AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-01-08, 06:24   Link #39241
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Charlotte because Ichika is too dense to do that.

But I don't think it would work.... It would probably sail past his thick skull.

==

Edit: @Stratosphere: Just politely reject him because you can't think of a proper way to introduce the character into the story (and hope that he understand).
Old 2013-01-08, 06:37   Link #39242
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^ this

And more logically: he ignore it and pretend to be more thick headed than he is
Old 2013-01-08, 06:56   Link #39243
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

No worries, as long as he doesn't pounce me or anything. Initially I thought of having the villian organization in Athena to be a male counterpart of Phantom Task with an antagonist male IS pilot on the caliber of Madoka.

But seeing how anti-IS the villian organization is, it would've turned out very awkward.
Old 2013-01-08, 07:09   Link #39244
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
No worries, as long as he doesn't pounce me or anything. Initially I thought of having the villian organization in Athena to be a male counterpart of Phantom Task with an antagonist male IS pilot on the caliber of Madoka.

But seeing how anti-IS the villian organization is, it would've turned out very awkward.
I like to see the worst of thing in IS-verse...

That OC seems pretty evil.....

I blame the vague statement of "looking in places NOBODY else would care to look".

Sound like a mad scientist.

=

I think I will restart on my IS fanfic... (I don't know why, but I get most motivated to write something when I am stressed up..... )

Oh... and I hit the level cap in Dragon Nest (until 14 of Jan anyway).... so I pretty much have sometime left to do fanfic..... I think.
Old 2013-01-08, 07:13   Link #39245
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Why deny it? This isn't IS academy or anything and he's cut off from Chifuyu and the others, so I don't see why he'd reject it.
Old 2013-01-08, 07:24   Link #39246
agetreme
Just another Idiot

The problem is not with Chifuyu or the girls, the problem is with him. -_-
Old 2013-01-08, 07:37   Link #39247
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

He probably wanted to concentrate with the studies first and foremost. Most 15 years old WILL have insecurities when entering prestigious school via scholarship.
Old 2013-01-08, 07:44   Link #39248
Eratas123

Hmm, I see. Well then, I guess it's up to the Sarashiki sisters to give them both the push
Old 2013-01-08, 08:12   Link #39249
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You goddamned evil bunny. I'm on a leave! Stop gnawing my brain! GO DIE! GO DIE!

Quote:
Japan did not surrender in 1945 even after Hiroshima-Nagasaki bombing Incident, done by United States of America.

Instead, Japan was captured after a daring invasion costing many lives on both sides in Operation Downfall by the Allied Forces. With the Cold War looming over the horizon, Hokkaidō was ceded to the Soviet Union and occupied as Vastokayasak, and the rest of Japan was partitioned into Communist North Japan and Democratic South Japan. North Japan was supported by the Soviet Union and the People's Republic of China, while the United States and other capitalistic countries supported the democratic South.

The newly recovered Germany made engineering contributions to both sides, being split into two part themselves, although ironically the relationship between East (Communist) and West (Capitalist) German are much better than their Asian brethren.

In 1950, alongside the Korean War, the Japanese War took place when communist-backed North Japan invaded the south. The north and the south fought for three years in which South Japan, with the help of its Western Allies, repelled the invasion but neither side was able to gain the upper hand. The war finally ended in 1953 in a stalemate mainly dictated to both Japans by both super powers.

A significant development in this timeline is the design and deployment of Armoured Fighting Walkers (AFWs), mechanised walking self-propelled artillery with high mobility and durability, designed during the course of WWII by genius Youth Tabane Shinonono.

They were used with negligible effect in the European theatre of war after Hitler ordered their deployment, because everyone sane knew flat terrain means near perfect visibility, and AFWs are larger target than a tank. In fact, Tabane herself mocked this decision and left Nazi party on her first opportunity, bringing her sister and parents with her.

But in the rugged Japanese terrain, AFWs were used with devastating effect, acting as the backbone of military forces of both sides during the later period of the Asian theater of World War II (referred as "Great Asian War", 1943-1945) and the Japanese War (1950–53), replacing various armored combat vehicle in the process.

In addition to the rough terrain of Japan, there was a treaty in place called RACINE. To prevent the use of nuclear weapons the second time like what USA did in World War II, as it was thought at the time they could only be used in an air raid delivery, a treaty called RACINE was signed by both Japans, the USA, the USSR, and other countries which established a no fly zone over Japan, which led to further development in AFW warfare in the country.

However, this treaty does not prevent the use of nuclear weapons by AFWs or ballistic missiles should one of the sides decide to develop such weapons.

Come 1964. Ichika Orimura (24) and Houki Shinonono (24), who had knew each other ever since WWII when they're barely remember anything, is chosen as pilot test for competing AFW prototypes from opposing corporation, although they're still on good terms. During the field live fire test however, a tragedy happened. The pilot of third unit, Kazuma, is murdered, and Prototype 03 is promptly hijacked...

Soon, Ichika and Houki found themselves involved with something more than trivial thing such as chasing the perpetrator off and trying to capture or destroy the prototype unit.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-01-08 at 08:53.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-08, 11:22   Link #39250
Eratas123

So......steam punk IS?
Old 2013-01-08, 11:45   Link #39251
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

More like late Dieselpunk I.S., principle is as real as it get and is an inversion of canon: no one using mecha in open battlefield, that's just stupid (even Tabane mock their deployment by Hitler and Nazi Germany).

Still, due to the insanely broken archipelago of Asia (particularly Japan), AFW will trump any tank in most condition. The lack of aircraft around because of treaty helped reinforcing AFW as most reliable ground combat vehicle in that region (because all ground combat vehicle is easy prey for decent bomber fleet,s ee?)

Douglas MacArthur said to John F. Kennedy three years ago, "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", I'd rather say "Not without reliable AFW", fufufufu
- Paraphrased by Tabane, before the main story began
Old 2013-01-09, 03:15   Link #39252
DarkJak2050

Okay, I have someone asking if there's pairings in my fic in the future as a review...

Now what?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 03:18   Link #39253
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I hate the rasenshuriken. But I'm probably taking a page from it's book.

Spoiler for has anyone done this before me?:

@jak: ignore it I suppose.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 03:26   Link #39254
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Or just say you have no plan about that as of now.
Old 2013-01-09, 03:50   Link #39255
Eratas123

Welp, school starts tomorrow. There goes my writing spree.
Old 2013-01-09, 06:30   Link #39256
HasuMasu
*Artist

Zero, dat bunny...somebody fund it.
HasuMasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-09, 06:46   Link #39257
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Zero, dat bunny...somebody fund it.
...... here's some teaser

Old 2013-01-09, 10:26   Link #39258
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

A couple of yearning scenes:
Spoiler for Tsurugi:

And towards the later part of the same chapter...

Spoiler for Inami:
Old 2013-01-10, 03:12   Link #39259
DarkJak2050

Another one for the archive.

Noblewoman's Heart
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 07:45   Link #39260
Eratas123

I am now stuck imagining Laura and Ichika in a paintball match:/

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest