AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-01, 03:12   Link #61
Lucas

Thanks for epi 10, C1! Been a long awaited episode! Cheers to the team!
Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 16:41   Link #62
pathyfinder
Terabyte needs anime!

So, man I forgot what do they do with the "horns" that fell of that young boy again? (and wasn't there also a green dish that was sold?)

Are they worth value because it's rare and collectors want them or are they worth something for some form of medicine?

So looking forward to an OST, but the OP is cool.
pathyfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 20:30   Link #63
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
I am so in love with this show! It's my number one priority right now as far as anime is concerned. But what I like the most—and I can tell I'm not alone in this—is the music, and how it blends in with the overall mood. Simply great.

Man, I hope an OST is going to come out soon. Or is one out already? An OP single just won't cut it.
Music is a very subjective thing, while quite a few people (including myself) on this forum clearly love the OP, a friend I showed Mushishi to commented that he thought Ally Kerr's Sore Feet Song was kinda "boring."

Here's a questiont that's been on my mind for a while, which I'll put out for the forum to explore: How much does it cost the producers of a show to license the right to use an existant piece of music? It is only done rarely, especially for English songs (The only other example I can think of is the OP for Gunslinger Girl, "The Light Before We Land" by the Delegados). I know that most of the time, there's an agreement, even a partnership between the music industry and anime industry that allows them to benefit each other by exchanging necessary music for a marketing opportunity.

Edit:
On my friend; he did say after watching episode one that he thought Mushishi was "Absolutely unbelievably awesome."
Cal-Reflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 21:59   Link #64
arias

"Sore Feet Song" as boring? ;; He must die!

I really liked the green slow-flicker mirage in the OP that went along with the song; my only disappointment was the slow white light shifting when the title appeared at the end of the OP. I think overall the OP felt excellent... But the actual lyrics of the WHOLE song of "Sore Feet Song" are pretty amusing and whimsical...
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 07:07   Link #65
wao
OK.

I fell in love with the OP before the show started - the news that the song was going to be used was out prior to the show's first episode (quite some time ago!), and BluWacky noticed it... He linked to the site of the artiste that had the music video there. Being an immoral, horrible person I downloaded the music video, ripped out the song and listened to it again and again.

One of my favourite lines is "I robbed convenience stores cos I thought they'd make it easier." I love the subtle humour in it! Although it has nothing to do with Mushishi. The lines they chose were good enough, although Ginko doesn't really have a love interest... maybe more like love for Mushi and helping people. As obvious as it may not seem...

I have the exact same reaction to arias about the OP video. The white light at the end was a bit much but I liked the flickering feeling. But you can feel it was created by someone who hasn't done any anime OPs before. (It was, actually.) The way the credits were presented and all shows. Quite a lot of people didn't like the OP, though.. even the song .

As for the cost to use an existing piece of music, I got no clue, but Ally Kerr wouldn't have been too expensive, I should think. Another show that used an existing English theme song was Speed Grapher, the OP being Duran Duran's Girls on Film. I mourn for the bad treatment that potentially decent show was given... Still, if a show with a low budget like that could get that song it shouldn't have been too hard to get this song for Mushishi. What I want to know is how they found out about it. Did the rep from Quincy Records approach them? Or were they channelled through a music production company which the producers of Mushishi approached when they needed a theme song for the show? AFAIR Ally Kerr has performed in Japan prior to Mushishi, actually.
Old 2006-02-02, 07:53   Link #66
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Did the rep from Quincy Records approach them? Or were they channelled through a music production company which the producers of Mushishi approached when they needed a theme song for the show? AFAIR Ally Kerr has performed in Japan prior to Mushishi, actually.
Maybe there's a record company that officially distributes and handles his music in Japan and that's who they approached? Really, I don't know how this stuff works, so that's just my guess.

As for me, I actually like the music when they show the ED credits more than the OP. It's also usually played during certain segments of an episode. That's the one I want.

Last edited by kujoe; 2006-02-02 at 21:18.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-02, 07:55   Link #67
wao
OK.

You do notice the ED music changes every episode, right? But is the one you're talking about the one that plays *after* the reading of next episode's title? The one that plays when they show the sponsors... the one that sounds like angklung music. I like that too.

There seems to be no news on the OST though, not yet anyway...
Old 2006-02-02, 09:28   Link #68
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
You do notice the ED music changes every episode, right? But is the one you're talking about the one that plays *after* the reading of next episode's title? The one that plays when they show the sponsors... the one that sounds like angklung music. I like that too.
For example, the one that plays during the credits of ep10. I like that one for some reason.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 00:18   Link #69
Emil Scherbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
There seems to be no news on the OST though, not yet anyway...
http://www.mushishi.jp/product/index.html#2
1st OST "Mushi no Ne" (Sounds of Mushi) First will be released on March 24.
22 pieces including each title music of episode 1-13.

2nd OST "Mushi no Ne" Second is scheduled to be released on Jun.
Emil Scherbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 17:21   Link #70
ragnarokr
The Rare Visitor

Send a message via MSN to ragnarokr
Well, for now lets rest and hear the opening single, already out, featuring two times the opening song, "The Sore feet Song" by Ally Kerr, one in the TV edited version and the other in the full three minute long version, the single also brings other song, a purely landscape Japanese traditional song, one of those backrgound songs from the anime, love it.
ragnarokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 12:31   Link #71
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
Wow I really cant get rnough of this amezing series. Anyone who has read the manga please tell me the story in every episode will never be a bore becuase that tends to happen in some series that start of strong.
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 12:36   Link #72
EmptySoul
C1Anime

I've watched episode twelve, and if anything, I can say it gets more and more interesting as it goes. Episode 12 is one of the best episodes in my opinion. Then episode elven was also really good. I can say that I dont really see mushishi flopping over and sucking after the first half of the series, but one can never say for sure 'til they see it I guess. =)
EmptySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 13:50   Link #73
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

One question about ep. 11.....

Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-07, 14:16   Link #74
Syaoran
Inactive Member

I've seen episode 1 to 3 .. Now I'm want to see the others as well.

I really enjoy this. It's something I never saw before in an anime... it's so different from what I used to see. The music, the settings, the way it's presented... I find it kind of soothing.

Concerning these stories, is Mushi some part of the Japanese mythes and legends ?
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 00:34   Link #75
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe
As for me, I actually like the music when they show the ED credits more than the OP. It's also usually played during certain segments of an episode. That's the one I want.
Yep I want those too.. dun know if I've said this before but for me, Mushishi is the only series the ED is as big a part of the episode as the... well.... episode itself! The story seems to continue INTO the ED... its one whole big beautiful package.

Dang... the wait till March 24 will be a looooong one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syaoran
Concerning these stories, is Mushi some part of the Japanese mythes and legends ?
And I'm with Syaoran on this question... Does anyone know if Mushi is relevant to Japan history/folklore?
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 02:56   Link #76
Timon
The Timon

Send a message via ICQ to Timon Send a message via AIM to Timon Send a message via MSN to Timon Send a message via Yahoo to Timon
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
One question about ep. 11.....

Spoiler:
It seemed a bit contrived to me too, but the point of the episode seemed mainly to show Ginko's conundrum. Whichever path he chooses will have its own set of curses and blessings. Does he continue to wander forever? Or settle down and face a similar fate?
Heavy stuff... poor Ginko.
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 07:45   Link #77
Ja-Y-Ce
Earthling

I juz finished episode 12...haf to agree it's one of the best episodes.
Well, hee it shows some glimpse into Ginko's life which i m always interested to know more...

hope that more great episodes will come.!
Ja-Y-Ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-08, 18:33   Link #78
arias

Wow.. Episode 11 & 12 were released very close together.

Don't know if there are any C1 Mushishi team members here, but thank you.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 02:43   Link #79
EmptySoul
C1Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by arias
Wow.. Episode 11 & 12 were released very close together.

Don't know if there are any C1 Mushishi team members here, but thank you.
You're welcome. We're trying to get back to our usual pace, the translator got really busy with school. Hopefully we'll catch up to the raws within the next couple weeks.
EmptySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 02:46   Link #80
GunSharp

Woohoo, TY C1 for the awesome work!

EP 11 was definitely one of the best episodes so far although I hear 12 is good too!
GunSharp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, historical, seinen, supernatural