Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-09-08, 10:41   Link #441
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Happy Birthday Klash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Do I look like a bad guy if I steal his presents?

Already took them myself, so...
Old 2008-09-08, 18:32   Link #442
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Since it has been quite some time already, I guess it is fine to answer everyone at once, or it will be quite a mess

Quote:
Wow.. talk about necroing

Welcome back to our GD family? XD
I'm actually unsure if I can resume an usual pace like 1 sig per week or so, though I'm certainly trying to resume my activities nonetheless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Yo, welcome back!

Already spoted (and saved) your latest when you posted in the feedback section.
You save the signatures? O_o Kinda surprised here ^^"
well, here is the source picture just in case you (or anyone else) wants it.

cu~~~~~te bern-chan! ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Happy Birthday Klashy,
here are your cookies:
Spoiler for Images - maybe NSFW:
*whislte* hum, looks like i'm too predictable?
I will gladly save them, and might use one of them, especially the first one XD
Quote:
Do I look like a bad guy if I steal his presents?

Happy birthday o◕‿‿◕o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Happy Birthday Klash!

Already took them myself, so...
Greedy fellow you are, both of you. Maa, it will be the cake I guess

Well, really, thank you very much everyone. Pretty much like last year, it feels like home when I see that (especially considering what's happening on my side /bitter). Though, just like garfield, I feel like very old when I look back to all the years and the magic number, 22

Hope I will be able to provide enough critics and signatures to be appreciated or bashed XD
Old 2008-09-08, 19:38   Link #443
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Happy Birthday Klash!

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-09, 17:28   Link #444
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Haha, thanks again ^^"

Ironically enough, managed to do another sig within a short span... I assume this is because of umineko inspiration

witch 34-tan! That was actually much more troublesome than bern signature because:
1) there are almost no good pic of her, and most are... not exactly suitable for a sig (I mean, freaky face or going to the bratty tsun mode XD)
2) I'm really not a pink lover

This time, the "planar realm" BG is a bit random in comparison with Bern's, though I wanted to give an impression of "oustanding presence", hence why Lambda has a glow and a very different blending mode compared to Bern.

Ah well, it was rather a headache as I would have preferred to remove her knee, but considering the source pic... maah >_>

Oh well, now... beato is left and I think it will be the most difficult one, gah.
Old 2008-09-10, 05:29   Link #445
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
hehehe as promised here the pics Klash xD

Spoiler:

bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 07:54   Link #446
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdave View Post
OMGLOL, that's so ridiculous.
Where is it from?
Old 2008-09-10, 13:10   Link #447
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Haha, thanks again ^^"

Ironically enough, managed to do another sig within a short span... I assume this is because of umineko inspiration

witch 34-tan! That was actually much more troublesome than bern signature because:
1) there are almost no good pic of her, and most are... not exactly suitable for a sig (I mean, freaky face or going to the bratty tsun mode XD)
2) I'm really not a pink lover

This time, the "planar realm" BG is a bit random in comparison with Bern's, though I wanted to give an impression of "oustanding presence", hence why Lambda has a glow and a very different blending mode compared to Bern.

Ah well, it was rather a headache as I would have preferred to remove her knee, but considering the source pic... maah >_>

Oh well, now... beato is left and I think it will be the most difficult one, gah.
"Considering the source pic...maa"

Lol

Klash you're sure in a hurry to finish this series of sigs huh

Personally I like the previous one better, but im a big fan for blue so im biased

I can see the point that this isnt the greatest of all renders for a sig like this, but it still fits in the sig pretty nicely so not much to complain about that
Old 2008-09-10, 18:00   Link #448
LeminLyme
absence of interest
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to LeminLyme Send a message via MSN to LeminLyme Send a message via Yahoo to LeminLyme
Humm...~ Your gallery is too extensive. Not to mention the entire first section is all text and links, i'm personally someone who doesn't want to click all the links~ Keep your gallery like your sigs, nice looking, simple, and eleagant. Well. Actually i'm gonna critisize you so don't take my previous comment to heart, i'm about to tear you down =( Sorry. Your signatures are all the same. I know how that comment stings, i got it from my brother a few times and he's just a wanksta foo' who knows nothing about graphics. But essentially, all your sigs are just dark, blurry, and or just a mixed up background. Not to say you shouldn't use this style, it can be very effective, but your backgrounds lack flow, and most importantly, they don't compliment the render, they sorta just. Are there. =P Know what I'm saying? And alot of the best graphic artists tell me this as a main point. Borders and text, make or break your signature. Your borders are nice and simple, which is good, but the text. Just. Please. Stop typing. =P the less words there are, the better it is. If your gonna have alot of words, make them small, blend them well, and please try your damndest to make sure they don't rob the render of attention. Even my text in my current sig is a little too stand out. But anyways, yah. Finally, get practicing on luminance if you REALLY wanna get it going well. While your sigs have lighting "effects" so to speak, like rays and sparkles, none, I mean none, have ambience or luminance. Meaning that it's the same as seeing a flashlight that doesn't make a beam, just a little light in the middle of nothing. =P I'm practicing this now, so i'm definately critsizing, not looking down on you, but take my sig for example again. Roxas looks sorta like he's under a large glowing yellow light, well the original render was a plain sketch coloured in =P If you find anything I said offensive to your work, i'm sorry, but this is like critical advice? =P

Btw, how does a guy get a Graphics Artist title around here? =P
Old 2008-09-10, 18:35   Link #449
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeminLyme View Post
Humm...~ Your gallery is too extensive. Not to mention the entire first section is all text and links, i'm personally someone who doesn't want to click all the links~ Keep your gallery like your sigs, nice looking, simple, and eleagant.
I'm sorry, but the whole first part was meant to be the least important. In order to prevent people having a huge load time because I never used the "save for web" feature before, and considering how old they are, I preferred only the links of them, while the ones I recently did are accessible. Furthermore, the descriptions are, I believe, there so people can actually get an idea of some choices and such. And not like you are oblidged to read these as I put them in spoiler tags (especially that as in the first little note, I suggested people to skip spoiler tags if they don't feel like reading).
Quote:
Well. Actually i'm gonna critisize you so don't take my previous comment to heart, i'm about to tear you down =( Sorry.
How nice, how nice. It sure feels very constructive in the way you say it.
Quote:
Your signatures are all the same. I know how that comment stings, i got it from my brother a few times and he's just a wanksta foo' who knows nothing about graphics. But essentially, all your sigs are just dark, blurry, and or just a mixed up background.
I'm sorry, but I believe it is only a matter of style and habits.
Quote:
Not to say you shouldn't use this style, it can be very effective, but your backgrounds lack flow, and most importantly, they don't compliment the render, they sorta just. Are there. =P Know what I'm saying? And alot of the best graphic artists tell me this as a main point.
Oh certainly. Sure, so I should use C4D narcissisticly and begin to make them look super flashy, or "selling" them?
Thanks but no thanks. My motto is to give a proper flow in term of original material, I dislike the fact I have to use artificial means to give a peculiar attention to renders, while I would rather prefer to keep a character within its known universe. That's all.

To be clear, I don't make these sigs for in order to make them eye candy. I do this so I can provide signatures that can be nice and fitting the characters, it isn't about all in looks, but composition and inspiration for my side. That's good for you if everything must be attractive and such, I, on the other hand, don't share such view, hence I believe it is irrelevant in a hobby where everyone have their own way to express their own tastes.

The mood is what I actually want to convey. I certainly don't try to pull a "wow" to the persons who are glancing at these.
Quote:
Borders and text, make or break your signature. Your borders are nice and simple, which is good, but the text. Just. Please. Stop typing. =P the less words there are, the better it is. If your gonna have alot of words, make them small, blend them well, and please try your damndest to make sure they don't rob the render of attention.
Hou... so I must reduce the text size so they are impossible to read?
I'm sorry, but I believe that words can be as effective as any effect or render expression. As result, if they can be something that can pinpoint the mood for those who bother to give a glance to them, that isn't something I would ignore, especially as content isn't the only thing, but composition and font.

Hence, the text is not meant to be as part of the background, but something to be on its own. As result, blending them like crazy would rather defeat the purpose of description and additional detail. That would rather make them pointless and too discreet, though I don't think putting large and flashy text is any good either, hence why I don't abuse effects on them.
Quote:
Even my text in my current sig is a little too stand out.
That's your only opinion.
Quote:
But anyways, yah. Finally, get practicing on luminance if you REALLY wanna get it going well. While your sigs have lighting "effects" so to speak, like rays and sparkles, none, I mean none, have ambience or luminance. Meaning that it's the same as seeing a flashlight that doesn't make a beam, just a little light in the middle of nothing. =P I'm practicing this now, so i'm definately critsizing, not looking down on you, but take my sig for example again. Roxas looks sorta like he's under a large glowing yellow light, well the original render was a plain sketch coloured in =P If you find anything I said offensive to your work, i'm sorry, but this is like critical advice? =P
I certainly don't feel this way, so I would wholeheartedly suggest you to read again what you write (no, i'm not looking down on you, it is a critic), especially that I wouldn't exactly think as a real "critic" when you compare someone's work with something totally unrelated.

Speaking of luminance, I simply don't see the points of it considering how the signatures I have made so far are done, except few exceptions I worked on already: they simply wouldn't fit much considering the way I did them in a straightforward fashion. Though, as mentioned earlier, considering my view of composition, I wouldn't exactly feel like it.

That is basically trying to add pepper and salt to a dessert. I see what you mean by adding luminance, though I believe such point is absolutely not fitting the way how I did the signatures so far. That would most likely fit bastract and C4D type of signatures, which are far different from what I do. Completely different style.
Quote:
Btw, how does a guy get a Graphics Artist title around here? =P
User CP.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2008-09-10 at 19:44. Reason: typo
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 18:45   Link #450
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

While I'm not Klash, hear my 2 cents, What is art to you? Is it not the way you express yourself? So why restrict yourself with this is right, oh this is wrong.

By your definition, Picasso's must have been a sucky artist. Nor is some abstract art that sold for thousand or million of dollars. Yet his art is well known thorough out the world.

True, there's a guideline, but in expressing oneselves.. one must really look at them as guidelines.. not rules to be followed up straight to the T. Klash has evolved his style over time and find a style that he can proudly claimed as his own. I can take one glance and could recognized almost each and everyones's style in FC here even tho I rarely commented on any of the threads nowadays (and it shows with my thread's lack of the prominent members replies in it as well as of late ) and that, in my humble opinion, is one way to express uniqueness tru art itself.

edit: Damn Klash.. type slower next time >.>
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 19:08   Link #451
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Yay, I can't wait to see the next sig in this current series you're working on. I think they look fabulous so far and I'm really digging the themes and color schemes.

Wonderful reply above as well. Artists should not have to justify themselves if the art isn't understood or appreciated by others. I for one am a fan of your works

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 19:18   Link #452
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Eh, Klash has his style and it's just how it is. He's one of my inspirations on this board actually, I enjoy the look and the overall mood he creates. I also enjoy his descriptions into what he was trying to achieve with each signature, it's fun to see some of the thought process behind a creators works.

Everyone has their own thing they like to put into their signatures. /shrug
Old 2008-09-10, 19:28   Link #453
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Wonderful reply above as well. Artists should not have to justify themselves if the art isn't understood or appreciated by others. I for one am a fan of your works
I honestly believe that my signatures are nowhere near of art, though these are the result of 4 years of hobby, with the same "method" and style that I kept at heart. I believe justification can (and sometimes SHOULD) be given as it would be a nice way to explain and determine how the maker viewed the way how the feeling had to be conveyed (this is actually the reason why I don't comment much, as I rather read people posts and others' comments, though I believe I should stop being lazy).

I believe that "cannot be understood/appreciated" is a bit too much for such kind of hobby (well my works notably), though I certainly think that such comment have their impact... if it is fitting the circumstances (should I was a SFX/abstract maker, I would certainly take such post in a very different way).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Eh, Klash has his style and it's just how it is. He's one of my inspirations on this board actually, I enjoy the look and the overall mood he creates.
Now you are really surprising me here . I honestly believe I was too much of a classic and stubborn one, so I thought you and some others, such like shana, would certainly give more attention to people like Sephi, you managed to use a fresher way... though I might be a bit on the left field, after how I don't exactly spend a lot of time on FC, for activities that seem rather excuses (promise, I will do more efforts for C&C).
Quote:
I also enjoy his descriptions into what he was trying to achieve with each signature, it's fun to see some of the thought process behind a creators works.
Shimatta... I'm sometimes way too overboard with these and borderline offtopic... speaking of which, I have to do that for the most recent "PINKU" signature, and I feel i might be too depressive

Thanks everyone for your comments, I feel like I wasn't keeping such old fashioned and "stubborn/unfresh" style for nothing ^^".
Old 2008-09-10, 21:49   Link #454
LeminLyme
absence of interest
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to LeminLyme Send a message via MSN to LeminLyme Send a message via Yahoo to LeminLyme
Ahh sorry klash, i WAS giving tips on making eye candy =P Art to me is nothing of importance to be considered so high and mightily that you are offended at the comments on it or something (this last bit isn't directed at anyone, just saying) so I don't really think of it as expression myself, but rather a game of making the better eye candy. Gotsta has my eyecandy<3

Good luck with your development Klash~ =) Your sigs are eleagant if nothing imo, so rockon! Or... Don't rock. Eleagance doesn't support rock. HARP ON! I keed. I'm so out of my mind today v_v too much damn homework.
Old 2008-09-10, 22:13   Link #455
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
OMGLOL, that's so ridiculous.
Where is it from?
lol XD

yea I found it on an imageboard D:
isn't it just ridiculously long, way too long to be used in reality
Quote:
While I'm not Klash, hear my 2 cents, What is art to you? Is it not the way you express yourself? So why restrict yourself with this is right, oh this is wrong.

By your definition, Picasso's must have been a sucky artist. Nor is some abstract art that sold for thousand or million of dollars. Yet his art is well known thorough out the world.

True, there's a guideline, but in expressing oneselves.. one must really look at them as guidelines.. not rules to be followed up straight to the T. Klash has evolved his style over time and find a style that he can proudly claimed as his own. I can take one glance and could recognized almost each and everyones's style in FC here even tho I rarely commented on any of the threads nowadays (and it shows with my thread's lack of the prominent members replies in it as well as of late ) and that, in my humble opinion, is one way to express uniqueness tru art itself.

edit: Damn Klash.. type slower next time >.>
yea like my thread ;__;
all you do on me thread is complain i don't share cookie >.>;;

bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-10, 23:29   Link #456
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Now you are really surprising me here . I honestly believe I was too much of a classic and stubborn one, so I thought you and some others, such like shana, would certainly give more attention to people like Sephi, you managed to use a fresher way... though I might be a bit on the left field, after how I don't exactly spend a lot of time on FC, for activities that seem rather excuses (promise, I will do more efforts for C&C).
Meh, I'm not one for unwarranted flattery. I enjoy classic and modern, there's value in both. Newer styles might be more "eye catching" but classics tend to be elegant...kind of like movies, no? I like to pull my influences from all places.

Don't feel so bad about visiting, a lot of us old timers seem to be busy as of late.

Quote:
Shimatta... I'm sometimes way too overboard with these and borderline offtopic... speaking of which, I have to do that for the most recent "PINKU" signature, and I feel i might be too depressive
Offtopic? Bah it's your thread! It's as on topic as you want it to be. ^^ Just letting you know that some of us do like to read them.
Old 2008-10-08, 23:10   Link #457
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Duh, almost 1 month without any update...
Surely I'm not forgetting about finishing the umineko witch set, but heck, it is quite a pain to find an appropriate render for Beato ~~"

Ah well, this time, I "managed" to fulfill an old request.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.

-dimensions: 500 x 120
-text: Valky
-Colors: liked the combination with light brown from the wallie, though, I'll leave it up to you if you think another color would fit more.
-You don't need to use both valkies. Though, feel free to include the second (small one) if you think both can actually fit in the sig.

After Dan was able to finish his vector and wallpaper, I got completely stuck because I couldn't find an appropriate mood or BG (valkyrie, by default, have many possible themes: war, redemption, holy presence, etc). Almost 2 weeks without a proper choice in mind.
As result, I ended up with a "classic" structure, though I couldn't help myself with light brown, and rather used a mixture of gold, yellow and orange, for some effect of light/fire and twilight.

For once, I tried to change the usual "plain" glow, and tried some radiate and irregular flowing aura on the sword, though since the original vector made it grey, it wasn't exactly easy to make it overly white and sharp without making it "flat".

The chanting text is the actual incantation chant for "Revolution" in Yggdra Union, solely reserved for Yggdra and Valkyrie units. I wanted it part of the BG and it was supposed to be first in glittering gold, but it was a bit too outstanding and clashing with the mood, so I changed it into a faint white.
Old 2008-10-08, 23:38   Link #458
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

That is gorgeous. Simple, colorful, and very eye catching.
Old 2008-10-09, 00:18   Link #459
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Yay! Great use of Daniel's work! I'm digging the colors and the style you have there, and I don't mind the quote in the top left, so I think you did a fine job implementing it without making it too difficult to read or stand out too much.
One thing I think would be nice to try out is a different color on that sword. I see what you're saying with using a sharp white from the grey, but what if it was more of a fiery color?

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 00:49   Link #460
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:

Ah well, this time, I "managed" to fulfill an old request.

I do plan to use it folks. Just want to give Marina's current sig a proper run before changing to full Valky mode.