AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-03, 14:35   Link #1381
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Seriously (oh, and I've caught up to the current page now). The stuff about what Black colour stands for? Not mentioned in Vol12. Graphite Edge? Didn't show up in this volume.

And people seems to have mistaken Azure Air for Azure 'Heir' Sure, that guy might actually be the crown prince, but that wasn't in the name
About the color black, I just read the SAO side story versus, the one where
Spoiler for Story Spoiler:
And it turns out Kuroyukihime herself doesn't know what it means. Though Haruyuki does make some nice color symbolization statements that does hint a bit to the meaning. I remember reading a few pages back that people thought black symbolized death and whatnot, since Kuroyukihime's power was rejecting and severing. But thinking about how the color spectrum works it does show some insight on the subject. While black is the absence of all color and white is all colors combined, black can absorb all the colors of the spectrum, while white is the color that reflects light and rejecting all the other colors.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Hollownerox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 20:42   Link #1382
churchblue
Banned

What makes Azure Air "Azure Air"?
churchblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 21:52   Link #1383
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchblue View Post
What makes Azure Air "Azure Air"?
It's mentioned several times his avatar's colour is the colour of the clear blue sky.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-03, 22:01   Link #1384
Plant42

Quote:

And people seems to have mistaken Azure Air for Azure 'Heir' Sure, that guy might actually be the crown prince, but that wasn't in the name
Nope In Jp エアー can represent both "Air" and "Heir"(just search "エアー heir" and you will see).

The JP wiki also use "Heir" and the meanings suit with him than "Air". I think that's correct.
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 03:44   Link #1385
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
Nope In Jp エアー can represent both "Air" and "Heir"(just search "エアー heir" and you will see).

The JP wiki also use "Heir" and the meanings suit with him than "Air". I think that's correct.
*shrug* From what I have seen, the names are in English right? eg, Silver Crow, Black Lotus, these are the names that show up (in anime) in matching lists, under HP bars, and when mentioned in LNs are written in English as well. The English name given in the translations I have says 'Azure Air', so I'm inclined to think the 'heir' version isn't the right one.
Old 2012-09-04, 05:19   Link #1386
Plant42

Quote:
*shrug* From what I have seen, the names are in English right? eg, Silver Crow, Black Lotus, these are the names that show up (in anime) in matching lists, under HP bars, and when mentioned in LNs are written in English as well. The English name given in the translations I have says 'Azure Air', so I'm inclined to think the 'heir' version isn't the right one.
Now I have to ask which version do you read? and which page on which volume did you see that?
The jp version use Katagana letters for the avatar's name most of the time.

and when searching with seperate keywords
-azure air アクセル・ワールド the only one site that show this name are Chinese website.

-azure heir アクセル・ワールド tons of the results from JP site

and here is what I found about the meanings of this character's name

http://futalog.com/139708570.htm

最初に名乗ってたTrilead Tetraoxideは四酸化三鉛で黄丹の別名
皇太子の御袍に用いられる黄赤色で絶対禁色の1つ
Azure HeirのHeirは後嗣、嫡子、後取り、世継ぎ、家督などを意味する
で、これは作者がツイッターで解説した内容だったりする

The words in bold letter said this is what the writer himself commented on twitter.
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 20:58   Link #1387
Crystalline Emperor
King of the Empy Abyss

If the info on this thread is somewhat correct, Trilead Tetraoxide is Azure Air's other name.
What makes this guy have 2 names?
Also, googling Trilead Tetraoxide, results show a blue-whiteish flame. Perhaps his abilities relate to that?
Crystalline Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 23:03   Link #1388
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
Now I have to ask which version do you read? and which page on which volume did you see that?
The jp version use Katagana letters for the avatar's name most of the time.

and when searching with seperate keywords
-azure air アクセル・ワールド the only one site that show this name are Chinese website.

