AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-07, 00:03   Link #1141
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
I believe that Kurumi might be the one who "conquers" Shidou rather than the other way around. She's subtly aggressive and he's proven to be extremely weak to her type of personality. My belief is reinforced after reading the latest couple of chapters.

Also, Mana's a potential brocon here. Addressing Shidou very respectfully as "Nii-sama" and all, and what's with that "heart-throbbing when she first saw him" thing going on? It's pretty funny to describe it that way.

Kurumi is evil. Even without spoilers, that much is obvious.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-11-07, 00:16   Link #1142
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post

Kurumi is evil. Even without spoilers, that much is obvious.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler:
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 02:52   Link #1143
sky black swordman

^ You think she was different before that happend ?

Quote:
I believe that Kurumi might be the one who "conquers" Shidou rather than the other way around. She's subtly aggressive and he's proven to be extremely weak to her type of personality. My belief is reinforced after reading the latest couple of chapters.

Also, Mana's a potential brocon here. Addressing Shidou very respectfully as "Nii-sama" and all, and what's with that "heart-throbbing when she first saw him" thing going on? It's pretty funny to describe it that way.
Oh yeah, the twins.
I really hope she is, but even if she is or late falls for her brother, how can she counter Kotori's:
Quote:
"Shut up! What about blood ties! A real younger sister can't even marry him!"
Old 2012-11-07, 05:54   Link #1144
RapidPotential

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ You think she was different before that happend ?
Not discounting that possibility. I mean, we don't have a clear idea of what she used to be like anyway.
Old 2012-11-07, 09:20   Link #1145
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Kurumi is about as evil as self-preservation taken to the extreme. In case people missed it, Tohka herself outright tells Shidou that she could have ended up just like Kurumi if Shidou hadn't gotten to her. Despite that, she still wants Shidou to save Kurumi (and all the seireis).

And in case people forgot, ASTs attack seirei on sight regardless of whatever. Kind of fun to be brought into a world where everyone knows nothing but hostility towards you for several years, being dragged into fight after fight after fight just by simply being there, yes? Kurumi's been around longer than Tohka, and that stuff can and will definitely mess with someone's psyche.

Kurumi's time travel power is her trump card. Because of this, it requires massive amounts of energy to just even unlock, let alone use. This is why she is in the background for now, biding her time until Shidou gathers enough power (from seirei capture), seeing as her initial plan failed. This is also why the more practical applications of her power only involve time manipulation on her, or on a single target.

Also, just to blow your f'in minds, Kurumi is the most understanding of all the seireis.

And just wait until Efreet starts kicking butt around, and/or Volume 4 gets completely translated. Then maybe the Kotori hype will finally be understandable to those who don't get it.
Old 2012-11-08, 01:53   Link #1146
Riki
ランダム王

okay started with chpt 4 vol 2......i keep thinking they should change the title to
"My chasity= Danger?"
or
"Welcome to my home[if you know what i mean]"
Old 2012-11-08, 01:58   Link #1147
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Inescapable house
Old 2012-11-08, 02:03   Link #1148
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

It would be "Origami's Sweet Honey Trap" for me. XD
Old 2012-11-08, 02:07   Link #1149
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

*Insert Origami putting sleeping pills into Shidou's tea, then lock him up under the attic and get married "happy ending"*
Old 2012-11-08, 02:30   Link #1150
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
*Insert Origami putting sleeping pills into Shidou's tea, then lock him up under the attic and get married "happy ending"*
then you'll have a spaceship and 10 other girls of mas destruction knocking on the door.
Old 2012-11-08, 02:37   Link #1151
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

ITS OK one of the girls can change side with the bribery of foods!
Old 2012-11-08, 03:42   Link #1152
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

We don't want the apocalypse to come too early now...so I think Origami better file that under future contingencies.
Old 2012-11-08, 04:47   Link #1153
RapidPotential

Is everything Origami ever thinks about (aside from exterminating spirits) how to get (read: obtain) Shidou all to herself?

Her single-minded approach towards Shidou is just that extreme.
Old 2012-11-08, 05:03   Link #1154
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

You give Origami too little credit. Of course not, there's more to her than that!

She's also thinking about how to get Shidou to want her out of his own volition! Heh heh heh.

She seems to be taking notes from the wrong reference books and materials, however...

If you think about it, Origami has a lot going for her. She has an active outdoor lifestyle (stalking Shidou every step of the way), has a good memory (when it comes to remembering every little detail about Shidou), has a good eye for purchases (like the brand new freshly-bought double-sized bed for doing the deed with Shidou), knows how to plan ahead meticulously (as the chapter in her room has shown in preparation for Shidou's arrival), is very polite and accommodating (enough to drive Shidou into a guilt trip into drinking an aphrodisiac), definitely has a sense of propriety (taking that shower before she planned to commence the deed and all), and can be rather affectionate (this one's a Volume 4 thing).

Last edited by Hemisphere; 2012-11-08 at 05:20.
Hemisphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-08, 05:21   Link #1155
RapidPotential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
You give Origami too little credit. Of course not, there's more to her than that!

She's also thinking about how to get Shidou to want her out of his own volition! Heh heh heh.

She seems to be taking notes from the wrong reference books and materials, however...

If you think about it, Origami has a lot going for her. She has an active outdoor lifestyle (stalking Shidou every step of the way), has a good memory (when it comes to remembering every little detail about Shidou), has a good eye for purchases (like the brand new freshly-bought double-sized bed for doing the deed with Shidou), knows how to plan ahead meticulously (as the chapter in her room has shown in preparation for Shidou's arrival), is very polite and accommodating (enough to drive Shidou into a guilt trip into drinking an aphrodisiac), definitely has a sense of propriety (taking that shower before she planned to commence the deed and all), and can be rather affectionate (this one's a Volume 4 thing).
Apart from her excessive devotion towards Shidou, her character's pretty much on the eccentric side and I can see why she thinks the books she reads are inherently helpful in anyway. She's not dumb (one of the top students in the school) but she's definitely lacking common sense somewhere...

Also, that's some crazy preparation going on there. A ready-made wife just for Shidou. Her plans easily stretch years into the future!
Old 2012-11-08, 05:35   Link #1156
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Let's not forget that she's also very attentive to her surroundings (noting what Tohka was doing while preparing cookies for Shidou), can be assertive (in getting Shidou to go on a date with her), and respects family values (in getting Mana to recognize and call her as her future sister-in-law in order to further deepen her plans to become Shidou's wife).

Shidou...I don't think he realizes the full scope of the "threat" that Origami poses (to his chastity). Heh.

I think of her lack of common sense and eccentricity as one of her charms. It's what separates her from being, say, a creepy obsessed stalker, for one.
Old 2012-11-08, 05:41   Link #1157
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Apart from her excessive devotion towards Shidou, her character's pretty much on the eccentric side and I can see why she thinks the books she reads are inherently helpful in anyway. She's not dumb (one of the top students in the school) but she's definitely lacking common sense somewhere...

Also, that's some crazy preparation going on there. A ready-made wife just for Shidou. Her plans easily stretch years into the future!
thats a wife in commando style. there's nothing wrong with that, and she's good in politics too dragging Shidou to do what she wants by "you did it with Tohka" skit. the only thing missing now is her living in Shidou house. when that happens..its over dude say bye bye to the series cuz the world ended on that day
Old 2012-11-08, 06:38   Link #1158
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
then you'll have a spaceship and 10 other girls of mas destruction knocking on the door.
Er.... you do not need Origami for that. Just Shidou focusing on 1 of the 10 is enuff lol

Let's see, we got the boobs girl, the yandere, the bro-con or Himenoji Akiko, the shy one, the twins from the spirit side lol
Old 2012-11-08, 09:22   Link #1159
RapidPotential

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Let's not forget that she's also very attentive to her surroundings (noting what Tohka was doing while preparing cookies for Shidou), can be assertive (in getting Shidou to go on a date with her), and respects family values (in getting Mana to recognize and call her as her future sister-in-law in order to further deepen her plans to become Shidou's wife).

Shidou...I don't think he realizes the full scope of the "threat" that Origami poses (to his chastity). Heh.

I think of her lack of common sense and eccentricity as one of her charms. It's what separates her from being, say, a creepy obsessed stalker, for one.
Well, for one, she's already got first moves on the approval of the blood-related imouto so brownie points for her there. Her attentiveness and eye for detail only extends so far as anything related to Shidou but I guess you could consider that a superpower of sorts (albeit a joke one).

I agree with you that that eccentric behaviour of hers is a charm point but I believe her constant stalking of Shidou should be counted in as well. I mean, it's already odd enough for someone to stalk another (what more one of the opposite sex) on a daily basis (does she go home only after Shidou's lights are out? ).
Old 2012-11-08, 09:44   Link #1160
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Well, for one, she's already got first moves on the approval of the blood-related imouto so brownie points for her there. Her attentiveness and eye for detail only extends so far as anything related to Shidou but I guess you could consider that a superpower of sorts (albeit a joke one).

I agree with you that that eccentric behaviour of hers is a charm point but I believe her constant stalking of Shidou should be counted in as well. I mean, it's already odd enough for someone to stalk another (what more one of the opposite sex) on a daily basis (does she go home only after Shidou's lights are out? ).
judging on how unused her house is, i think she still stalks him even after he sleeps, like holding a telescope somewhere far and stalking him from there.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy