLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 23:12   Link #88
aquilo

Question fantastic children

I'm really really confused by this series. I thought that Shin Megami Tensei was licensed by Bandai, who then decided to release it as Fantastic Children, because they wanted a nice english name for the series. Isn't the "Fantastic Children" that is airing soon a completely different, unlicensed series? Can someone please clarify this, because Fantastic Children looks really cool, and I think it would be a pity if it goes unsubbed because of a misunderstanding...
aquilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-21, 23:26   Link #89
clem-kun
Shi-Fa Staff

Send a message via AIM to clem-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquilo
I'm really really confused by this series. I thought that Shin Megami Tensei was licensed by Bandai, who then decided to release it as Fantastic Children, because they wanted a nice english name for the series. Isn't the "Fantastic Children" that is airing soon a completely different, unlicensed series? Can someone please clarify this, because Fantastic Children looks really cool, and I think it would be a pity if it goes unsubbed because of a misunderstanding...
This Fantastic Children is indeed licensed. If you go to the main site, and look under Links, the first (and only) link is Bandai. That's a dead giveaway that Bandai has acquired its license.
clem-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 00:20   Link #90
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquilo
Fantastic children has nothing to do with Shin Megumi tensei. Shin Megumi is unlicensed and Fantastic Children is pre-licensed by bandai. Bandai clearly stated that Fantastic children was a new series that they had pre-licensed but this seems to have gotten lost.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 15:24   Link #91
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
New Harukanaru Toki no Naka de TV series. So it will be separate from the existing 2-episode OVA series.

And it looks like Angelique because the video game Harukanaru Toki no Naka De and Angelique were both made by Koei. The artwork and era in each series are very different, though.

I say it's like Fushigi Yuugi because the basic plot is very similar: Haruka is the story of a high school girl who is suddenly transported to an ancient Asian-style world (Chinese-style in Fushigi Yuugi, Japanese-style in Haruka). Upon arriving in the new world, she becomes priestess of a god and is protected by a set of guardians (which all happen to be male in both cases). The names of the famous four gods Suzaku, Seiryu, Genbu, and Byakko are also present in both series.

Anyway, Fushigi Yuugi fans should enjoy it. :P My favorite part is that the main character Akane is a LOT less annoying than the greedy, whiny, loud-mouthed Miaka Yuuki...
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 22:14   Link #92
loveableneko

i'm really looking forward to alot of the animes that are coming out this fall, it's to bad tactics got prelicensed, i would of really liked to of seen that anime

and can anyone tell me what bleach is about?
loveableneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 00:09   Link #93
Sakaki-
AnimeONE Typesetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveableneko
i'm really looking forward to alot of the animes that are coming out this fall, it's to bad tactics got prelicensed, i would of really liked to of seen that anime

Who cares find me a translator for Fantastic Children :P

I can find the rest myself hehe.

I know alot of people who thinks that series will own.

Take Care
Sakaki-
Sakaki- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 01:02   Link #94
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveableneko
Nutshell?

15 yr old bloke with angst+attitude as well as the ability to see ded people stumbles on a really wierd and sarcastic girl in his house. She is a Shinigami [or Angel of Death] with the dual job of sending the recently departed into the afterlife; and exorcising those who have gone bad from snacking on human souls. So macho male gets caught up in her work and causes the girl to have her @$$ handed back to her. Now the only way to stop the rogue ghost [or Hollow as they are called] is for the poor fool to temporarily gain some of her powers and do the smacking in her place. Too bad he had to take ALL of it.

The problem with the setup is that the now powerless shinigami can't go home, protect herself let alone do her job- so the reluctant player has to step up on the plate and take all the heat. Add to the fact that he is insanely strong and the order the Shinigami belongs to isn't very happy a mortal is doing their work, and you have an interesting character and political angle to look at.

Manga is quite long, going into maybe 15-16 books the last time I looked [licenced already] so it's quite an established and popular work.

Ya, and I like Rukia [the Shinigami] a lot already. Spirited, acid-tongue and sly little Harridan that she is
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 01:11   Link #95
loveableneko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
Nutshell?

15 yr old bloke with angst+attitude as well as the ability to see ded people stumbles on a really wierd and sarcastic girl in his house. She is a Shinigami [or Angel of Death] with the dual job of sending the recently departed into the afterlife; and exorcising those who have gone bad from snacking on human souls. So macho male gets caught up in her work and causes the girl to have her @$$ handed back to her. Now the only way to stop the rogue ghost [or Hollow as they are called] is for the poor fool to temporarily gain some of her powers and do the smacking in her place. Too bad he had to take ALL of it.

The problem with the setup is that the now powerless shinigami can't go home, protect herself let alone do her job- so the reluctant player has to step up on the plate and take all the heat. Add to the fact that he is insanely strong and the order the Shinigami belongs to isn't very happy a mortal is doing their work, and you have an interesting character and political angle to look at.

Manga is quite long, going into maybe 15-16 books the last time I looked [licenced already] so it's quite an established and popular work.

Ya, and I like Rukia [the Shinigami] a lot already. Spirited, acid-tongue and sly little Harridan that she is

ah thanks for the short summary, it does sound very interesting
loveableneko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 01:36   Link #96
CIRee
fansubbing n00blet

bleach

bleach is like shaman king + ur action stuff, well the manga is ok. i read it when i have really bored
CIRee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 23:08   Link #97
overfiend

Tsukuyomi

Is anyone planning on subbing Tsukiyomi when it starts?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-09-25 at 00:44. Reason: Merged threads
overfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 09:07   Link #98
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by overfiend
Is anyone planning on subbing Tsukiyomi when it starts?
Tsukiyomi ~ Moon Phase starts 10/4 on TV Tokyo. After reading Newtypes article about this series, it is one of my must see fall season anime. How could I resist cute vampire girl who wears cat ears? Plus the director is the same guy who directed Le Portrait de Petit Cossette, Akiyuki Shinbo.

At least one group is listed to sub this series, look at the link in first post of this thread.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 14:21   Link #99
overfiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensuke
Tsukiyomi ~ Moon Phase starts 10/4 on TV Tokyo. After reading Newtypes article about this series, it is one of my must see fall season anime. How could I resist cute vampire girl who wears cat ears? Plus the director is the same guy who directed Le Portrait de Petit Cossette, Akiyuki Shinbo.
I read the Newtype article too. That's what got me interested. Kawaii vamp with cat-ears, what's not to like?

BTW, I know there's a site that lists all the fansub groups and what titles they're currently subbing, but I don't remember the name. If you know what I'm talking about, can you post the link please? And if there's one for scanlations of manga, I'd appreciate that too.

Thank you.
overfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-25, 17:54   Link #100
Kagari-chan
銀の律動のムジカ

Send a message via AIM to Kagari-chan Send a message via MSN to Kagari-chan
I'm hesitant about Moonphase... the cat ears are a huge turn off.
Kagari-chan is offline   Reply With Quote