AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Old 2006-11-18, 18:47   Link #101
Angelhairpasta

Send a message via Yahoo to Angelhairpasta
I live in California. Where I swear we are the last to get any new manga. I mean it must take a month after its released.
Angelhairpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-18, 20:37   Link #102
puffypancake

Thumbs up

I get a bunch of Yaoi Manga from http://www.hammergirlanime.com. They don't seem to have a lot, but I've emailed them and they added titles to the website for me. The girl who answered my email said they don't keep enough stock in their retail store for both so they only put a little bit up cause they deal mostly with figures and stuff.
puffypancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 16:06   Link #103
Pockylova28

I just go to a Borders near me.
Pockylova28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 16:16   Link #104
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelhairpasta View Post
I live in California. Where I swear we are the last to get any new manga. I mean it must take a month after its released.
If you're talking about English language releases, yeah --- they run a week or two later because they're usually produced Back East (new york, chicago, etc) depending on the publisher. Even then, it depends on the quality of the personnel ordering the stock -- all the vendors suck at any given moment and shine at others (B&N, Borders, Powells, etc). Pre-ordering on their websites usually beats out the local bookstore by a week or more.

If you're talking about Japanese language editions .... then you have to figure Japan fills their shelves first before shipping overseas. You might have faster luck if you're near a Kinokinuya Bookstore (Several West Coast locations) but otherwise you'll be airshipping via amazon.co.jp if you want them hot off the press.
Old 2006-11-22, 13:33   Link #105
alphabetsoup

Sorry if this is too off-topic, but is there any other deputy service that's like Akibado.. but *not* Akibado? I tried to order something through them earlier this year, and I was very unhappy with them. I'd just use something else, but all the ones I can find are auction-only.
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 22:54   Link #106
Akeval

Send a message via AIM to Akeval
Where to buy Manga?

not really asking for stuff...just where to buy manga, or well...where do you buy from, or where is the best place, i've already purchased from discountanimedvd.com, but they are really slow in processing and delivering.
Old 2006-11-25, 23:29   Link #107
Lunchbox

I just pick it up at Barnes & Noble. >_>

But, you could find a good amount on www.amazon.com I guess.
Lunchbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-29, 18:55   Link #108
lovelessleia

hiya
i mostly buy my manga from amazon sellers or http://www.discountanimedvd.com.
lovelessleia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-20, 22:41   Link #109
Kawaramachi

I live in Kyoto and I work at a used manga book shop if anyone is looking for some cheap Japanese manga let me know. Start at around 100yen more popular ones are more expencive though.
Kawaramachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-24, 22:18   Link #110
ladyivorypale

Kawaramachi, would your store happen to carry Kaze to Ki no Uta, FAKE, Pet Shop of Horrors, Gravitation, or Loveless? (can you guess which genre I like? ; ) ).

And also, anyone know a place in or near chicago where I can get used manga, I don't really care what language they are in. I would love to buy new books, but most of the series that I follow are 10+ volumes long, and that really adds up.
ladyivorypale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 20:58   Link #111
shadow dragon spawn

Unhappy Where to find naruto for cheap

Does anyone know where i can find Naruto novels for cheap ? when ever i buy one it completely cleans out a few months allowance.
shadow dragon spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 21:50   Link #112
vesentac
Long time troller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawaramachi View Post
I live in Kyoto and I work at a used manga book shop if anyone is looking for some cheap Japanese manga let me know. Start at around 100yen more popular ones are more expencive though.
How much does the Full Metal Panic Novels cost? Looking at anything past One Man Burning Force. I think it's time to practice my reading skils (No more manga!).

Can you pm a cost and possibly shipping?
vesentac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 21:53   Link #113
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It depends entirely what part of the world you live in (US? Singapore? Germany?, etc) ... but there's bound to be a "used manga" or "used books" store where you can scrounge around for volumes. For example, where I live there's a huge bookstore called Powell's that sells used books for less depending on their condition. If you're willing to wait a bit some folks sell them after reading them. Otherwise, you might browse ebay or just start google-shopping for it and see what appears.
Old 2007-02-08, 12:08   Link #114
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
This is probably off-topic, but it doesn't exactly warrant a new topic.

I order my manga from bn.com, since my local Barnes&Noble is rather inconsistent about ordering and stocking the newest manga releases. Lately (as in since the start of the year), my manga has been shipping 7-9 days before they are supposed to be! Now, I'm not complaining, of course... It's just kind of odd. I ordered 3 volumes which are scheduled to be released on Feb.13th today, and they immediately were ready for shipping!
Old 2007-02-08, 19:37   Link #115
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Since the web orders are shipped from central warehouses.. they often ship long before the brick'n'mortar get them. The manager of the B&N near me says they don't even get much choice as to what they get at the salepoint anymore -- she can request a 1000 copies of something with angry mobs outside and some doofus upstream uses their projections to ship 4 copies.
She's kind of an unhappy camper with the centralization of decisionmaking.

DVDpacific (an anime source) often gets me pre-order anime as much as a month ahead of street date
Old 2007-02-09, 13:14   Link #116
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

If you live anywhere in the Greater Toronto Area (Ontario, Canada), you should try a place called "The Beguiling". It's located on Bathurst and Bloor, and is behind Honest Ed's (along Bloor). Right now, the pricing of Manga is the US cover price (so $10-11 Cdn). Good selection of series and they keep up with new releases. Manga is on the second floor, but you should look on the first floor for other stuff too.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-21, 09:56   Link #117
Jeffers

Where to get Mangas ???

Hi everyone , I would like to know where can I find some espisodes to read or to watch? I don't have TV anymore and I would like to find LEGAL mangas on the web. I don't care if I have to pay to access to the website and I'm looking for any king of mangas.
Hope I'll get some answers, thank you all.
Jeffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-22, 12:52   Link #118
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You're not being really clear.... you ask where to get manga but then you talk like you're looking for anime episodes ("tv" "watch" "episodes" ??)

"Legal" kind of depends on your opinion about licensed and unlicensed material but if you visit manganews.net, it will provide leads on where to get scanlations of unlicensed material. If you want to *buy* paperbacks of english-translated licensed material then (amazon.com, bn.com, gomanga.com, tokyopop.com) are starting points. The latter two are starting to experiment with online manga. If you can read japanese, there are a lot more sites to point out.

If you're actually looking for anime, then thats a different thread.
Old 2007-02-28, 15:42   Link #119
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
more dutchies links, the manga store i buy at also allows people to order manga from USA, they do home deliveries and store pick ups, good thing is they handle the more recent releases as well, unlike Bol.com that has to wait for the things to be brought into our country, Comicasa's the best

here's their site, its dutch ofcourse
http://www.comicasa.nl/phpcode/info/info.php
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 10:56   Link #120
Question
Crossdresser

The manga scence in singapore is pretty sad, all the english manga is mainly from a publisher called Chuang Yi, tokyo pop, del roy, etc manga can only be obtained from kino kuniya stores, and they are expensive(direct convertion of US price to singapore currency, nearly 1:2 ratio), so no other local stores will carry them. And the kino kuniya here seems to be taking forever to restock...

Tags
buying, import, japanese language, manga