AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-20, 02:34   Link #181
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
You know vol 3 covers what chapters? I don't think 4 is out yet nor is the thing finished so how will they fit everything in?
I was actually thinking up to volume 2...
Old 2012-04-20, 11:46   Link #182
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
OK, I watched the first couple of episodes and I am trying to gather my jaw from the floor... what the hell is going on in this anime is beyond me... it's like some drug induced hallucination of a military otaku who is into fat schoolgirls
It's just that you're used to anime; myself i think it's rather normal, those legs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I wonder if it'll go all the way to the war games with the girls, including Galil and Sako?

Though I'm kinda sad that no boys with rifles are here, considering the main theme of the series.
Agreed. And I would have liked to see either a high school student or ranged shooting instructor as Remington 700, who of course should be an expy of Carlos Hathcock, being the man most associated with that fine rifle.

Also, SAKO is quite... let's put it this way, she literally gets off war and violence.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 22:39   Link #183
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Very funny and fun looking series all i can say after episode 1 is that only the Japanese could possibly come up with something as crazy as this series premise. i love it
Old 2012-04-21, 00:35   Link #184
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
About the character designs, it's not just the style, I like for example Shiwasu no Okina and Nishi Iori, but in this as well as Ladies X Butlers and Kanokon cases, the proportions are really reminding me of obese children... dunno, in ep.2 they stood in sharp contrast with the high school girls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Very funny and fun looking series all i can say after episode 1 is that only the Japanese could possibly come up with something as crazy as this series premise. i love it
When I was in elementary school there was this belgian or maybe french cartoon with anthropomorphized viruses, bacteria, antibodies, blood cells, etc
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 01:50   Link #185
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Episode 3 is coming and from the preview pics I've seen on the official site, MP5's going to make her debut.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 03:05   Link #186
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They're middle schoolers who weigh between 3 and 5 kg. How can you call them fat?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 03:12   Link #187
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

It is also noted that the character-design for this, Kanokon and LxB is Akio Takami, who works for Xebec for quite a long time.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 13:03   Link #188
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 02

Fantastically late folks, but man, that was totally my fault! Can you believe I didn't see the episode 02 preview at the end of episode 01? I thought that scene when FNC-chan was ranting was all there was

And then episode 02 caught me completely by surprise, I didn't know it would be full of neesan goodness! And G3-chan, oh the love of my life, I love that girl! Favorite part of all:

THOSE LEGS And then she took off her pantyhose oooh doctor (why didn't they let us see it?)

Gotta agree with the earlier comment about British girl getting knocked out quite early, speaking of her, does she have a neesan? I propose her neesan have an oujosama personality

And lol @ anti-recoil pose. M14-chan looked so cute, her legs

I demand a swimsuit ep, preferably focused on the neesans!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*BROFIST*

I actually don't care much for the main 4 weapons at all, but M14, G3 and FAL were all weapons I liked even before they got sexified
Now that's the word I was looking for! When I watched the first ep, I was wondering how to refer to these girls, is it gun girls, I knew it can't be girls with guns because they are the guns, but "sexified" guns wins my vote anytime
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
This series unites Gun and Loli lovers (and partly oneesan lover) LOL

So... which "Guns" are you guys rooting for? LOL....
Obviously my favorite is G3-chan, I didn't know she's from West Germany too those legs, those psycho tendencies, ah if there's one complaint I have, that would be:

Her skirt is too long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaihan View Post
I will just post whatever I could do with multiple screenshot.
Sure someone could do a better job than me sorting the brightness/contrast and removing of the text.

Spoiler for for G3A3:

Spoiler for for FAL L1A1:

I was planning to drop after seeing ep 1 but I changed my mind after a fun ep 2. Shall look forward to what else this show got.
Nice work, I don't know why the neesans had to have that old film reel effect, it ruined the brightness on everything Anyways, I fixed up G3-chan, in all her 1080p glory:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 13:04   Link #189
Sumeragi
Banned

Hmmm.... Has either the K-1 or the K-2 ever appeared in the series?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 13:10   Link #190
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Hmmm.... Has either the K-1 or the K-2 ever appeared in the series?
Interesting question. I certainly would like to know what guns are featured in this series, though that would probably mean I would have to read the manga....

Speaking of unknown guns, I asked earlier about what a pistol would be, heh.... I didn't think a sub-machinegun would be the elementary girl, a rather cute girl at that, that little pantyhose girl....

Ahem, that would mean a pistol is a kindergartener
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 16:34   Link #191
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I wish I knew too. In fact, I'd like to know if the Howa rifles do show up too.

Meanwhile...

Spoiler for Next episode:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2012-04-21, 17:18   Link #192
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Speaking of unshown sisters, is there an SG510, or has that role been completely taken over by G3?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 18:42   Link #193
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Speaking of unshown sisters, is there an SG510, or has that role been completely taken over by G3?
Realistically she would be "married" now . The last reservists who were issued with those were done almost a decade ago.
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 18:51   Link #194
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

As someone who doesn't care much about guns, I was close to dropping this, but I have to admit episode 3 was pretty interesting especially the segment on the L85. I do wish there was a little more ecchiness though. And I happen to like the character designs, "fat" thighs and all. I don't think the girls' legs are particularly fat (most anime designs are actually way too skinny), but then I always liked girls with a little meat on their bones.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 20:32   Link #195
HandofFate

for the actual gun people, how are the jokes and character quirks for each girl and their gun? Like did you see the joke coming or connect it without the show mentioning it?

also are the gun sounds accurate of the actual gun firing or is it just generic gunshooting sounds?
Old 2012-04-21, 20:55   Link #196
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Some of us can tell it. Others need to figure it out carefully.

Like with AR-18's problem having a good fit with her pants...

Spoiler for Episode 3:

Even with the rivalry between certain gun models has some truth to them.

With MAC speaking so fast...

Spoiler for Episode 3:

Old 2012-04-21, 21:01   Link #197
Sumeragi
Banned

The voices are overall several tones higher than what I would have expected.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 21:03   Link #198
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

The part of "Roll the bullet" and "HK53" is not as fun as manga. And L85 need to be upgrade to A2 version due A1 and original version has so much problems.
Old 2012-04-21, 21:24   Link #199
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
Spoiler for crossover WIN:

it all makes sense nao.
This has given me an idea for a sort of Jormungand/Upotte crossover parody fic. Basically, at somepoint in his career, Jonah gets his hands on the Upotte manga. He is mildly amused by the portrayal of his weapon, but is not all that impressed. However, soon after, possibly due to a head injury sustained in battle, Jonah starts seeing Funco following him around whenever he is carrying his rifle. Now, Jonah has to live with a tsun/yandere antropomorphism of his rifle. Examples of scenes for this fic which I will probably never get around to writing include Jonah's FNC jamming or misfiring whenever Funco gets angry at him, Funco getting jealous and taking shots at Jonah whenever he uses a different gun, and Jonah keeping his weapon next to him in his sleep... only to find Funco lying next to him!
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 22:09   Link #200
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Good story idea.

Also I noticed that in the production credits, World Gun was credited.

I'm not sure if this website is being credited.

Tags
comedy, seinen, shounen