-azure heir アクセル・ワールド tons of the results from JP site

and here is what I found about the meanings of this character's name

http://futalog.com/139708570.htm

最初に名乗ってたTrilead Tetraoxideは四酸化三鉛で黄丹の別名
皇太子の御袍に用いられる黄赤色で絶対禁色の1つ
Azure HeirのHeirは後嗣、嫡子、後取り、世継ぎ、家督などを意味する
で、これは作者がツイッターで解説した内容だったりする

The words in bold letter said this is what the writer himself commented on twitter.
Ah ok, I think I'm the one mistaken then - I'm reading the Chinese translations, not the Japanese raw =/

And that quote you have explains why he has the 'Trilead Tetraoxide' name, huh - TT is a crucial ingredient for life-extending alchemic substances, and the same colour as the royal red/yellow for a prince's robes.
Old 2012-09-05, 04:23   Link #1389
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

So Haru somewhat gained a powerful acquaintance in AW and RL.

Read the 1st part of Vol. 7 in the usual place. Am I seeing Generation Xerox in regards to CF and SB relationship to SC and BL? Gee, no wonder SC is compatible with the Disaster. Note that I only read the Chinese translation before this.
Old 2012-09-05, 14:54   Link #1390
stardrago

I am not sure if this was asked already, but what exactly happened to Noumi/Dusk Taker afterwards when he had forgotten about Brain Burst, was he caught for cheating or does he still go to the school or was suspended? Also does anyone know his reaction when Lime Bell gave back Silver Crow's wings or when he was about to lose all of his points?
stardrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 16:17   Link #1391
Awrya
U mad?

Has been a while since I checked AW translations, so Vol.3 ended in Ep.19.
Once again I realize, AW anime (and most LN turned anime) is still very good, but if you want details, reading the LN is a must.
Old 2012-09-05, 19:54   Link #1392
garf02

giving some translations we are doing in /a/ I strongly believe White Color stand for stealth, trauma based of those who wanted to have a low profile in life.
garf02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-05, 21:48   Link #1393
Shiyumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by garf02 View Post
giving some translations we are doing in /a/ I strongly believe White Color stand for stealth, trauma based of those who wanted to have a low profile in life.
I think it's more about being hollow/emptiness.
Shiyumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 07:50   Link #1394
churchblue
Banned

Argon Array is a real piece of work and cheap. I hope Aqua Current drowns her in sorrow (get it?, "drowns"?). Again, Lime Bell get more and more interesting as the LN progresses.
churchblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 20:03   Link #1395
texrvb
Banned

Do you think it's fate that Cerebrus and Current meet?

Oh yeah, how many duels has Lime Bell won in the LN?
texrvb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 09:07   Link #1396
fhxc885

Sorry to side track for a while....

I had took a screenshot of supposedly Rust Jigsaw human avatar
Spoiler for Rust Jigsaw supposedly "Human self":

I don't know.... But is it me.... Or what if.... The whole Accel Research group is actually..... Just a group of High schoolers?

I mean.... KYH's sister is one year older than her, so she should be in high school.... And Rust Jigsaw human self looks like a high schooler....

Maa.... What do you think? Just saying....

Sorry for the sidetrack.
fhxc885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 09:16   Link #1397
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Remember physical age does not equal mental age. He may be a high schooler physically but mentally, he may be a lot older depending on long he stayed in the UBF. Makes you wonder about the future of society.
Old 2012-09-08, 10:19   Link #1398
fhxc885

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
Remember physical age does not equal mental age. He may be a high schooler physically but mentally, he may be a lot older depending on long he stayed in the UBF. Makes you wonder about the future of society.
A point there....
fhxc885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 11:34   Link #1399
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhxc885 View Post
Sorry to side track for a while....

I had took a screenshot of supposedly Rust Jigsaw human avatar
Spoiler for Rust Jigsaw supposedly "Human self":

I don't know.... But is it me.... Or what if.... The whole Accel Research group is actually..... Just a group of High schoolers?

I mean.... KYH's sister is one year older than her, so she should be in high school.... And Rust Jigsaw human self looks like a high schooler....

Maa.... What do you think? Just saying....

Sorry for the sidetrack.
Don't forget that at the start of Volume 1, Brain Burst came out only 8 years ago, with the oldest player at that time being 8 (physically and mentally).
8 years later there may be some whose mental age go beyond 100, but their physical appearance is still 16 at best.
Old 2012-09-08, 13:55   Link #1400
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Aww why does heir or air matter? Japanese translate into English can have problems like this all the time ;x
To redirect the direction I guess I'll post the summary of book 12.
Spoiler for Summary:

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality