AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2007-04-24, 11:48   Link #461
Yukiko-chan

Angry

jerks lol. NXF forever

Last edited by Yukiko-chan; 2007-05-11 at 13:55.
Yukiko-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 11:54   Link #462
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukiko-chan View Post
OMG would you just shut up there work is so much better always than the actual thing.So I dont know why your trying to undermine them(Discredit) when they work hard on it you jerk. Its no part of denial its the characters (people want) to see.Doing the things they want to do,or the story unfolding in a way better way than the actual one people thought sucked.So Shhh dont hate on them,there so much better always than the originals.

Sorry but the way you said that really just pissed me off.hmmpphh Honestly.......
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, as are you. I am just stating my stance on the issue. I do think however, that it is a little pretentious (and premature) to claim that their "version" is better than the original, when the original is not over yet and still in progress.

Again, wouldn't it be better to utilise their talents to create their own story, instead of borrowing wholesale from others? Unless of course, their fanfic(s) is meant to be taken as satire (and not as an alternative "Holy Gospel").

Cheers.
Old 2007-04-24, 12:06   Link #463
Yukiko-chan

Exclamation

NXF hehehe forever

Last edited by Yukiko-chan; 2007-05-11 at 13:54.
Old 2007-04-24, 12:21   Link #464
Skane
Anime Snark

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukiko-chan View Post
No it wouldnt be better if they did there own because they characters personalities are made up in the storie's that the anime brings.Thus when they make a fanfic they keep the personalities everyone loves and changes the story into one people who requested it or most people love.

and also I didnt specifaclly mean this series I meant others that are done as well,that had the worst,sad ending ever,they make the fics so that in some way ,that actually wasnt the ending,instead a continued version for some.

Note this is not Yukiko speeking this is her girlfreind.Truthfully(She's not that smart lol)

So they make it for us the people who would prefer it go the other way and since we tell them how we want it......well we get what we want simple,thus making us happy,and liking it better than the original because the story is actually written in the way we want it.

(and know we dont know everything thats gonna happen cause there's always alof of twist and all and I also think that there much better baaaahh!
Well, as I said, fanfics cater to the fans' fantasises (or if one wants to be cynical, panders to their wants).

I can live with that.

It gets weird (and downright disruptive at times) however, when one is trying to discuss the canon material and a fan interjects the discussion with non-canon material (and expects us to take it seriously). I think that is a problem.

Fanfic discussion should remain in the realm of fanfic discussion. You won't see me going to fanfic threads and try to impose canon-logic onto the fanfic. That would be rather silly of me.

So likewise, people who try to impose fanfic-logic onto a canonical discussion is uncalled for. That is all I am trying to say. To quote myself from the first post I made on the issue,
Quote:
Don't go and start mixing canon and fandom now.
Cheers.
Old 2007-04-24, 12:29   Link #465
CrazyPerson

I'm gonna make a quick comment on how you actually could impose some canon-logic into the fanfic thread since the fanfic is a derivative of the original material and so would be governed my said logic to an extend. But then there are also works that phrase things into a way that the logic couldn't apply. But the last word is that fanfic logic shouldn't really shouldn't be in canon discussions (because the canon world is made by the author, if he didn't write it/allow it, it would skew his work. You wouldn't like it if someone screwed up/added stuff to your story without asking, would you?), while canon logic can SOMETIMES be applied to fanfic.
CrazyPerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 13:24   Link #466
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I noe its 3am over here, but I gotta say something after seeing all this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Most likely the way it's traditionally done. Example being Getbackers.

Throw in 300000 homo-innuendos, with nothing substancial that solidifies the proof of their relationship and in-between those 300000, there's one or 2 hetero-innuendo that defies the greater power and prevents the masses to ever truly "win".

To put in simple terms, satisfy everyone and no one.
Yes and to be honest I haven't been more annoyed in my life. I think I usually subconsciously pick my anime such that I don't end in a Kamui-type grey area (that was until they cleared it up) but somehow this is just too hard to resist. After all Nanoha has been a multifactoral series, and its a logical extension (though the first time I've seen one) that they are doing that for the relationship tree as well. Which creates nightmares for fanfic authors who are hell-bent on making sure their works are in-canon as far as position, like myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
P.P.S - Sorry, I'm the "evil influence" here btw...
I'm afraid I have to admit I'm a loyal student of the Sith Lord here. I'm sooo glad you're on the Yuunoha side. Makes being the 300 a hell lot more fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Oh that. *readies anti-flame armor against attacks by NxF fans* It's the official info that Nanoha and Fate are not really in a romantic relationship. All attempts of those who think otherwise aside, I'm logically positive that they won't be giving Nanoha a romantic interest anytime soon. Not Fate anyway. The producers are milking the two's popularity for all their worth. They keep the fanservice up to satisfy one side, while they don't really give something conclusive to avoid the alienation of those who have different views. It's all for profit, after all.
amen *casts Aura des Feuers Resistence (Aura of Fire Resistence) for all Yuunoha allies*

I hope that, if they ever develop ErioxCaro, they don't pull a Yuuno disappearance again. Like I said before, it's really maddening.

I think the topic of fanfics has appeared rather often in this thread and would like to add this caveat about those authors who think they are so good that they should just make up their own stories:

personally I wouldn't be a major fanfiction author if I could draw. Yet at the same time, I've this irrepressible urge to share my vision/fantasy with the rest of the world. So since I noe I'll never get my ideas sold through the pictoral dept, I channel it all into writing instead.

There exists a breed of fanfiction authors who truely, purely, innocently, wants to tell a good story and know that they are heard, that's why they use a greater established universe as the background to the tales they weave in order to entertain and enrich the lives of fellow fans everywhere.

PS On second thought, the above turned out pretty moe. lol
Old 2007-04-24, 14:15   Link #467
BPHaru

Except for Kurono and Ami, there are nothing like hetero in Nanoha, even in the last season Yuuno is almost invisible.

In other news, no one loves Yuuno.

-Haru

Last edited by BPHaru; 2007-04-24 at 14:32.
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 14:22   Link #468
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ thats old news...tho it would be nice if someone translated it :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 15:33   Link #469
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
I thought someone did , at least what he is shouting about in image thread ^^ (very vulgar btw)

Woah at Yukiko-chan , no offense but you seem to be confusing yourself with Original/canon story and fanfics.Plus i see nothing offensive in any of Skane reply >.<
You can think/believe whatever you want just dont post in the wrong forum ....could make a great fanfic from all those idea btw

Btw anyone know what exactly shario said in the last line here ,cant understand some of the character.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Except for Kurono and Ami, there are nothing like hetero in Nanoha, even in the last season Yuuno is almost invisible.
Lies!!! at least dont forget Kyoya and Shinobu.Gezzz why do Yuuno has to be based on girl character he became total loser now
raidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 16:08   Link #470
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddenryuu View Post
The problem I have Hayate being more powerful than both Nanoha and Fate is the way they present it.

It seem that the only reason that she is more powerful is cause she have a Lost Logia as a weapon. It just seems such a cheese way to present it. Look at me I have a HAX weapon! ....Meh... it's just seems cheap.
I thought I'd just clear up that Hayate no longer has a Lost Logia. She's simply that powerful. She's also capable of using three, and by extension four, devices at the same time.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 16:11   Link #471
Yukiko-chan

Red face

Im deleting this cause I kinda regret what I said sorry you guys

Last edited by Yukiko-chan; 2007-05-11 at 13:53. Reason: delete I guess
Old 2007-04-24, 16:28   Link #472
raidou
Confused person

@meophist
I know Rein II is different from lost logia like YnS but is this mention anywhere in manga/starter book or anything? i just want to check, been thinking whether TSAB still categorize Rein II as lost logia or just normal unison device.
Old 2007-04-24, 16:36   Link #473
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Yukiko-chan

Sigh, I would comment on how horribly bias you are against anything other than what you believe in, but than I just realized you might not be able to understand a good portion of it...

1- I refuse to admit Yuuno is as useless as some people think.

Yuuno doesn't do much fighting, he's not as interesting as the other main character, I agree. But not once as a person will I accept that he's useless because of those.

2- I'll come out clean now that I'm given this chance. I don't like yuri because I find it unsatisfying. I see no reason why we can't hope for a hetero pairing in anime.

There isn't a rule about it. Beside, I could say the same back at you, whats so attractive about Yuri?

3- You should take a breather or two, nobody's angry at you yet, but you should really chill before things get ugly...

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2007-04-24 at 21:13.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 16:40   Link #474
raidou
Confused person

Not everything in anime is about pairing anyway ...see no point arguing and getting heated about this ^^

Quote:
Yuuno doesn't do much fighting, he's not as interesting as the other main character, I agree. But not once as a person will I accept that he's useless because of those.
He could be interesting if only they try to develop some story on him T_T (i still bet this is because he is based on girl )

More fics chaos !!! go go go ..need to relieve exam stress
Old 2007-04-24, 16:49   Link #475
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidou View Post
@meophist
I know Rein II is different from lost logia like YnS but is this mention anywhere in manga/starter book or anything? i just want to check, been thinking whether TSAB still categorize Rein II as lost logia or just normal unison device.
First of all, Hayate specifically mentions that Reinforce Zwei was "born" 8 years before StrikerS, which is still 2 years after A's. Rein is a "normal" unison device(quoting "normal" because unison devices are far from normal). Also, Triad translated the StrikerS webpage, which states that the new Tome of the Night Sky is an entirely different device than the Lost Logia of the same name(http://www.nanoha.the-triad.org/characters/hayate.html).
Old 2007-04-24, 16:50   Link #476
raidou
Confused person

okie thanks
Old 2007-04-24, 16:53   Link #477
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

So it's not a Lost Logia... But does it still have the same potential?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 17:01   Link #478
raidou
Confused person

I guess it would have the same function and potential but it depend a lot on the user (hayate) ability to control it maybe(require lots training/energy).The only difference should only be the danger/threat it possess.
Old 2007-04-24, 17:14   Link #479
Meophist

Quote:
So it's not a Lost Logia... But does it still have the same potential?
I don't think so. It's probably a pretty much entirely new device for all intents and purposes. Not sure if Hayate wants a device that requires the acquisition of Linker Cores to be effective.
Old 2007-04-24, 17:45   Link #480
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
1- I refuse to admit Yuuno is as useless as some people think.

he may not be useless but the writers certainly make him that way...in S1 all he did was binds...in S2 he did less binds...and in S3 hes nowhere to be seen im just getting a feeling here that he will forever remain a side character in the shadows tho it shouldnt have ended up that way...how ever the writers allowed it to happen was kinda mean on him...like he wasnt even given a chance to shine *sigh* lets hope in strikerS he gets a chance to do something useful...how bout being a mean shield?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote