Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-03-09, 21:37   Link #921
Yunyuki
story finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by arandomdude6 View Post
A little while ago I came across someone tl'ing volume 6 on pastebin, but now I can't seem to find it. Was it removed?
hmmm sure it was vol 6? i know that some chapters of vol 8 and complete vol 5 are translated in some pastebin (but never saw vol. 6 in one of the pastebins on my quest to find chapters^^)
Yunyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 22:11   Link #922
arandomdude6

Yeah I'm sure, there were only 3 chapters when i saw it though, so I'm not sure if they were removed or not.
arandomdude6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 22:18   Link #923
arandomdude6

Unless I'm mistaken, JOEGARGERY might have vol 6 1-epilogue on his pastebin, but labeled as ch 1 with no vol name.

Edit: It really is at Joegargery's pastebin, can find the link through baka-tsuki by clicking on joe's name then on his link to the pastebin.

Last edited by arandomdude6; 2015-03-09 at 23:34.
Old 2015-03-10, 08:11   Link #924
Mordant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by arandomdude6 View Post
Edit: It really is at Joegargery's pastebin, can find the link through baka-tsuki by clicking on joe's name then on his link to the pastebin.
From what I see there, we have two chapters from V08, most of volume 5 and "free" chapters which belongs to volume 7.
Nothing from sixth volume.

Did I miss something?
Mordant! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 13:35   Link #925
arandomdude6

Ok, I am really blind I guess. Didn't look close enough at the chapter names and assumed it was vol 6.... Sorry.
Old 2015-03-11, 17:10   Link #926
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
I did not realize that the description for Akatsuki jumped to that of having rapist traits.

I don't remember him attempting to rape anyone. He is aggressive yes, overly, sometimes, rapist traits definitely not.
He pretty much is a toned down Rance, and that's saying something.

Are we reading the same story?

Quote:
Most women prefer the aggressive over the laid back, too romanticized men. That is why those playboy/Don Juan type of men always get the pretty senoritas.
This statement would only be true if women (or more correctly, you probably mean from the western/first world, and even then) were some sort of hivemind. Since they aren't, and are as diversified as humans are in general, you're kinda wrong on that.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 21:45   Link #927
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
He pretty much is a toned down Rance, and that's saying something.

Are we reading the same story?

This statement would only be true if women (or more correctly, you probably mean from the western/first world, and even then) were some sort of hivemind. Since they aren't, and are as diversified as humans are in general, you're kinda wrong on that.

Really? are you talking from experience or something else?

Did you get around much in high school/college days?
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 22:34   Link #928
dragon1412

Quote:

your statements only really correct in case of westerners, in others countries, not really.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 22:43   Link #929
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
your statements only really correct in case of westerners, in others countries, not really.
Not really, I was born and grew up to teenager age in a Southeast Asian country. Same 'ol, same 'ol.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 23:55   Link #930
ndiezel

Quote:
Not really, I was born and grew up to teenager age in a Southeast Asian country. Same 'ol, same 'ol.
Russia. Girls still prefer aggressive type.
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 05:22   Link #931
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Indeed, most women love the aggre$$ive type.

Okay, jokes aside, let's not generalize too much and get off topic people.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 07:10   Link #932
ImperialFlameGod8190

I think akatsuki has a small difference from Rance. Rance just simply rapes girls for the sake of raping them.
Akatsuki's actions although extreme when awake typically have a purpose.
The bra stealing is because in general he doesnt like to fight women and this way he disables them without doing them harm.
The thing in the bathroom with kuzuha was so the girls could band together and become friends through a common enemy (that enemy being himself).
He taunted haruka because he wanted to get the stuco's attention.
The fact is even the events at melissa's bar (which isnt covered in the anime) had a tactical purpose as much as good ole perversion.

But the funny thing is outside of that the girls pretty much learned to expect what would happen and they realize that this is what he does.

Now make no mistake when he's asleep he's closer to rance because then he's just full on bout to rape chicks he did it to miu twice and he had a few other good ones also. But akatsuki's actions while heavily perverted are often times very tactical

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 07:20   Link #933
ndiezel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
I think akatsuki has a small difference from Rance. Rance just simply rapes girls for the sake of raping them.
The bra stealing is because in general he doesnt like to fight women and this way he disables them without doing them harm.
The thing in the bathroom with kuzuha was so the girls could band together and become friends through a common enemy (that enemy being himself).
The fact is even the events at melissa's bar (which isnt covered in the anime) had a tactical purpose as much as good ole perversion.

But the funny thing is outside of that the girls pretty much learned to expect what would happen and they realize that this is what he does.

Now make no mistake when he's asleep he's closer to rance because then he's just full on bout to rape chicks he did it to miu twice and he had a few other good ones also. But akatsuki's actions while heavily perverted are often times very tactical
Tl;dr tactical rapist.
ndiezel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 07:40   Link #934
Corvo269

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiezel View Post
Tl;dr tactical rapist.
TACTICAL RAPIST, LOL. To unlock this class prerequisites:

1. Balls of Steel and the ability to not Give A Shit
2. Martial Arts
3. Work Experience with a group of Courtesans.

Seriously though when all is said and done, the differences between Rance and Akatsuki is what makes Rance a sort of nice guy, but TOTAL Asshole and makes Akatsuki with an alignment towards chaotic good
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 08:05   Link #935
Direwolf18

Sounds like a boss.

But yea stealing someone's bra or some other form of humiliation to prevent a fight to the death is a long way from jumping someone in a dark alleyway. Or drugging them at a party or something.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 11:26   Link #936
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:

My romantic/sexual life is not really relevant, the plural of anecdote is not data after all (e.g. personal experiences are not a meaningful measurement of anything). It's simple psychology.

Since it's off topic and it would be too long to explain it fully, I will just say that a way to amend your comment would be to say that most people (gender, sexual orientation) are attracted to extraverted personalities than introverts. Grossly speaking, reciprocal romantic attraction is based on 1) the other person finding you attractive, and 2) the other person finding you interesting (listen to you, pay attention to you, make you feel meaningful to them); both traits that can be expressed by ''agressive'' and romantic types. Your statement also implied that, for some reason, agressive and romantic are mutually exclusive, which isn't the case. If someone is only agressive, either the target of affection will feel it to be sexual harassment, or the only reason they will accept the advances is because they are looking for a one night stand with no strings attached, not a stable relationship.

Finally, different people just have a lot of different tastes, hasty generalizations tend to look over that and are just bad logic.

Sorry, it's just a pet peeve for me, because this kind of thinking ''women in general likes [insert thing here]'' instead of just treating women like people (and not alien or a different species altogether) is what makes many men fall for PUA bullshit.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2015-03-12, 11:37   Link #937
ImperialFlameGod8190

First off guys comparing anime romance to RL romance is a fools bet most of the time because while some elements make sense a lot of it is utter contrived nonsense.

Secondly each of the girls in Hagure Yuusha know very well WHAT akatsuki is like but they like him because they know WHY he's like that.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2015-03-12, 11:46   Link #938
Corvo269

Quote:
First off guys comparing anime romance to RL romance is a fools bet most of the time because while some elements make sense a lot of it is utter contrived nonsense.

Secondly each of the girls in Hagure Yuusha know very well WHAT akatsuki is like but they like him because they know WHY he's like that.
Imperial. I'm kinda confused by sometimes how you're completely right in some cases(this one) and sometimes you're wayyy off the mark(like in the monster girl thread where you said the anime is doomed to fail due to following the trifecta of doomed harem stories, though it really doesn't)
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 11:47   Link #939
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:

Oh I know that, and despite his behaviour, Akatsuki does show that he truly care about them and is not fooling around.

It's just that, well, making girls orgasm without their explicit consent or without even each party clarifying their feelings is mildly uncomfortable.
Old 2015-03-12, 11:54   Link #940
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
Imperial. I'm kinda confused by sometimes how you're completely right in some cases(this one) and sometimes you're wayyy off the mark(like in the monster girl thread where you said the anime is doomed to fail due to following the trifecta of doomed harem stories, though it really doesn't)
First off the monster musume anime hasnt aired yet so we dont know exactly how its gonna be adapted. I may be wrong i may be right nobody knows that until the anime starts airing this is speculation. (Granted im one of the experts on this site as far as harem anime overall.

Secondly- everyone is right about certain things and wrong about others sometimes thats natural.

Tags
action, adventure, borderline hentai, fantasy, harem, light novel, shounen