AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Old 2008-07-24, 00:25   Link #981
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjnelson19705 View Post
any body know if the gurren lagann is as big as dix-neuf?
It's probably comparable in size.
Old 2008-07-24, 08:55   Link #982
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

According to the gunbuster magazine I have (came with my nono buster 7 figure), dix neuf is 50 meters tall while gunbuster is 2000 meters tall. I suppose gurren lagann is about as tall as dix neuf.
musashiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 18:50   Link #983
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Interesting enough interview at ANN

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-gurren-lagannhttp://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...-gurren-lagann

MOst interesting is that the difference between the beginning and the end was somewhat accidental.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 22:13   Link #984
typhonsentra

I'm glad to hear they're thinking of future Gurren-related projects. Definitely a lot of story left for them to flesh out, definitely a lot more money to get from our wallets.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 21:36   Link #985
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
I have a problably easy question: Darry and Gimmy? how old are they supposed to be? 14-15ish?
and are they like brother and sister or is there a a romantic liking of each other I could never tell?

thx
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 22:47   Link #986
Ctdash

Gimmy and Darry were sort of adopted by Rossiu because they both had no parents, which is what gives them a brother/sister kind of bonding. It is possible they could be siblings because of the similarity of their names but since it isn't specific in the anime, it's best to assume that they are just best friends.

I always compared Gurren-Lagann to a Gundam sized mecha. Looks about 40ft. tall to me... Though Gurren-Lagann was an awesome mech, I believe the best looking Ganmen was the Lazegann which was piloted by Lord Genome.
Ctdash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 23:49   Link #987
CSakuraS
Canon Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctdash View Post
Gimmy and Darry were sort of adopted by Rossiu because they both had no parents, which is what gives them a brother/sister kind of bonding. It is possible they could be siblings because of the similarity of their names but since it isn't specific in the anime, it's best to assume that they are just best friends.
Pretty much every official source says that Gimmy and Darry are twins.
CSakuraS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-11, 14:52   Link #988
CSakuraS
Canon Whore

I'm not sure where to post this news, but...

At the "Eve of the Movie" event on August 10, Kazuki Nakashima revealed his newly written short story, "Viral's Sweet Dream." It was presented in manga format shown on slides, and the members of the cast who were there (excluding Leeron & Kittan's seiyuu I think) dubbed it over.

Yoko's seiyuu did the voice of Tsuuma (Viral's wife) and Boota's seiyuu did the voice of Memusu (his daughter). According to the Simon fan thread at 2ch, adult Simon appeared as a bartender in an alternate universe.

EDIT: I found more details on the Viral fan thread.

Most of the story is gag-based and involves Viral in several alternate universes.
-Student!Viral runs into student!Tsuuma with bread in his mouth and becomes shy towards her
-Viral tries to put the moves on Tsuuma who is a pianist at a bar
-Viral is a doting father to his daugher Memusu
etc.

I suppose one of those scenarios is what Nakashima meant when he said "Viral met his wife in a bar" in the Final Drill mook...

Last edited by CSakuraS; 2008-08-11 at 15:25.
CSakuraS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 17:18   Link #989
ChibiToon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSakuraS View Post
Most of the story is gag-based and involves Viral in several alternate universes.
-Student!Viral runs into student!Tsuuma with bread in his mouth and becomes shy towards her
-Viral tries to put the moves on Tsuuma who is a pianist at a bar
-Viral is a doting father to his daugher Memusu
etc.

AHH! I wanna see this so badly now! XD

CT
ChibiToon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 22:31   Link #990
ChibiToon

Not sure where to put this tidbit, but I just found out something neat tonight. I just finished watching "Dead Leaves" and noticed that the character "Number 777" not only could be Thymilph's twin, but was also voiced by the same seiyuu (Kiyoyuki Yanada).

I wonder if that character was the model for Thymilph....

(BTW, if this was already known among everybody, I'm sorry for being so late. XD )

CT
Old 2008-10-11, 09:18   Link #991
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiToon View Post
Not sure where to put this tidbit, but I just found out something neat tonight. I just finished watching "Dead Leaves" and noticed that the character "Number 777" not only could be Thymilph's twin, but was also voiced by the same seiyuu (Kiyoyuki Yanada).

I wonder if that character was the model for Thymilph....

(BTW, if this was already known among everybody, I'm sorry for being so late. XD )

CT
Dead Leaves was directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi. Gurren-Lagann was also directed by Hiroyuki Imaishi.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 18:36   Link #992
ChibiToon

Well, that explains that... LOL XD

Thanks!

CT
Old 2008-10-23, 14:48   Link #993
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
I love this show. ;o

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-24, 01:57   Link #994
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
I have another question.
I noticed there is alot of Viralx Adiane art...
is it like "reported" anywhere that he has feelings for her? is it just some kinda fan thing that people want to see? I mean he does kinda seem like he likes her.

btw I wanna see whats under her eyepatch lol
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-25, 10:12   Link #995
longreach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
I have another question.
I noticed there is alot of Viralx Adiane art...
is it like "reported" anywhere that he has feelings for her? is it just some kinda fan thing that people want to see? I mean he does kinda seem like he likes her.

btw I wanna see whats under her eyepatch lol
In the benignning, yes, I'm not so sure.

I think after she slapped him around with her scorpian tail ftw he stopped thinking about it. Gainax even stated that they had a small realtion ship in the beginning

I think she just has the eyepatch to be "PIATESHAPER WOMAN HURHUR" but it adds a nice touch to her character design.

Actually, Adiane's character design was very good on my part.
longreach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 16:42   Link #996
magirific

I just registered to ask what others think of this:

In the eng dub and the jap dub (w/ subs in the dvd you can buy at a store) I noticed that at episode 13 torwards the end when Simon and Yoko were alone after the enemy flying ship was destroyed Yoko in the eng dub and jap dub i(n the dvd) says "I kinda had a thing for Kamina". I then watched that same scene again in jap dub with different and more clear eng subs online and she said "I.... loved Kamina". So does she love him or just have a little crush on him?

Also are there any SimonXYoko scenes in the series? They make a really good couple and i'm dieing to see some scenes of that.

One last thing, are they gonna make a season or is the series done with 27 episodes?
magirific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 19:20   Link #997
ChibiToon

I believe she truely loved him. The Bandai dub version could just be the english writers trying to fit enough words into the lip flaps.

There are a few scenes in the beginning of the series (before episode 7) when Simon had a crush on Yoko. After the introduction of Nia, Yoko becomes more of a best friend to Simon... thus, no good SxY scenes... (Well...... unless you count him staring at her when Boota jumps in her cleavage in episode 21.)

There are only 27 episodes..... and one movie, so far. There will be a second movie coming next year and a rumored (*crosses fingers HARD*) spin-off series involving Viral during the 7-year timeskip might be in the works.

CT
Old 2008-11-07, 21:39   Link #998
magirific

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiToon View Post
I believe she truely loved him. The Bandai dub version could just be the english writers trying to fit enough words into the lip flaps.

There are a few scenes in the beginning of the series (before episode 7) when Simon had a crush on Yoko. After the introduction of Nia, Yoko becomes more of a best friend to Simon... thus, no good SxY scenes... (Well...... unless you count him staring at her when Boota jumps in her cleavage in episode 21.)

There are only 27 episodes..... and one movie, so far. There will be a second movie coming next year and a rumored (*crosses fingers HARD*) spin-off series involving Viral during the 7-year timeskip might be in the works.

CT

Thanks for the reply! I probally shoulda proof read my post but eh oh well, good thing you got the picture anyway.

Anyway i'd like to know when will the movie that's currently out be dubbed/subbed? And when it is dubbed/subbed will it be available for buying or what? Also I heard the movie is like 24 mins long, is this true? Cause if it is then that's a turn off lol.
magirific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 21:59   Link #999
ShadowPL

Hi guys Im new to the forums. I still haven't seen TTGL (i know i know )
but some messages and posts about it scared me off I guess. See Im not a fan of "uber fan-service shows"
and the way people are talking make it seem like thats ALL this show is. Like i've seen pictures and stuff and it looks...not so bad?
so whats all the hype about the fan-service? Im sure that one big-breasted girl (i think her name is Yoko has plenty of scenes showing her "assets" but Im used to normal fan-service in anime, but I dont like ecchi stuff or when it's Everywhere....u know what I mean)

anyways? how bad is it? or is it all just a bunch of hype (i know how it can be, people see a hot char with big assets and their like ZOMG FANSERVICE EXPLOSION) but I was just curious before I delve into this series.

thanx!
ShadowPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-07, 22:02   Link #1000
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Yoko's really the only character who provides fanservice...

It's a mecha show.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote