AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-02-01, 16:44   Link #1
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Graduation M

This is a short 2 or 4 episode OVA (I forget which) of a male perspective of the older well-known anime, Graduation. Graduation was about a group of girls in an all girl high school, this is about a group of guys in an all guy high school. No yaoi, but all the main characters are bish, and it actually has some good comedy within it.

Episode 1 is proudly presented by 3D-Fansubs. No channel as of yet, only available via torrent, hehe. As a note for those wondering, 3D-Fansubs isn't a group of new people to fansubbing. It literally consists of 3 D's. Dragosmore (me), Demn, and Dunno001

Enjoy!
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 17:36   Link #2
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Damn! I wanted to be the first to start a thread about this show!

I *really* liked it.

Keep subbing it! You know that atleast *I'll* download it.

^_^
JAppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 18:16   Link #3
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I can't dl the torrent with shadows bt client. When I click the bt link it just opens up my media player and ends up with an error. Is their some kind of trick to it.
Old 2004-02-01, 18:17   Link #4
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
I can't dl the torrent with shadows bt client. When I click the bt link it just opens up my media player and ends up with an error. Is their some kind of trick to it.
Right click on the link and hit "save as"
Old 2004-02-01, 18:26   Link #5
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Right click on the link and hit "save as"
When you say "save as" you mean save target as right. Did that and still got the same error with the media player classic poping up and with error message. Hm.. is this only happening to me or to others as well.
Old 2004-02-01, 18:49   Link #6
davFunereal
Village watchman.

I liked the first episode a lot. But what does "bish" mean--it's slang right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragosmore
No yaoi, but all the main characters are bish
davFunereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 18:54   Link #7
Dragosmore
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davFunereal
I liked the first episode a lot. But what does "bish" mean--it's slang right?
Short for bishounen. Simply put as pretty boy, girlish-looking guys :P
Old 2004-02-01, 19:33   Link #8
okaasan

graduation M

Quote:
When you say "save as" you mean save target as right. Did that and still got the same error with the media player classic poping up and with error message. Hm.. is this only happening to me or to others as well.

I can't download it....I'm in the same situation...
I want to see it

Nobody can help ?
Please....
okaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 19:58   Link #9
skuldsbugs

When you right click and use save as... when you see the name of the file, add .torrent at the end to make it a torrent file and it should work fine after that.
skuldsbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-01, 20:00   Link #10
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuldsbugs
When you right click and use save as... when you see the name of the file, add .torrent at the end to make it a torrent file and it should work fine after that.
Works now, thanks.
Old 2004-02-01, 20:06   Link #11
JAppi
Banned

Quote:
Works now, thanks.
Sorry forgot to mention that you should make sure the .torrent part is at the end. Mozilla took care fo that for me. ^_^
Old 2004-02-02, 02:00   Link #12
okaasan

Talking ^______^

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuldsbugs

Thanks a lot .....you're great... it's work now...

big kiss
okaasan
okaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 02:06   Link #13
chamelean75

Well I downloaded it and watched it. I have to say that the anime is kinda slow and they introduce so many characters at once that there seems to little character development. I mean all I can get is, one acts like a kid, one is kinda macho and eats a lot, one is a bad boy, one is annorexic, and one likes animals. That's not realy a whole lot of character and the fact that it's only 2 episodes long, I'm not really sure how much character building is going to happen. I also find it really slow and maybe it's just me, but I didn't find it that funny. I've seen many more funny animes. I want to watch the rest just to see how it ends since it's so short.
chamelean75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 04:27   Link #14
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by chamelean75
Well I downloaded it and watched it. I have to say that the anime is kinda slow and they introduce so many characters at once that there seems to little character development. I mean all I can get is, one acts like a kid, one is kinda macho and eats a lot, one is a bad boy, one is annorexic, and one likes animals. That's not realy a whole lot of character and the fact that it's only 2 episodes long, I'm not really sure how much character building is going to happen. I also find it really slow and maybe it's just me, but I didn't find it that funny. I've seen many more funny animes. I want to watch the rest just to see how it ends since it's so short.
I wonder how it compares to the Tokimemo OAVs ^^; Is it the same "introduce everyone at once" approach that'll bore all the regular watchers to tears and have the fangirls drooling
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-02, 06:25   Link #15
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Well I downloaded it and watched it. I have to say that the anime is kinda slow and they introduce so many characters at once that there seems to little character development. I mean all I can get is, one acts like a kid, one is kinda macho and eats a lot, one is a bad boy, one is annorexic, and one likes animals. That's not realy a whole lot of character...
I pretty much go through the same thing every time I watch a game-based anime... the characters are usually reduced to clusters of little quirks, most of which are meant to signify to some micro-fetish (e.g. wearing glasses). And a couple of those things go on for 26 episodes @_@

I have seen other ones this bad, but this is down there alrighty... the second you are about to find out what is going on the scene is arbitrarily shifted... hard to believe that it was 26 minutes long, nothing happened... didn't like the music... blah blah blah...

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-05-12 at 18:55.
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 18:07   Link #16
Dragosmore
Translator

And... the second episode is out! What will be the fate of the five high school boys trying to bear through this hell that is known as Little Women? Why don't you guys go find out :P More good comedy, but this is the last ep of the OVA :\
Old 2004-05-15, 19:54   Link #17
silviachan

Graduation was about a group of girls in an all girl high school

Let's hope these ovas will be released, too^^
silviachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-15, 22:13   Link #18
Marine-RX179

I watched Graduation like....so many years ago....can't remember the storyline all that well now but I believe it was about the 5 girls developments through the high school years and their plans for the future......quite interesting if you don't mind the talks about serious stuffs.

Then there was like another 2 episodes OVAs called 'Sailor Victory' (if I remember right) featuring the girls from Graduation where in an alternate universe, they are heros (Ninjas?) fighting evil as well as piloting giant Ninja robots lol. Unlike Graduation revolve around serious talks about planning for the future, 'Sailor Victory' was more like a comedy simply just to be watched for fun and laughs without having to get too involved or having to try to think too much about it.

I remember when I watched 'Sailor Victory' right after finished watching 'Graduation', my first impression was 'rofl.....what the hell happened to those girls?', then later I discovered the 2 storys are not directly related......but still, it was interesting to get to see the different side of the characters.
Marine-RX179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-16, 16:12   Link #19
Demn

mmm. dunno001 is one sketchy character.
Demn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-17, 13:59   Link #20
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Same here. It advanced only at a snail's pace, and I found most of the gags rather lame... I've seen a lot of stuff already that was much funnier.
With similar series like this, I can at least enjoy the cute girls in it, but what with only boys being here, yawning ensued
Now that you're done with it, will you be doing the original series?
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote