AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

View Poll Results: Which fansub group subs Shingetsutan Tsukihime the best?
AnimeOne 8 22.86%
ANBU 10 28.57%
A-E & Keep 12 34.29%
Newlife Anime 4 11.43%
Saikou-Fansubs 0 0%
Anime-Empire 1 2.86%
Anime-Cookies 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-11-10, 02:25   Link #1
Lavender

Best subs for Tsukihime?...help me><....

There are lots of groups subbing Tsukihime, the better ones I think are ANBU, A-keep and Aone...but which of the three???....I've only started dl-in fansubs like less than a year ago. So I dun realli know the quality of some groups out there. I have been sticking with A-keep for a lot of the series. And I must say I like their work. But From froums and stuff I know that ANBU and Aone have realli good reputations as well. So which group is probably the better out of the three? and which group's Tsukihime should I get?~~Tasukete kudasai

And also, plz give me some opinions on which group's version of Peacemaker Kurogane(sp?) to get as well~
Lavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 02:55   Link #2
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I'm keeping Keep&AonE's version of Shingetsutan Tsukihime. If you want to know why, then download their version of the prologue. From what others have said, nobody excells at the translation and I like their encoding. I really like their editing best, the phrases they choose work best for the characters, IMHO.

As for Peacemaker Kurogane I really recommend Anime Forever. I downloaded theirs, Lunar and AnimeOne. There was nothing really wrong with Lunar or AnimeOne, but Anime Forever does an extraudinary job of conveying the culture at the end of the Bakematsu era. They also add liner notes at the beginning of the episodes that explain things that the other groups don't convey at all.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 05:16   Link #3
wwenze
Whatever...

Which Shingetsutan Tsukihime Fansub to choose

I know I'm a little behind after weeks of studying for tests. :P Want to start chasing another series and I picked this. (Coz of its length - I like short series, easier to complete and more plot per ep)

But then... I see 5 different fansubbers and I have to choose 1.

Which would u guys recommend?

(Big and easy to read subtitles preferred, even better if the subs are a distance away from the bottom so that they show up properly on my tv.
Size not a problem, but good quality's a must. Personally prefers Divx :P)

BTW why are Saikou-Fansub's eps so small in size compared to the rest?

Thanx for reading my post.

Edit by NoSanninWa: This was the start a new thread. For obvious reasons I merged it into this thread.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2003-11-10 at 05:42. Reason: Merged Threads
wwenze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 06:01   Link #4
mashadar
Inactive Member

If you want to get Tsukihime you should get from either NLA or Saikou.

The other groups have with their subs clearly showed that they have not played and understood the games that provide information that is important.

If you for some reason don't want to get NLA or Saikou then go for ANBU.

When I compared various parts of ep 4 from all groups NLA and Saikou got things correct that you would only know from the game OR by waiting another week and watch the coming ep instead of rushing it out. ANBU came close with one part where they did a qualified guess. Same part from A-E/Keep and Aone was more or less bullshitting.

In conclusion. If you have to chose between the three groups you listed, go for ANBU.
Otherwise I recommend NLA or Saikou.
mashadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 07:04   Link #5
user6177
Account Closed By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashadar
When I compared various parts of ep 4 from all groups NLA and Saikou got things correct that you would only know from the game OR by waiting another week and watch the coming ep instead of rushing it out. ANBU came close with one part where they did a qualified guess. Same part from A-E/Keep and Aone was more or less bullshitting.
Can you show us your comparison?
user6177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 07:40   Link #6
Lavender

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I'm keeping Keep&AonE's version of Shingetsutan Tsukihime. If you want to know why, then download their version of the prologue. From what others have said, nobody excells at the translation and I like their encoding. I really like their editing best, the phrases they choose work best for the characters, IMHO.

As for Peacemaker Kurogane I really recommend Anime Forever. I downloaded theirs, Lunar and AnimeOne. There was nothing really wrong with Lunar or AnimeOne, but Anime Forever does an extraudinary job of conveying the culture at the end of the Bakematsu era. They also add liner notes at the beginning of the episodes that explain things that the other groups don't convey at all.

um.....what do u mean u r keeping Keep&Aone's version? they are not doin it as a joint. Akeep is doing Tsukihime with A-E, not Aone....
Lavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 09:06   Link #7
hailstorm

Also around 18:45 of AKeep's Ep 5, there's a glaring flicker. Is that a RAW problem or something else.
Akeep did many great jobs, but i agree with mashadar that Tsukihime is not one of them after all. I know, because i played the h-game and know the language fairly well.

I'll probably get NLA's version.
hailstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 10:35   Link #8
mashadar
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDB666
Can you show us your comparison?
I can only tell you here what I actually wrote down. Most parts I just watched and compared though.

The one I wrote down is from the next ep preview. The line in japanese is: "tenseisuru akasha no hebi"

A-E/Keep: "Reincarnated. An infant snake."
Aone: "red snake transforms"
ANBU: "Acacia's reincarnated snake..."
Saikou: "The reincarnating Serpent of Akasha."
NLA: "The reincarnating Snake of Akasa..."

Saikou and NLA had notes to explain Akasa/Akasha (both spellings can be considered correct since it is a transliteration from sanskrit iirc)

And some notes:
tensei is reincarnate and suru makes it reincarnating. "reincarnated" is here a grammatical error.
"transforms" is a translation error.
"infant" most likely comes from the translator picking "akachan" which sounds close to what is being said, but is completely wrong.
"red" comes from aka, and it looks like the translator ignored that what is being said is akasha.

minor edit:
"acacia" is a good attempt at picking the right word but shows that the translator most likely never played the games.
mashadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 11:46   Link #9
user6177

Thank you. That was very informative.
Old 2003-11-10, 13:33   Link #10
Tboz

Woh... Thanks mashadar, you have convinced me to jump ship right away.
Tboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 02:23   Link #11
jmc

Best subs for Tsukihime

Forum chat has sold me on the show, but who did the best translations? Thanks!

Edit by NoSanninWa: Once again, this was the start of a new thread. For the same obvious reasons I merged it into this thread. Please use the people!!!

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2003-11-11 at 03:08.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 02:30   Link #12
Go-lytely

There is already a thread about this but I will say it anyway, NLA or Saikou fansubs.
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 03:04   Link #13
durrem
[megaplay] *sparkles*

Disagree, I like ANBU's version. Just d/l the first episode from a few groups and see for yourself.
durrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 03:36   Link #14
SageXG

Send a message via AIM to SageXG
hmm i really like ANBU's version of this, i dont really know why but i still like it.
i dled Aone's version for ep 3 and for some reason the quality was bad.
SageXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 10:56   Link #15
NenMaster

i like Saikou fansubs the best, nice font, quailty
NenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 11:47   Link #16
nojevo

it seems that nla and saikou has played the game and has more knowledge on it. But i give credit to anbu for taking an extra mile to do some reaserch. take ep 2 and ep 5 as an example. they gave some really nice info on the characters and so on. I am currently downloading ae-akeep and anbu. So far i'm sticking with anbu for future releases.
nojevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 15:20   Link #17
Videric
A-O Typesetter

I watch AonE's version.. its very good but i havnt seen any of the others versions so i cant really judge them. But ANBU , Keep and A-E are all good groups so i guess all of them are perfect. Just download one and stick with that.
Videric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 16:26   Link #18
Rebochan
Clubbing

I've been watching ANBU's, though I started with A-KEEP initially. The encode quality is very high, and they have been taking the time to research the show. The "Serpent of Akasha" was also translated correctly in Episode 5, and they tacked several notes about the games and how they relate to the series at the end of Episode 5.
Rebochan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-12, 16:51   Link #19
user6177

What about TV station logos in a corner? Have all the groups removed them?
Old 2003-11-12, 18:18   Link #20
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDB666
What about TV station logos in a corner? Have all the groups removed them?
Groups don't remove them (unless maybe if they had a lossless MPEG2 capture from the satellite decoder). It's the raws that they get that have them removed. I believe there's a station that Tsukihime airs on which doesn't have this logo, but I'm not totally sure. Either that, or someone hacked a DTV box to bypass the logo. If you remove the logo from a DivX raw, chances are it's not going to be clean at all, and you would have to blur the area around the logo (using XLogo).
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote