AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-24, 21:14   Link #1201
Abashi

The stuff that tends to be more popular in the US.
Old 2008-07-25, 20:50   Link #1202
ElPadre

I'v never seen really bad anime, but if I really have to name something I had say Ninja Scrolls/Ninja Ressurection.
Old 2008-07-28, 14:19   Link #1203
fallin up
my life is a harem

akane maniax= crap
Old 2008-07-28, 14:40   Link #1204
AbrecanEyndrill

Lucky Star.

Simple.
Old 2008-07-28, 15:58   Link #1205
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

^ Objection, Lucky Star doesn't try to be "good" lol
It being awful is what makes it good.

But you are entitled to your point of view...
Old 2008-07-28, 16:31   Link #1206
AbrecanEyndrill

I dropped it at episode what was it, 12? Epic fail is fail indeed.
Old 2008-07-28, 20:05   Link #1207
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Lucky Star is definitely for those who can identify themselves with the situations presented in the show. When you have friends telling you that both of you just had a "Lucky Star moment", the series is for you. Otherwise, avoid it like the plague.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2008-07-31 at 23:58.
Old 2008-07-28, 23:20   Link #1208
Normality

Lucky Star is a very "Love it or Hate it" Anime. If you can relate to it, or you know the hidden jokes, then you'll more likely love it than hate it, and vice versa.

However, NARUTO, BLEACH, and any other mainstream animes which have been brutally destroyed by America should be thrown around... ToT Poor animes.
Old 2008-07-29, 00:58   Link #1209
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normality View Post
However, NARUTO, BLEACH, and any other mainstream animes which have been brutally destroyed by America should be thrown around... ToT Poor animes.
Oh God not again.
Old 2008-07-31, 22:21   Link #1210
Ryuugu-chan
.....?

Dragon Ball Z?...Yea >>
Old 2008-07-31, 23:31   Link #1211
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
One show would have to be Shamanic Princess. Like what the hell was this 0_0 this hardly made any sense....not to mention the dub track was one ofthe worst things i have ever heard!

Throw in those ONE OVA's man they made no sense even if you played the game >.<
Old 2008-08-02, 15:43   Link #1212
FuKkaTsUyA

Worst animes that deserve to be used as frisbees : How mean but :
http://www.gamekult.com/blog/exelen/...h+Musashi.html
for a better view: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo7Cp3GsyxQ
Looks like the monster and the other are holding hands and aren't fighting
it was made in 2006 if I remember well, like what for some anime , new millenium # progress
So epic that some though it was a parody show , not an anime
Old 2008-08-02, 16:10   Link #1213
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuKkaTsUyA View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuKkaTsUyA View Post
it was made in 2006 if I remember well, like what for some anime , new millenium # progress
So epic that some though it was a parody show , not an anime
I had to actually search it on anidb to believe it. Good god that has to be the most god awful animation ever.
I've used to watch the really old school anime when I was a kid and have still seen some in recent years.

Even the most crappiest ones from the 80's weren't this bad!
Old 2008-08-02, 16:19   Link #1214
FuKkaTsUyA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
I had to actually search it on anidb to believe it. Good god that has to be the most god awful animation ever.
I've used to watch the really old school anime when I was a kid and have still seen some in recent years.

Even the most crappiest ones from the 80's weren't this bad!
I don't even understand how that could be aired in TV and I probably will never
Old 2008-08-02, 16:27   Link #1215
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

But Gundou Musashi was made for us to revel in its dreadfulness. It's a masterpiece because it combines all of the pitfalls of modern anime and presents them coherently. It's a work of art created to be both revered and reproved; it's an example of excellence in that it's terrible, but being terrible is its purpose, and it most definitely succeeds.

Also, 80s animation didn't differ much from the animation of the early to mid 90s aside from minor improvements and character design/detail.
Old 2008-08-02, 16:42   Link #1216
FuKkaTsUyA

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
But Gundou Musashi was made for us to revel in its dreadfulness.
I don't think so, it's a comedy ok but school rumble or gurren lagann are comedy too but you can enjoy the show and laugh because of the funny character, not like here because this is a big failure you actually laught owing to it. It's the animation here which is : OMG

Quote:
It's a masterpiece because it combines all of the pitfalls of modern anime and presents them coherently. It's a work of art created to be both revered and reproved; it's an example of excellence in that it's terrible, but being terrible is its purpose, and it most definitely succeeds.
We have an opposite point of view here

Quote:
Also, 80s animation didn't differ much from the animation of the early to mid 90s aside from minor improvements and character design/detail.
The problem here is that it was done it 2006 and the animation regress , like what? 20 years backward (even DBZ in term of animation is better with LOGH,kenshin)....
Old 2008-08-02, 18:22   Link #1217
Kari Izumi

Eiken is truly horrible It's supposed to be an Ecchi comedy where the Epic Fail Guy gets in with a group of how women with big breasts, but most of the gags are just beyond bad taste and land into embarrassment. There's a ten-year-old who has breast so big, she can barely walk. Gah.

A rather funny write up (which is how I heard of the series to start with is here, so that you won't have to watch this horrid series (images possibly not work safe, but no nudity).
Old 2008-08-03, 12:21   Link #1218
emotionless_teenage
mr. nice guy

i hate nge because the main character is shinji ikari instead of rei ayanami
(nah,just joking)

i think it would be samurai 7,yeah (and anime about robotic cat with minigun hand.i've watched it on animax before.and as far as i can tell, i would rather do home chores for 30 minutes than watching these craps)
Old 2008-08-03, 14:24   Link #1219
oompa loompa

Quote:
But Gundou Musashi was made for us to revel in its dreadfulness. It's a masterpiece because it combines all of the pitfalls of modern anime and presents them coherently. It's a work of art created to be both revered and reproved; it's an example of excellence in that it's terrible, but being terrible is its purpose, and it most definitely succeeds.
Its funny that you should mention that, seems like quite a few people who watched the show felt that way ( if the ANN user ratings are anything to go by ). On their scale of 0-10 , 37% of the voters voted it as 'worst ever'. Whats interesting, is that 34% of the total voters, voted it as 'masterpiece'. 70% of the total votes are extremes - Now thats what you call a hit or miss

Have to say though, whether the story is good bad or indifferent, its certainly up on there on the list for worst animated shows.

Last edited by oompa loompa; 2008-08-03 at 15:00.
Old 2008-08-05, 14:38   Link #1220
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

I don't really know of an anime that is so terrible it should be used as a Frisbee, but I'm going to comment on some series that I have watched a good amount of, or all the episodes.

Inuyasha I actually enjoyed the anime, but I don't love it or hate it. It started out rather well, pretty easy to follow. But after awhile the fillers starting increasing A LOT, and the series dragged out rather long. Then when the show ended, the plot pretty much turned into a never ending cliff hanger.

.hack//SIGN ...What. The. Freak. Nobody gave a reason that was actually true for the series as to why it was horrible. Let me just copy and paste from .hack//wiki.
---
Despite its visual concept, .hack//Sign is not a sword and sorcery story, but an exposition-driven character study. It proposes "a trip inside the psychology and soul of an emotionally bruised, but slowly healing person." Themes range from psychological to sociological and are dealt with using classical dialogue as well as image-only introspection.
---

If you plan on watching this series, you should probably get familiar with the rest of the .hack franchise that takes place before SIGN.

Pokemon It was a good idea, and started out real well. However, the series has outgrown itself, and drags on. In a lot of the movies, Ash either escapes death, and is able to do impossible things within the series, or both. I'm pretty sure that it's turned into a show for the younger genre.

.hack//Legend of the Twilight Bracelet Screw it. Read the manga which is the actual canon story for the .hack Project. The anime pretty much copied a few scenes from SIGN as well.

Sailor MoonAs for this, I can't say much for the whole series. The Sailor Stars series in Japanese however, is excellent. I really enjoyed that. I watched the original Sailor Moon series in English, (Note, this does not include Romance and other stuff.) and I got pretty bored of it. I'd be willing to bet the Japanese version is better. It's most likely due to it being over popularized in America, but I'm not sure.
----
Now, as for series I don't like, but I haven't watched enough to judge how bad it is. Naruto would be one, as would Yu-gi-oh, and other stuff like Digimon.