AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-11-08, 23:04   Link #61
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Well Tyreese did chain the door, so it's not like the zombies will get to him (assuming he breaks the pipe the handcuffs are chained to and doesn't dehydrate or starve).

Maybe that helicopter Grimes saw is foreshadowing lol.

Also:
Quote:
Since debuting Sunday, October 31, "The Walking Dead" has broken ratings records, with the series reaching more Adults 18-49 than any other show in the history of cable television.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-11-08 at 23:21.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 23:36   Link #62
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
How is using sex to get protection not self-reliance? . If the only way I could survive an apocalypse was to sleep with some ugly guy, then I damn well will sleep with that ugly guy. Pride does not matter in the end, only survival, and Sex can be a downright powerful tool even when used in the hands of a novice...much the same as a gun .
If that's the only way anyone is surviving an apocalypse, consider me dead.

There's just somethings I won't do, even if it means living or dying. Not that a situation like that would ever in a bazillion years come about, but there's no way in hell I would do that.

But then again, sex with someone else means a bit more to me, and isn't done lightly.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 00:42   Link #63
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Well Tyreese did chain the door, so it's not like the zombies will get to him (assuming he breaks the pipe the handcuffs are chained to and doesn't dehydrate or starve).

Also:
woah really!? I didnt think the show would be THAT popular
Old 2010-11-09, 06:53   Link #64
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post

Also:
That was T-Dog, not Tyreese. IIRC it's a new character fot the TV series.

Well the good thing with this is that they actually don't follow the comic series to the letter. There's still suspense and surprise in watching the former while knowing the later.
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 10:08   Link #65
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So they already announced 2nd season with 13 episodes starting in February.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 10:30   Link #66
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
So they already announced 2nd season with 13 episodes starting in February.
They are going to start filming next February. So the show probably won't be out until September/sometime October.

btw, here is a break down of the ratings thus far:

Quote:
Ratings Highlights for the The Walking Dead - Episode 1, which premiered on AMC Sunday, 10/31:

10pm airing - 3.7 HH rating with over 5.3 million total viewers;

Adults 18-49 - 3.6 million viewers;

Adults 25-54 - 3.1 million viewers;

Men 18-49 - 2.0 million viewers;

---

Ratings Highlights for The Walking Dead - Episode 2, which premiered on AMC Sunday, 11/7:

10pm airing - 3.1 HH (household) rating with over 4.7 million viewers;

Adults 18-49 - 3.3 million viewers;

Adults 25-54 - 2.8 million viewers;

Men 18-49 - 2.1 million viewers.
That's damn good retention rates, and the fact that men 18-49 went up between the two episodes is quite impressive.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 20:29   Link #67
Lost Cause

Yeah, during the show there was a blurb that said something like 11 million viewers watched TWD first episode!
And from what I remember of the sneak peek into next weeks episode: Dixon or Dobson (the guy on the roof) is still handcuffed to the pipe, something comes thru the door(!), and he has a brother! Grimes and company finally make it too the basecamp(dum de dum dum!) and he says something about going back to town!
A second season?! YES!!!
I have noticed though that none of the survivors are packing anything more serious than a high powered hunting rifle, and handguns, no AKs, ARs, machine guns or even shotguns (although Grimes had a duffle bag full)! Nothing like we speculated in the old Zombie thread. I kinda wander why?
And yes I think the helicopter might show up, the camera sure stared at it for awhile.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 20:34   Link #68
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Yeah, during the show there was a blurb that said something like 11 million viewers watched TWD first episode!
And from what I remember of the sneak peek into next weeks episode: Dixon or Dobson (the guy on the roof) is still handcuffed to the pipe, something comes thru the door(!), and he has a brother! Grimes and company finally make it too the basecamp(dum de dum dum!) and he says something about going back to town!
A second season?! YES!!!
I have noticed though that none of the survivors are packing anything more serious than a high powered hunting rifle, and handguns, no AKs, ARs, machine guns or even shotguns (although Grimes had a duffle bag full)! Nothing like we speculated in the old Zombie thread. I kinda wander why?
And yes I think the helicopter might show up, the camera sure stared at it for awhile.
Rick's got a shotgun in his hands in the preview for episode 3 if I remember correctly. I don't know why we're not seeing people armed with AR's, AK's, or anything else heavy hitting, as this is the South. Everyone has a couple of Evil Black Rifles out there.

Hell even a Mini-14 for crying outloud. Who doesn't have a Mini-14?

(sorry for the old picture need to take new ones with the newly finished AR )

Old 2010-11-09, 20:35   Link #69
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Rick's got a shotgun in his hands in the preview for episode 3 if I remember correctly. I don't know why we're not seeing people armed with AR's, AK's, or anything else heavy hitting, as this is the South. Everyone has a couple of Evil Black Rifles out there.
Shotguns are more popular then your average AK? Or, thats what they might think atleast thats just my opinion. Besides, there is always "1" shotgun in "almost" every single zombie movie/show I watched in the past
Old 2010-11-09, 20:57   Link #70
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Shotguns are more popular then your average AK? Or, thats what they might think atleast thats just my opinion. Besides, there is always "1" shotgun in "almost" every single zombie movie/show I watched in the past
More common would be a better description Hooves. Down South almost every home had a "bird gun" (shotgun) in it!
I haven't seen the comic book but it seems (if you believe the media) that the AR15 is very popular right now, followed by the AK47.
And justinstrife, I think your on to something the with "the evil black rifle" thing. The popular media and various other groups wouldn't like the idea of normal everyday folks roaming around with a para-military weapon!
And I want to see A Steyr show up, just so I can hear fallschirmjager squeal like a school girl!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-09, 21:15   Link #71
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Between my dad and I, we own 6 shotguns. Everyone but one that I know who owns firearms, owns at least one shotgun. Whether for hunting, home defense, or clay shooting. I think there is a good possibility, that there are more shotguns in private homes, than AR's and AK's combined. Also considering you can buy a 12g pump shotgun for less than 500 dollars all day long, makes them more affordable(and after Obama was elected in 2008, shotgun ammo was ALL you could find at the stores for months).
Old 2010-11-10, 03:13   Link #72
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Sex can be an effective tool at times, getting men or women to do what you want (I'm sure any adult knows this ), so I do not see what is so strange about a woman using their body to gain a protector in the events of a Zombie Apocalypse (I don't kow why the person being a family friend should matter more). Is it degrading? Sure as hell, but pride means nothing if you are defenseless and can get killed in the mean time. And if she is doing it to protect her child? Then hell yes. A parents first duty should always be toward their child.
I agree with you that sex can be as an effective tool at times But let me ask you this: Why does Rick's wife needs to use sex in the first place? Isn't he her husbands best friend, shouldn't he protect her and her son anyway. I would have accepted that she could have used sex on some unknown man to have him protect her an her son. But this leads me to believe that there was some affair before the zombie attack. Also even if there were months between the attack and Rick's waking up. Going for another man only months after your husband is dead (she probably wasn't even sure of this) isn't right.
Old 2010-11-10, 17:01   Link #73
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Finally watch ep 2 .

Great episode . New survivors .
Merle is fucked up
Glen is awesome with the camaro

Ep 3 = Drama romance ? I can see the scene. Rick's "best friend" & wife -Oh Shiiiit....- well like some movies .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-10, 18:02   Link #74
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

better him than dead. his Best friend was there to save them etc.
Old 2010-11-11, 05:06   Link #75
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Let's say that the issue between Rick, his friend and his wife gets treated in a less polarized way and perhaps more human in the comic than what we usually see in fiction. And this being a zombie apocalypse, a lot of rules of conduct drawn by common sense and law fall apart.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 08:40   Link #76
Ending

Spoiler for major spoilers...:

Last edited by james0246; 2010-11-11 at 09:40.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 08:46   Link #77
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending View Post
Have to wonder why they didn't attempt to drive that tank, by the way. I can imagine driving it to the highway, turning around, and squishing a fair number of deadies.
It was most likely out of gas/had broken down, or they lacked the knowledge of operating it (not that I would know, but I guess it isn't just turning the key and get rollin'). Something made it stop in the first place.

Though if it had stopped simply because one of the crew had been bitten and he had infected everyone else, then, yes, I don't see why they couldn't have tried to make it work...

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 12:52   Link #78
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
I'm not sure specifically about that tank, but I think most tanks take at least two people to drive it, so when Rick was stuck in there, that wasn't an option. It might have been with glen though..

question: what happened to the frag Rick picked up? Did he just pocket it and not tell anyone?

School Rumble 4Ever!
I'm on FB search "jym cl"
mindovermatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-11, 13:47   Link #79
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermatter View Post
question: what happened to the frag Rick picked up? Did he just pocket it and not tell anyone?
Yea, IIRC, he still has it on him as he didn't use it, though I almost expected him to.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-12, 23:03   Link #80
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

It makes me so sad that I always miss the time that this shows.. I wonder if they have it on any sites like youtube if I'm lucky.

Tags
zombie apocalypse, zombies