Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-01, 04:39   Link #1981
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Actually, I'm curious now how Toshio was able to pull off the reveal in the novels. Here he only managed to out Chizuru because she thought Toshio was under his influence but he was actually helped by Natsuno, if Natsuno didn't bite him I don't see how that would have worked. Plus it looks like Natsuno set the fire that destroyed the village and got both Kaori and Akira out of the village, he ended up doing a lot of small things and I'm curious how all that worked out in the novels with him dead.
The reveal was most likely completely different. I would also like to know how Toshio did it without Natsuno's help. Maybe he simply left Kyouko alive and brought her to the villagers? Or captured another Shiki?

As for Akira... perhaps he kicked the bucket in the novel. He didn't play any role in the last few episodes.
Old 2011-01-01, 04:42   Link #1982
PzIVf3

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
I think Natsuno's aim was actually to bury them both in that hole...and the way the explosion looked from the view we got above suggests that he succeeded. He's "inconvenient, isn't it?" may be more that he'll be buried alive, and would starve to death. Of course, to anyone who knows how dynamite is used (I think he'd have to stick it into the wall to get the desired effect), that seems quite ridiculous - unless he did manage to stick it into the wall...
I know Tatsumi is superior hand to hand fighting and quick thinking method than anyone he would kick the dynamite out of his hand and throw into the air and dive into the corpse as a shield. If they want to get out the hole they will use the body bags of corpse and tied up together to reach their exit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecd View Post
I not sure if Mr Kirishiki is dead
clearly he has become shiki and do you think that the collapsing castle would kill him?
The thick hard stone can resist fire im sure Mr. K has another his own secret hidden trap doors there.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 05:07   Link #1983
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Kirishiki was under Natsuno influence and completely lost it.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 06:13   Link #1984
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Actually, I'm curious now how Toshio was able to pull off the reveal in the novels. Here he only managed to out Chizuru because she thought Toshio was under his influence but he was actually helped by Natsuno, if Natsuno didn't bite him I don't see how that would have worked. Plus it looks like Natsuno set the fire that destroyed the village and got both Kaori and Akira out of the village, he ended up doing a lot of small things and I'm curious how all that worked out in the novels with him dead.
So then without Natsuno, Kaori also would have died in the novel?
Old 2011-01-01, 07:20   Link #1985
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Eto...what happened to Kaori when she encountered her father should be the same as in the novel (up to a certain point). I think they might cover it in the extra episodes, so I won't say what happened...

Ah, but I'm guessing that Akira would have died...so probably a bad end for Kaori anyway.

=====

On a rather irrelevant note, they finally changed the novel's Japanese wiki entry so that the order of the characters to reflects their actual importance to the plot. Natsuno used to be listed first for some reason - he's now listed fourth.

Oh, and we've hit 100 pages...almost 2000 posts!

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2011-01-01 at 07:32.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 08:11   Link #1986
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It was a good final episode, but considering the last few episodes were nothing short of brilliant, this was kind of a letdown by comparison.

Overall Score: 8/10

I found most of the first half kinda slow and boring but from there it steadily improved.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 10:55   Link #1987
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

how did the little bro survive and knows that his sis is in that hospital??
Old 2011-01-01, 10:58   Link #1988
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
We're sure to find out in the DVD only episodes that will be released in the Summer.
Old 2011-01-01, 11:46   Link #1989
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Spoiler for Novel:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 13:54   Link #1990
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
I know no spoilers, but I can certainly guess. Right when Akira was about to get Shiki'd, Natsuno ended his encounter with Toshio at the clinic and dashed off somewhere in a big hurry. Not hard to speculate where he might have been headed.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 14:10   Link #1991
zette

Mixed feelings about this one -- the ep itself was pretty good but I'm not sure if I like that ending. Overall though, Shiki is an excellent anime and I'll definitely miss it now that it's over.
Old 2011-01-01, 15:36   Link #1992
henwy

The responses of some of the people on here really disturbs me and put me into a histrionic weep for the world state if I actually still gave a crap. There are some really screwed up moral compasses around here if there are so many people who can pop up to defend death loli, the priest, and even Megumi, who is about as unsympathetic a character as possible. At least the first two clearly have psychological issues, but we don't write charles manson a blank check just because some neurons in his brain are misfiring or he had a shitty childhood. Megumi doesn't even have that to fall back on as she willingly embraced evil out of nothing more than spite. There is absolutely no moral equivalence between deciding to attack and kill an entire village of strangers and deciding to organize a resistance once you discover you are under attack. None.
henwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 16:45   Link #1993
maplehurry

Quote:
Megumi doesn't even have that to fall back on as she willingly embraced evil out of nothing more than spite.
Well, she looks cute to some people. And some guys like evil chicks just like how some chicks like evil guys.
maplehurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 17:03   Link #1994
Coco hime
hime sama ~ ♥

I gotta say I feel the complete opposite. Megumi was one of the most sympathetic chars throughout the whole show imo. I don't see at all how so many people are hating on her and the other shiki. She was oppressed by the village her entire life. They were ruining her! On top of that, the only person she really cared for had absolutely no interest in her. So of course when someone that's put in that kind of situation get the opportunity for revenge, they're gonna to take it. I don't know how you can label her as being evil especially knowing what she went through.

A lot of the same things go for Sunako. Never did I feel anything she did throughout the series was out of malice or cruel intention. It's not like she asked to be turned into a shiki so she could go out and kill people, it just happened. She went through so much after she was turned and was all alone for so long. I find it amazing the way she carries herself, facing all adversity. Trying to overtake the village was not short of being very ambitious especially for someone that could have easily just given up. She fought for what she wanted, a family and a place to call home.

Seishin I feel sorry for too. At least going by what people here said about his char in the novel. The anime alone made him feel a little... off. But still I do sympathize with him because he felt trapped. Not as much as Sunako or Megumi tho, because I believe someone said he tried to commit suicide while attending university which I'm assuming wasn't in the village. So obviously while he was out he could have just ran away from all his problems (Having to be a monk, taking care of the villagers, ect...) but it could have just been overbearing for him. Can't really tell though since it wasn't on screen. But yeah, I really wish they did better showing his personality in the anime given he was a major role. I liked him a lot more toward the end when he was actually doing stuff.

Sooo ya, I was just shocked and appalled when I saw so many comments bashing Megumi, Sunako, and Seishin. Can't you see at all that they just wanted a happy life?!? Somewhere they could feel like they belong?!?
Coco hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-01, 17:39   Link #1995
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco hime View Post
I gotta say I feel the complete opposite. Megumi was one of the most sympathetic chars throughout the whole show imo. I don't see at all how so many people are hating on her and the other shiki. She was oppressed by the village her entire life. They were ruining her! On top of that, the only person she really cared for had absolutely no interest in her. So of course when someone that's put in that kind of situation get the opportunity for revenge, they're gonna to take it. I don't know how you can label her as being evil especially knowing what she went through.
She took pleasure in killing people. If i remember correctly, that's 'evil'. So what if she didn't like the place where she was born or that the person she loved didn't love them back. Try looking at it from the other characters views, and not just hers.

I understand that she just wanted a 'happy life', though it doesn't mean she can get away with killing innocent people, and finding pleasure from it.
Old 2011-01-01, 17:42   Link #1996
achirist

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for Novel:
I like that much, much better. I don't think Megumi is to blame for taunting Kaori in the series, either; she and her little brother should have minded their own buisness. Megumi wanted an escape from the youth-hating culture of the village, and instead she wound up being turned into someone who had to suck blood in order to survive, and had to make people into vampires (and the goal was not kill people, but give them a new, longer life; the vampires didn't even kill people like natsuno, toshio, etc. early on when they got the chance; they were only trying to give them the gift of immortality and the chance to become jinrou) However, this is the reality of global capitalism; people make billions of dollars by exploiting child sweatshop labor and human slavery. No one says they are wrong, yet beautiful, sacred vampires are thrown stones at from pathetic christian morality.
Old 2011-01-01, 17:45   Link #1997
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirist View Post
I don't think Megumi is to blame for taunting Kaori in the series, either.
What the hell, why? Megumi killed Kaori's father, and then went and told her about it. All because Megumi was told that Kaori is trying to get close to the man she loved, and ended up being a complete lie. She was being controlled by her one sided love.

I enjoyed Megumi in the series, though how most of you look at her at being a saint that has never done anything wrong seriously makes me question some people.
Old 2011-01-01, 17:48   Link #1998
achirist

I don't care much for saints myself, but Megumi didn't kill Kaori's father, she gave him the chance for a new, longer life as a vampire; toshio and the villagers are the ones who actually killed him.
Old 2011-01-01, 17:49   Link #1999
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I don't care much for saints myself, but Megumi didn't kill Kaori's father, she gave him the chance for a new, longer life as a vampire; toshio and the villagers are the ones who actually killed him.
Ah, so that's how you're going to look at this then. Fair enough. I'll end my part in this discussion then.
Old 2011-01-01, 17:58   Link #2000
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
I'll play along,even if I were to agree she did him a service,was she really biting him with that intent in mind?

She probably didn't care if he were to rise or not,she clearly states that's she's not doing this as some kind of favor,but to hurt Kaori,and she's clearly enjoying it.

Tags
horror, shounen, supernatural, vampire